By Danny Abriano | 4:34PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith (7) watches prior to an NFL football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Monday, Oct. 17, 2016, in Glendale, Ariz. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)  (Ross D. Franklin/AP) New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith (7) watches prior to an NFL football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Monday, Oct. 17, 2016, in Glendale, Ariz. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin) (Ross D. Franklin/AP)

Former Jets head coach Rex Ryan has been saying some questionable things recently, including when he referred to Amari Cooper as a "turd" for no apparent reason.

On Wednesday, Ryan took aim at Geno Smith, dissing him as part of a way to also take a shot at Bill Belichick (while still saying Belichick would have been a Hall-of-Fame coach even without Tom Brady).

"Let's give him Geno Smith. Let's give him whoever, and let's see how many Super Bowls he would have won," Ryan said during an appearance on First Take on ESPN.

Smith, who was the Jets' starter under Ryan in 2013 and 2014 shot back in multiple vitriol-filled tweets.

"My momma never liked dude he been a snake.. and y'all glorify it.. should've got fired after yr1.. truth is we won 8 games after ESPN had us winning two and he got his job back.. somehow I'm caught up in a feud and I'm the scapegoat.. Same guy that drafted me," Smith said while also referring to Ryan as a "silver spoon baby."

"I could honestly go on and on about the bs I see but truthfully I'm so happy I don't even bother," Smith added. "God put me in this position where even my enemies gotta mention my name.. so I just sit back and watch the show!"

The famous 8 win season that totally disproved the old parcells you are what your record says you are nonsense.

The jets got destroyed in almost every loss that year, gave up an ungodly number of big plays, won two games by fluke on last second gifts from the other team.

And a good number of jets fans and the ownership bought into the old 'We are an 8 win team! '  Trash.

We then wasted two more years of a team that was essentially the same as the 8 win team.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t think Geno getting his jaw broken by a teammate gets enough reverence in the buffoonery HOF.  Like I don’t understand why this isn’t 1b to the butt-fumble’s 1a... it literally sounds made up. this occurrence deserves more recognition nation wide if not world wide 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And a ton of Jets fans want him back for some inexplicable reason...

The guy is a goof and always has been. There’s a reason why Ozzie Newsome, maybe the best NFL GM of the last 25 years, bypassed his silly ass for a ST coach like Harbaugh. Despite Rex being a top flight DL coach/DC for over a decade in Baltimore.

I don’t even agree with the people who say that he’s right where he needs to be, doing analyst work for ESPN.

He sucks there too

Stupidity.

Stupidity is that reason.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Geno isn’t wrong.

Of course he isn't. 

Especially when you remember all of the times that Rex would gush about Geno to the media in his daily press conferences. 

The guy is as big of a bullsh*t artist as he is an eater. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The famous 8 win season that totally disproved the old parcells you are what your record says you are nonsense.

The jets got destroyed in almost every loss that year, gave up an ungodly number of big plays, won two games by fluke on last second gifts from the other team.

And a good number of jets fans and the ownership bought into the old 'We are an 8 win team! '  Trash.

We then wasted two more years of a team that was essentially the same as the 8 win team.

Soy you're saying they didnt win 8 games?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yup, Geno may not know how to account for being in a different time zone, but his comment is spot on.

I live in San Diego and I can say from experience that completely messing up time zone shifts is WAY easier to do than people realize. Geno did a lot of dumb crap, but reality is that this one is actually a pretty common mistake to make. I work sales on the West Coast and sometimes when I have a conference call scheduled with the east coast I have double corrected for the time difference and wound up missing it, especially when times are given as East Coast times. 

26 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Geno was an immature @$$ while he was here. It looks like he has grown up a bit since having his jaw broken by IK. 

Geno growing up a bit is a lot more than we can for Rex who has remained  an immature clown into his 60's

I'm no Geno fan but most of what he says here is true

He’s settled into making millions while wearing an earpiece and putting his hands into his shoulder pads. That would mature anyone. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I live in San Diego and I can say from experience that completely messing up time zone shifts is WAY easier to do than people realize. Geno did a lot of dumb crap, but reality is that this one is actually a pretty common mistake to make. I work sales on the West Coast and sometimes when I have a conference call scheduled with the east coast I have double corrected for the time difference and wound up missing it, especially when times are given as East Coast times. 

Geno.... why are you on JN????

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Cell phones, even all the way back in 2014, adjust automatically.  

• Haha 1