Marcus Maye: Free Safety. 4 Career INTs: Where are all of his game changing plays as a Free Safety?!?

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And suddenly you do realize why there isn't a single NFL owner and/or an NFL GM looking to part ways with multiple draft picks (including a 1st Round Pick) for... "Marcus Maye".

Marcus Maye is an excellent FS and I'm more than happy to have him on the Jets. He hits harder than Adams - who misses many tackles because he's looking for the 'Sports Center' hit and fails to wrap up and tackle and he over runs plays and takes bad angles. BUT - he sure self promotes like no other.

I'd take Maye over Adams every time especially considering the outrageous salary demands the Prez is demanding.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Just out of curiosity....what could we get if we packaged both Adams and Maye in a trade deal?  Is there a team that would see an instant Safety pair as a big jump for their Secondary?

Only if Macc gets rehired as a GM - then sure.

• Haha 1

Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships (6-01-2017)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your Top 10 Jet Players that you're most looking forward to watching" (2017)"

2.) Jamal Adams:

"I'm still a believer that defense wins championships and i truly believe that this Jamal Adams kid is a generational type of Safety. He's got natural born leadership qualities, a very smart player, range to cover, speed to make plays, great tackler, toughness, heart and plays with raw emotion along with jaw dropping athletic abilities and simply left me in awe with some of those hits in which he laid on helpless college kids.

I can't say enough about this Jamal Adams kid out of LSU. He made a name for himself as a bad ass beast Safety out of the SEC. Many considered him as being the best overall player of this years draft class. I myself personally haven't been this intrigued about a Jets rookie since dating back to Keyshawn Johnson (been a long time coming)".

9.) Marcus Maye:

"Devin Smith. Jace Amaro. Geno Smith. Stephen Hill. Vlad Ducasse.

I can't mention Hackenberg because he's yet to see the field but it's been a long time coming since we've seen real quality play out of a 2nd rounder. Not since David Harris of 2007 to be truthful. And before David Harris it was Kellen Clemens. Mike Nugent. Justin Miller. Jon McGraw and the LaMont Jordans of the world. I guess Victor Hobson of 2003 was o.k but yet still nothing to really write home about.

I personally wanted #4 Dalvin Cook due to me being an FSU fan, but as of now i really want this Marcus Maye kid to emerge as our starting rookie alongside of Jamal Adams.

He's without question one of my top 10 players who I'm most looking forward to seeing take the field and maybe, just maybe; it'll take my FSU's rival in the Florida Gators (out of the fierce SEC) to buck our trend of 2nd round failures with a first-team All-American in Marcus Maye. 

(our pass defense was so bad last year, to the point of me having to trust Maccagnan here).

One thing that I can say about Maye (like Adams) is that he's as physical as they come.

He's got a ready made frame for the Free Safety position and not only is he really fast for a Safety (4.47 40 yard dash) but he can also tackle and tackle hard too (6 forced fumbles).

Marcus Maye graded out as the very best one on one tackler of any kid who came out of 2017's NFL draft class and from my understanding he's a natural born leader, vocal, very smart in both man & zone schemes and was the heart & soul of Florida's SEC defense.

Can Marcus Maye & Jamal Adams become the NFL's next version of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor type of Safety tandem of an NFL duo? I'm not sure and only time will tell but these kids were almost teammates for LSU and have been chomping at the bit to play alongside of one another for a while now.

Can't wait to see them as a 1-2 punch in green and white".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships (10-22-2017)

'Two beast SEC Safeties out of LSU & FLorida; one and two'.

"Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye became the 1st tandem of Rookie Safeties to start week one dating back to the NFL merger.

The Jets and Maccagnan had balls going Safety rounds one & two with back to back Safety's. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I am glad that i was wrong. As an FSU fan i was dreaming of my boy #4 Cook coming out of the backfield in Green & White. Boy am i glad that I'm wrong, and Marcus Maye is now playing alongside of Jamal Adams.

Because of these two rookies at S the Jets are up 14 on the road against Miami. Adams blitz/tipped ball turned into a Wilkerson INT & an offensive TD for our offense. Maye's INT & big return resulted in another Jets offensive TD.

These two kids are both studs. That is all. We now have LSU & Gator talents roaming this defense. And Adams is an animal. Maye is a freak".

Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships (8-02-2018)

"Your top individual players and/or team aspects that you're most looking forward to throughout 2018?"

2.) Jamal Adams: 

"You see him talking up his Jets on social media non stop. He really does bleed passion. He lives for this. He's at every single potential free agent meeting dressed up nice. He recruit's potential free agent players alongside of our front office. Has a personality. He's hungry. Imo he's the definition of a perfect team spokesman.

7.) Marcus Maye.

Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams. Two beast SEC Safeties. Both have tremendous upside. They impressed as rookie's last year and Macc selecting to go Safety 1-2, imo, now looks like a stroke of genius for our secondaries back end".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've loved Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye dating back to 2017. Number one Safety tandem within the league. And I could see it from a mile away (could you?). 

I'll never talk bad about Marcus Maye. 

I used him as an example to show others what the Jamal Adams treatment looks like once applied to a player not named Jamal Adams (the results weren't good, which proved my point). 

I've supported both Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye and have been A-1 since DAY-1...

Have you? 

I talk Football with knowledge and effort...

Do you?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Melly-Mel said:

Maye is a very good Player.  Consistent, nice tackler, no nonsense football player.  

One thing that's great, ever since his arrival I do not remember teams killing us deep for 50-70+ yard bombs on a consistent basis against us anymore. 

Marcus Maye is the true reason why I wanted and still do want Jadeveon Clowney. 

He will become a great ball hawk with top notch range and could easily record 6-8 INT's per season and like Adams reach Pro Bowl and All-Pro status once having an improved pass rush in order to force QB's into mistakes. 

Together Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye create for the leagues #1 Safety tandem and an excellent duo.

Marcus Maye is awesome. 

16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And just so everyone knows.

Before you take me too seriously please understand that I was only being sarcastic and when I created this thread I was actually mocking all of the #33 critics (while trying to sound just like them) while completely ripping apart one of my favorite Jets; because yes, I love what Marcus Maye does as a Center Fielder @ FS.

Just weird to me how one SS gets ripped a new one and his teammate in a FS isn't mentioned. 

Judging from length  of that thread, you need to find a new hobby.

I was going to say you have too much time on your hands,  but we all have that right now. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I feel and believe that the Jamal Adams thread has ran it's course (mods please feel free to lock). 

Because it's now time for us to move on to and/or move over (one position) and talk about Jamal's teammate and running mate...

Marcus Maye: 

38 games played (compared to his teammate who's played in 46 games).

3 years (same as his teammate). 

27 years old (compared to his teammate who's only 24 years of age). 

178 tackles (273 tackles out of his teammate). 

137 solo tackles (210 solo tackles out of his teammate). 

1 Tackle for Loss (28  tackles for  loss out of his teammate). 

11 Passes Defended (25 passes defended out of his teammate). 

0.5 sacks (12.0 sacks out of his teammate). 

0 QB hits (23 QB hits out of his teammate).

2 fumbles forced (6 fumbles forced out of his teammate).

0 fumble recoveries (4 fumble recoveries out of his teammate). 

4 CAREER INTERCEPTIONS (2 INTs out of his teammate). 

0 defensive touchdowns (2 defensive touchdowns from his teammate). 

And suddenly you do realize why there isn't a single NFL owner and/or an NFL GM looking to part ways with multiple draft picks (including a 1st Round Pick) for... "Marcus Maye". 

Where is all the JN hate for Marcus Maye due to a lack of INT's and his Hidden Production?

Where is all the JN hate and complains over Marcus Maye's lack of game changing impactful plays as an NFL starting Free Safety?

Because Marcus Maye is the one who (actually) plays the same (sexy) position of Free Safety as ball hawks such as Ed Reed, Rod Woodson, Steve Atwater, Darren Sharper, Brian Dawkins, Earl Thomas, and Ronnie Lott (to name a few). 

But yet no mention of only 4 career interceptions? No mention of trading him away for a bag of chips? 

And if we're going to judge Maye by the same standards we judge his teammate well then where are the complaints of his career losing record of only 14-24 overall? (i learned that one from @#27TheDominator

And no mention how (while his teammate plays all over the field at each and every position outside of d-line and makes a living attacking QB's and tackling RB's for losses behind the line of scrimmage etc) the only job of Marcus Maye is to play back in deep zone coverage as a Center Fielder who watches the Quarterbacks eyes at all time; but yet only has 4 INT's ala two more than his teammate? 

And last but not least... Where are his Forced Fumbles at? 0? Some say he hits like Ronnie Lott coming out lol.

Or...

Are we just not allowed to simply crap all over Marcus Maye with the same type of treatment we've given his teammate over the past 3 years? 

I'd love to hear all your stories about his hidden production and his game changing impactul 4 career INT's... Please. Tell us all about Marcus Maye (the talking down on his teammate has ran it's course).

PS: 0 All-Rookie team, 0 Pro Bowls. 0 All-Pros and 0 Top 100's. 

Fantastic thread! 

The answer to your question is "Because Maye wasnt taken before Patrick Mahomes". That's why Adams gets all the heat he receives. 

4 hours ago, legends of the fall said:

Fantastic thread! 

The answer to your question is "Because Maye wasnt taken before Patrick Mahomes". That's why Adams gets all the heat he receives. 

Comparing himself to Aaron Donald and likely looking to make $17M+ per season doesn't help his chances  of avoiding heat, either.

Oh, and he texted Ryan Clark last year that he'd like to be a Cowboy.  He also tends to blame his teammates, publicly, for the team being bad ("I am not a loser!").  Somehow he still gets called a leader.  He's really not.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, legends of the fall said:

Fantastic thread! 

1.) I love Marcus Maye.

2.) I made this thread in order to mock specific fans. 

But that's pretty funny because when we drafted Marcus Maye we actually at the same time passed up on the likes of absolute GAME CHANGERS (but yet crickets from hypocritical little hypocrites, such as yourself). 

See for yourselves...

Pro Bowl RB Dalvin Cook, Pro Bowl WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, All-Pro and Pro Bowl RB Alvin Kamara, Pro Bowl WR Chris Godwin, Pro Bowl CB Shaquill Griffin, Pro Bowl RB James Conner, All-Pro Safety Eddie Jackson, Pro Bowl WR Kenny Golladay, Pro Bowl RB Tarik Cohen and an All-Pro and Pro Bowl TE George Kittle etc, etc, etc. 

Once Marcus Maye becomes a Pro Bowl stud and/or an All-Pro game changer? Then and only then will Jamal Adams "deserve all the heat" while Marcus Maye is rewarded with a "free pass" without being given the "Jamal Adams treatment". 

• Patrick Mahomes was not even considered #1 overall pick worthy heading into the draft, now was he? 

• Patrick Mahomes wasn't even the #1 QB selected, now was he? Trubisky says hello. 

• The "Jets" aren't the only team who passed up on Mahomes, now were they? Because Cleveland, Chicago, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Titans, Chargers, Panthers and Bengals all say (lol) HELLO. 

• Patrick Mahomes (only played 1 game as a rookie) and was drafted into a lucky situation with an absolutely loaded offense already in place and being ran and led by a future HOF head coach in Andy Reid, a pro bowl RB in Kareem Hunt, two studs and Pro Bowl/All-Pro WR's in Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins, another All-Pro/Pro Bowl TE in Travis Kelce and yet another two Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro Offensive Lineman @ both tackle spots in Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz

A.) Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have gotten destroyed behind the Jets atrocious O-Line.

B.) Wouldn't have failed in NY without an O-Line and multiple Offensive Weapons.

C.) Would've had a legendary offensive minded head coach in Andy Reid (if drafted into NY). 

D.) Would've been drafted into a ready made offense featuring 6 Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro's @ RB/WR/TE/O-Line (if drafted by the Jets). 

E.) Mahomes has been able to "win all by himself in KC" and/or "would've won if drafted into a crap situation as a Jet". 

F.) Mahomes wasn't carried by KC's defense against the 49ers and had himself a medicore SB performance. 

G.) the Jets didn't draft an All-Pro (First-team) in Jamal Adams followed by Sam Darnold the very next draft (who was a better and higher rated Quartbeback prospect than "Patrick Mahomes" coming out). 

"Patrick Mahomes" doesn't change the fact that we're now featuring a Franchise QB in Sam Darnold along with a Cornerstone Defensive Player in Jamal Adams (in order to build around). 

Take away Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, two Pro Bowl/All-Pro O-Lineman and KC's run game away from him and Patrick Mahomes would be absolutely nothingness as a "JET" and wouldn't be able to hold Sam Darnold's jock strap under NYJ's less than ideal offensive situations and/or absolute horrendous offensive circumstances. 

Jamal Adams + Sam Darnold over "Patrick Mahomes". 

On 4/10/2020 at 3:54 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Before you take me too seriously please understand that I was only being sarcastic and when I created this thread I was actually mocking all of the #33 critics (while trying to sound just like them) while completely ripping apart one of my favorite Jets; because yes, I love what Marcus Maye does as a Center Fielder @ FS.

Just weird to me how one SS gets ripped a new one and his teammate in a FS isn't mentioned. 

Maye wasn't drafted at #6 overall. How did you not know this?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I was being sarcastic and mocking Jet fans for their "Jamal Adams Treatment" when i created this thread. In order to later on mock you. I'm actually a big fan of Marcus Maye. 

And you're right.

Jamal Adams is a very successful 6th overall pick with All-Rookie team, 2x Pro Bowl and 2x All-Pro honors.

How did you not know this? 

What about Marcus Maye?

How did you not know that he was a 2nd pick and we passed up on the likes of absolute game changers in...

Pro Bowl RB Dalvin Cook, Pro Bowl WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, All-Pro and Pro Bowl RB Alvin Kamara, Pro Bowl WR Chris Godwin, Pro Bowl CB Shaquill Griffin, Pro Bowl RB James Conner, All-Pro Safety Eddie Jackson, Pro Bowl WR Kenny Golladay, Pro Bowl RB Tarik Cohen and an All-Pro and Pro Bowl TE George Kittle (etc)

How did you not know this?

And I absolutely love Marcus Maye (made this thread to laugh at Jet fans such as yourself). 

Need proof?

Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships (6-01-2017)

"Your Top 10 Jet Players that you're most looking forward to watching" (2017)"

9.) Marcus Maye:

"Devin Smith. Jace Amaro. Geno Smith. Stephen Hill. Vlad Ducasse.

I can't mention Hackenberg because he's yet to see the field but it's been a long time coming since we've seen real quality play out of a 2nd rounder. Not since David Harris of 2007 to be truthful. And before David Harris it was Kellen Clemens. Mike Nugent. Justin Miller. Jon McGraw and the LaMont Jordans of the world. I guess Victor Hobson of 2003 was o.k but yet still nothing to really write home about.

I personally wanted #4 Dalvin Cook due to me being an FSU fan, but as of now i really want this Marcus Maye kid to emerge as our starting rookie alongside of Jamal Adams.

He's without question one of my top 10 players who I'm most looking forward to seeing take the field and maybe, just maybe; it'll take my FSU's rival in the Florida Gators (out of the fierce SEC) to buck our trend of 2nd round failures with a first-team All-American in Marcus Maye. 

(our pass defense was so bad last year, to the point of me having to trust Maccagnan here).

One thing that I can say about Maye (like Adams) is that he's as physical as they come.

He's got a ready made frame for the Free Safety position and not only is he really fast for a Safety (4.47 40 yard dash) but he can also tackle and tackle hard too (6 forced fumbles).

Marcus Maye graded out as the very best one on one tackler of any kid who came out of 2017's NFL draft class and from my understanding he's a natural born leader, vocal, very smart in both man & zone schemes and was the heart & soul of Florida's SEC defense.

Can Marcus Maye & Jamal Adams become the NFL's next version of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor type of Safety tandem of an NFL duo? I'm not sure and only time will tell but these kids were almost teammates for LSU and have been chomping at the bit to play alongside of one another for a while now.

Can't wait to see them as a 1-2 punch in green and white".

Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships (10-22-2017)

'Two beast SEC Safeties out of LSU & FLorida; one and two'.

"Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye became the 1st tandem of Rookie Safeties to start week one dating back to the NFL merger.

The Jets and Maccagnan had balls going Safety rounds one & two with back to back Safety's. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I am glad that i was wrong. As an FSU fan i was dreaming of my boy #4 Cook coming out of the backfield in Green & White. Boy am i glad that I'm wrong, and Marcus Maye is now playing alongside of Jamal Adams.

Because of these two rookies at S the Jets are up 14 on the road against Miami. Adams blitz/tipped ball turned into a Wilkerson INT & an offensive TD for our offense. Maye's INT & big return resulted in another Jets offensive TD.

These two kids are both studs. That is all. We now have LSU & Gator talents roaming this defense. And Adams is an animal. Maye is a freak".

Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships (8-02-2018)

"Your top individual players and/or team aspects that you're most looking forward to throughout 2018?"

7.) Marcus Maye.

Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams. Two beast SEC Safeties. Both have tremendous upside. They impressed as rookie's last year and Macc selecting to go Safety 1-2, imo, now looks like a stroke of genius for our secondaries back end".

-----------------------------------------------

@jeremy2020 Where are all of your Marcus Maye posts showing your support for our FS dating back to 2017? Don't have any?

So unless and until you can show me proof?

You can just STFU before thinking that you can talk to me about MARCUS MAYE... lol. 

My Jets fan rap shouted out to you posters who rather question me than talk ball. 

"Questioning me? Nothing else better to do than to question D-W-C? damn man yo chill fam more like god damn look ma these negative critics got me dropping ah hot jam born and raised outta QUEENNNSSSS I'm just an ordinary Jet fan nothing to regret man yo chill spam cant even gamble and win me a bet damn but yet man I just noticed another Jet fan breaking out in a sweat man so mad you can see his sweat gland then bam bam they hate by the way that I rep sham reminds me of yet another Bill Belichick scam cant understand is there like a line in the sand as an Adams fan i just crossed their line in the sand even put me on the stand before they compared me to stan Kaepernick they want me to kneel when I stand Kaepernick they can't feel where I stand Kaepernick looking real real sad too bad real real mad they even ask for a ban so sad could really give a damn i know Karate man meet Jackie Chan now where the Knicks at probably same place where their bricks at well bring me bricks back Jean-Claude Van Damme what in the world man they taking 1st and a 3rd man crazy talk they even talk in the 3rd man JD plz tell em to scram scram thnx man now scram scram ay fam fam why you laughing at me damn born and raised on the Southside still rep with my mouth wide New York Jet over on this side never let a diss slide talk about rookie and vet pride owed a bookie with debt hide just to see my Jets fly but I aint' gonna spell it out for you motherposters every time are you illiterate posers you can't read between the lines need me D-W-C? N-Y-C 1-2-3 A-B-C spell it out with each and every post within the form of a rhyme get smoked like green pine within the form of a green dime at the same time mocked like Nickelodeon from Green slime corona means I have more time could find time and quote myself with posts from back in like 2008 before 09 it's about time for slap time within the form of ah nap time in order show who got roasted and toasted like green pine that was Revis and Rex time I can flex mine a buck 80 soaken wet i can bench mine as a poster you post from the bench side not even the baseline defensive knowledge can't face mine my time no reason to waste mine my posts not easy to erase mine you rather mock me then face mine couldn't talk sports with me over FaceTime not my Jet kind you disgrace mine all of my threads are primetime Ali Nieon Deion I'm Primetime you're not in the right mind Mike Tyson can't even fight mine extinct kind Joe Namath I can predict mine and you're the prick kind real life dick kind condom for your ear go and  fk what you heard before trying to question mine. 

I don't know if I can rap better than any of you however I do know that I can write about sports better than you can... Good morning America. PS: It sounded much better with my 50 Cent instrumental in the background my wife loved it lol

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@jeremy2020 Where are all of your Marcus Maye posts showing your support for our FS dating back to 2017? Don't have any?

So unless and until you can show me proof?

You can just STFU before thinking that you can talk to me about MARCUS MAYE... lol. 

yet you didn't know he wasn't drafted 6 overall. Not very knowledgeable imo.

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Who cares if Maye wasn't drafted 6th overall? I know I couldn't care less. 

Because Jamal Adams was and is an excellent 6th overall pick.

Despite passing on Mahomes (we landed SAM DARNOLD the very next draft) Jamal Adams @ only 24 years of age and has developed into an All-rookie team, voted into the Pro Bowl x2 (MVP alongside of Mahomes) and now a 2x All-Pro (3 years). 

And I love Maye but I'm sorry. He never made the All-Rookie team, never been to a Pro Bowl, not an All-Pro and to make it worse we passed up on the likes of...

Pro Bowl RB Dalvin Cook.

Pro Bowl WR JuJu Smith-Schuster.

All-Pro and Pro Bowl RB Alvin Kamara.

Pro Bowl WR Chris Godwin.

Pro Bowl CB Shaquill Griffin.

Pro Bowl RB James Conner.

All-Pro Safety Eddie Jackson.

Pro Bowl WR Kenny Golladay.

Pro Bowl RB Tarik Cohen.

All-Pro and Pro Bowl TE George Kittle. 

We could have drafted Pro Bowl RB in Dalvin Cook who as an FSU fan I was begging for. Only to see him get select the very next pick (after Maye) while not having to pay Bell and have a lot more cap space for a pass rusher. 

Darnold having either of JuJu Smith-Schuster @ WR or the #1 TE right now in George Kettle. 

We could've even drafted FS All-Pro Safety Eddie Jackson and had ourselves two All-Pro Safety's...

Marcus Maye is also 27. 3 years older than Adams. 

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal Adams + Sam Darnold over "Patrick Mahomes". 

i love that you're an adams fan because i am too and like your fire when defending him.  but this is where you lose me.  i'd rather have a MUCH better QB in mahomes then adams and darnold. i get you laid out the whole "weapons" thing but mahomes was doing it with an RB by committee last year for a good stretch as well as hill being down for a while as well.  the jets probably would have drafted differently if they had mahomes.

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Comparing himself to Aaron Donald and likely looking to make $17M+ per season doesn't help his chances  of avoiding heat, either.

Oh, and he texted Ryan Clark last year that he'd like to be a Cowboy.  He also tends to blame his teammates, publicly, for the team being bad ("I am not a loser!").  Somehow he still gets called a leader.  He's really not.

Meh. 

The hate began the moment the Jets drafted him by some and went into overdrive the moment Jets fans realized that Macc whiffed on an all-timer. 

Im a Jets fan, why is it that I dont care that he compared himself to Aaron Donald? Aaron is the best at his position, so is Adam. SO what he wants to make 17+...this is a business right? He texted Ryan Clark, Okay. Doesnt GM's field calls on players? 

This is social media stuff that doesnt matter to me. 

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Surprised by the love of Marcus Maye here, shocked rather.  He is nothing special at all and a disappointment when you consider a FS is supposed  to get turnovers.  Middle of the pack FS at best.  Worth keeping but easily replaced.

I don’t think Maye is anything great but when healthy (which is not frequent) he’s better in coverage than the greatest box safety ever

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, heymangold said:

i love that you're an adams fan because i am too and like your fire when defending him.  but this is where you lose me.  i'd rather have a MUCH better QB in mahomes then adams and darnold. i get you laid out the whole "weapons" thing but mahomes was doing it with an RB by committee last year for a good stretch as well as hill being down for a while as well.  the jets probably would have drafted differently if they had mahomes.

Nope. I'm not buying it. 

Lat year Darnold had the 32nd rated and dead last pass blocking o-lineman and the 2nd worst run game (with a lack of overall receiving options) but yet during the 2nd half of the season had a higher QB Rating than Brady and Rodgers. better TD/INT ratio than Watson and Mahomes and more total touchdowns than Wilson and Mahomes (while being pressured more than any other NFL QB within the entire league). 

Patrick Mahomes was drafted into a lucky situation and a situation with an absolutely loaded offense already in place and being ran (led) by a future HOF head coach in Andy Reid, two star receivers with Pro Bowls and All Pro's in Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins, another Pro Bowl and All-Pro beast TE in Travis Kelce and yet another two Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro offensive lineman in Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher but yet, still looked like complete crap vs. San Fran (a good defense) and was carried by KC's defense. 

(last 8 games):

Patrick Mahomes: 172/254, (67.1%), 1,927 passing yards, 12 TD's/4 INT's, 2 rushing TD's and a QB Rating of 99.3 (7-1 record). . 

Vs...

(last 8 games):

Sam Darnold: 163/267 (61%), 1,947 passing yards, 13 TD's/4 INT's, 2 rushing TD and a QB Rating of 93.5 (6-2 record). 

Can you please tell me what Patrick Mahomes numbers would've looked like if as a Jet without Pro Bowlers and All-Pros everywhere on offense and then please just imagine what types of numbers Sam Darnold would've been able to put up (skyrocket) under under Andy Reed (instead of Gase) and alongside of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins (instead of Robby Anderson and Jamison Crowder), Travis Kelce (instead of Ryan Griffin) and two awesome tackles Pro Bowl/All-Pro Offensive Lineman in Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher (instead of historically speaking horrific o-lineman)?

Anyone who feels and believes that Mahomes is a "better Quarterback" than Sam Darnold is nuts.

Put Darnold on KC and Mahomes on NYJ and then wake me up. 

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. I'm not buying it. 

• Patrick Mahomes was drafted into a lucky situation and a situation with an absolutely loaded offense already in place and being ran and led by a future HOF head coach in Andy Reid. 

• Two studs and Pro Bowl/All-Pro WR's in Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins.

• Another All-Pro/Pro Bowl TE in Travis Kelce.

And yet another two Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro Offensive Lineman @ both tackle spots in Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher. 

(and still looked like complete crap vs. San Fran (a good defense) and was carried by KC's defense. 

• Mahomes last 8 games (with offensive weapons and a great O-Line).

Patrick Mahomes: 172/254, (67.1%), 1,927 passing yards, 12 TD's/4 INT's, 2 rushing TD's and a QB Rating of 99.3. 

Vs...

Sam Darnold's last 8 games (behind absolutely nothingness)

Sam Darnold: 163/267 (61%), 1,947 passing yards, 13 TD's/4 INT's, 2 rushing TD and a QB Rating of 93.5 (6-2 record). 

Can you tell me what Patrick Mahomes numbers would've looked like as a Jet without Pro Bowlers and All-Pros everywhere on offense (nowhere other than Bell)? 

And then plz just (imagine) and tell me how Sam Darmold's numbers would've sky rocketed under Andy Reed and alongside of Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce and two awesome tackles Pro Bowl/All-Pro Offensive Lineman in Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher...?

Anyone who believes Mahomes is a better Quarterback than Sam Darnold is nuts. Put Darnold on KC and Mahomes on NYJ and then wake me up...

You are quite clearly insane.  And I say this as being the #1 Darnold to the Jets cheerleader for a year and half before he was drafted.  And a big doubter of Mahomees leading up to his draft year.

the KC offensive line was decent.  Fisher was rated one of the worst tackles for the majority of the season.  he only turned it around towards the end of the year with terrible teams.  Schwartz is good, i'll give you that.

hill missed basically the first 5 games of the season due to injury.  sammy watkins, if you remember, started off the year with a 9 catch, 198 yd, 3td game against jacksonville.  do you know what he finished the season with? 673 yds and 3 TDS. so almost a 1/3 of his yds and all his TDs came in 1 game. robby anderson almost had as many yds as hill.

their leading rusher had 498 yds.  Kelce is a true weapon.

if mahomes was picked at 6 you still could have maye in the 2nd and maybe not wasted picks in the later rounds and gotten eddie jackson.

On 4/10/2020 at 4:54 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

maye isn't asking for 15 million per year and potentially put the team into some sort of cap problems in the future.  i like both of these guys.  they are both major upgrades over the players they replaced.

5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

the KC offensive line was decent.  Fisher was rated one of the worst tackles for the majority of the season.  he only turned it around towards the end of the year with terrible teams.  Schwartz is good, i'll give you that.

hill missed basically the first 5 games of the season due to injury.  sammy watkins, if you remember, started off the year with a 9 catch, 198 yd, 3td game against jacksonville.  do you know what he finished the season with? 673 yds and 3 TDS. so almost a 1/3 of his yds and all his TDs came in 1 game. robby anderson almost had as many yds as hill.

their leading rusher had 498 yds.  Kelce is a true weapon.

if mahomes was picked at 6 you still could have maye in the 2nd and maybe not wasted picks in the later rounds and gotten eddie jackson.

Lat year Darnold had the 32nd rated and dead last pass blocking O-Line.

The 2nd worst run game (with a lack of overall receiving options)

but yet during the 2nd half of the season had a higher QB Rating than Brady and Rodgers. better TD/INT ratio than Watson and Mahomes and more total touchdowns than Wilson and Mahomes

(while being pressured more than any other NFL QB within the entire league). 

lol. 

and they had the easiest schedule in the NFL, playing against the teams that own the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th pick in the draft this year!  darnold was playing against the worst teams in the NFL and still isn't the franchise.

they played the steelers with their 3rd string QB, and the bills who didn't play any starters!

On 4/10/2020 at 4:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Even Marcus Maye is overrated here.  Eddie Jackson, Marcus Williams, Budda Baker (240 solo tackles, 18 TFLs + All-Pro for Special Teams)  and Desmond King are all Safeties from that 2017 draft class that have had better careers thus far, and all but Baker were available to us at 2.39.  

It's just that he was a 2nd round pick and isn't demanding an $18-20M per year extension.  So his version of being overrated is much more palatable.  

Had we taken Deshaun Watson in round 1 and Marcus Maye in round 2, we'd be more than happy with the results to date.  Then again, Macc would still be our GM, so.....

Guess who had a hard on for Budda Baker all that pre draft....cept he was taken right before their 2nd pick..

• Sympathy 1