Kingmaker 2 Mafia Sign Up Thread

7 minutes ago, AVM said:

Also in, if there's room - but don't want to take a spot from someone new

I just came up with the theme...  i haven't given much thought to roles or balance yet..  however many people sign up I'll make it work.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SMC said:

Based on Pac's VIP invite to me, I'm in!

Note, 5 years ago this July, Ape engineered a train that led to my lynching the day my mom died.  Now, my father, who is in a nursing home, was diagnosed with COVID-19 today.  As such, in the spirit of JN Mafia, if he unfortunately passes, I would not be shocked if I'm lynched that day as well.

great to see you my man!  Sorry to hear what you're family is going through.  Here's to better days! 

12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Pac games are legendary, and I'm sure it'll be really good fun, but I'll be sitting out at least game or two. I'd say I'll be around to help with any VC's, but it looks like Decker has you covered. I'll probably at least read along with the game some.

gay

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Blade was like one of my very favorite movies growing up.  I watched like 20 minutes of it the other day and was like, OMG this movie is terrible. 

I love Blade but I do think Underworld is a better movie/franchise even though the last couple movies were kind of gay.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Blade was like one of my very favorite movies growing up.  I watched like 20 minutes of it the other day and was like, OMG this movie is terrible. 

Good to know. I've been toying with rewatching it for a month now. Settled.

15 hours ago, SMC said:

Based on Pac's VIP invite to me, I'm in!

Note, 5 years ago this July, Ape engineered a train that led to my lynching the day my mom died.  Now, my father, who is in a nursing home, was diagnosed with COVID-19 today.  As such, in the spirit of JN Mafia, if he unfortunately passes, I would not be shocked if I'm lynched that day as well.

God I am sorry to hear this.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sorry if I confused you.... I was referring to PAC post that renamed all the players. 

Having to explain a joke means it wasn't funny to start with.Deflect Go Away GIF by Kathryn Dean

I just want to know what the E stands for in your name man.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

It was awesome.. I hate going back at movies I loved and they are weaker by todays standards.  I don't think this would be terrible if I watched today but probably not as good as I remember.

55 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I just want to know what the E stands for in your name man.

Back in the glory days of NY Jets football, we had a RB named Emerson Boozer. He teamed with Matt Snell to be a formidable backfield. I always like Emerson and you could tell that by looking at my avatar.

You must be younger than me if you are unfamiliar with Emerson Boozer. He's in the Jets Ring of Honor

"Snell and Boozer played seven years together, from 1966 to 1972, forming perhaps the most celebrated backfield in team history. Snell and Boozer. Boozer and Snell. They were always linked, and it's entirely fitting they're entering the Ring of Honor as a tandem"

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/56260/ex-jet-great-matt-snell-carries-30-year-grudge-vows-to-skip-ring-ceremony.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Pac said:

hahaah dude I'm only kidding when I brag like I do...  no need for this but like it..

meanwhile you're making it hard for me to deliver this time.

fine, my bad, ill reverse jinx now: CULTS CULTS CULTS

On 8/3/2018 at 10:24 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

@Nolder is spot on. Cult belonged in this game as much as aliens belonged in the most recent Indiana Jones travesty. 

Pac sucks, and his obsession with forcing cult into games has made him a shadow of his former self as a mod.  Very disappointing. 

Cult sucks.  No one likes cult games.  Ever.  And especially not in games where it doesn't even fit the theme. 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:50 AM, SMC said:

Nolder, you're not wrong.  I'm not pissed because I had a blind spot for CTM and thought he was Brody, but PacMod literally changed the rules during the game.

Look at the SMC Dead Thread.  It originally states that the Ark Kill cannot work on Indiana Jones if he self protects.  Nolder, as you pointed out, I self protected and was given multiple vests.

In fact, my on-thread night actions were taken to coax a shot out of Crusher, knowing I was protected.

However, PacMod changed the rules during the game and allowed me to be killed by the Ark Kill regardless what was done.  Note, PacMod out of the blue and during the game created the strongest weapon in Mafia history.  Never before had a weapon been impossible to stop.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:57 AM, SMC said:

The problem here though, was PacMod had a brilliant idea, but didn't go all the way to be true to the source material.

For instance, in Temple of Doom, burning a cultist frees them from control of the Kali Ma poison.  In this game, there should have been a torch bearer who would submit a night action to burn someone.  It would only be effective on the cultist only.  Now, the cultist would return to being a townie.  That townie could out the cult leader, but then the cult leader would get another conversion.

Also, for the Ark Kill.  In the movie, closing your eyes prevents it.  So, Indy shouldve had the choice of either self protecting or closing his eyes.  If he closed his eyes, he'd be protected from an Ark Kill but not a bullet.  Conversely, if he self protected, he'd only be able to stop a NK, not an Ark Kill.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:32 AM, HessStation said:

Biggest takeaway for me here is this....and let me start by saying I had the same issue in  my Wizard of Oz game...”should mod tweek rules in game?” Bc I wanted to in my Oz game at one point but didn’t, bc Kaylee got all uppity that i’d be bastard modding. Although it wouldn’t have even mattered in my game, I truly do believe the mod has that power and should use it, if it’s just a tweek that enhances the overall game fairly. DPR who I think it one of the best mods does it a lot in his games, usually for the better. BUT Pac made a mistake in this one and should have let it ride. Conclusion: a tweek is NOT bastard modding but you have to be smart about it. That’s my hot take

On 8/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, HessStation said:

This game really is the movie equivalent to Gangs of New York. It could have been all time but the director made a couple stupid gaffes 

On 8/3/2018 at 6:34 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Brilliant setup.  GG all.  Congrats to the Cult.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:40 AM, Integrity28 said:

Setup was great. Love that Pac gets creative with setup and mechanics and the nuances of roles. Wish he wouldn’t hand-pick roles for players, but at least now I remember he does that.