7pm hospital shift change OT

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

That's pretty cool.

Americans appreciate their heroes, and it's great that people are looking at Health Care workers and what they're doing during this pandemic the same way they do our Troops and First Responders.

They are truely Heroes. Thank your wife for me.

Will do

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

That's pretty cool.

Americans appreciate their heroes, and it's great that people are looking at Health Care workers and what they're doing during this pandemic the same way they do our Troops and First Responders.

They are truely Heroes. Thank your wife for me.

Same here @batman10023, plaese send my thanks 

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:35 PM, batman10023 said:

Really nice that folks start cheering and honking at 7pm when hospitals shift change.  In nyc. 

my wife saw it and it made her feel good 

Physician Anesthesiologist here. Doing overnight call at the moment. Let her know that I'm sending you both good thoughts and to hang in there. We're all in this together as healthcare workers. Feel free to PM me as well if she has any concerns about appropriate protective gear. We're pretty well versed as speciality on that topic in particular since we are intubating all the covid-19 patients and running the ICUs. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, TheMo said:

Physician Anesthesiologist here. Doing overnight call at the moment. Let her know that I'm sending you both good thoughts and to hang in there. We're all in this together as healthcare workers. Feel free to PM me as well if she has any concerns about appropriate protective gear. We're pretty well versed as speciality on that topic in particular since we are intubating all the covid-19 patients and running the ICUs. 

Thanks. Will do.  And please stay safe 

Firefighters have been lining their trucks outside our employee entrance / exit and cheer / clap from 7pm on. Lost two patients (one simply because lack of resources, which I won't get into here) within an hour of leaving the hospital the other day and they were still there at 8pm. I was the only one walking out and yet they still clapped. One of the most touching things that I have ever experienced. Made me tear up a bit. Thanks for all of the support :cheers:

• Post of the Week 3