Super Bored No Sports - NFL All Time Team (One Player Per Team)

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

32 teams - 32 player/coaches. You can only use one person per team.

HC - Lombardi, Packers

OC - Walsh, Cardinals

DC - Belichick, Patriots

QB - Montana, 49ers

RB - Sanders, Lions

FB - Brown, Browns

WR - Moss, Vikings

WR - Johnson, Texans

Slot - Harrison, Colts

TE - Gonzalez, Chiefs 

TE - Winslow, Chargers

LT - Pace, Rams

RT - Jones, Seahawks 

LG - Allen, Cowboys

RG - Upshaw, Raiders

C - Matthews, Oilers/Titans

3 4 D

NT - Jenkins, Panthers 

DE - White, Eagles

DE - Smith, Bills

OLB - Taylor, Giants

OLB - Brooks, Buccaneers

ILB - Butkus, Bears

ILB - Lewis, Ravens

CB - Sanders, Falcons

CB - Revis, Jets

FS - Wilson, Cardinals

SS - Polamalu, Steelers 

K - Anderson, Saints

P - Baker, Jaguars 

PR - Upchurch, Broncos

KR - Mitchell, Redskins

ST - Izzo, Dolphins 

That was a lot harder then I expected but it was fun to do and killed a few hours and pints. 

I honestly don't think people would score on your defense. Although, I might find a way to get Mean Joe on the field.?

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

I honestly don't think people would score on your defense. Although, I might find a way to get Mean Joe on the field.?

I changed it a bunch of time by doing that. Who do you replace to get Green on the field? Smith or White, then who do you put as the SS from that team?

• Upvote 1

Well done!  I'll take a crack at it:

NOTE:  I went with a 4-3 defensive look to change it up a bit.  I also cut out the ST spot and replaced it with another CB spot.  After all, you had 13 offensive slots, so I didn't think there was a need to restrict defense to just 11 guys.

HC - Bill Parcells, Giants

OC - Bill Walsh, 49ers

DC - Dick LeBeau, Steelers

QB - Drew Brees, Saints

RB - Barry Sanders, Lions

FB - Jim Brown, Browns

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Texans

WR - Andre Reed, Bills

Slot - Paul Warfield, Dolphins

TE - Shannon Sharpe, Broncos

TE - Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

T - Anthony Munoz, Bengals

T - Tony Boselli, Jaguars

G - Larry Allen, Cowboys

G - Bruce Matthews, Titans/Oilers

C - Kevin Mawae, Jets

4-3 D

DT - Alan Page, Vikings

DT - Warren Sapp, Buccaneers

DE -  Reggie White, Eagles

DE - Deacon Jones, Rams

OLB - Junior Seau, Chargers

MLB - Willie Lanier, Chiefs

OLB - Thomas Davis, Panthers

CB - Darrell Green, Redskins

CB - Charles Woodson, Packers

CB - Richard Sherman, Seahawks

S - Larry Wilson, Cardinals

S - Ed Reed, Ravens

K - Adam Vinatieri, Colts

P - Shane Lechler, Raiders

PR - Deion Sanders, Falcons

KR - Gale Sayers, Bears

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well done!  I'll take a crack at it:

NOTE:  I went with a 4-3 defensive look to change it up a bit.  I also cut out the ST spot and replaced it with another CB spot.  After all, you had 13 offensive slots, so I didn't think there was a need to restrict defense to just 11 guys.

HC - Bill Parcells, Giants

OC - Bill Walsh, 49ers

DC - Dick LeBeau, Steelers

QB - Drew Brees, Saints

RB - Barry Sanders, Lions

FB - Jim Brown, Browns

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Texans

WR - Andre Reed, Bills

Slot - Paul Warfield, Dolphins

TE - Shannon Sharpe, Broncos

TE - Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

T - Anthony Munoz, Bengals

T - Tony Boselli, Jaguars

G - Larry Allen, Cowboys

G - Bruce Matthews, Titans/Oilers

C - Kevin Mawae, Jets

4-3 D

DT - Alan Page, Vikings

DT - Warren Sapp, Buccaneers

DE -  Reggie White, Eagles

DE - Deacon Jones, Rams

OLB - Junior Seau, Chargers

MLB - Willie Lanier, Chiefs

OLB - Thomas Davis, Panthers

CB - Darrell Green, Redskins

CB - Charles Woodson, Packers

CB - Richard Sherman, Seahawks

S - Larry Wilson, Cardinals

S - Ed Reed, Ravens

K - Adam Vinatieri, Colts

P - Shane Lechler, Raiders

PR - Deion Sanders, Falcons

KR - Gale Sayers, Bears

I was gonna go with 3 CBs especially since I went with 3 WRs but I didn’t want to give the Dolphins anyone good lol. 
It looks good. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yea, the best Super Bowl QB ever by a mile and top 3 QB ever would have a hard time with that team lol. 

Same QB that got benched with years left for Steve Young. Against that defense you need a playmaker at QB not chad 1.0

14 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Same QB that got benched with years left for Steve Young. Against that defense you need a playmaker at QB not chad 1.0

You obviously didn’t watch him play. Montana was injured and missed almost two full seasons and was traded to KC by request and won the division title with them for the first time in over 20 years. He was also 36 years old then and players actually hit the QB then. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think I'd put Jerry Rice on there for the 49ers and pick a different QB.

There’s a bunch of different set ups you could do. You replace a WR then you need to replace a QB from the team you replaced the WR from. I’m guessing you’d go with Peyton at QB then?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s a bunch of different set ups you could do. You replace a WR then you need to replace a QB from the team you replaced the WR from. I’m guessing you’d go with Peyton at QB then?

That's probably where I would go.  At the absolute top of their games guys like Manning, Unitas and Elway come to mind.

This was tough once you get to the end of teams. Ed Reed was stretch on the Jets but it works. Trai Turner is a little suspect but I didnt want to take out any of my DE for Julius Peppers

HC- Vince Lombardi, Packers

OC- Sean Payton, Saints

DC- Tom Landry, Cowboys

QB- John Elway, Broncos

RB- Barry Sanders, Lions

FB- Larry Csonka, Dolphins

WR- Randy Moss, Vikings

WR- Jerry Rice, 49ers

Slot- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals

TE- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

TE- Antonio Gates, Chargers

LT- Anthony Munoz- Bengals

RT- Tony Boseli, Jaguars

LG- Bruce Matthews, Titans/Oilers

RG- Trai Turner, Panthers

C- Jim Otto, Raiders

4-3 Deffense

DT- Cortez Kennedy, Seahawks

DT- Warren Sapp, Bucs

DE- Reggie White, Eagles

DE- Deacon Jones, Rams

OLB- Lawrence Taylor, Giants

OLB- Derrick Thomas, Chiefs

ILB- Ray Lewis, Ravens

CB- Dion Sanders, Falcons

CB- Darrell Green, Redskins

FS- Ed Reed, Jets

SS- Troy Polamalu, Steelers

P- Shane Lechler, Texans

K- Adam Vinatieri, Colts

PR- Devin Hester, Bears

KR- Josh Cribbs, Browns

ST- Steve Tasker, Bills

• Upvote 2

When I think about 'super teams' I think about my favorite two sides of the ball I've ever seen: The 2002 Bucs defense and the early 2000's Chiefs offense

Priest Holems was a good runningback but goddam look at the o-line play here:

And now for the 2002 Bucs defense... 40 interceptions:

Maybe it's because I was a teenager during these times, but these two have always stuck with me. I desperately want an offense with that type of offensive line and a defense with that ability to force turnovers. 

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

HC - Lombardi, Packers

OC - Walsh, Cardinals

DC - Belichick, Patriots

QB - Montana, 49ers

RB - Sanders, Lions

FB - Brown, Browns

WR - Moss, Vikings

WR - Johnson, Texans

Slot - Harrison, Colts

TE - Gonzalez, Chiefs 

TE - Winslow, Chargers

LT - Pace, Rams

RT - Jones, Seahawks 

LG - Allen, Cowboys

RG - Upshaw, Raiders

3 4 D

NT - Jenkins, Panthers 

DE - White, Eagles

DE - Smith, Bills

OLB - Taylor, Giants

OLB - Brooks, Buccaneers

ILB - Butkus, Bears

ILB - Lewis, Ravens

CB - Sanders, Falcons

CB - Revis, Jets

FS - Wilson, Cardinals

SS - Polamalu, Steelers 

K - Anderson, Saints

P - Baker, Jaguars 

PR - Upchurch, Broncos

KR - Mitchell, Redskins

ST - Izzo, Dolphins 

That was a lot harder then I expected but it was fun to do and killed a few hours and pints. 

I do like your list.  I would switch a couple of players though.  Jerry Rice as wide receiver, and Tom Brady at quarterback.  Defensive coordinator is a person that can be filled with a few different people.  Rice was much, much better than Randy Moss IMO.

That defense I would leave alone.  They would terrorize any team.  With that linebacking group and D line, I think that would scare anyone, no matter who they were.  You can not remove Dick Butkus from this group.  He is as terrifying as Ray Lewis.  I remember OJ Simpson saying the only player he was afraid of was Dick Butkus; he was the real deal.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

HC - Lombardi, Packers

OC - Walsh, Cardinals

DC - Belichick, Patriots

QB - Montana, 49ers

RB - Sanders, Lions

FB - Brown, Browns

WR - Moss, Vikings

WR - Johnson, Texans

Slot - Harrison, Colts

TE - Gonzalez, Chiefs 

TE - Winslow, Chargers

LT - Pace, Rams

RT - Jones, Seahawks 

LG - Allen, Cowboys

RG - Upshaw, Raiders

3 4 D

NT - Jenkins, Panthers 

DE - White, Eagles

DE - Smith, Bills

OLB - Taylor, Giants

OLB - Brooks, Buccaneers

ILB - Butkus, Bears

ILB - Lewis, Ravens

CB - Sanders, Falcons

CB - Revis, Jets

FS - Wilson, Cardinals

SS - Polamalu, Steelers 

K - Anderson, Saints

P - Baker, Jaguars 

PR - Upchurch, Broncos

KR - Mitchell, Redskins

ST - Izzo, Dolphins 

I'd replace Montana with Manning and Harrison with Jerry Rice.

• Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

HC - Lombardi, Packers

OC - Walsh, Cardinals

DC - Belichick, Patriots

QB - Montana, 49ers

RB - Sanders, Lions

FB - Brown, Browns

WR - Moss, Vikings

WR - Johnson, Texans

Slot - Harrison, Colts

TE - Gonzalez, Chiefs 

TE - Winslow, Chargers

LT - Pace, Rams

RT - Jones, Seahawks 

LG - Allen, Cowboys

RG - Upshaw, Raiders

3 4 D

NT - Jenkins, Panthers 

DE - White, Eagles

DE - Smith, Bills

OLB - Taylor, Giants

OLB - Brooks, Buccaneers

ILB - Butkus, Bears

ILB - Lewis, Ravens

CB - Sanders, Falcons

CB - Revis, Jets

FS - Wilson, Cardinals

SS - Polamalu, Steelers 

K - Anderson, Saints

P - Baker, Jaguars 

PR - Upchurch, Broncos

KR - Mitchell, Redskins

ST - Izzo, Dolphins 

Fun concept.

35 minutes ago, adb280z said:

I'd replace Montana with Manning and Harrison with Jerry Rice.

Agreed, and I think in both cases it’s an upgrade. 

On defense, I think Lewis is better than Lambert, but together I’d take Lambert and Ed Reed over Lewis and Polamalu. 

This was tough once you get to the end of teams. Ed Reed was stretch on the Jets but it works. Trai Turner is a little suspect but I didnt want to take out any of my DE for Julius Peppers
HC- Vince Lombardi, Packers
OC- Sean Payton, Saints
DC- Tom Landry, Cowboys
QB- John Elway, Broncos
RB- Barry Sanders, Lions
FB- Larry Csonka, Dolphins
WR- Randy Moss, Vikings
WR- Jerry Rice, 49ers
Slot- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
TE- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots
TE- Antonio Gates, Chargers
LT- Anthony Munoz- Bengals
RT- Tony Boseli, Jaguars
LG- Bruce Matthews, Titans/Oilers
RG- Trai Turner, Panthers
C- Jim Otto, Raiders
4-3 Deffense
DT- Cortez Kennedy, Seahawks
DT- Warren Sapp, Bucs
DE- Reggie White, Eagles
DE- Deacon Jones, Rams
OLB- Lawrence Taylor, Giants
OLB- Derrick Thomas, Chiefs
ILB- Ray Lewis, Ravens
CB- Dion Sanders, Falcons
CB- Darrell Green, Redskins
FS- Ed Reed, Jets
SS- Troy Polamalu, Steelers
P- Shane Lechler, Texans
K- Adam Vinatieri, Colts
PR- Devin Hester, Bears
KR- Josh Cribbs, Browns
ST- Steve Tasker, Bills

Interesting that you, me and Mick all picked Barry Sanders, Bruce Matthews and Reggie White.

My only quibble with your choices is you chose two LBs best suited for a 3-4 and put them in a 4-3. They’d be great in any system but still.
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I went with Brees at QB, since there was no one else in that org’s history I felt good about. Other than maybe Sean Payton as the OC.

I was trying to pair the QB with the OC but wasn’t going to put Sean Payton over LT and I couldn’t put Brees and Payton both on New Orleans. I was also thinking Marino and Shula but they were only with Miami and Shula was never just a OC, Manning was another option because the OC wouldn’t matter then because he’d be the OC anyway. 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Yea, the best Super Bowl QB ever by a mile and top 3 QB ever would have a hard time with that team lol. 

Sorry if I rustled your panties. You can’t leave the GOAT off this team especially when it also means you could upgrade at QB with Manning. 

12 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Sorry if I rustled your panties. You can’t leave the GOAT off this team especially when it also means you could upgrade at QB with Manning. 

Who do you consider the GOAT? 
Manning was nothing compared to Joe in National Championships and Super Bowls. No QB was. I’m not rustled at all I just feel like I’m talking to a 14-year-old that’s never watch Montana play. 
Do your own team it was just a way for me to kill time and look at sports. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Who do you consider the GOAT? 
Manning was nothing compared to Joe in National Championships and Super Bowls. No QB was. I’m not rustled at all I just feel like I’m talking to a 14-year-old that’s never watch Montana play. 
Do your own team it was just a way for me to kill time and look at sports. 

Jerry ******* Rice dude

i wasn’t trashing the post, it’s a great idea. Just offering up some debate to keep the thread interesting. I think you can do better than Montana at QB... 

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Jerry ******* Rice dude

i wasn’t trashing the post, it’s a great idea. Just offering up some debate to keep the thread interesting. I think you can do better than Montana at QB... 

I thought you meant Tom Brady, I was about to ignore you lol. Fair enough, I just don’t see any other QB better then him in the Super Bowl and I think there’s a handful of receivers very close to Rice. As I  said in another post I wanted to match the quarterback with the offensive coordinators he was more successful with.

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, nico002 said:

Joe M had a year or 2 left in the tank and was rehabbing the back surgeries. Steve Y was just hitting his prime. It was a smart move by the 49ers. You are embarrassing yourself comparing one of the all time greats to Chad P.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

When I think about 'super teams' I think about my favorite two sides of the ball I've ever seen: The 2002 Bucs defense and the early 2000's Chiefs offense

Priest Holems was a good runningback but goddam look at the o-line play here:

And now for the 2002 Bucs defense... 40 interceptions:

Maybe it's because I was a teenager during these times, but these two have always stuck with me. I desperately want an offense with that type of offensive line and a defense with that ability to force turnovers. 

Bucs 02 get overlooked but they were just as good if not better than the 2000 Baltimore defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Bucs 02 get overlooked but they were just as good if not better than the 2000 Baltimore defense.

Yep. The 2000 Ravens were a tad overrated too. They played in a very weak division. Not to mention, the 2000 Titans D wasn’t all that far behind them statistically.

Still a great D, but far from being the ‘85 Bears.
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep. The 2000 Ravens were a tad overrated too. They played in a very weak division. Not to mention, the 2000 Titans D wasn’t all that far behind them statistically.

Still a great D, but far from being the ‘85 Bears.

Or the Jets Super Bowl defense.?

• Upvote 1

A lot depends on the type of offense you want to run.  Although Barry was amazing, and would be even more so behind this line, I'm not sure he's the guy I'd pick for this.  If I wanted Thunder and Lightning, I'd go with Jim Brown or Earl Campbell on the one hand, and someone like Marshall Faulk or even LDainian Tomlinson on the other because of what he opens up in the receiving game.  Not saying they were better than Sanders, but how many times can you really hand Barry the ball when you have Jim Brown in your backfield.  Faulk or Tomlinson you can run play-action with.  

On defense, if you are going 4-3 you really have to have Mean Joe on the field.  You can not put a guy like Sapp ahead of him in any scenario.  

My only other observation is that I would not have Deion and Darrell Green as my starting CBs.   Deion sure.  But you need a CB that can press and be physical.  Someone had Woodson, which is good.  You could argue for Mel Blount if you want to just murder the opposing WR.  But Darrell Green wouldn't be able to do anything to Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, or any of the other great 6'4"+ WRs I've seen listed.   

And honestly, if you didn't put Randy Moss in your list, you need to re-examine it.  He is far and away the most dominant player at that position we've ever seen.  I don't think it's even close.  And it's amazing that nobody listed Rice, but I do get it.  Just weird.

@Sarge4Tide w/ the monster poll for this in 3...2...1...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, nycdan said:

A lot depends on the type of offense you want to run.  Although Barry was amazing, and would be even more so behind this line, I'm not sure he's the guy I'd pick for this.  If I wanted Thunder and Lightning, I'd go with Jim Brown or Earl Campbell on the one hand, and someone like Marshall Faulk or even LDainian Tomlinson on the other because of what he opens up in the receiving game.  

I agree there are other RB's I'd have preferred.  The problem is which other Lion do you take?  He's far and away the best player OR coach in franchise history, at any position, unless you go WAY back in time to pick someone.  The only other Lion I considered was LB Joe Schmidt.

Not only do you have to try to maximize the talent at each position, you have to maximize the talent you're taking from each franchise.  It's a fun little puzzle to figure out.

I might try a redux later....

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

A lot depends on the type of offense you want to run.  Although Barry was amazing, and would be even more so behind this line, I'm not sure he's the guy I'd pick for this.  If I wanted Thunder and Lightning, I'd go with Jim Brown or Earl Campbell on the one hand, and someone like Marshall Faulk or even LDainian Tomlinson on the other because of what he opens up in the receiving game.  Not saying they were better than Sanders, but how many times can you really hand Barry the ball when you have Jim Brown in your backfield.  Faulk or Tomlinson you can run play-action with.  

On defense, if you are going 4-3 you really have to have Mean Joe on the field.  You can not put a guy like Sapp ahead of him in any scenario.  

My only other observation is that I would not have Deion and Darrell Green as my starting CBs.   Deion sure.  But you need a CB that can press and be physical.  Someone had Woodson, which is good.  You could argue for Mel Blount if you want to just murder the opposing WR.  But Darrell Green wouldn't be able to do anything to Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, or any of the other great 6'4"+ WRs I've seen listed.   

And honestly, if you didn't put Randy Moss in your list, you need to re-examine it.  He is far and away the most dominant player at that position we've ever seen.  I don't think it's even close.  And it's amazing that nobody listed Rice, but I do get it.  Just weird.

We just don't  have the technology in place at this time to make it happen

Not Happening Ufc 211 GIF by UFC

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree there are other RB's I'd have preferred.  The problem is which other Lion do you take?  He's far and away the best player OR coach in franchise history, at any position, unless you go WAY back in time to pick someone.  The only other Lion I considered was LB Joe Schmidt.

Not only do you have to try to maximize the talent at each position, you have to maximize the talent you're taking from each franchise.  It's a fun little puzzle to figure out.

I might try a redux later....

This. It’s easy to say put in this player instead of this player but there’s a butterfly effect. Unless you can swap the same positions and teams it turns into switching out 3, 4 or 5 players. 
As far as Sanders and Brown in the backfield, imagine trying to stop both of them (you can’t catch one or tackle the other) while still covering Moss and Johnson on the outside and Gonzales or Harrison. 
Detroit as well as a few other teams only have a handful of players you could choose from. The Lions have Sanders, Megatron, Barney or Schmidt. That’s not a big selection. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, nycdan said:

These are all things I agree with you. Starting out, I initially had both Mean Joe and Earl Campbell in my lineups but eventually moved them out because of every team needing representation. I struggled with getting a few teams representation knowing there were much better players at those positions. In no way does my lineup represent the very best at every position and would probably change somethings if I wanted to take more time on it. 

Also, I have Jerry Rice in my lineup. Rice, Moss, and LT were 3 players that I felt were non negotiable along with Lombardi for coaches.

• Upvote 1