Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: These teams need serious help in the 2020 NFL Draft

From Yahoo sports

We’ve all read plenty of clippings about the strength of the 2020 NFL Draft class. Not only are there studs at the top of the board in Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb but the depth of possible strong contributors goes well beyond the capacity of the draft’s first two days. 

It couldn’t have come at a better time because when you spin around the league, there are some downright brutal wide receiver corps................................

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-top-10-teams-that-most-need-help-at-wide-receiver-in-the-2020-nfl-draft-160135315.html

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Spoiler: Jets listed worst. And written after Perriman.

Let me guess—HATERZ!

Not a surprise. Perriman is genuinely trash.

Even a Jeudy/Lamb won’t elevate this to a top 15 unit unless they’re elite out of the blocks, which is unlikely.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Not a surprise. Perriman is genuinely trash.

Even a Jeudy/Lamb won’t elevate this to a top 15 unit unless they’re elite out of the blocks, which is unlikely.

The OL and WR groups will take 2 years to fix with an overallocation of resources. Hopefully other positions don’t suffer too much but that’s what happens when you have GLARING holes/deficiencies and have to rebuild AGAIN. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

No argument from me.  We have Crowder and a bunch of question marks.  We deserately need to add talent in the draft.  Hoping 2 of our first 4 picks will be WR.

Absolutely.  Double dip with two WR and two OL with those first four picks.  I'm still hoping OT in the first, WR in the second, then an OL and WR in the third, but circumstances could result in switching the first two picks.

Jets have a bunch of solid value guys in terms of efficiency, and for some odd reason people are forgetting how effectual Griffin was last year before he went down. If the Jets are able to add just one efficient guy in the draft that can stretch the field we will be better than last year. I would not put my money on Darnold cutting down drastically on turnovers, meaning they have to make the most of every pass attempt, and that means guys who don't drop the ball. In that respect Anderson was addition by subtraction, Perriman will likely match his drop rate but at a fraction of the cost.

Tbh if I was Douglas I would do nothing but play the odds in the draft with WR. Draft as many as possible and hope 1-2 stick.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Truth

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

No argument from me.  We have Crowder and a bunch of question marks.  We deserately need to add talent in the draft.  Hoping 2 of our first 4 picks will be WR.

absolutely our WRs suck outside of Crowder, everyone else is a hope/prayer

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb at #11 then grab someone like Van Jefferson, Bowden or Duvernay in the 3rd.

yes, get T Williams and or Jason Peters and lets get as much draft flexibility as possible

• Upvote 1

Which is why I'm begging for either of Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb in order to provide Sam Darnold with multiple pass catching options. It's dated back to Keyshawn Johnson and Santana Moss the last time we've ever drafted a 1st round WR (pathetic). 

RB: LeVeon Bell (61 receptions as a 1st year Jet). 

Outside WR: Jerry Jeudy/CeeDee Lamb. 

Outside WR: Bernard Perriman (Replacing Anderson as a vertical deep threat of a speed demon in order to completely take the top off a defense and put up over 500 receiving yards during last 5 games last year with 3 consecutive 100+ receiving yards during his 3 starts). 

Slot Receiver: Jamison Crowder (most natural slot receiver since Chrebet, 78 receptions as a 1st year Jet). 

TE: Chris Herndon (if healthy one of the most athletic pass catching TE's within the game). 

TE: Ryan Griffin (looked awesome as a backup last year before injuries. 

Draft a 1st round stud WR (before focusing on O-Line with plenty of draft picks) and out of nowhere Sam Darnold now has a lot of pass catching weapons, everywhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Absolutely.  Double dip with two WR and two OL with those first four picks.  I'm still hoping OT in the first, WR in the second, then an OL and WR in the third, but circumstances could result in switching the first two picks.

If JD's first or second choice OT falls to 11, then take a tackle. Otherwise, WR at 11 and again in the third round. If one of JD's top 2 tackles falls to 11, then take him at 11 and take WR in 2 and one of the 3's (preferably the first round 3 pick).

None of this nonsense that we have to take a tackle at 11, even if all of JD's first round graded tackles are gone...

I mean we also have a bottom 5 OL. And the worst group of tackles in the league.

Not sure how this means we must take a WR. Either way one unit is probably going to suck.

The OL is more important for me. I think the pick will be Wills as he’ll be the guy on the board. Better depth at WR further down the draft, even if I’m not particularly sold on any one of them. It’s been hyped up as a deep class.

It’s not a shock at all! Perriman isn’t a real WR2 or Atleast hasn’t proven it consistently, Vincent Smith is completely unknown, Doctsons pretty much been a bust. At least crowder is solid though. It’s only year 1 of Joe D’s rebuild so I know he can’t fix it all in a year but we need to invest heavily at WR in this draft. Our 1st 3 picks should be OT WR WR in whatever order the draft gives us. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Spoiler: Jets listed worst. And written after Perriman.

Let me guess—HATERZ!

Not one person in this thread has disagreed with the article thus far.  lol.

We'd still belong in the # 1 or 2 spot on this list even if we'd kept Anderson AND added Perriman.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

The only way that's happening and getting good picks is to trade with DAL for Adams pre-draft, get their 1st and 3rd (17 & 82). Then trade back from 11 with PHI, and get 21, 53, 127. Now we have 17, 21, 48, 53, 68, 79, 82, 120, and 127 all in the first 4 rounds. We can go Jefferson or Mims with 17, and Jones or Ezra with 21. Then with the next 6 picks can be any variance of WR, OL, EDGE, or CB. That's my plan if I'm GM. Which I'm not so who says I know what I'm talking about lol....

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not one person in this thread has disagreed with the article thus far.  lol.

We'd still belong in the # 1 or 2 spot on this list even if we'd kept Anderson AND added Perriman.

I was the first to post. Now people too shy to prove me right. Modifying illogical behavior is my mission.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Jets have a bunch of solid value guys in terms of efficiency, and for some odd reason people are forgetting how effectual Griffin was last year before he went down. If the Jets are able to add just one efficient guy in the draft that can stretch the field we will be better than last year. I would not put my money on Darnold cutting down drastically on turnovers, meaning they have to make the most of every pass attempt, and that means guys who don't drop the ball. In that respect Anderson was addition by subtraction, Perriman will likely match his drop rate but at a fraction of the cost.

Tbh if I was Douglas I would do nothing but play the odds in the draft with WR. Draft as many as possible and hope 1-2 stick.

I was just going to say, if they get a decent rookie with some size, maybe bring back a mostly-washed Demaryius Thomas, and Herndon plays, it’s not an awful receiving group. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Henry Ruggs III = Santana Moss 2.0 

I honestly think that's his ceiling.  
I honestly can't see where all the hype on this kid id coming from.  He ran real fast at the combine.  OK.  But he's never had a 50 catch season.  He's never topped 750 yards in a season.  He's had games where he was utterly invisible.  If he's Santana 2.0 then that's awesome.  He just might be a smaller, shorter Stephen Hill 2.0 though.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I honestly think that's his ceiling.  
I honestly can't see where all the hype on this kid id coming from.  He ran real fast at the combine.  OK.  But he's never had a 50 catch season.  He's never topped 750 yards in a season.  He's had games where he was utterly invisible.  If he's Santana 2.0 then that's awesome.  He just might be a smaller, shorter Stephen Hill 2.0 though.

I meant it as a compliment. 

Moss played 14 years in the league and made the Pro Bowl in 2005, the year he left NYJ. he had 84 receptions that year and 1400 yards 9 TD.

The team didn't know how to use him properly, but that's a thread for another time. 

Henry Ruggs is not Stephen Hill (Georgia Tech, triple option offense). He can ball. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I meant it as a compliment. 

Moss played 14 years in the league and made the Pro Bowl in 2005, the year he left NYJ. he had 84 receptions that year and 1400 yards 9 TD.

The team didn't know how to use him properly, but that's a thread for another time. 

Henry Ruggs is not Stephen Hill (Georgia Tech, triple option offense). He can ball. 

I took it as a compliment to Ruggs.  Moss was underrated IMO.  He was a chickensh*t when it came to contested balls, but that's probably why he lasted 14 years.