FFMD 2020 mock

Dcat

11 - Becton
48 - Shenault
68 - Igbinoghene
79 - Greenard
120 - Duvernay  (he just made the pick today after a bunch of us pressured him to take Duvernay.  (Alt. was Perine, who I like too).

the rest should be coming in the next day or two.    

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

11 - Becton
48 - Shenault
68 - Igbinoghene
79 - Greenard
120 - Duvernay  (he just made the pick today after a bunch of us pressured him to take Duvernay.  (Alt. was Perine, who I like too).

Good job, love the draft except for Shenault. He is always injured as in addition to his current core muscle issue he had surgery on his toe and shoulder  in 2018 and 2019. I can't see JD pulling the trigger that on a player with that history with such a high pick. 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:02 AM, Dcat said:

11 - Becton
48 - Shenault
68 - Igbinoghene
79 - Greenard

I don't like any of these picks for the Jets. 

1. Becton is a huge risk despite the upside. Jets really need something more solid at OT. They simply can't swing and miss. I'll take Jones over Becton if it came to that. 

2. Shenault has a history of injuries, including his current injury. He can do a lot of different things on the football field and is great with the ball in his hands but what the Jets really need is a guy who can lineup on the outside and operate on his own. I'd also like the Jets to have a deep threat and Sheanults game doesn't translate as a deep threat at the NFL level. He's just not the WR in Rd. 2 the Jets should target. I'd take Pittman, Claypool, obviously Higgins, Mims, probably Peoples-Jones over Shenault. 

3. Igbinoghene could develop into a legit starting CB. But right now its all about upside with him. He's a zone heavy physical CB but still learning. There should be enough other options at this point, IMO, to go in another direction at CB. If Jaylon Johnson is there, which he very well could, I'm all over him. 

3. Greenard: I actually like Greenard. Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd. But there are other prospects like Anae or Weaver I like more. Alton Robinson in the 4th maybe. 

4. Duvernay- I don't mind Duvernay here simply for the sake of value but again, the pick doesn't make a ton of sense to me for the Jets. They have Crowder and Berrios. Duvernay is strictly a slot WR and he has a slight build (an injury waiting to happen). In this draft, the Jets need to get big-bodied WRs who can play on the outside and provide Darnold with big targets, especially in the Red Zone. Duvernay is a great talent, no doubt, but there would also be big WRs like Gandy-Golden and Hodgins available who would make a ton more sense.