Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why is it an either/or?  I don't want to vote CTM.

Competing trains. You can't vote for more than one person. LOL.

Hess started a train on you that picked up speed. Were you the sacrificial lamb for the scum team? We'll have to see.

I'm willing to vote for you, CTM and Leelou

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not trying to "game the mod" but can someone explain in general terms why voting would be paused in a game? We've seen this twice so far in this game and I've never seen in happen in a game prior to this. This being my 4th game for anyone who hasn't played w/me yet.

Did anyone answer this for you?  I wouldnt even considering this question gaming the mod, fwiw.  Sometimes mods do this to prevent from stuff happening while he's writing the scene or just simply to keep better count of votes.  Sometimes actions have multiple effect (see Lizzy as bomb) and that could be troublesome if say a hammer came while he was typing up the scene. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Competing trains. You can't vote for more than one person. LOL.

Hess started a train on you that picked up speed. Were you the sacrificial lamb for the scum team? We'll have to see.

I'm willing to vote for you, CTM and Leelou

Why does CTM have to be the competing train?  Why not Drums?

I can go Leelou too, possibly.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

That's my guess. 

Game mechanic.  Cult team likely started with 3 players with need to recruit 2 more. Given Hess' reveal, only cult leader can recruit and if, by chance, they were lynched or otherwise killed D1, Hess would be able to recruit.  Right now, I don't think it matters because they likely can't recruit anymore.

As such.

Original Scum: Hess, Player A, Player B

Scum Recruit: AJ, Player C

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why does CTM have to be the competing train?  Why not Drums?

I can go Leelou too, possibly.  

Then Leelou can be competing train.

Also, are you being a bit dense? It's to the town's benefit to 2 scum being the competing train because that means at least 1 scum is guaranteed to die

1 hour ago, Drums said:

If you guys don't mind going back and reading this post with the quotes, I'd like to know what you think. Leelou is currently neck and neck with 80 as scum for me.

After re-reading I've compiled the following thoughts (copy and pasted from a Google doc so suck it):

18) Leelou

• Got what seemed overly defensive about Barry’s comment - dude was just trying to ask questions and do the townie thing. I personally didn’t see what Barry saw (at least enough to vote her) but her “breaking the case” was noted. It wasn’t a case to me, just a comment. Yeah, Jif said "case" but who cares.
  • Voted Gata D1 - jumped and parked on the train. AJ says he asked her about it but she didn’t respond.
  • “Liked Nol’s case on me” -- Nothing on 80??
  • Threw JC in with Nolder and I, asking 80 what he thought (adding flames to the fire)
  • Hasn’t participated much the entire game 
  • Was catching up on the thread when Gata vs Nolder and some other things were happening but all she had to say was everyone needed to take a walk. I figure there was enough there to make some kind of read or at least add a thought of some kind with the type of experience she's bringing (in the Kingmaker game she was giving a lot of input and making really good observations imo)
  • Says Gata would be an informational lynch-- what information?? Never says.
  • Verbal says by D2-D3 she has as good of reads as anybody. D3, just votes DPR and doesn’t say anything
  • Calls out Verbal by saying he is underwhelming, and that he is OMGUSing everyone that mentions they might vote him. There’s more to this that I actually posted but Lee ignored it. I'd love for her to go back and clear up that post. It is right above.
  • Voted DPR D2 without saying anything but I think it’s because he thinks SMC is town? That’s not enough to vote someone IMO
  • Even Lizzie says it’s weird Lee isn’t voting. 
  • I’ve not seen her scum hunting at all, just mostly agree with a case here or there.

This is a nice effort and a solid post. 

10 minutes ago, DPR said:

This was the post i mentioned earlier that bothered me when I iso'd Lee.

For the most part, her posts are the picture of apathy - she's just not engaged in the game, which she admits. 

The part that bugs me is that she's always promising to read and catch up, but never does. She also sets up a low expectation of her doing so. 

Does it make her scum? Not in and of itself, no. Could be the CoronaBlues. But just as with CTM, if she has no interest in playing, why not just get Crusher to sub in? 

This is from this morning - more reasons why she's not playing. 

She never really explains her vote/suspicion on me and doesn't really explain what she doesn't;t like about SMC. To her credit, she did call out Hess. 

We have 80's reveal, which I think is total sh*t, but I think it's fine to run Lee up for a reveal.

I get this line of thinking but she played the same way last game as town.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Coming back to this.  I like the effort Drums has put in here since I called him for the ping.  Sometimes I have to put my ego aside, some of the newbies and I'll count last years class have different play styles than what we've developed at JN and I've pursued some players for what I find to be typical tells.  Barry last game for the "why them" post after a death.  Gata for not answering direction questions/directing town power roles.  There was another one too and I cant remember it right now but I'm starting to Drums hit a ping that is a ping for us but maybe not for this new class, similar to those other misses.  I'm going to give Boozer that benefit of the doubt as well for now.

Just parking it here for now as I knock on other doors. 

Otherwise, nailed Hess and close on his role.  Feel even better about Barry right now. Feeling better about CTM.  SMC is town.  Would like to hear from AVM.

Leelou's defense was bad.  I dont understand casing someone based on their read of a specific player.  In this case it's extra weird because it's my strongest town read. 

This is more interesting to me, referring to SMC? I'll look for that.

Also, thoughts on 80's reveal?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did anyone answer this for you?  I wouldnt even considering this question gaming the mod, fwiw.  Sometimes mods do this to prevent from stuff happening while he's writing the scene or just simply to keep better count of votes.  Sometimes actions have multiple effect (see Lizzy as bomb) and that could be troublesome if say a hammer came while he was typing up the scene. 

Exactly, and to add, @Barry McCockinner the reason PacMod paused the game was likely because Hess was one of the voters.  As such, timing is important as JiF mentioned.  If Hess is on a train leading to a lynch but Hess was killed in the voting process, then the lynch shouldn't go forward.  By pausing the votes, the lynch can't happen.  Only live players can vote so once Hess died, his vote disappears. 

• Upvote 3

Official Vote Count:

DPR (1) - Leelou

Drums (1) -  80

80 (3) - Drums, JC, SMC

Leelou (3) - CTM, JIF, DPR

Not Voting (7) - 32EBoozer, Verbal, Barry, AVM, Stark, Jvill, Beaver

With 15 reapers alive, it takes 8 to lynch

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It was just a pattern I noticed and included in my review of JiF. He pulled up those posts from 5 days earlier to state they looked harmless. Seems like an unprompted defense of 80. 

You don't see it that way?

I saw him legit defend against Verbal and Hess.  Not sure of motive.  Again, I hate to vote the same people off D1 and I know I made a mistake the last game with 80.

Interesting to look at Lizzie Lynch Vote

Lizzie (10) - Nyn, AVM, Verbal, JC, 80, Beaver, Hess, JIF, CTM, SMC

Stark (1) - AJ

Beaver (1) Lizzie

DPR (1) - Leelou

JIF (1) - 32EBoozer

Drums (1) - Stark

80 (3) - Barry, DPR, Drums 

There's 3 more scum in that group

13 minutes ago, SMC said:

Then Leelou can be competing train.

Also, are you being a bit dense? It's to the town's benefit to 2 scum being the competing train because that means at least 1 scum is guaranteed to die

I get what you're saying but I think Drums is scum.  So why not competing trains on Drums and Leelou?

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Weren't you in the last game?  Players can lie and often do lie when they reveal.  I'm not saying 80 is lying or not just that it can go either way.

Unvote

Booze wasn't in the last game but he's been in games with reveals. Feels like he might be trying to lean into the newbie narrative a bit since that's taken some of the heat off some of his more questionable posts.

Vote Booze

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That has nothing to do with the competing trains argument.  

What happened to you since you've been gone?

The universe has changed.

As to competing trains, I want one of two things for competing trains.  I want either two scum trains, or one with a scum train to expose scum by voting. So a train with you on it fits the bill either way.

11 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

VOTING PAUSED

11 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

Official Vote Count:

DPR (1) - Leelou

80 (2) - Drums, SMC

Leelou (4) - CTM, JIF, DPR, 80

Not Voting (8) - 32EBoozer, Verbal, Barry, AVM, Stark, Jvill, Beaver, JC

With 15 reapers alive, it takes 8 to lynch

12 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Booze wasn't in the last game but he's been in games with reveals. Feels like he might be trying to lean into the newbie narrative a bit since that's taken some of the heat off some of his more questionable posts.

Vote Booze

Ive been in 1 game! Not games (plural)

12 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

25 minutes ago, SMC said:

Interesting to look at Lizzie Lynch Vote

Lizzie (10) - Nyn, AVM, Verbal, JC, 80, Beaver, Hess, JIF, CTM, SMC

Stark (1) - AJ

Beaver (1) Lizzie

DPR (1) - Leelou

JIF (1) - 32EBoozer

Drums (1) - Stark

80 (3) - Barry, DPR, Drums 

There's 3 more scum in that group

There are 3 more you say? How do you know that?