Exclusive footage of Cheney's hunting accident

JetCane

Jimmy Kimmel had the video of Michelle Kwan falling down at the Olympics. Just as she fell, there was a shotgun blast, and they cut to a Cheney lookalike in Hunting gear.

This isn't political. It would be ridiculous whoever the VP was.

Jimmy Kimmel had the video of Michelle Kwan falling down at the Olympics. Just as she fell, there was a shotgun blast, and they cut to a Cheney lookalike in Hunting gear.

This isn't political. It would be ridiculous whoever the VP was.

Any VP wounding a fellow hunter is sure to make comedians across the US happy, regardless of party. You can't hold that office and pull a stunt like that and not receive crap for it. Thank god Cheney had bad aim

I'll have to watch TV tonight, see what they come up with next. :)

"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," NBC

"Although it is beautiful here in California, the weather back East has been atrocious. There was so much snow in Washington, D.C., **** Cheney accidentally shot a fat guy thinking it was a polar bear."

"That's the big story over the weekend. ... **** Cheney accidentally shot a fellow hunter, a 78-year-old lawyer. In fact, when people found out he shot a lawyer, his popularity is now at 92 percent."

"I think Cheney is starting to lose it. After he shot the guy he screamed, 'Anyone else want to call domestic wire tapping illegal?' "

"**** Cheney is capitalizing on this for Valentine's Day. It's the new **** Cheney cologne. It's called Duck!"

"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Comedy Central

The show's segment titles included "Cheney's Got a Gun," "No. 2 With a Bullet" and "Dead-Eye ****."

"Vice President **** Cheney accidentally shot a man during a quail hunt ... making 78-year-old Harry Whittington the first person shot by a sitting veep since Alexander Hamilton. Hamilton, of course, (was) shot in a duel with Aaron Burr over issues of honor, integrity and political maneuvering. Whittington? Mistaken for a bird."

"Now, this story certainly has its humorous aspects. ... But it also raises a serious issue, one which I feel very strongly about. ... Moms, dads, if you're watching right now, I can't emphasize this enough: Do not let your kids go on hunting trips with the vice president. I don't care what kind of lucrative contracts they're trying to land, or energy regulations they're trying to get lifted -- it's just not worth it

Archived