Can the Jets be this season's version of the Titans unexpected and exciting playoff run?

Absolutely can because they have the best QB in the division and we will see that this year with a much improved line (after adding a high pick) and a healthy Herndon and Bell with a lot more holes to hit. Plus, Mosely, Bell and Adams are three of the best players in the division and Q will make a big leap this year. I don't see why we can't win this division if our O-line is solid and we draft a receiver high and one in the 3rd round.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

usatsi_13245994.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

strue.   Sam has a significant leap to make to being even as efficient as Fitz...  it'd be nice if our WRs were as solid as BM and ED were in 2015...

but we are a significant gao below that...    Crowder and Perriman...     ffs

Confused Cameron Smith GIF by Camjaysmith

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BAD-MOJO_24_ said:

Discuss the glorious metrics below

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

No.

Wtf???  you asked if we could be this years Titans.

I reply no, and you give me a downvote? What is this, the Red China version of a football thread? ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Way too much romanticizing of the 2019 Titans going on.

Nice playoff run, but they ultimately fell short because they weren't good enough at QB.

The goal isn't to be the 2019 Titans, it's to be the 2019 Chiefs. 

Screw those low expectations. The goal is to be the 1972 dolphins.

• Upvote 1

This team isn't built right yet!!! They have a lot of work to do and in one offseason it won't get fixed. This team still has holes and they need added depth in a lot of areas. 

These are things that have to go well this upcoming season:

1.  QB has to stay healthy and play the full season
  2.  The oline has to stay healthy, protect the QB and open holes for the   RB
  3.  WRs have to step up
  4.  Dline has to step up 
  5.  Find a pass rushing OLB to take the pressure off the dline
  6.  The DB have to play solid covering the WRs and TE
  7.  Gase has to open up the offense during games

The Jets also don't have a favorable schedule!!! This team is going a form of restructuring by the GM and this team is not playoff ready. 

Titans where loaded with talent and just needed to figure out the QB situation. We on the other hand have a QB and almost zero talent around him, other than LeVeon Bell. The real concerning part is how much better Ryan Tannehill and Kenyan Drake looked the second they got away from Adam Gase and the Dolphins. 

1 hour ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Titans where loaded with talent and just needed to figure out the QB situation. We on the other hand have a QB and almost zero talent around him, other than LeVeon Bell. The real concerning part is how much better Ryan Tannehill and Kenyan Drake looked the second they got away from Adam Gase and the Dolphins. 

Mike Gesicki, Devante Parker also took massive leap away from Gase. 

He doesn’t seem to develop talent well. Another reason why I’m not betting on Perriman to be something other than he’s been for the first 3.75 years of his career

• Upvote 1

I think that's doubtful. The Jets have an improved OL, but it's GARBAGE in comparison to the Titans very athletic and dominant OL. The good thing is though, I'm certain Douglas is not finished. I figure he'll select at least two OL in the draft. The Jets current group of depth and stopgap players simply aren't anywhere near as good as the Titans OL. Even after the draft I doubt the OL could ever be that good. I think Douglas is adhering to a long term plan? In other words, the OL will be a work in progress past this season.

Bottom line is you pay for what you get when it comes to OL. Douglas took the cheap way out in FA and that's because of either of the following reasons:

1) He plans on using the draft to find starters? He used FA to find the depth or temporary starters.

2) This would inevitably worse was he actually thought the OL was finished? If he think that, then we as Jets fans are screwed because we'll have incompetent regard as GM just like Mac was.

Probably not. It would take a great draft and probably a few more moves elsewhere.

If we were to get Trent Williams, Jeudy/Lamb and another starter on offence in the 2nd round we'd look dangerous. The priority has to be giving Darnold every chance to succeed as we're going to have to make a decision with him very soon. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Probably not. It would take a great draft and probably a few more moves elsewhere.

If we were to get Trent Williams, Jeudy/Lamb and another starter on offence in the 2nd round we'd look dangerous. The priority has to be giving Darnold every chance to succeed as we're going to have to make a decision with him very soon. 

Elite QBs don’t need every chance to succeed. 

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I think that's doubtful. The Jets have an improved OL, but it's GARBAGE in comparison to the Titans very athletic and dominant OL. The good thing is though, I'm certain Douglas is not finished. I figure he'll select at least two OL in the draft. The Jets current group of depth and stopgap players simply aren't anywhere near as good as the Titans OL. Even after the draft I doubt the OL could ever be that good. I think Douglas is adhering to a long term plan? In other words, the OL will be a work in progress past this season.

Bottom line is you pay for what you get when it comes to OL. Douglas took the cheap way out in FA and that's because of either of the following reasons:

1) He plans on using the draft to find starters? He used FA to find the depth or temporary starters.

2) This would inevitably worse was he actually thought the OL was finished? If he think that, then we as Jets fans are screwed because we'll have incompetent regard as GM just like Mac was.

Say hello to another year of massive underspending. But hey at least it’s a built-in excuse for Gase and Darnold (what did you expect on a team 40m under the cap?!)

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Elite QBs don’t need every chance to succeed. 

No but they would need better than what he;s had for their first two seasons.

Darnold was in one of the worst situations in the NFL last season, if not the worst - The line was trash in every area of the game as shown by Le'Veon Bell posting numbers unrecognisable to him. He's had two mixed seasons, more bad than good if we're honest but it's difficult to judge when you surround him with such trash. What little good we have produced has generally come through him - For the Jets to play well Darnold has to be the best performer. It's ridiculous. 

Mayfield is in a similar boat but he had much more to work with in Cleveland. We need to give him an adequate situation or else we haven't even given him a chance. If Darnold doesn't improve this season he's one foot out the door regardless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No but they would need better than what he;s had for their first two seasons.

Darnold was in one of the worst situations in the NFL last season, if not the worst - The line was trash in every area of the game as shown by Le'Veon Bell posting numbers unrecognisable to him. He's had two mixed seasons, more bad than good if we're honest but it's difficult to judge when you surround him with such trash. What little good we have produced has generally come through him - For the Jets to play well Darnold has to be the best performer. It's ridiculous. 

Mayfield is in a similar boat but he had much more to work with in Cleveland. We need to give him an adequate situation or else we haven't even given him a chance. If Darnold doesn't improve this season he's one foot out the door regardless. 

The Jets OL was trash no one can deny. We have all seen the flashes but anyone getting paid to play professional NFL football can flash. Consistency is what makes winners. Darnold has always struggled with that even at USC.

If Darnold doesn’t advance this year—while the fans will yet again argue that it’s his poor supporting cast—JD would have no choice but to bring in competition.

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Honestly, if we played the Titans next year... would anyone not have that game in the “very winnable” column?

I would not. They are superior at every position on the field except SS and they have a better HC. Titans -8 on neutral field.

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bills are better set up to make a run in the AFC east.

They have the DT we should have picked

They have the #1 CB we should have picked.

They just traded for a quality WR

They have an excellent back in Singletary.

We have the better QB luckily.

Did they draft John Brown and Stefon Diggs? No they didn't, so how could they possibly be good? Its mathematically impossible. 

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

The Jets OL was trash no one can deny. We have all seen the flashes but anyone getting paid to play professional NFL football can flash. Consistency is what makes winners. Darnold has always struggled with that even at USC.

If Darnold doesn’t advance this year—while the fans will yet again argue that it’s his poor supporting cast—JD would have no choice but to bring in competition.

You're going to get inconsistency from just about any young pocket passer behind such a line.

At USC he was certainly good a lot more than he was bad. He will always have turnovers, such is his style, but needs to get the TD:INT ratio closer to 3:1. Probably too hopeful that he'll get there this season but we need a marked improvement from where he's been at.

I agree on the last part. It's a huge year for him and the pressure is on him to perform. I just fear that we'll end up having ruined a kid who definitely has talent. Maybe he wouldn't have made it anyways but to this point it's been a pretty superb example of how not to develop a young QB. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You're going to get inconsistency from just about any young pocket passer behind such a line.

At USC he was certainly good a lot more than he was bad. He will always have turnovers, such is his style, but needs to get the TD:INT ratio closer to 3:1. Probably too hopeful that he'll get there this season but we need a marked improvement from where he's been at.

I agree on the last part. It's a huge year for him and the pressure is on him to perform. I just fear that we'll end up having ruined a kid who definitely has talent. Maybe he wouldn't have made it anyways but to this point it's been a pretty superb example of how not to develop a young QB. 

"Consistency" doesn't mean 100% consistent. It means consistently-consistent. Tom Brady sails passes sometimes. Darnold has to do better to remain a starting NFL QB.

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

Say hello to another year of massive underspending. But hey at least it’s a built-in excuse for Gase and Darnold (what did you expect on a team 40m under the cap?!)

I actually expected much, much more. The current compliment of OL players Douglas are at best depth and stopgap players. It couldn't possibly be the finished product. If he thinks it is, then as I said we're screwed because that will mean Douglas almost thinks as little of OL as Mac did.

• Upvote 1