Mike Lombardi on Tua

29 minutes ago, section314 said:

Heard on NFL network yesterday, as per Lombardi, that Tua failed two physicals. Anyone else hear this?

I was just watching him this morning on The Lombardi Line and he said his injury history was a huge concern and a lot of teams don't have them on their draft boards, but he didn't say that when I was listening. He basically said he had 5 surgeries and played 32 games - astounding for so few games.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He’s accurate as hell tho. 

ABSOLUTELY !  I've watched most of his college games. He is remarkable for his accuracy , especially on his deep throws, and feel for the game. Take away his injuries, which you can't, and he's the #1 pick overall IMHO.

• Upvote 4

Tua Tagovailoa failed 'at least one' physical, suffered previously unknown wrist injury: report

Fox News Flash top headlines for April 9

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Alabama quarterback and NFL 2020 Draft prospect Tua Tagovailoa has been dealing with more injuries than previously reported and according to one long-time NFL executive, he’s failed at least one physical.

Former NFL front office executive Michael Lombardi said on his podcast Wednesday that Tagovailoa has reportedly broken his wrist twice and failed at least one team physical as a result.

A Message from Hyland

Every winner has an X factor

Make the power of the Hyland platform your X factor. Learn how at Hyland.com/Xfactor Learn more at Hyland.com/xfactor

TUA TAGOVAILOA UNDERGOES MEDICAL EVALUATION WITH ‘OVERWHELMINGLY POSITIVE' RESULT: REPORT

“That's got to get around that at least one team failed the physical on Tua; others have to be concerned now as well. What they saw...is they saw the fact it's not just his hip. It's his ankle. It's his wrist. He broke his wrist the first day of spring ball one year. And then they fixed it, he came back, and he broke it again,” Lombardi said, according to the Miami Herald.

Tagovailoa is considered a top 5 pick going into the NFL Draft later this month, despite an extensive history of injuries.

His final season was cut short in November 2019 after suffering a posterior wall fracture and a dislocated hip. He also injured his right ankle a month earlier. The previous season, he had sprained his left ankle, right knee and broke his left index finger.

But Lombardi’s report that Tagovailoa has broken his wrist twice is cause for concern going into the draft. The Miami Herald was able to report that he broke his wrist at least once.

“... He's brittle. You can't deny it. You can't deny it,” Lombardi continued in his podcast.

Reports of Tagovailoa’s injuries prompted his agent to respond Thursday, telling ESPN that the “health concerns are overblown” and that two of his doctors have ruled that it’s “clear that Tua's health is fine. There's no recurrence that's going to happen here."

Tua Tagovailoa's agent, @leighsteinberg, says on @790TheTicket "health concerns are overblown" & his 2 doctors have been "clear that Tua's health is fine. There's no recurrence that's going to happen here."

Steinberg says Tua will be a "very high pick."

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

The NFL Network also reported Thursday that Tagovailoa participated in a “one-hour long workout with 55 scripted throws and another 20 throws in a dynamic drill setting at a local private gym” and that all 32 teams will be given a video.

Just last week reports surfaced that Tagovailoa opted in for a voluntary medical recheck and that his results “were overwhelmingly positive.”

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I was just watching him this morning on The Lombardi Line and he said his injury history was a huge concern and a lot of teams don't have them on their draft boards, but he didn't say that when I was listening. He basically said he had 5 surgeries and played 32 games - astounding for so few games.

He sounds like Dee Milliner 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What if Tua starts falling and is available at 11? What kind of haul could we get for him, even if a team like the Raiders sitting right behind us wanted to move up for him 

In a normal year I'd agree. 

This year with teams unable to bring him in, talk to him, and give him a physical, have a feeling Tua just might fall a long way with all this "failed physical" talk right before the draft.

Funny thing is that 90% of years coming into the draft I'd be praying a QB like Tua might fall to the Jets at 11.  This year I'm praying someone will take a major risk and take him early, as long as it's not the Fish who I think are very interested.

Just can't win.  LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

In a normal year I'd agree. 

This year with teams unable to bring him in, talk to him, and give him a physical, have a feeling Tua just might fall a long way with all this "failed physical" talk right before the draft.

Funny thing is that 90% of years coming into the draft I'd be praying a QB like Tua might fall to the Jets at 11.  This year I'm praying someone will take a major risk and take him early, as long as it's not the Fish who I think are very interested.

Just can't win.  LOL

I think Tua would still generate some trade interest. A team like New Orleans maybe? New England? 

It is tough to truly evaluate some players and tua is one.  He has looked great at times but Bama is so stacked each year head to toe that you just do not know what you have got.  A fantastic supporting cast can make a player look better than they are and can cover up their weaknesses (See Quinnen)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

LOL

If the Jets trade with NE for a QB with Tua's talent, I'm done this time.  LOL

JD should ask for Pats 1st-2nd-3rd draft picks this year and next.  Then Belichick  can have his egg-QB.  Jets will draft one or two Edge rushing demons...and scramble up a tasty Tua omelet? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It is tough to truly evaluate some players and tua is one.  He has looked great at times but Bama is so stacked each year head to toe that you just do not know what you have got.  A fantastic supporting cast can make a player look better than they are and can cover up their weaknesses (See Quinnen)

I wonder if that will be the fate of LSU guys this year. Talk about stacked.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

5 surgeries is a lot.

I like Tua, but I’d have a hard time making him a top 5 pick 

• Upvote 1

Just now, fusionCA said:

he is a clueless pats worshiper who drink his water from belichick bath tub 

The Pats win a lot. Getting some of the ins and outs is fine with me. Put on NFL Net or ESPN and you’ll see people saying nothing remotely interesting. The Tua coverage after his pro day was crazy optimistic for a guy with medical flags.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

FWIW, Phil Simms was on NFL network yesterday morning with Bob Papa and Charlie Weiss, and said if he had the #1 pick this year, he take Herbert. Absolutley loves him.

That sounds like a trifecta of terrible opinions but for an odd reason I still think there’s a slight chance Herbert goes 1 overall.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That sounds like a trifecta of terrible opinions but for an odd reason I still think there’s a slight chance Herbert goes 1 overall.

Supposedly, isn't that the guy the Dolphins want? If the chalk holds(Burrow, Young) I'd love to be the Lions.

24 minutes ago, section314 said:

I wonder if that will be the fate of LSU guys this year. Talk about stacked.

I am not as worried for most of them, simply because they had an almost unprecedented list of opponents.  At least I am not worried about a guy like Burrow.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like he's going to drop as hard or harder than Aaron Rogers.  What part of his body has not experienced significant injury?  Both ankles, hip and now wrist.  I don't think any GM in his right mind would move up for him.  Is it possible he falls out of the 1st round entirely?

8 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Sounds like he's going to drop as hard or harder than Aaron Rogers.  What part of his body has not experienced significant injury?  Both ankles, hip and now wrist.  I don't think any GM in his right mind would move up for him.  Is it possible he falls out of the 1st round entirely?

Agree about any GM  having concerns but he is not falling out of first round if he falls far enough ( let’s say around 20 give or take )  New England trades up to get him as I think he would flourish in the system they run