Push to cancel NFL season underway

We need to start to push back before this becomes a thing. See article below

a) we should test outside the stadium much like we check for alcohol coming in.

b) need therapeutics in summer to help treat folks 

c)football without fans would never be the same 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phillymag.com/news/2020/04/09/coronavirus-nfl-season-eagles-zeke-emanuel/%3famp=1

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

They should push back the season to start in winter if need be. You can start in dec/jan and finish in the spring. Although, the issue with that is how/when would the following season start its camps etc.

Antibody all players and coaches before the season, and by winter 2021 we should have a vaccine. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

First off you can find a doctor that will say just about anything. Secondly it says his specialty is bioethics which means he is going to be pushing for the lowest possible risk approach possible like some of these other clowns saying you need to keep everything in lockdown until there are ZERO new cases. It's never going to happen.

There may never be zero new cases. Even if there is a vaccine. The day after they release it there will be anti-vaxers protesting. The way out of this is to restart normal life while protecting the most vulnerable. The more healthy people that get exposed and have minor cases the better we are in the long run.

exactly!!!

I wish I could multiple Posts of the Week for this. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We need to start to push back before this becomes a thing. See article below

a) we should test outside the stadium much like we check for alcohol coming in.

b) need therapeutics in summer to help treat folks 

c)football without fans would never be the same 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phillymag.com/news/2020/04/09/coronavirus-nfl-season-eagles-zeke-emanuel/%3famp=1

We don’t need to do anything because of one random doctor in PA.

if the season can happen it will $$$$ is too big to risk and tickets are already paid for.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Interesting.  I would use a 4 year average draft position (pre trades).   

1 time draft lottery is what they would do to keep it fair. 

Except, it would be rigged so the Pats conveniently get #1 and Trev. 

33 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

First off you can find a doctor that will say just about anything. Secondly it says his specialty is bioethics which means he is going to be pushing for the lowest possible risk approach possible like some of these other clowns saying you need to keep everything in lockdown until there are ZERO new cases. It's never going to happen.

There may never be zero new cases. Even if there is a vaccine. The day after they release it there will be anti-vaxers protesting. The way out of this is to restart normal life while protecting the most vulnerable. The more healthy people that get exposed and have minor cases the better we are in the long run.

I think it’s a very real possibility the NFL season will be cancelled. 

Restaurants and Bars need to open soon. It’s a trillion dollar industry that cannot survive an 18 month shutdown. 

Realistically I think we are all back to work by May under restrictions:

Suspend all non-essential air travel

Reduced seating/capacity in bars and restaurants 

Draft Beer and Drinks to be served in disposable plastic cups 

Food served on disposable plates/utensils 

All retail outlets institute rules/guidelines similar to what  supermarkets are doing

No large gatherings (sports, concerts, 10Ks until further notice)

Gyms continue to close (workout outside)

Beaches close 

Barber Shops/HairSalons can open up

Hotels/Motels can open up

Realistically the greatest public health risks are the the sports and entertainment/airline industry. Both can survive an 18 month shutdown.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

1 time draft lottery is what they would do to keep it fair. 

Except, it would be rigged so the Pats conveniently get #1 and Trev. 

I think this is why they’ll find a way to play at least eight games. Lawrence is going to be the most coveted prospect since Peyton Manning. No way they can arbitrarily decide who gets the rights to him.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Zeke Emanuel brother of Rahm Emanuel former mayor of Chicago also said the country should be shut down for 12 to 18 months. He's always been a nut case..

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/07/ezekiel_emanuel_us_must_stay_locked_down_for_12-18_months_until_theres_a_vaccine.html

Pretty much. A few countries in Europe are already starting to open things back up.... SLOWLY. Which is exactly how you need to do this. 

I'm still not sure you can have stadiums filled with fans this year but I'm pretty confident you can have games with minimal risk.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is why they’ll find a way to play at least eight games. Lawrence is going to be the most coveted prospect since Peyton Manning. No way they can arbitrarily decide who gets the rights to him.

Yeah probably right. 

Although 8 games makes a "Tank for Trevor" campaign a lot easier to pull off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We need to push back?

There's nothing we can do. The NFL and it's constituents will certainly be exhausting every conceivable option to play and start the year on time, but acting like we have any say in the matter (and seemingly being willfully ignorant to potentially putting thousands upon thousands of more lives at stake) is just downright foolish.

Football isn't more important than the health and wellbeing of the country. 

• Upvote 1

This is America.   The country is going to open up sooner than we think.  We are not going to keep the entire country on lockdown to save the lives of the old and unhealthy.  

It would be nice if we could, but we can’t.   When the healthcare system can manage those that get sick, we will start opening up.  We are not far off.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

I think it’s a very real possibility the NFL season will be cancelled. 

Restaurants and Bars need to open soon. It’s a trillion dollar industry that cannot survive an 18 month shutdown. 

Realistically I think we are all back to work by May under restrictions:

Realistically the greatest public health risks are the the sports and entertainment/airline industry. Both can survive an 18 month shutdown.  

There are a lot of servers & Service Industry  tied directly to NFL, MLB, CFB, etc. I’m not sure these folks can survive for 18 months. 

I agree with May under restrictions. I’m not ready to cancel so much industry so early in time. 

45 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, you want 80K tests administered outside of a stadium, and then we'll wait for results?  Do we line up on Tuesday?  And where do these tests come from, as sick people can't even get them if they're not sick enough?

Also, what do we do with all the people exposed by the person who tested positive?

Well when you put it like that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

How about an auction instead of a draft?

Whomever drafts Trevor Lawrence will have to relinquish 2022,2023,2024 1st round picks.

If you don’t use your first round pick in 2021 you get another in 2022. 

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

There are a lot of servers & Service Industry  tied directly to NFL, MLB, CFB, etc. I’m not sure these folks can survive for 18 months. 

I agree with May under restrictions. I’m not ready to cancel so much industry so early in time. 

It’s going to hurt a lot of people, but the NFL isn’t going to go belly up.  We need to prioritize the businesses that won’t survive. 

• Upvote 3