Marcus Maye: Free Safety. 4 Career INTs: Where are all of his game changing plays as a Free Safety?!?

6 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well it’s even worse when you consider it was Mahomes and 3 2nd rounders vs Darnold and Adams. 

C'mon, what GM wouldn't trade Mahomes, Quinton Nelson, Braden Smith, Dallas Goedart and Rock-Ya Sin for Darnold and Adams.  Considering what these dudes have been writing, maybe they meant "Aaron Darnold?" 

• Haha 1

The difference between clueless Jet fans and intelligent Dallas fans?

This is what a professional sports writer and die hard Cowboys fan (dating back to the 1980's) just wrote up about our 1st-team All-Pro Janal Adams... 

usatsi_13614671.jpg.4cee8f6298308b64e89b27e1d55ef6a4.jpg

Cowboys 7-Round Mock Draft: Trading for Jamal Adams is worth it

How Adams would change everything

Here’s what Jamal Adams would bring to the table. Adams is an incredibly intelligent alpha dog who helped the Jets to a Top-10 defensive DVOA ranking in 2019.

He’s a chess piece all on his own, with the diagnosing skills to read offensive personnel and alignments the way Tony Romo does from the broadcast booth, but with the ability to do something about it; with plus athleticism and moxie.

Loading video

Adams was Pro Football Focus’ second-ranked safety in 2018 and fourth-ranked safety in 2019.

Only Kevin Byard (4th, 8th) and Harris Smith (8th, 3rd) also made the Top 10 in both seasons.

Watch the below film study he commentates on and fans can start to get a glimpse of what this kind of alpha dog presence would mean for the Cowboys’ secondary.

This is the type of player that makes everyone around him better while also making impact plays on his own.

Game Pass Film Session: How Jamal Adams is able to predict plays

Dallas signed Ha Ha Clinton-Dix after losing strong safety Jeff Heath in free agency, but a one-year rental shouldn’t preclude the second move. In fact, having Clinton-Dix, two-year starter Xavier Woods and Adams turns the Cowboys’ safety unit into one of the league’s best.

Draft pick and financial cost of the trade

Adams wants a new deal, certainly, but the Cowboys would have two years of relatively cheap control of the star. His base for 2020 is just $825,000 after the Jets paid him a $2.7 million roster bonus in march. As a first-round pick, his team will have the fifth-year option, which for safeties will be around $12 million in 2021.

He will eventually become the highest-paid safety in the league, but Dallas could delay his sought-after extension the way they did Cooper and then reward him in 2021. The new CBA basically eliminates holdouts due to increased fines and banning the waving of penalties by teams. He’d play, and at a high level.

The option to keep Adams for two years means the Jets won’t give him away for cheap, though. 

In closing: For (you) absolutely clueless Jet fans who post with absolute cluelessness (while taking down upon #33 Jamal Adams) maybe you should begin to take down some notes (from both me and others such as quote above) while actually learning something about Football @ the same time... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, British Jet said:

Die-hard Cowboys fan hypes up potential trade target?

I'm stunned by this revelation.

First and foremost let me just stop you right there in your tracks (before you go and dig yourself your own grave). 

A Jets fan (message board poster) trying to mock a Cowboys fan (professional writer) over his eye for talent and writing expertise is comparable to a Mets fan (message board poster) attempting to mock the expertise and eye for talent of a Rutherford "Rud" Rennie (professional NYY legendary sports writer). 

You get the picture?

If not I'll paint one for you...

The same man who is sucking off Jamal Adams jockstrap (DWCs too) just so happens to also be a professional sports writer for the Dallas Cowboys (dating back to the 1980's) and who (yes) knows what winning football looks like (unlike yourself as an NYJ fan) and one who (oh yes) is and has been a professional Dallas Cowboys sports writer who's witnessed and written more stories about great Dallas Cowboy player(s) than you could ever dream about (as an NY Jets fan). 

Jimmy Johnson. Emmitt Smith. Larry Allen. Troy Aikman. Michael Irvin. Deion Sanders. Jason Witten. Darren Woodson. Bill Bates. Mark Tuinei. Charles Haley. Nate Newton. Jay Novacek. Eric Williams. Darryl moose Johnson. Jim Jeffcoat. Mark Stepnoski. Flozel Adams. Herschel Walker. Terrell Owens. La'Roi Glover. DeMarcus Ware. Dez Bryant. Tony Romo etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. 

33 Postseason Appearances.

23 Divisional Titles.

10 Conference Championships.

5 Super Bowl Trophy(s). ? ? ? ? ?

Now tell me...

Who in the flying pigs have YOU had a chance to write about?

Joe Namath and the 68 Jets, the sack exchange, Todd Bowles and Martin, Mangold, Ferguson and Revis and what did they ever win you as you posted about them? A whopping 0 Conference Championships, 1 SB ? and only 4 Divisional AFC East Titles? 

Because not only do their sports writers out in Texas know greatness when they see it with their own two eyes...

(and unlike NY - Football is a culture down here in the south for Florida, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama and the Carolinas)

But Jerry Jones himself has a legendary eye for talent too...

(you know, the same owner who actually wanted to give up HIS 1st round draft pick for the (same exact) player who I'm rightfully in support of as a fan of (not you, but ME). 

Do you people (not just you) not know just how great Jamal Adams truly is?

Jerry Jones has only had 8 years without a 1st round pick.

And he knows what to do with first round picks (too).  

Michael Irvin. Troy Aikman. Emmitt Smith. Russell Maryland. DeMarcus Ware. Dez Bryant. Tyron Smith. Travis Frederick.  Zack Martin. Ezekiel Elliot (etc)

But yet he's willing to give up ONE OF HIS 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICKS FOR JAMAL ADAMS.

HELLO. WAKE UP. SMELL THE COFFEE. YOU GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS. 

Don't quote me unless you're willing to get smoked (like a Newport) and don't you guys love European Soccer and Cricket out there in Britain? And I can tell...

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

First and foremost let me just stop you right there in your tracks (before you go and dig yourself your own grave). 

A Jets fan (message board poster) trying to mock a Cowboys fan (professional writer) over his eye for talent and writing expertise is comparable to a Mets fan (message board poster) attempting to mock the expertise and eye for talent of a Rutherford "Rud" Rennie (professional NYY legendary sports writer). 

You get the picture?

If not I'll paint one for you...

Let me stop you right there in your tracks (before you go and dig yourself your own grave).

Let me paint a picture.

I was mocking you, not the Cowboys fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Let me stop you right there in your tracks (before you go and dig yourself your own grave).

Let me paint a picture.

I was mocking you, not the Cowboys fan.

You can't mock me dude (no matter how hard you try).

Because I'm an American man (both born and raised) and raised off of NBA basketball, MLB baseball and NFL Football; you're British raised off of European soccer, rugby and cricket lol. 

Stick to your sport and don't never question mine. Mock that.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cbudiarjo said:

Please expand on what you actually do for a living.

Ha! I only came back to JN after the Coronavirus outbreak and after being made to work from home (so now I have more time to work from home, added time to post about my Jets on JN & get paid $$$ @ the same time while living the good life out here in our Florida home). 

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Even Marcus Maye is overrated here.  Eddie Jackson, Marcus Williams, Budda Baker (240 solo tackles, 18 TFLs + All-Pro for Special Teams)  and Desmond King are all Safeties from that 2017 draft class that have had better careers thus far, and all but Baker were available to us at 2.39.  

It's just that he was a 2nd round pick and isn't demanding an $18-20M per year extension.  So his version of being overrated is much more palatable.  

Had we taken Deshaun Watson in round 1 and Marcus Maye in round 2, we'd be more than happy with the results to date.  Then again, Macc would still be our GM, so.....

This is one hundred percent true. While Adams was the best player he drafted the decision to pass on Watson/Mahomes ultimately cost him his job and set this organization back years. What made it worse was his unwillingness to admit mistake on Hackenberg. 

Think about it-The Jets did get Darnold who was the guy they wanted, but had to invest a first and three 2nds to do so. Keep in mind this was a roster where the cupboard is already bare.  

Had they drafted Watson they could have used those picks to build around him. Instead they bring Darnold into this terrible situation with no talent around him. Now in year 3 Darnold enters a critical “prove it” season on a still terrible roster coached by Adam Gase. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You can't mock me dude (no matter how hard you try).

Because I'm an American man (both born and raised) and raised off of NBA basketball, MLB baseball and NFL Football; you're British raised off of European soccer, rugby and cricket lol. 

Stick to your sport and don't never question mine. Mock that.

ricky gervais laughing GIF

Don't never is a double negative. So thanks for that instruction to keep going.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

This is one hundred percent true. While Adams was the best player he drafted the decision to pass on Watson/Mahomes ultimately cost him his job and set this organization back years.

Oh just stop it already with your whole little Patrick Mahomes hot takes.

Because Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have been able to do jack squat in NY if drafted behind atrocious offensive lineman creating for a historically horrendous O-Line and no WR's (outside of a #2 in Robby Anderson)

when in comparison to being blessed/lucky with a future HOF head coach in Andy Reid, offensive weapons everywhere with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an awesome run game and two Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro offensive lineman (LT/RT Tackles) in Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz. 

Jamal Adams would still be an All-Pro if drafted by Kansas City while Patrick Mahomes would've looked like a BUST in NY (without Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an awesome run game and two Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro offensive lineman @ LT/RT as his Tackles Tackles in Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz if ever drafted by the JETS). 

Hot takes are garbage. 

Sam Darnold put up better 2nd half numbers than Mahomes did despite Mahomes having a Porch and Darnold having a punch buggies green no Punch back. 

Jamal Adams + Sam Darnold did not "set this franchise back for years" as they're on the verge of brining it to life. 

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Oh just stop it already with your whole little Patrick Mahomes hot takes.

Because Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have been able to do jack squat in NY if drafted behind atrocious offensive lineman creating for a historically horrendous O-Line and no WR's (outside of a #2 in Robby Anderson)

when in comparison to being blessed/lucky with a future HOF head coach in Andy Reid, offensive weapons everywhere with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an awesome run game and two Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro offensive lineman (LT/RT Tackles) in Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz. 

Jamal Adams would still be an All-Pro if drafted by Kansas City while Patrick Mahomes would've looked like a BUST in NY (without Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an awesome run game and two Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro offensive lineman @ LT/RT as his Tackles Tackles in Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz if ever drafted by the JETS). 

Hot takes are garbage. 

Sam Darnold put up better 2nd half numbers than Mahomes did despite Mahomes having a Porch and Darnold having a punch buggies green no Punch back. 

Jamal Adams + Sam Darnold did not "set this franchise back for years" as they're on the verge of brining it to life. 

Not to make light of this pandemic, but one awful side effect is you having enough time during to spew this garbage all over the forum. You are easily one of the worst posters here, and your constant  praising of Adams is not only tiresome but inaccurate. He's a good football player, you act like he's Ronnie Lott. Which highlights how little you know about football.

Give me a break about Mahomes, a team wouldn't trade 1 Mahomes for the equivalent of 5 Adams, and that's a fact. Disagreeing with that only shows me more of how little you know of positional value. I'm sure you'll respond with a short essay, so i'll save you some time. I don't give a f*ck.

Funny how you know Mahomes would suck here, and also know that Jamal would have success in KC. I'm sure that's not bias speaking at all. You're basically Jamal's mother, at this point. Give a rest, you're hot takes are awful.....just like Jamal playing deep middle.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This isn't 1990 anymore, dude.

The cap is @ 200M, not $40M. 

So let me get this right...

Jamal Adams is only worth $15M to you...

but Carolina just gave a #2 WR with 0 All-Rookie, 0 Pro Bowls, 0 All-Pros but yet a lot $0's in $12M guaranteed 1st year in Robby Anderson? 

Jamal is only worth $3M more than a #2 WR?!?  Ha

So this I actually agree with this. If we can get Jamal at $14-17 mil per,  3years Guaranteed followed by a couple years of team option after that, I see it as a win for the Jets.

I think Robby was overpaid in year one of his new deal. The $8 mil he gets year two is more in line with his value in my opinion. $20 mil over 2 years is a slight overpay for his services, but whatever good for Robby.

Jamal is worth a lot. Nearly two Robbys at $15-16 mil per. I'm fine with that as I do think he is a top flight safety, I just don't like egotists. 

ricky gervais laughing GIF

Don't never is a double negative. So thanks for that instruction to keep going.

I've tried to assist him with his grammar and syntax for a couple weeks now. ?

I shudder to think he fancies himself a writer. Don't let him be your example of us Yanks. I hope all is well across the pond during this increasingly involuntary lockdown.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetFan20 said:

This is one hundred percent true. While Adams was the best player he drafted the decision to pass on Watson/Mahomes ultimately cost him his job and set this organization back years. What made it worse was his unwillingness to admit mistake on Hackenberg. 

Think about it-The Jets did get Darnold who was the guy they wanted, but had to invest a first and three 2nds to do so. Keep in mind this was a roster where the cupboard is already bare.  

Had they drafted Watson they could have used those picks to build around him. Instead they bring Darnold into this terrible situation with no talent around him. Now in year 3 Darnold enters a critical “prove it” season on a still terrible roster coached by Adam Gase. 

The only good draft pick Macc ever made that was without fault was Jordan Jenkins in 2016.  That's it, end of list.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ha! I only came back to JN after the Coronavirus outbreak and after being made to work from home (so now I have more time to work from home, added time to post about my Jets on JN & get paid $$$ @ the same time while living the good life out here in our Florida home). 

This ******* pandemic keeps on giving and giving.  Why didn't you move to Latvia?

On the verge of 8-8!

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The only good draft pick Macc ever made that was without fault was Jordan Jenkins in 2016.  That's it, end of list.

Lies. He was smart enough to select Jamal Adams when a couple of teams who passed on him, now wish they would've pulled the trigger on Macc. 

And without trading multiple draft picks in order to move up we wouldn't have ever landed Darnold but instead Rosen or Allen lol. 

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

I've tried to assist him with his grammar and syntax for a couple weeks now. ?

I shudder to think he fancies himself a writer. Don't let him be your example of us Yanks. I hope all is well across the pond during this increasingly involuntary lockdown.

Appreciate the good vibes mate. Things are very odd here in England, but I have relatives living in Spain and they have it far worse. 

Also, don't worry about DWC being my example of Americans, we both have our morons, it's well documented lol. That being said, even I don't call it Major League Baseball baseball. What do I know? 

40 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Appreciate the good vibes mate. Things are very odd here in England, but I have relatives living in Spain and they have it far worse. 

Also, don't worry about DWC being my example of Americans, we both have our morons, it's well documented lol. That being said, even I don't call it Major League Baseball baseball. What do I know? 

Glad you're holding up well, my best to you and your family.

And without trading multiple draft picks in order to move up we wouldn't have ever landed Darnold but instead Rosen or Allen lol. 

I am very happy Gettleman took Barkley, If he had taken Darnold we would have been staring down the barrel of picking between the Josh's ? . We would have given up a lot of capital for a very unfortunate choice.  Luckily it played out the way it did. We were fortunate in having the opportunity to take Darnold, in whom I still have faith. 

I've been thinking of 1st Baron Richard Rich lately.  (No contemporary comparison.  I promise. Hint. Hint. Totally historical value only!)

20 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I am very happy Gettleman took Barkley, If he had taken Darnold we would have been staring down the barrel of picking between the Josh's ? . We would have given up a lot of capital for a very unfortunate choice.  Luckily it played out the way it did. We were fortunate in having the opportunity to take Darnold, in whom I still have faith. 

What's even better for us than Giants taking Barkley was Cleveland taking Mayfield! I knew Sam was about to become a Jet right after than blunder by Cleveland. I won't lie if not Darnold I wanted Josh Rosen (anyone but Josh Allen) and so thankful we did not draft that bust Rosen. 

Baker Mayfield goes #1 to Cleveland.

lol. CLE Browns for ya!

Undersized and played in a conference with cupcake defenses.

Quote me on this. Mayfield will become an NFL bust.

Darnold to our Jets and i LOVE it!!

And after last year struggling with two great WR's I am so clad Cleveland took him and not us. If they wanted athletic QB who could run; Lamar Jackson was their guy...

What's even better for us than Giants taking Barkley was Cleveland taking Mayfield! I knew Sam was about to become a Jet right after than blunder by Cleveland. I won't lie if not Darnold I wanted Josh Rosen (anyone but Josh Allen) and so thankful we did not draft that bust Rosen. 

I'm with you on that, I had spent that off-season trying to convince myself I wouldn't hate it if we took Baker. I thought it was inevitable, so I really tried to sell the idea to myself. I kept telling myself that even though I thought he had s**t attitude he was skilled and we could make it work. I thought Sam was the best of the bunch but I did not think he would be there for our pick.

At the time I told myself if we had to pick between the Josh's I would settle for Rosen as well, he seemed liked the more polished pocket passer. However, I didn't want him as I really disliked him, then and now. He had the worst personality of all of them and came off like an entitled ****.

I would have become despondent if we had taken either Josh as that was a future I wanted no part of. It looks like we got the best guy and the best QB of the bunch. He was the only one I really liked but I would have settled for a good QB I thought was an A-hole. Luckily I didn't have to.

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm with you on that, I had spent that off-season trying to convince myself I wouldn't hate it if we took Baker. I thought it was inevitable, so I really tried to sell the idea to myself. I kept telling myself that even though I thought he had s**t attitude he was skilled and we could make it work. I thought Sam was the best of the bunch but I did not think he would be there for our pick.

At the time I told myself if we had to pick between the Josh's I would settle for Rosen as well, he seemed liked the more polished pocket passer. However, I didn't want him as I really disliked him, then and now. He had the worst personality of all of them and came off like an entitled ****.

I would have become despondent if we had taken either Josh as that was a future I wanted no part of. It looks like we got the best guy and the best QB of the bunch. He was the only one I really liked but would have settled for a good QB I thought was an A-hole. Luckily I didn't have to.

Same I was trying to convince myself for Rosen and even told as many people I could how great Lamar Jackson was i watched a lot of his games and knew he was Vick 2.0 as youngest Heisman ? winner ever but knew he wasn't mocked top 10 etc and like you I was convinced Sam was #1 pick. The pre-draft rumors of him coming from a wealthy family and self entitle were 100% accurate he has no work ethic and backs down from competition. Silver spoon brat. 

If not Datnold I wanted Saquan Barkley although knew we wouldn't go RB.

6 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Not to make light of this pandemic, but one awful side effect is you having enough time during to spew this garbage all over the forum. You are easily one of the worst posters here, and your constant  praising of Adams is not only tiresome but inaccurate. He's a good football player, you act like he's Ronnie Lott. Which highlights how little you know about football.

Give me a break about Mahomes, a team wouldn't trade 1 Mahomes for the equivalent of 5 Adams, and that's a fact. Disagreeing with that only shows me more of how little you know of positional value. I'm sure you'll respond with a short essay, so i'll save you some time. I don't give a f*ck.

Funny how you know Mahomes would suck here, and also know that Jamal would have success in KC. I'm sure that's not bias speaking at all. You're basically Jamal's mother, at this point. Give a rest, you're hot takes are awful.....just like Jamal playing deep middle.

Since you know so much about Football.

Tell me this. And predict his stats too (ha!).

Take away... 

A.) Andy Reid. Future HOF coach. 

B.) Tyreek Hill (Pro Bowl/All-Pro before Mahomes). 

C.) Sammy Watkins (awesome before Mahomes, Clemson stud).  . 

D.) Travis Kelce (Pro Bowl/All Pro before Mahomes). 

E ) Monster run game (top 5 offense and top 10 run game 2017, without Mahomes as sat on bench 2017 lol). 

F.) Monster O-Line led by two Tackled @ LT & RT in Eric Fisher (pro bowl) and Schwartz (All-Pro before Mahomes!)

And replace with...

A.) Bowled/Gase. 

B.) Robby Anderson as a #1. 

C.) Quincy Enunwa (injured all the time) so #2 Jermaine Kearse). 

D.) Chris Herndon (injured or suspended so #1 TE = Eric Tomlinson for Sam's rookie year). 

E.) 26th & 31st run game (2018/2019). 

F.) The worst offensive line 2018/2019 combined no pro bowls no all pros lol (guys like Kalil, Harrison, Shell, Winters, Spencer LONG etc and a bunch of other scrubs). 

How good would "Mahones" looked under those CRAP CIRCUMSTANCES compared to a QB's best friend in K.C?!? 

Lol he would look like complete crap!

AND STOP PRETENDING THAT "MAHOMES TURNED K.C INTO A WINNER" when they were already winning WITHOUT HIM...

KC Chiefs: Before Mahomes was lucky enough to get drafted by then (instead of CRAP NYJ). 

2013: 11-5. Playoffs. 

2014: 9-7. 

2015: 11-5. Playoffs. 

2016: 12-4. Playoffs. 

2017: 10-6 (as he sat on bench). Playoffs. 

5 years prior to Mahomes playing in 2018...

K.C had a winning record of 53-27 (.662%), 5 Winning Seasons/0 losing seasons and 4 playoff births. 

5 years prior to Jamal Adams arriving a Jet (2012-2016)

Jets had a losing record of 33-47 (.412%), 1 winning season/4 losing seasons and 0 playoff births. 

JAMAL ADAMS WAS DRAFTED INTO HELL WHILE PATRICK MAHOMES WAS DRAFTED INTO HEAVEN...

Jamal Adams would be awesome in KC (as is Mathieu and as is with CRAP JETS)

Mahomes would've looked like complete dog crap under...

A.) Bowled/Gase. 

D.) Chris Herndon (injured or suspended so #1 TE = Eric Tomlinson for Sam's rookie year). 

F.) The worst offensive line 2018/2019 combined no pro bowls no all pros lol (guys like Kalil, Harrison, Shell, Winters, Spencer LONG etc and a bunch of other scrubs). 

While being stripped of KCs winning team (winners before him, playoffs before him) along with stripping him of all KCs offensive weapons and O-Line @ the SAME TIME. 

I honestly don't know how Darnold has done it!

Nobody would want to trade Jamal for Mahomes if Mahomes were drafted to the crap Jets (would've been exposed, easily). 

If you try to lie and tell me Adams wasn't drafted into Football hell while Mahomes (silver spoon QB) wasn't drafted into the football gates of heaven I will call you a liar and laugh @ you 

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Well, Adams sucks less than Maye..at least there's that

..and Adams got us this thread which is a POTY candidate where a living, breathing Jets fan(troll account from someone?) says Safety is more important than QB

Not saying Safety is more important but Darnold was a much better prospect than Mahomes coming out and Adams was drafted into hell and mahomes into heaven. 

Darnold even out played Mahomes final 8 games with absolute TRASH on offense and O-Line lol @ that!

Sam Darnold + Jamal Adams OVER Patrick Mahones (as JETS) and it's not even a question. 

Not a troll either been around since 2005-2006 just a passionate writer. 

Same I was trying to convince myself for Rosen and even told as many people I could how great Lamar Jackson was i watched a lot of his games and knew he was Vick 2.0 as youngest Heisman ? winner ever but knew he wasn't mocked top 10 etc and like you I was convinced Sam was #1 pick. The pre-draft rumors of him coming from a wealthy family and self entitle were 100% accurate he has no work ethic and backs down from competition. Silver spoon brat. 

If not Datnold I wanted Saquan Barkley although knew we wouldn't go RB.

Look at you and I having a somewhat nice exchange after trading barbs for a couple weeks.

Looks like we found some common ground on the fact that Josh Rosen is a horrible A-hole.

We've gone back and forth on Jamal, I've harshly made fun of the fact that you love him so much but it's all in good fun. Sure I may not like his personality at times or things he has done publicly at times, but I can recognize he is a very good football player and asset to the team. Some people take these so called "debates" way too seriously. 

I disagree with you on a lot but everybody has some common ground. I'd suggest you don't debate every single poster that doesn't like Jamal or thinks trading him could be in the best interest of the team. If you do it will be endless, but you do you. I don't mind it's all good fun in my book.

The people who blow their issue with DWC out of proportion should realize they don't have to engage and they can just use the ignore function.  You see his post scroll by, you see a thread he starts you don't have to click on it. Calling to ban someone because their style of post annoys you and think their position is  inane makes you the A-hole.

• Post of the Week 1

Since you know so much about Football.

Tell me this. And predict his stats too (ha!).

Take away... 

E ) Monster run game (top 5 offense and top 10 run game 2017, without Mahomes as sat on bench 2017 lol). 

F.) Monster O-Line led by two Tackled @ LT & RT in Eric Fisher (pro bowl) and Schwartz (All-Pro before Mahomes!)

And replace with...

A.) Bowled/Gase. 

How good would "Mahones" looked under those CRAP CIRCUMSTANCES compared to a QB's best friend in K.C?!? 

Lol he would look like complete crap!

AND STOP PRETENDING THAT "MAHOMES TURNED K.C INTO A WINNER" when they were already winning WITHOUT HIM...

KC Chiefs: Before Mahomes was lucky enough to get drafted by then (instead of CRAP NYJ). 

2013: 11-5. Playoffs. 

2014: 9-7. 

2015: 11-5. Playoffs. 

2016: 12-4. Playoffs. 

2017: 10-6 (as he sat on bench). Playoffs. 

5 years prior to Mahomes playing in 2018...

K.C had a winning record of 53-27 (.662%), 5 Winning Seasons/0 losing seasons and 4 playoff births. 

5 years prior to Jamal Adams arriving a Jet (2012-2016)

Jets had a losing record of 33-47 (.412%), 1 winning season/4 losing seasons and 0 playoff births. 

JAMAL ADAMS WAS DRAFTED INTO HELL WHILE PATRICK MAHOMES WAS DRAFTED INTO HEAVEN...

Jamal Adams would be awesome in KC (as is Mathieu and as is with CRAP JETS)

Mahomes would've looked like complete dog crap under...

A.) Bowled/Gase. 

While being stripped of KCs winning team (winners before him, playoffs before him) along with stripping him of all KCs offensive weapons and O-Line @ the SAME TIME. 

I honestly don't know how Darnold has done it!

Nobody would want to trade Jamal for Mahomes if Mahomes were drafted to the crap Jets (would've been exposed, easily). 

If you try to lie and tell me Adams wasn't drafted into Football hell while Mahomes (silver spoon QB) wasn't drafted into the football gates of heaven I will call you a liar and laugh @ you 

Jamal Adams was drafted by a team that constantly employed Defensive minded HC's and constantly picks defenders in Round 1 of the draft. Bowles is a good DC, and specializes in the secondary....seems like a good spot for Adams to be in. If KC was so close to winnning a SB according to you, why didn't they trade up for Adams and instead took Mahomes? Isn't Jamal an elite defender that would have made an impact?

Bowles is fired, in comes G.Williams to run the defense. Gregg loves to run an aggressive D, one that thrives on chaos around the LoS....another good spot for Jamal to be in. Gregg even allowed Adams to blitz far more than most safeties in the NFL, yes Jamal is good at blitzing but when he doesn't get there he puts stress on the whole secondary. Another unique situation that benefits Adams, and allows him to rack up free sacks vs rookie qb's.

If Jamal needs CB's and good Edge Rushers to really shine, than here's a thought, maybe those position's are more valuable than SS.

Now about Mahomes....Darnold put up more TD's than Mahomes the last 7 games (like you keep mentioning), and they both threw 4 picks. Those 7 weeks were the easy part of the Jets schedule, i would hope Darnold looked good vs the Fins, Raiders, Bengals, and Redskins. Mahomes was coming off an injury and was finding his groove, while Darnold was healthy at that point in the season more or less. I love Darnold as a player but I doubt KC win's a SB any of these past 2 years with a 22 year old Darnold. You mention KC was a good team before Mahomes, which is true, but they could never get over the hump and win a SB. In Mahomes' 2nd year starting they win the big game, and last year they were 1 penalty away from playing in another. The 49ers had the best D in the league and the Chiefs won, arguably with the most important play being the 40 yard pass by Mahomes to Hill. Chiefs D stepped up too, but the MVP was Mahomes.

• Upvote 1

Not saying Safety is more important but Darnold was a much better prospect than Mahomes coming out and Adams was drafted into hell and mahomes into heaven. 

Darnold even out played Mahomes final 8 games with absolute TRASH on offense and O-Line lol @ that!

Sam Darnold + Jamal Adams OVER Patrick Mahones (as JETS) and it's not even a question. 

Not a troll either been around since 2005-2006 just a passionate writer. 

Well, when you propose the question accurately it really isn't close, you're right there. 

It's Mahomes + 3 2nd Round Picks vs Adams and Darnold.

You take Mahomes and build an offense and win alot of games. Jets have been drafting defense for far too long and haven't won sh*t.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Jamal Adams was drafted by a team that constantly employed Defensive minded HC's and constantly picks defenders in Round 1 of the draft. Bowles is a good DC, and specializes in the secondary....seems like a good spot for Adams to be in. If KC was so close to winnning a SB according to you, why didn't they trade up for Adams and instead took Mahomes? Isn't Jamal an elite defender that would have made an impact?

Bowles is fired, in comes G.Williams to run the defense. Gregg loves to run an aggressive D, one that thrives on chaos around the LoS....another good spot for Jamal to be in. Gregg even allowed Adams to blitz far more than most safeties in the NFL, yes Jamal is good at blitzing but when he doesn't get there he puts stress on the whole secondary. Another unique situation that benefits Adams, and allows him to rack up free sacks vs rookie qb's.

If Jamal needs CB's and good Edge Rushers to really shine, than here's a thought, maybe those position's are more valuable than SS.

Now about Mahomes....Darnold put up more TD's than Mahomes the last 7 games (like you keep mentioning), and they both threw 4 picks. Those 7 weeks were the easy part of the Jets schedule, i would hope Darnold looked good vs the Fins, Raiders, Bengals, and Redskins. Mahomes was coming off an injury and was finding his groove, while Darnold was healthy at that point in the season more or less. I love Darnold as a player but I doubt KC win's a SB any of these past 2 years with a 22 year old Darnold. You mention KC was a good team before Mahomes, which is true, but they could never get over the hump and win a SB. In Mahomes' 2nd year starting they win the big game, and last year they were 1 penalty away from playing in another. The 49ers had the best D in the league and the Chiefs won, arguably with the most important play being the 40 yard pass by Mahomes to Hill. Chiefs D stepped up too, but the MVP was Mahomes.

I do not agree with the bold. 

Jamal Adams made the Pro Bowl and Second-team All-Pro without Gregg Williams; the kid is truly self made. Watch this...

2017: 83 tackles, 6 passes defended, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 fumble recoveries, 2.0 sacks, 9 tackles for loss, 2 QB hits.

2018: 115 tackles, 12 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 3.5 sacks, 9 tackles for loss, 8 QB hits

2019: 75 tackles, 7 passes defended, 2 fumbles forced, 1 fumble recovery, 6.5 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, 13 QB hits. 

Jamal was an All-Pro and Pro Bowler with or without Gregg WIlliams and with or without Gregg Williams he's going to rush the QB and tackle for loss (los) and put hits on opposing quarterbacks (18 tackles for loss @ LSU it's just how he plays this game). I will say this, Gregg Williams makes him a better player because he knows how to utilize Jamal Adams to a "T" so in that regard I'm thankful Jamal has an awesome X's and O's coach in Gregg Williams who yes, does make him better but no; did not make him into what he is today.

We've never seen a Safety/DB attack QB's like Adams has... Ever. And they've never played behind the LOS as he does; ever. 

With that said. I couldn't care less what Mahomes has done or how many SB's in K.C. 

My question is THIS. Since we passed on him for Adams...

How good would Mahomes have been as a Jet without Reid, a playoff ready team and a fully loaded offense in K.C?

What would his stats have looked like as a Jets QB dating back to 2017 without a year to develop and thrown into the fire like Sam?

Come on man and be honest when answering this question please (review for yourself before giving me an accurate assessment)

I can almost guarantee you that he wouldn't have made an All-Pro, two Pro Bowls and/or a SUPER BOWL with the Jets (under these crappy QB situations)...

Because I've never seen it. I can not think of one NFL QB to ever win a SB with the offenses Darnold has been surrounded by and if so, who?

E ) Monster run game (top 5 offense and top 10 run game 2017, without Mahomes as sat on bench 2017). 

F.) Monster O-Line led by two Tackles @ LT & RT in Eric Fisher (pro bowl) and Schwartz (All-Pro before Mahomes!)

And replace with...

A.) Bowled/Gase (no more Andy Reid).

B.) Robby Anderson as a #1 (no more Tyreek Hill).

C.) Quincy Enunwa (injured all the time) so #2 Jermaine Kearse).  No more electric Sammy Watkins. 

D.) Chris Herndon (injured or suspended so #1 TE = Eric Tomlinson for Sam's rookie year).  No more Travis Kelce #1 TE.

E.) 26th & 31st run game (2018/2019). No more run game to depend on, no more play action. 

F.) The worst offensive line 2018/2019 combined no pro bowls no all pros lol (guys like Kalil, Harrison, Shell, Winters, Spencer LONG etc and a bunch of other scrubs). No more pro bowl and all pro O-Lineman @ both LT and RT...

And before you (or anyone else answers) please understand I am not singling Mahomes out. I love him. I want him and Jamal to play in the playoffs against one another for many of years to come.

I am not picking on Mahomes.

I am not singling him out.

It's not just HIM.

I don;t think Brady, Manning, Marino, Elway, Namath, Montana, Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers etc I don't think any QB could have ever put up awesome numbers considering A-F; I just don't see it humanly possible to win under those less than ideal (crap) situations... 

38 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Well, when you propose the question accurately it really isn't close, you're right there. 

It's Mahomes + 3 2nd Round Picks vs Adams and Darnold.

You take Mahomes and build an offense and win alot of games. Jets have been drafting defense for far too long and haven't won sh*t.

Not really.  It is Mahomes #6 overall in 2017 + 3 2nd round picks vs. Adams and Darnold.