Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

8 minutes ago, Beaver said:

that's because what I said it what actually happened. 

• I was ten pages behind and read one page (page 49 I think) and so I stopped and went to the current page and saw GATA was lynched.  So what was the point? 
  • CTMs reaction of not wanting to a conversion game seemed genuine to me, but still doesn't mean he can't be scummy.  I'm taking a wait see approach to him.   
  • My agreeing with SMC about the the conversions stopping have nothing to do with SMC's play.  I have no read on him.  I was referring to CTM's play might be more involved if the conversions have stopped as SMC suggests.

Posting your reads will help the game. Everybody knows that reads change as the game unfolds, but where you are at today will help us figure out if that matches where you are at tomorrow. I iso'd you and so far you have posted very little game related content. 

Maybe CTM is telling the truth. Maybe he isn't. The thing to keep in mind is that nobody playing this game will ever mind being questioned over their behavior and it will all wash out sooner or later. 

SMC's speculation is fine (it's a 5 v. 15 situation btw, not 5 v. 19) and his iso looks towny to me. Maybe he's right about the numbers, but it's always best to not get too comfortable with speculative numbers as any surprises can bite you in the... well, you know. Though I do appreciate SMC trying to clarify things as it makes it harder for scum to fear monger, and he's usually got a good bead on what's happening. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Leelou said:

SMC has like 20 posts which are all fairly neutral, a lot of which were talking about old games. How do you have a town read on him? 

Go back and rr his posts. he's laying out plenty of opinion and staying consistent in his reasoning. He's solid town for me right now.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Yeah his tone seems pretty out of the game. Not sure if that makes him town or another vamp though. 

I was trying to do a reread on my work laptop, but damn that thing hates JN. Took me 3 minutes to be able to reply to Drums. 

So far I lean town.

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why are you so confident of this?

40 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’d like to know this too

Because CTM, at least in my experience with him, does not like "appeal to emotion" plays, so I'm reading sincerity in him speaking about the game and the fact that he mentioned subbing really seals it for me right now.  Like Nyn said, he shouldn't have even mentioned it, but there's no way (imo) that CTM says that as scum.

Just my impression, but I'm pretty confident.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Cool. Still don’t see how Wes got that from your posts. 

I'd never lie to you, Leelou, unless I was scum and had to, but that's besides the point.

Regardless of town read, we're all in information gathering stage with the game essentially re-set.  For me, there was early CTM vote and then a quick train on Lizzie, which seems like a counter. Can't be sure if it means anything, but it's something.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, DPR said:

Go back and rr his posts. he's laying out plenty of opinion and staying consistent in his reasoning. He's solid town for me right now.

I just did.  Most of his posts are either setup speculation (NAI) or talking about the past as he catches back up with everybody.  He's got a few about CTM and the GATA train / switch to Lizzie (if I recall properly), but nothing that really shows me he's town.  I have no actual read on him yet.

I know you weren't talking to me here, but it piqued my interest.

• Upvote 2

Official Vote Count:

AJ (3) - Stark, CTM, 32EBoozer

CTM (4) - SMC, Hess, Barry, DPR

Lizzie (7) - Nyn, AVM, Verbal, JC, 80, Beaver, JIF

Stark (1) - AJ

Beaver (2) - Jvill, Lizzie

DPR (1) - Leelou

With 19 reapers alive, it takes 10 to lynch

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

So far I lean town.

Because CTM, at least in my experience with him, does not like "appeal to emotion" plays, so I'm reading sincerity in him speaking about the game and the fact that he mentioned subbing really seals it for me right now.  Like Nyn said, he shouldn't have even mentioned it, but there's no way (imo) that CTM says that as scum.

Just my impression, but I'm pretty confident.

Ok but why not just say you're pretty confident he's town? Why specifically rule out cl?

16 minutes ago, DPR said:

Posting your reads will help the game. Everybody knows that reads change as the game unfolds, but where you are at today will help us figure out if that matches where you are at tomorrow. I iso'd you and so far you have posted very little game related content. 

Maybe CTM is telling the truth. Maybe he isn't. The thing to keep in mind is that nobody playing this game will ever mind being questioned over their behavior and it will all wash out sooner or later. 

SMC's speculation is fine (it's a 5 v. 15 situation btw, not 5 v. 19) and his iso looks towny to me. Maybe he's right about the numbers, but it's always best to not get too comfortable with speculative numbers as any surprises can bite you in the... well, you know. Though I do appreciate SMC trying to clarify things as it makes it harder for scum to fear monger, and he's usually got a good bead on what's happening. 

Right now my scum reads are CTM, Stark, and Lizard King.  I am a little iffy on JiF.    CTM and Stark were both on the GATA train and both jumped on AJ but didn't really provide a reason.  Stark is smart and usually provides better reads than he has this game.  But they are both good enough to not follow each other so if I had to pick one or the other I would go with Stark.

I don't really know Lizard King, SMC, or yourself. You were a vote of mine at the beginning only because I didn't see any reads from you.  Much like my vote on Lizard King right now.  

• Upvote 1

IMO, likely vs. unlikely candidates to have been converted:

*I obviously didn't include me on the list

**this isn't a town/scum reads list - that's coming later - it's just a list of folks I think would have made good candidates for the conversions

LIKELY

1. CTM - his apathy makes it easy to "change" his playstayle later. His lack of reads/opinions means he doesn't have to contradict anything he said earlier.

2. JC - erratic, on-off play makes him a tough read. I'm not saying he's scum - just saying he can easily keep up his current style if he's been converted.

3. Beaver - lack of content/opinions... (same as above).

4. Lee - lack of content/opinions...

5. LK - no real content. His play style *has* to change since he hasn't actually played yet.

UNLIKELY

6. A.J. - I question some things he's done, but he has played and offered lots of content. He's not a good candidate for conversion imo.

7. SMC - his content will have to change to defend scummates if he's been converted.

8. Stark - has offered too much opinion that he's likely have to backtrack on.

9. Barry - The same. His content is consistent when iso'd. 

10. Nyn - like SMC, she would have to change her content too much to make her a good candidate. 

11. Verb - same. he's been cnsustent in his reasoning and offered plenty of content and opinion. 

PLAYERS I STILL WANT TO ISO BUT DON'T HAVE TIME ATM:

12. JF80

13. JiF

14. Boozer

15. AVM

16. Hess

17. Drums

18. Jville

39 minutes ago, DPR said:

I was trying to get Lizzie to post actual content, tho not necessarily a reveal - just game related content. Then he left and I switched my vote back so that we don't rush the lynch. Had anyone else voted him, I would have removed my vote then as well. I'm in no hurry to rush the lynch, but I still think Lizzie looks really bad so far. 

What do you mean I left? I was very much involved when you switched your vote 

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I just did.  Most of his posts are either setup speculation (NAI) or talking about the past as he catches back up with everybody.  He's got a few about CTM and the GATA train / switch to Lizzie (if I recall properly), but nothing that really shows me he's town.  I have no actual read on him yet.

I know you weren't talking to me here, but it piqued my interest.

The more opinions the better!

5 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Right now my scum reads are CTM, Stark, and Lizard King.  I am a little iffy on JiF.    CTM and Stark were both on the GATA train and both jumped on AJ but didn't really provide a reason.  Stark is smart and usually provides better reads than he has this game.  But they are both good enough to not follow each other so if I had to pick one or the other I would go with Stark.

I don't really know Lizard King, SMC, or yourself. You were a vote of mine at the beginning only because I didn't see any reads from you.  Much like my vote on Lizard King right now.  

Your scum reads are as good as anyone else's and you should vote whoever you see fit - not that I need to tell you that, obviously, but please don't think I'm omgusing you with my reasoning. 

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

What do you mean I left? I was very much involved when you switched your vote 

Lol, your name disappeared from the bottom of the page and you haven't posted again until now. 

I've posted my vote change below if you want to look for yourself. 

1 hour ago, DPR said:

unvote

vote CTM

Lizzie will either start playing, or he won't and he'll swing. 

I'm going to start rr'ing to see who would have made a good conversion candidate.

Still no game related content from Lizzie - dude is just sitting around and tying his own noose. 

1. CTM - his apathy makes it easy to "change" his playstayle later. His lack of reads/opinions means he doesn't have to contradict anything he said earlier.

Bingo. Had this same thought yesterday or the day before. They’re all starting to blur together 

11 minutes ago, DPR said:

The more opinions the better!

Your scum reads are as good as anyone else's and you should vote whoever you see fit - not that I need to tell you that, obviously, but please don't think I'm omgusing you with my reasoning. 

No I don't have any issue.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

So you’re saying I made up my vote on Gata for a reveal to kill the wifom and it’s bc I was really trying to lynch her, even though I made it blatantly obv why, and you think I got scared off bc you caught me telegraphing what I was blatantly telegraphing and that made me unvote her, and that since she didn’t reveal this is tangible proof I didn’t get anything from the exercise and is somehow indicative of my  alignment? Asking for a friend. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DPR said:

Lol, your name disappeared from the bottom of the page and you haven't posted again until now. 

I've posted my vote change below if you want to look for yourself. 

Still no game related content from Lizzie - dude is just sitting around and tying his own noose. 

Even though what you’re saying is true- I went out to run for about 40 minutes - you were active and the rationale that my being away would’ve prevented you from moving a vote to stop a blind lynch doesn’t hold water 

Smart assery aside, @HessStation I’ll try to explain better. We both agree you telegraphed that switch pretty hard, you say it was on purpose I say meh, sure. You say it was to get her to reveal, I say it may have just been to run the Townie up a little closer to lynch. GATA doesn’t reveal. I call out you asking for reads, not addressing her reads, and then voting GATA with “wow didn’t see that coming”. Later you take your vote back off, make some speculation what it means she doesn’t reveal and move on.

Idk. It all just seems contrived from my POV but perhaps I don’t understand the workings of Hess yet

• Upvote 1

Why is the lizzy train slowing down?  What has he done to slow it down?  

We need to run people up and kill them if their reveals suck.  Bottom line.   People who havent gotten involved in the fray, dont have anything to defend if they're getting cased for cult.  We need to kill them off and let NA's hopefully come through to win.  The town has to be strong.  Look, reality is we have a 0% chance of winning.  This game is no different than CTM's game.  It's not designed for the town to win.  It's designed for stupid Pacturd's amusement and Blade to battle the Vamps.  So deaths are good, odds are high we hit.  Run people up, force reveals, kill people and get to the night phase and hopefully the power roles figure it out.  Otherwise, we legit have no chance.

People screaming, omg he wants to get to the night phase, yep, you're right, I do because so far, the bad stuff has happened during the day ///stares at Barry and grabs crotch. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Drums said:

The quiet ones:

Jvill- I was leaning scum, now null. I am putting this one on the back burner for now but still can't ever completely forget about this guy.

Beaver - I have a town lean on Beaver. Yesterday I thought about Beaver, especially with how bad the vamps have been that he could be a vamp (ha) but I re-read his posts and I like how he hopped off the Gata train and felt the Nolder/Gata thing was town on town. He won some points for that.

CTM - Null. Complaining a lot and does not seem happy playing. I'd rather he subbed out than we lynched a townie. 

Lizzie - Slight scum lean. Definitely raises flags, might have the best chance to be scum 

Stark - Null. Not sure how I feel about Stark yet. He has been a quiet player in all of the games I've played with him but he seems extra quiet in this game. Could be a possibility but he does typically come off as scummy, even as town.

SMC- Null. Going through some serious sh*t outside of this game so I am not going to judge him right now

So yeah, I don't have a good read on any of these people so I have to think about this one for a bit. 

ewwwwwwwwww

this is contrived and obvious set up to pile on the highest vote count.

How do have a read on any of these players? 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, DPR said:

IMO, likely vs. unlikely candidates to have been converted:

*I obviously didn't include me on the list

**this isn't a town/scum reads list - that's coming later - it's just a list of folks I think would have made good candidates for the conversions

LIKELY

1. CTM - his apathy makes it easy to "change" his playstayle later. His lack of reads/opinions means he doesn't have to contradict anything he said earlier.

2. JC - erratic, on-off play makes him a tough read. I'm not saying he's scum - just saying he can easily keep up his current style if he's been converted.

3. Beaver - lack of content/opinions... (same as above).

4. Lee - lack of content/opinions...

5. LK - no real content. His play style *has* to change since he hasn't actually played yet.

UNLIKELY

6. A.J. - I question some things he's done, but he has played and offered lots of content. He's not a good candidate for conversion imo.

7. SMC - his content will have to change to defend scummates if he's been converted.

8. Stark - has offered too much opinion that he's likely have to backtrack on.

9. Barry - The same. His content is consistent when iso'd. 

10. Nyn - like SMC, she would have to change her content too much to make her a good candidate. 

11. Verb - same. he's been cnsustent in his reasoning and offered plenty of content and opinion. 

PLAYERS I STILL WANT TO ISO BUT DON'T HAVE TIME ATM:

12. JF80

13. JiF

14. Boozer

15. AVM

16. Hess

17. Drums

18. Jville

While I was once warry, the pirate makes me feel good right now. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Even though what you’re saying is true- I went out to run for about 40 minutes - you were active and the rationale that my being away would’ve prevented you from moving a vote to stop a blind lynch doesn’t hold water 

I didn’t say blind lynch - you’ve had almost a week to make any sort of meaningful post, so a blind lynch isn’t even possible. 

I said I was trying to get you to post anything game related at all. 

Still am. 

You feel like jumping in to the game?

1 hour ago, Drums said:

The quiet ones:

Jvill- I was leaning scum, now null. I am putting this one on the back burner for now but still can't ever completely forget about this guy.

Beaver - I have a town lean on Beaver. Yesterday I thought about Beaver, especially with how bad the vamps have been that he could be a vamp (ha) but I re-read his posts and I like how he hopped off the Gata train and felt the Nolder/Gata thing was town on town. He won some points for that.

CTM - Null. Complaining a lot and does not seem happy playing. I'd rather he subbed out than we lynched a townie. 

Lizzie - Slight scum lean. Definitely raises flags, might have the best chance to be scum 

Stark - Null. Not sure how I feel about Stark yet. He has been a quiet player in all of the games I've played with him but he seems extra quiet in this game. Could be a possibility but he does typically come off as scummy, even as town.

SMC- Null. Going through some serious sh*t outside of this game so I am not going to judge him right now

So yeah, I don't have a good read on any of these people so I have to think about this one for a bit. 

Who else do you have a scum lean on?  Looks like your OK with Lizzie but then no vote.  Have another candidate?

Everyone who's not voting Lizz, should run up Drums.  Getting 2 competing trains.  I get why people are voting CTM but if he's going to win like a coward, let him but there is no way you can make heads or tails of his current play right now.  Whether it's intentional or not we shall see but I'll lose all respect for him if he's trying win like this and fwiw, that's not the CTM I know. 

Drums vs. Lizzy.  Let's narrow the piles, force action, get reveals and **** people up.  I'm not saying we have to lynch them but let's get something going.  77 pages of feels is ******* this town even more than they're already ****ed. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

I didn’t say blind lynch - you’ve had almost a week to make any sort of meaningful post, so a blind lynch isn’t even possible. 

I said I was trying to get you to post anything game related at all. 

Still am. 

You feel like jumping in to the game?

Yeah... not exactly answering my question here (intentionally I have no doubt)

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why is the lizzy train slowing down?  What has he done to slow it down?  

We need to run people up and kill them if their reveals suck.  Bottom line.   People who havent gotten involved in the fray, dont have anything to defend if they're getting cased for cult.  We need to kill them off and let NA's hopefully come through to win.  The town has to be strong.  Look, reality is we have a 0% chance of winning.  This game is no different than CTM's game.  It's not designed for the town to win.  It's designed for stupid Pacturd's amusement and Blade to battle the Vamps.  So deaths are good, odds are high we hit.  Run people up, force reveals, kill people and get to the night phase and hopefully the power roles figure it out.  Otherwise, we legit have no chance.

People screaming, omg he wants to get to the night phase, yep, you're right, I do because so far, the bad stuff has happened during the day ///stares at Barry and grabs crotch. 

bad stuff happened during the day so we need to hurry up to the night phase so we can get less information and the cults can kill/recruit people. got it.

This narrative needs to die and so does anyone pushing it.

unvote

vote JiF

• Upvote 1