Geno vs Rex

29 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cell phones, even all the way back in 2014, adjust automatically.  

I get that but it could still be easier done than one would imagine. I consider myself solidly in the "not an idiot" category" and I have done it. Not defending Geno the player.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The famous 8 win season that totally disproved the old parcells you are what your record says you are nonsense.

The jets got destroyed in almost every loss that year, gave up an ungodly number of big plays, won two games by fluke on last second gifts from the other team.

And a good number of jets fans and the ownership bought into the old 'We are an 8 win team! '  Trash.

We then wasted two more years of a team that was essentially the same as the 8 win team.

Yep.  The 2013 Jets were outscored by 97 points that year, 5th-worst net points in the league.  That team should have been 4-12 or 5-11.

It was no surprise basically the same roster went 4-12 the next season.

12 hours ago, slats said:

Under a Harbaugh, Geno could’ve been a QB. 

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

There’s some truth to that.  

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why would Harbaugh knowingly go into a season with Geno as his QB?

For context, @slats was a huge Rex apologist and remains so to this very day

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Former Jets QB Geno Smith lays waste to Rex Ryan after diss

'My momma never liked dude he been a snake'

By Danny Abriano | 4:34PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith (7) watches prior to an NFL football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Monday, Oct. 17, 2016, in Glendale, Ariz. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)  (Ross D. Franklin/AP) New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith (7) watches prior to an NFL football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Monday, Oct. 17, 2016, in Glendale, Ariz. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin) (Ross D. Franklin/AP)

Former Jets head coach Rex Ryan has been saying some questionable things recently, including when he referred to Amari Cooper as a "turd" for no apparent reason.

On Wednesday, Ryan took aim at Geno Smith, dissing him as part of a way to also take a shot at Bill Belichick (while still saying Belichick would have been a Hall-of-Fame coach even without Tom Brady).

"Let's give him Geno Smith. Let's give him whoever, and let's see how many Super Bowls he would have won," Ryan said during an appearance on First Take on ESPN.

Smith, who was the Jets' starter under Ryan in 2013 and 2014 shot back in multiple vitriol-filled tweets.

"My momma never liked dude he been a snake.. and y'all glorify it.. should've got fired after yr1.. truth is we won 8 games after ESPN had us winning two and he got his job back.. somehow I'm caught up in a feud and I'm the scapegoat.. Same guy that drafted me," Smith said while also referring to Ryan as a "silver spoon baby."

"I could honestly go on and on about the bs I see but truthfully I'm so happy I don't even bother," Smith added. "God put me in this position where even my enemies gotta mention my name.. so I just sit back and watch the show!"

My take on this is quite simple:

1) Rex Ryan should NOT be running his mouth. Does he want another HC job? My thought is if he keeps blabbering on NO owner will ever hire him again. It's most certainly inappropriate for Rex to say, but...

2) Geno Smith has the IQ of a turnip. He was quite possibly one of the worst QB's in NYJ history, right up there with Mark Sanchez, Bubby Brister, and other ZEROES the Jets have drafted. Not only was his play horrid, but he was a locker room cancer as well. His escapades with IK Enemkpali made the Jets organization a national laughingstock. 

10 hours ago, AL047 said:

Little by little we are finding out the truth about Rex Ryan from his ex-players, There are also reasons why no team has hired him as head coach. 

It's hard to get a third shot, his HC career was over anyway and he knows it.  He was a good HC that saw his career spiral when idzik took over and was trying to sabotage him from the moment he took that job which included forcing Geno on him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

It's hard to get a third shot, his HC career was over anyway and he knows it.  He was a good HC that saw his career spiral when idzik took over and was trying to sabotage him from the moment he took that job which included forcing Geno on him.

3vzyt9.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

3vzyt9.jpg

Except its revisionist history.  Rex was not "sabotaged".  He sabotaged himself.  The spiral for Rex started in 2011 when they lost their final 3 games of the season, and it continued in 2012.  Idzik didn't arrive until 2013.  

And if Rex really was respected as a HC, he'd not have gotten himself axed by the Bills after just 2 seasons.  He also wouldn't be shut out of any HC position (even at the collegiate level) since getting let go.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except its revisionist history.  Rex was not "sabotaged".  He sabotaged himself.  The spiral for Rex started in 2011 when they lost their final 3 games of the season, and it continued in 2012.  Idzik didn't arrive until 2013.  

And if Rex really was respected as a HC, he'd not have gotten himself axed by the Bills after just 2 seasons.  He also wouldn't be shut out of any HC position (even at the collegiate level) since getting let go.  

You may be right but I’ll go to my grave believing Sanchez snoopy injury was a direct reaction to a meddling Idzik and if rookie brainiac Geno went 8-8, Sanchez was good for two more wins and a playoff berth. Doesn’t make it a wise decision, but a house divided cannot stand.

34 minutes ago, jgb said:

You may be right but I’ll go to my grave believing Sanchez snoopy injury was a direct reaction to a meddling Idzik and if rookie brainiac Geno went 8-8, Sanchez was good for two more wins and a playoff berth. Doesn’t make it a wise decision, but a house divided cannot stand.

Not even close.  That 2013 8-8 squad was outscored by 97 points.  5th worst in the NFL.  That was a 4-12 or 5-11 caliber team that got extremely lucky.  

The 2014 Jets, with basically the same roster, went 4-12.  That was more like it.

Sanchez wasn't "worth" 2 more wins, in any situation.  He was worth at least 2 losses on his own.  He wasn't any better than Geno Smith, he simply rode a near perfect roster to 4 playoff wins, and directly cost that team a chance at a title.  Twice.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not even close.  That 2013 8-8 squad was outscored by 97 points.  5th worst in the NFL.  That was a 4-12 or 5-11 caliber team that got extremely lucky.  

The 2014 Jets, with basically the same roster, went 4-12.  That was more like it.

Sanchez wasn't "worth" 2 more wins, in any situation.  He was worth at least 2 losses on his own.  He wasn't any better than Geno Smith, he simply rode a near perfect roster to 4 playoff wins, and directly cost that team a chance at a title.  Twice.

We will never know which is what makes differing opinions so much fun :)

In a battle of wits, they both come unarmed. It's the Iran/Iraq war of NFL suck. Really, who really  gives a f___ about either? 

Unless ESPN has a reality show of putting them in a Thunderdome-type place with sharpened weapons or firearms. There ins't anyhing on TV RIGHT NOW. TWO GO IN, ONE COMES OUT!

Would bet on Rex Ryan. Geno Smith got his ass kicked,and Ryan can be very tough on neighbors blocking his alley.