Lions talking to teams who want to trade up to No. 3

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I know you were joking, and it was pretty funny. ?

Here’s what isn’t. Take a minute and compare Darnold’s numbers last year vs Fitzpatrick’s.

If that doesn’t totally bum you out, compare Darnold’s rookie year vs Daniel Jones’.

Then decide who’s in desperate need.

Miami is indeed in desperate need for a QB, they just don't know it yet.  The Fitz cycle dictates he's about to have an awful 2nd season there.  He also turns 38 in November.

Dn5z-7wUcAA5FDg.jpg:large

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I know you were joking, and it was pretty funny. ?

Here’s what isn’t. Take a minute and compare Darnold’s numbers last year vs Fitzpatrick’s.

If that doesn’t totally bum you out, compare Darnold’s rookie year vs Daniel Jones’.

Then decide who’s in desperate need.

Please stop. All teams and especially OL's are not created equal. If you watch Darnold throw the ball during practice next to Jones - and he has - and then tell me who is the most talented. Top NFL people were surprised how great the disparity was in arm talent for Darnold. He is why we'll have a chance to win the division if we solidify the line a bit more and get him a top receiver. The last part of his first two season's Darnold has been far better than Jones - the first was when he came back from injury and the second was when he was recovering from mono. If you're going by numbers, 6-2 is the most important one.