Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yes, all 47 attempt have apparently failed, how many ******* chances did they get?

And who the **** blocked them all?  THAT'S who I want to kill.

I don't really believe that you believe that one person blocked them all.

4 hours ago, Beaver said:

Sounds like we are basically screwed.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

Use and Power

If the Cult is not exterminated within the first two game Days, they almost inevitably win. Therefore, you shouldn't use these unless other people have told you you know what you are doing.

Most attempts at balancing a Cult need to address two problems: a swing issue (in which killing the Cult Leader early makes the Cult a non-issue, but failing to do so leaves them very powerful), and the issue that the cult can typically recruit as fast (or faster) than the town can lynch them. Balanced games containing a Cult nearly always need to have some means of slowing the Cult down. This is much easier to do via a change to the game mechanics (or to the Cult mechanics) than it is using power roles; although roles like Alarmist help, they come nowhere close to the amount of power needed to keep the Cult in check.

The above article is useless and only reflects a specific setup - no need to worry about the town not having an even chance as long as the setup is balanced. 

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Scum likely had a choice of kill or recruit, tried recruit but failed.

This is what I thought at first as well, but then it began to look more like multi ball.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Oh and peep the dudes voting me today, pretty gross, could be opportunistic cult/sk.  

I'm most weary of DPR right now.  He was talking more mechanics and what not to do yesterday and talking about who wasnt doing what than he was doing his own hunting.

CTM too.

Was 80 the first to bring up conversion? 

Not accurate. ISO me and see where I was 1). not filling the thread full of useless sh*t 2). making a very simple point that it was likely a conversion game and not to fill the thread up with sh*t. 

As to be expected, you went ahead and filled the thread with tons of sh*t. 

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

I must have missed the color difference....

maybe the purple is neutral then?  because I cant see 4 factions, not to mod the game but it's quite clear the 3 sides that we know exist are red - cult. Blue - Blade. Green - town.

Having said that, I'll speculate on the mechanics now:

Seems like we have a multi ball situation with a cult and multiple vamp/mafia teams. There are certainly enough players to justify this.

40 minutes ago, Pac said:

A couple failed attempts can be debilitating for weaker vampires...  but not them...

"Lets re-visit a friend shall we" said Dragonetti.

CLICK ME

Dragonetti was one of the vampire leaders, but not the main bad guy - that was Frost. 

I'm guessing all of the vampire attempts during this day phase are different vamp teams to reflect. A quick Google points out that there were 13 elders, so there's plenty of source material for multiple teams. 

It'll be important for everyone to post reads today so that we can compare them day to day. It's also important to post reasons for votes, for the same reason. 

Vote CTM  

I'm not cemented to this vote, but there's a tone he gets when he's trying too hard. He'll either jump in now with decent analysis, or he'll flail with bad logic. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sure but this many attempts during the day?  Makes no sense.  I think the first time we ever had a cult game, Doggin made me the cult leader.  I was able to recruiter 2 people and then it stopped because of odds or something but I was only allowed to recruit at night.

Did you run Predator or was it Alien?   Pretty sure those were 1 at night, no? 

I ran the cult game The Thing.  It had a fail rate, but not that high (a little less than 50% success).  If the success rate is low, (say 25%), the scum may get multiple chances a phase.  It depends on number of scum to start the game. With 21 players the normal scum team would be 5.  There is likely 3 scum with chance to recruit 2 players.

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

The above article is useless and only reflects a specific setup - no need to worry about the town not having an even chance as long as the setup is balanced. 

This is what I thought at first as well, but then it began to look more like multi ball.

Not accurate. ISO me and see where I was 1). not filling the thread full of useless sh*t 2). making a very simple point that it was likely a conversion game and not to fill the thread up with sh*t. 

Seems like we have a multi ball situation with a cult and multiple vamp/mafia teams. There are certainly enough players to justify this.

Dragonetti was one of the vampire leaders, but not the main bad guy - that was Frost. 

I'm guessing all of the vampire attempts during this day phase are different vamp teams to reflect. A quick Google points out that there were 13 elders, so there's plenty of source material for multiple teams. 

It'll be important for everyone to post reads today so that we can compare them day to day. It's also important to post reasons for votes, for the same reason. 

Vote CTM  

I'm not cemented to this vote, but there's a tone he gets when he's trying too hard. He'll either jump in now with decent analysis, or he'll flail with bad logic. 

not too shabby

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Leelou said:

So looks like all attempts have failed, that’s good at least.

What are your thoughts?

Here are mine:

Pac is clearly doing scenes for every attempt to remove a player/change a players faction -- so if someone was shot at last night and protected, we'd know. Seems likely that yes...80 was right it's cult vs. town...vs. Blade? Possible Blade is an SK type, I think it was JiF that mentioned this above? I remember in the intro notes or the sign-up thread Pac mentioned not to reveal characters and even if you did it would be detrimental to those who had watched the movie...

I was imagining GATA's "prize" was a BPV - or equivalent - if Blade is the equivalent of an SK here (coloring hints that, too)...that sort of fits.

That would also explain why Nol was a good target...for an SK.

I wonder if the vamps have multiple powers and they have to trade them off for conversion attempts? Just wondering if it's the ying to the yang of Gata and maybe others being able to "earn" something. Regardless, I do think we should poke at the folks laying low.

vote Lizzie

I'd be fine with jville/drums/folks in that range too...and after all the wailing from CTM/DPR yesterday about information won't mean anything now that it does...I would want to see a big pick up or throw them to the fire.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, DPR said:

Vote CTM  

ugh, I liked this...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Dragonetti was a “pure” vampire. I think all of the elders / council were.

So “Blood of the Forefathers” could be a nod towards that. At the very least, if it’s not multi ball, we know Dragonetti is the main baddie here.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AVM said:

vote Lizzie

I'd be fine with jville/drums/folks in that range too...and after all the wailing from CTM/DPR yesterday about information won't mean anything now that it does...I would want to see a big pick up or throw them to the fire.

Agreed. This is a nice post too

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, she played terrible.  Dont feel bad about the lynch; her refusal to answer questions, self voting, directing a LD, messying up the game with Nolder, she was gross and deserved death.   I can live with missing once a game. Jordan missed shots too, still the GOAT.

She really didn't, though.  More than one person said she looked town and refused to lynch her, it was just that people were bored and nobody was consolidating elsewhere.....so she ended up being the lynch.  You Ape'd the whole day, basically......so congrats?

43 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I don't really believe that you believe that one person blocked them all.

It was a general statement, but yeah.  I also think it is less a block and more a failed attempt (% chance).  

Most likely scum/cult/whatever are hiding in the low posters, with maybe a couple out in front.  I think we can deal with the in front folks later, and lynch from the bottom up going forward.

Unvote

Vote:  Lizzie

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Most likely scum/cult/whatever are hiding in the low posters, with maybe a couple out in front.  I think we can deal with the in front folks later, and lynch from the bottom up going forward.

Unvote

Vote:  Lizzie

Are you referring to JiF or someone else?

41 minutes ago, AVM said:

vote Lizzie

I can support this as well.  Vote Lizzie

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Are you referring to JiF or someone else?

JiF is one of my prime suspects, yes.  Leading that lynch on GATA yesterday was super easy early on, and imo GATA made it obvious she was town later in the day, it's just that it was too late to change trains due to # of people and the general laziness at the time.

Town-JiF is willing to switch his reads a little more readily than that, and I didn't like the backpedaling that occurred once a few folks critiqued the train.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

She really didn't, though.  More than one person said she looked town and refused to lynch her, it was just that people were bored and nobody was consolidating elsewhere.....so she ended up being the lynch.  You Ape'd the whole day, basically......so congrats?

It was a general statement, but yeah.  I also think it is less a block and more a failed attempt (% chance).  

I will smack your stupid twat face

• Haha 2

I have 80 and JC as my top scum. Jvill is a possible third for me-- he said he wouldn't have the energy to play as scum again and also basing it on his meta as scum. Lizzie is in red for me due to very few posts and camping on his vote. I could have read him wrong but he seemed a bit defensive about staying put on Gata.

Okay so I copied the following from a Google Doc so if the formatting is weird that's why. 

Notes on JC:

• Posted a lot, hasn’t voted.
  • Then took what Nolder said about me and voted me
  • Then took what I said about Nolder and voted him
  • Finally makes somewhat of a real read on Verbal in post 1183
  • Prediction: JC hammers Gata -- CORRECT
  • Voted (hammered) Gata D1

Notes on 80:

• He feeds the flames of Nolder and my stupid debate in post 772
  • In post 813, says he likes the case from Nolder on me and wants to have a competing train with Gata yet as Gata points out, I had JC and 80 on me and Nolder had 4 votes (Gata had 7). He responds to Gata with a gif
  • Calls out AJ for “needing to play more” when he’s been participating and is in PST in post 1122 yet views the forum anonymously so you can’t see the last time he’s visited or if he’s viewing the thread. Next post, Hess says AJ contributes and is doing well. 
  • Seems to be supporting JC for some odd reason but also says he can’t read him in post 819
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

The above said, I think there are other scum that are active right now, but that's more of a hunch than anything at this point.

I maybe hate you a little less today. But I wouldn't trust it.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

@Leelou I came out of D1 feeling pretty okay with you but looking back at your posts looking for what AJ pointed out... if you're town I really need you to step it up. pls ❤️ 

Still waiting for her to clarify something I quoted her on but she ignored it. 

56 minutes ago, DPR said:

Vote CTM  

good vote but lol @ tone I get

I have no analysis really, it s a cult game so i'm going to wait until the herd thins quite a bit before burning time. I am not an important role so lynch away.,