Mike Lombardi on Tua

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What if Tua starts falling and is available at 11? What kind of haul could we get for him, even if a team like the Raiders sitting right behind us wanted to move up for him 

Not much I would think since so many teams would have passed on him already. I really hate to see him fall like that, a Brady Quinn scenario. Quinn was a bum but Tua's  such a great talent and a great kid.  Remember this time of year you can't believe anything you read. Teams throw crap out there in hopes a guy they want falls to them.

33 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Not much I would think since so many teams would have passed on him already. I really hate to see him fall like that, a Brady Quinn scenario. Quinn was a bum but Tua's  such a great talent and a great kid.  Remember this time of year you can't believe anything you read. Teams throw crap out there in hopes a guy they want falls to them.

Tua played behind a line with at least 2 First round tackles and 3 First round WRs, and has been severely hurt at a rate of about every 5th game he has played in (5 Major Surgeries) in less than 2 seasons. I hope the Dolphins get him. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tua played behind a line with at least 2 First round tackles and 3 First round WRs, and has been severely hurt at a rate of about every 5th game he has played in (5 Major Surgeries) in less than 2 seasons. Nope. 

Better get your facts straight.

59 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Better get your facts straight.

I mistakenly wrote surgery instead of injury. But here:

Tagovailoa suffered several notable injuries during his three-year career - two as a starter - at Alabama: Broken left index finger, Sprained right knee ... Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture (November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games)4 days ago

Prior to the 2018 National Championship game, Tagovailoa underwent the same procedure on his left ankle, and according to Alabama head coach Nick Saban, Tua's right ankle has less swelling than his left did.

Saban: Tua Tagovailoa undergoes ankle surgery; QB aims for Nov. 9 return. Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has had a procedure for a high ankle sprain and will miss Saturday's game against Arkansas. Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban says Tagovailoa had what's known as a "tightrope" procedure on his right ankle Sunday

Guys a ******* walking Medical study.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tagovailoa suffered five notable injuries during his three-year career - two as a starter - at Alabama: Broken left index finger, Sprained right knee ... Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture (November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games)4 days ago

Prior to the 2018 National Championship game, Tagovailoa underwent the same procedure on his left ankle, and according to Alabama head coach Nick Saban, Tua's right ankle has less swelling than his left did.

Saban: Tua Tagovailoa undergoes ankle surgery; QB aims for Nov. 9 return. Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has had a procedure for a high ankle sprain and will miss Saturday's game against Arkansas. Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban says Tagovailoa had what's known as a "tightrope" procedure on his right ankle Sunday

Guys a ******* walking Medical study.

You were kind of right because he did in fact have five surgeries. Only three of them would be considered major surgery though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Mariota was an athletic system qb in college I know them when I see them.  If it wasn’t for injuries Tua would be a good to very good qb in the nfl

What's really scary about Tua is realistically. How may games was he even playing a full game?  Bama kills other teams, numerous times he was pulled in the 3rd quarter.

If he can't stay healthy in college, on one of the most stacked teams in college, how likely is he to make it through an nfl season?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

If he can't stay healthy in college, on one of the most stacked teams in college, how likely is he to make it through an nfl season?

Not likely, and that is the main reason I hope Miami drafts him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I'm interested to see the reaction if the jets take one of the top two WR.  There seems to be two solid camps and one group would be happy with Lamb, much less with Jeudy and visa versa.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the top 3 guys. I think what will separate them in teams eyes is fitting a specific system. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tagovailoa suffered five notable injuries during his three-year career - two as a starter - at Alabama: Broken left index finger, Sprained right knee ... Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture (November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games)4 days ago

That's better.  In Tua's soph. year (2018) he played in every game for Bama leading them to an 14-1 record. He had 43 TD's and only 6 picks with a passer rating of 199.4. This past year his passer rating was 206.5 before his hip injury. Tell me one football player who hasn't twisted a knee or broken a finger outside of a bench warmer or water boy. Yes his hip injury was beyond major but from most reports he's 100%.

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

You were kind of right because he did in fact have five surgeries. Only three of them would be considered major surgery though.

But until the hip injury he didn't miss many games. Started every game(15)his Soph. year (2018)

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

But until the hip injury he didn't miss many games. Started every game(15)his Soph. year (2018)

The truth is he never should of been playing in the game where he broke his hip. He had major surgery on his ankle around a month before and Saban put him back on the field because all he cared about was a National Championship.

I also remember another guy named Dee Milliner who didn't miss much time even though he had 5 surgeries in college. How did that work out?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

That's better.  In Tua's soph. year (2018) he played in every game for Bama leading them to an 14-1 record. He had 43 TD's and only 6 picks with a passer rating of 199.4. This past year his passer rating was 206.5 before his hip injury. Tell me one football player who hasn't twisted a knee or broken a finger outside of a bench warmer or water boy. Yes his hip injury was beyond major but from most reports he's 100%.

Quinnen Williams is Aaron Donald 2.0, dominated every game, and was the best player in the draft..... big whoop. 

Broken guy is broken. Hope he goes to Miami.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

The truth is he never should of been playing in the game where he broke his hip. He had major surgery on his ankle around a month before and Saban put him back on the field because all he cared about was a National Championship.

I also remember another guy named Dee Milliner who didn't miss much time even though he had 5 surgeries in college. How did that work out?

Dexter McDougle says hi. 

Bless Austin:

crazy family guy GIF

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RobR said:

:yawn:

On 4/11/2020 at 10:07 AM, nico002 said:

Failed physicals, sending tape to 32 teams 10 days before the draft? Seems like Tua is 100% guaranteed to drop somewhat.

The kid is coming off a serious injury. If I drafted him I wouldn’t plan on playing on playing him in an NFL game until 2021 at the earliest.  

16 hours ago, choon328 said:

Possible trade up teams if Tua falls to 11:

TB - 14

Miami - 18

Raiders - 12, 19

Jags - 20

Min - 20, 22

The Raiders aren’t  trading up in the first round, and not for a QB. ( no chance). They have their QB Carr( starter) , and Mariota as the backup .  Will they draft a QB .  Sure they might take a QB in the later rounds.  ( Jalen Hurts falls to one of their third round picks than it’s a possibility).  

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders aren’t  trading up in the first round, and not for a QB. ( no chance). They have their QB Carr( starter) , and Mariota as the backup .  Will they draft a QB .  Sure they might take a QB in the later rounds.  ( Jalen Hurts falls to one of their third round picks than it’s a possibility).  

You obviously know more about the Raiders than I do, but I don’t think you can discount it. Gruden has so much power in that organization an if he is in love with Tua (no idea if that’s the case) I woudn’t it put it past him. 

For a guy who was known on ESPN for “Grudens QB camp” hes never really coached young QBs. All of his success has been with vets.