Push to cancel NFL season underway

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

What you’re saying could be true. Because a pandemic doesn’t end just because you want it to or you’re tired of it. There are smarter solutions more testing and tracing. This is a century when there’s going to be major catastrophes we’ve already experienced some. Like this one if you’re unprepared you spend more of your gnp and many more deaths. But it seems like we still haven’t learned that lesson. There’s no evidence of foresight. Not a good legacy for our kids your 401k if that’s all you care about might not go so far. 

Warren Buffet just sold off $30 million worth of stock.  The market is going to rebound in the summer as things open back up temporarily but come next October when the cold weather returns infections will skyrocket again and there’s no public health infrastructure in America so expect the Dow Jones to to decrease by 40-50% next Fall

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The campaign ads write themselves sometimes

It was either this guy Vos or Fitzgerald who last year said after his party lost the statewide governor’s election they would have won if not for Milwaukee and Madison. So they found a way to cut out much of Milwaukee. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Government is throwing away trillions but you somehow think they won't foot the bill for a few hundred million on vaccines that appear to work in initial testing? 

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Health, has announced that a vaccine developed by NIH scientists could go into production before clinical trials finish. It it’s effective, they’ll have a head-start on production; if it fails, they’ll have to scrap any vaccines they’ve produced."

Plus you won't even need vaccines for every single American. Those that already have antibodies and young children likely won't need one right away.  Give to the elderly and at risk groups first and you're pretty much eliminating the risk of running out of hospital beds/ventilators. 

America has no infrastructure in place to  quickly invent and mass produce vaccines in response to a sudden outbreak of a previously unknown virus.  Everything is done in the private sector with the NIH funding it with taxpayer money for diseases that have had vaccines already in place for decades

what we should have were 100% govt owned and operated labs, testing facilities, factories and distribution centers set up prior to this pandemic.  They have it in other countries but not here

if you think this is going away in 6 months you are delusional 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Warren Buffet just sold off $30 million worth of stock.  The market is going to rebound in the summer as things open back up but come next October when the cold weather returns infections will skyrocket again and there’s no public health infrastructure in America so expect the Dow Jones to to decrease by 40-50% next Fall

Warren buffet is sitting on like 120B cash last I read. 30M to him is nothing. This collapse was coming pre corona and there are huge structural problems in the economy, which is why hes waiting.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It was either this guy Vos or Fitzgerald who last year said after his party lost the statewide governor’s election they would have won if not for Milwaukee and Madison. So they found a way to cut out much of Milwaukee. 

The Grand Old Party.

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

America has no infrastructure in place to  quickly invent and mass produce vaccines in response to a sudden outbreak of a previously unknown virus.  Everything is done in the private sector with the NIH funding it with taxpayer money for diseases that have had vaccines already in place for decades

what we should have were 100% govt owned and operated labs, testing facilities, factories and distribution centers set up prior to this pandemic.  They have it in other countries but not here

if you think this is going away in 6 months you are delusional 

Government can’t do anything right and you want them to lead on vaccines and testing?

Private industry way more efficient and cost effective 

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Government can’t do anything right and you want them to lead on vaccines and testing?

Private industry way more efficient and cost effective 

Private Sector is doing great right now we have 25% of the world’s coronavirus cases with 5% of the population 

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Private Sector is doing great right now we have 25% of the world’s coronavirus cases with 5% of the population 

For your numbers to be correct, you'd have to believe the numbers coming out of China, Iran, Russia. Etc, Etc, I don't. Im sure you don't either.

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Private industry has accelerated testing and vaccines. Govt. hasn’t done $h!+ other than paralyze small business to the point of 6 million jobs-lost. 

What choice did they have??

1 minute ago, genot said:

What choice did they have??

Leave it to the individual states to decide for their own. Feds should be in supporting role with Fed, Treasury, FAA and military. Distribution of supplies. Even Cuomo & Newsome are raving about Trump support. 

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Leave it to the individual states to decide for their own. Feds should be in supporting role with Fed, Treasury, FAA and military. Distribution of supplies. Even Cuomo & Newsome are raving about Trump support. 

That's what Trump did. Months ago, liberals we're complaining about Trump being an authoritarian leader. Now the complaint is, he's letting the individual States take the lead, with the feds in a supporting role. No future President will have to do, what Trump was forced to do, because of the neglect of previous administrations. Interesting piece of history,{recent], written in this article. Hardly a right wing publicationhttps://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/los-angeles-times-and-bloomberg-news-federal-stockpile-of-n95-masks-was-depleted-under-obama-and-never-restocked

• Upvote 1

Health services/research etc is a federal responsibility. Esp when it comes to researching pandemics and virology. Why do you think there is an HHS, NIH, CDC, etc. To say 50 individual states are supposed to be the leader on it is nonsense. How does a state like Wyoming etc get data/science on a pandemic . It’s called passing the buck the blame game (the states, the WHO, previous administration, everyone except them after over 3 years not 3 months in office) and massive incompetency. And a whole lot of lying. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

We need to start to push back before this becomes a thing. See article below

a) we should test outside the stadium much like we check for alcohol coming in.

80k+ tests? Really? That’s over a million test every weekend just for NFL. Lets assume that’s feasible. Then what? Infected folks will be there too and it will spread. Doesn’t matter if they’re inside the stadium or outside the stadium standing shoulder to shoulder waiting to get tested. 

b) need therapeutics in summer to help treat folks 

Yes because a cure exists, right?

c)football without fans would never be the same 

Hence a lockout b

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Health services/research etc is a federal responsibility. Esp when it comes to researching pandemics and virology. Why do you think there is an HHS, CDC, etc. To say 50 individual states are supposed to be the leader on it is nonsense. It’s called passing the buck the blame game (the states, the WHO, previous administration, everyone except them after over 3 years not 3 months in office)and massive incompetency. 

The virus originated in China. By the time the chinese finally came clean about how the virus spread, this Country, and every other Country already had thousands of asymptomatic carriers spreading the virus. We asked the Chinese if we could have a team of health officials in China to study the strain, to see how it spreads and mutates. We were denied. They kicked international journalists out of the country, to hide what took too long for us to learn. That's fact. Blame them. Just look at the numbers their reporting about the amount of people in their country infected, and you'll realize the gross deception they're engaged in. This is one reason for state government. I think States taking the lead on this, is the only way this could be managed. There closer to the problem, they can make those decisions that affect they're State. That's why we have Governors and Mayor's. Etc, Etc. You want them too pass the buck to Washington. I'm sure Gov Cuomo has spoken to the NIH, and CDC, a hundred times.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, genot said:

That's what Trump did. Months ago, liberals we're complaining about Trump being an authoritarian leader. Now the complaint is, he's letting the individual States take the lead, with the feds in a supporting role. No future President will have to do, what Trump was forced to do, because of the neglect of previous administrations. Interesting piece of history,{recent], written in this article. Hardly a right wing publicationhttps://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/los-angeles-times-and-bloomberg-news-federal-stockpile-of-n95-masks-was-depleted-under-obama-and-never-restocked

So what have we been doing the last 3+ years besides blaming everybody else when things go wrong? Is three years not enough time to replenish the national stockpile of n95 masks? It's some kind of voodoo where everything that is good is because of one person and everything that is bad is the fault of everyone else. What happened to accountability?

As a season ticket holder for over 10 years, I'm having a hard time believing I'm going to be comfortable going to a game in September based upon the current trajectory we are on. I pray to god it changes, but I'm not risking my life to go to a game. 

3 minutes ago, rldev said:

So what have we been doing the last 3+ years besides blaming everybody else when things go wrong? Is three years not enough time to replenish the national stockpile of n95 masks? It's some kind of voodoo where everything that is good is because of one person and everything that is bad is the fault of everyone else. What happened to accountability?

Nothing has gone wrong. Things are going very well. This is a pandemic. The worst we've seen since the Spanish flu. Millions died from that virus. Nobody is a miracle worker. It's a horrible thing that so many have gotten sick and died from this virus. If you look at what the predictions we're and look at the numbers as of today, we will not come close,[thank god], to what many predicted would happen. This is what happens in a pandemic. A lot of people get sick, and some die. I think the Federal and state governments have done a tremendous job. If everybody follows the CDC, guidelines, we'll come out of this okay.

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

We need to start to push back before this becomes a thing. See article below

a) we should test outside the stadium much like we check for alcohol coming in.

b) need therapeutics in summer to help treat folks 

c)football without fans would never be the same 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phillymag.com/news/2020/04/09/coronavirus-nfl-season-eagles-zeke-emanuel/%3famp=1

no words

Nile - Wikipedia

37 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

80k+ tests? Really? That’s over a million test every weekend just for NFL. Lets assume that’s feasible. Then what? Infected folks will be there too and it will spread. Doesn’t matter if they’re inside the stadium or outside the stadium standing shoulder to shoulder waiting to get tested. 

Yes because a cure exists, right?

Hence a lockout b

I admit it’s a hard thing to achieve but it’s been floated. 

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

As a season ticket holder for over 10 years, I'm having a hard time believing I'm going to be comfortable going to a game in September based upon the current trajectory we are on. I pray to god it changes, but I'm not risking my life to go to a game. 

Wear a mask, and protective gloves, and you'll be fine. If you do that the chances of you getting the virus are the same as you getting hit by a bolt of lightning.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

tell that to the dead nurses you ckunt

You care, and i don't. The problem is when you get emotional about something, your might not be thinking straight. Nurses, [bless their souls], are working hours everyday in close quarters with dozens of infected people. Much different 4 months down the road going to a football game for three hours

6 minutes ago, genot said:

You care, and i don't. The problem is when you get emotional about something, your might not be thinking straight. Nurses, [bless their souls], are working hours everyday in close quarters with dozens of infected people. Much different 4 months down the road going to a football game for three hours

emotional. you thinking i am shouting. i am not. just announing that i think your fecklessness qualifies you as a right khunt.

simply not caring that health care workers die. classy. \

also falsely declaring that if you wear a mask and gloves you'll be ok, is a public health risk.