PFF Draft Simulator

JohnnyLV

PFFs mock draft simulator is up https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

There are some unique options to structure if teams draft for needs and how much, how to rank the players with a combo of PFF Grades and Public Grades.

Interesting thing is that there is a consistent run on both OT and WR so much so that the pickings get pretty slim at our 2nd pick for WR if we went OT or OT if we go WR.  Because of the run, we usually have a choice of a WR or OT but both usually have Top 2 gone already.

Here is the first draft I did.  Swift is maybe an usual pick for #48 but a lot of value there, despite the PFF grade of the pick.  Lemiuex at 191 I thought was surprising value, and I personally like Leake as a fit for a zone scheme. 2 RBs is maybe odd but we may not have a RB on current roster that will be here next year anyway

Draft for Needs, Positional Value, Yes, 50 PFF. 50 Public, Less Random

image.png.9d7bae0702633bd4609813ea0ac6d2c3.png

• Upvote 4

Position needs are there. Taking RB in round two seems like a reach but I’m still not convinced the line was the only reason for Bell’s lack of production. I think RB needs to be addressed in earlier rds than most might think. It would be a homerun if they could move back in the first and pick up another second to go OT/WR (whatever they didn’t address in later round 1). I like Taylor or Akers in the second as well if they last that long. 

28 minutes ago, jetsons said:

image.png.e24bdb5c4e47f9385b87012fe4496140.png

Liking this draft. Peart at 103 was where this trades hidden value is. Kmet  is a pick where we’re deep but will be better due to overall game. Josh Jones is a very good pick.... can compete for Tackle but will be getting ready for ‘21. Love Pittman at 48

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, jetsons said:

image.png.e24bdb5c4e47f9385b87012fe4496140.png

I really like this draft. I'm a big fan of Claypool, i would have probably picked him up over Pittman in Rd. 3 and took a CB in Rd.  2 but thats just nitpicking. 

As you said, this site devalues RBs, no way Gibson is there in Rd. 6. Cephus wont be there in Rd. 6 either. Jefferson will most likely not be there at 158. 

Normally I'm not on board to draft a TE unless we're taking a flyer on a late round prospect but if we get a chance to get Kmet with one of our third round picks and we trade down to get extra draft picks I really like the idea of getting the best TE in the draft. Been looking at him a little closer and he is a BEAST. Definitely the most complete TE in the draft and while not the most athletic he is really strong and hard to bring down with really, really soft hands. I know people say this about everybody but he is like a baby gronk. I guess I should say baby Kittle. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I really like this draft. I'm a big fan of Claypool, i would have probably picked him up over Pittman in Rd. 3 and took a CB in Rd.  2 but thats just nitpicking. 

As you said, this site devalues RBs, no way Gibson is there in Rd. 6. Cephus wont be there in Rd. 6 either. Jefferson will most likely not be there at 158. 

Normally I'm not on board to draft a TE unless we're taking a flyer on a late round prospect but if we get a chance to get Kmet with one of our third round picks and we trade down to get extra draft picks I really like the idea of getting the best TE in the draft. Been looking at him a little closer and he is a BEAST. Definitely the most complete TE in the draft and while not the most athletic he is really strong and hard to bring down with really, really soft hands. I know people say this about everybody but he is like a baby gronk. I guess I should say baby Kittle. 

I got you Claypool ?

1 hour ago, RobR said:

This is the reason nobody should take these things seriously. 

Depends on the settings. Going entirely by PFF numbers you can end up with Becton in the second. If you move the setting to public consensus, Becton is gone in the top 10. It’s a fun exercise.

4 hours ago, RobR said:

This is the reason nobody should take these things seriously. 

oh it's just a bit a fun man.  Anyone taking it seriously should have their head examined but I will say that the experience of not having control of where the players get taken does give ya the live feel of not getting guys you hope to grab. 

I like it a lot actually. This is my first year using the simulators.

\

Oh... and I take it VERY seriously! :o