Top 50 2020 NFL Draft Player You'd Refuse to Draft

I can't say I've looked at ILB's and DT's, because I will freak out if we drafted any of those in the first three rounds. And I haven't looked at QB either, although I respect Burrow a lot and would be shocked if he didn't go #1.

But out of our positions of need, and the guys I've looked at, I want no part of:

K'Lavon Chaisson

Trevon Diggs

There are players I rate lower than their 'consensus' ranking:

Mekhi Becton - late first IMO. Better athlete than player; but clearly has tremendous upside.

Josh Uche - He's light, gets lost against the run and I think benefitted from a creative defensive scheme. I'd consider him in the third, but I see him going top 50 in certain mocks. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I can't say I've looked at ILB's and DT's, because I will freak out if we drafted any of those in the first three rounds. And I haven't looked at QB either, although I respect Burrow a lot and would be shocked if he didn't go #1.

But out of the positions of our positions of need, and the guys I've looked at, I want no part of:

K'Lavon Chaisson

Trevon Diggs

There are players I rate lower than their 'consensus' ranking:

Mekhi Becton - late first IMO. Better athlete than player; but clearly has tremendous upside.

Josh Uche - He's light, gets lost against the run and I think benefitted from a creative defensive scheme. I'd consider him in the third, but I see him going top 50 in certain mocks. 

I can agree with most of these guys. Out of all of the prospects on your list I am terrified to draft Becton only to become a potential high ceiling-low floor bust. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Chaisson, Isaiah Wilson, Jalen Reagor

Interesting.  Tell me what you don't like about Reagor?

I agree on Chaisson and although I think Wilson will be okay, he's not a fit for the Jets.  The other guy I don't like is Shenault.  Really don't want him.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting.  Tell me what you don't like about Reagor?

I agree on Chaisson and although I think Wilson will be okay, he's not a fit for the Jets.  The other guy I don't like is Shenault.  Really don't want him.

Reagor doesn’t separate the way a fast guy should separate. He isn’t really shifty or sudden. He has long speed but he really doesn’t run great routes. He’s a smaller guy reliant on winning 50/50s. I watched him and Aiyuk a lot when this whole draft season started and Aiyuk turned me but Reagor made me feel bad about it.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Reagor doesn’t separate the way a fast guy should separate. He isn’t really shifty or sudden. He has long speed but he really doesn’t run great routes. He’s a smaller guy reliant on winning 50/50s. I watched him and Aiyuk a lot when this whole draft season started and Aiyuk turned me but Reagor made me feel bad about it.

He apparently ran 4.22 at his pro-day, not really worth all that much but he definitely does have speed. He probably doesn't make it to our 2nd pick.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:17 PM, Beerfish said:

The Jets under mccganan have been experts at picking guys from my "DO NOT DRAFT" list.

Guys on my lost this year are:

Isiah Simmons

K'Von Chaisson

Derrick Brown

Javon Kinlaw

Lavishka Shenault

Literally every guy on your list would be on mine. At least in the top 50.  Except Shenault. I can bet I know why you have him here, but I still love him. I think he will overcome the injury stuff with some true attention to attitude and technique with the ball in his hands. 

But other than that I really align with this list. 

I agree with previous posts on Shenault, he wouldn't be on my board.

Another player who I strongly see as over rated is Tee Higgins from Clemson. He is not a top athlete as was exposed at the combine. He has trouble getting separation and gets many of his catches by out jumping/muscling college DB's and this won't fly in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1