Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: These teams need serious help in the 2020 NFL Draft

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also, where is @Raideraholic to tell us how the Raiders (# 2 on the list) actually have Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Hines Ward in their primes on their roster already?

Raiders do need a legitimate number 1 wr .   They thought they had that when they traded for Antonio Brown last year.    Tyrell Williams is legitimate number 2 .( who was hurt For most of last year).      Hunter Renfrow is excellent slot receiver.   ( whose only going to get better.      Very good year to have a need for  a number 1 type of wr.

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders do need a legitimate number 1 wr .   They thought they had that when they traded for Antonio Brown last year.    Tyrell Williams is legitimate number 2 .( who was hurt For most of last year).      Hunter Renfrow is excellent slot receiver.   ( whose only going to get better.      Very good year to have a need for  a number 1 type of wr.

A very reasonable post.  I am disappoint.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This is precisely why we needed to keep Robby.

It was negligent to let him go.

It takes 2 to tango.  We made our offer, Robby wanted a lot more, then signed essentially a 1-year deal elsewhere to save face.  Who cares.  We're about to find our long-term WR1 and WR2 in this draft.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not one person in this thread has disagreed with the article thus far.  lol.

We'd still belong in the # 1 or 2 spot on this list even if we'd kept Anderson AND added Perriman.

Yep ... We are in a tough spot at WR and have been for some time....

So many holes so little time.

I would definitely like to go OT, WR, WR or WR,OT, WR with our first 3 picks in the draft.

Which means we will probably go CB, OLB, DT.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is precisely why we needed to keep Robby.

It was negligent to let him go.

"Needed" ....  Debatable

Robby was not that good... .

He's gone 

He should be easily gotten over.

Looks like some will hold on, longing for him either way.

He was a Low #2 with upside masquerading as a #1 on the outside.

Now we are saddled with an upside #3 masquerading as our #1 on the outside. Joe's Gamble is Perriman panning out as a decent #2.  Joe seems like he is irrationally attached to Perriman after scouting him for years.

That attachment is not good, but it's no worse than fans being irrationally attached to Robby because he was our Cinderella story UDFA who managed to stick. At least Perriman is a cheaper gamble by 6 Mil Guaranteed.

It was a crap situation either way. Robby wasn't going to save us the headache.

Looking at your profile pick  Fidelio, you should be able to spot those wrs masquerading as more than they are. ;-)

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

"Needed" ....  Debatable

Robby was not that good... .

He's gone 

He should be easily gotten over.

Looks like some will hold on, longing for him either way.

He was a Low #2 with upside masquerading as a #1 on the outside.

Now we are saddled with an upside #3 masquerading as our #1 on the outside. Joe's Gamble is Perriman panning out as a decent #2.  Joe seems like he is irrationally attached to Perriman after scouting him for years.

That attachment is not good, but it's no worse than fans being irrationally attached to Robby because he was our Cinderella story UDFA who managed to stick. At least Perriman is a cheaper gamble by 6 Mil Guaranteed.

It was a crap situation either way. Robby wasn't going to save us the headache.

Looking at your profile pick  Fidelio, you should be able to spot those wrs masquerading as more than they are. ;-)

Since when is a 1 year contract proof of "irrational attachment"? 

Also the 8 million he gave Perriman is on par with the  likes of Albert Wilson, Marquis Lee and Cole Beasley. 

There is really nothing that indicates that Joe is irrationally attached to Perriman. A 1 year deal seems, by definition, to infer that the GM does NOT have much attachment to the player. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Not to spoil the fun of another thread telling us just how horrible the Jets are, but 6 of the top 10 on that list made the playoffs, and one of them went to the Super Bowl.

I think the only logical take away from your point would be that having a true FQB makes a less than stellar WR corp serviceable and if thats the case Jets are worse off than we thought.

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Since when is a 1 year contract proof of "irrational attachment"? 

Also the 8 million he gave Perriman is on par with the  likes of Albert Wilson, Marquis Lee and Cole Beasley. 

There is really nothing that indicates that Joe is irrationally attached to Perriman. A 1 year deal seems, by definition, to infer that the GM does NOT have much attachment to the player. 

Sshhh I'm trying to play into Fidelios hand and paint him into a corner.... So he gives up this Irrational Robby love.?

The only irrational attachment comes from him being a member of the team that originally drafted Perriman and nothing else.

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And it's  just about as hard to get as toilet paper. I never thought I would see the day the beef jerky rack at stop and shop woukd be empty except for taht God awful  Teriyaki  flavored one

Teriyaki is my jam 

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

I know I’m in the minority, perhaps a population of one, but you’re my second favorite poster here. I know, I know, that makes me an outlier. But I believe it.

Appreciate that.  I'm thinking about doing one of those celebrity quarantine videos for my fans.  You know, the ones where rich celebrities say "we're all in this together" and sing dumb songs while lounging at their pool that looks something like this:

Wahlberg-Pool.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jetsjets said:

Why.......

why are we always this bad

Only 3 WR's taken by the Jets in the first 3 rounds of the draft since 2001 (Santana Moss - 1st round) is a pretty good reason for why that's the case.

And those 3 WR's were Stephen Hill, Devin Smith and ArDarius Stewart.  That's another good reason.

• Upvote 2