Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

She's entered the "quiet ones" territory.  I'd like to lynch her and see how she flips.

I need more detail. Can you go back and read my post a few pages ago? I make some points that I'd like to hear your thoughts on.

3 hours ago, Drums said:

If you guys don't mind going back and reading this post with the quotes, I'd like to know what you think. Leelou is currently neck and neck with 80 as scum for me.

After re-reading I've compiled the following thoughts (copy and pasted from a Google doc so suck it):

18) Leelou

• Got what seemed overly defensive about Barry’s comment - dude was just trying to ask questions and do the townie thing. I personally didn’t see what Barry saw (at least enough to vote her) but her “breaking the case” was noted. It wasn’t a case to me, just a comment. Yeah, Jif said "case" but who cares.
  • Voted Gata D1 - jumped and parked on the train. AJ says he asked her about it but she didn’t respond.
  • “Liked Nol’s case on me” -- Nothing on 80??
  • Threw JC in with Nolder and I, asking 80 what he thought (adding flames to the fire)
  • Hasn’t participated much the entire game 
  • Was catching up on the thread when Gata vs Nolder and some other things were happening but all she had to say was everyone needed to take a walk. I figure there was enough there to make some kind of read or at least add a thought of some kind with the type of experience she's bringing (in the Kingmaker game she was giving a lot of input and making really good observations imo)
  • Says Gata would be an informational lynch-- what information?? Never says.
  • Verbal says by D2-D3 she has as good of reads as anybody. D3, just votes DPR and doesn’t say anything
  • Calls out Verbal by saying he is underwhelming, and that he is OMGUSing everyone that mentions they might vote him. There’s more to this that I actually posted but Lee ignored it. I'd love for her to go back and clear up that post. It is right above.
  • Voted DPR D2 without saying anything but I think it’s because he thinks SMC is town? That’s not enough to vote someone IMO
  • Even Lizzie says it’s weird Lee isn’t voting. 
  • I’ve not seen her scum hunting at all, just mostly agree with a case here or there.

I like these thoughts.  She's been hiding in plain sight.  Lets proceed with the lynch on Leelou.  

11 minutes ago, SMC said:

It should be noted that Nyn was the SK Apprentice, which may mean there is a SK out there.

This pause doesn't look like a recruitment.  More like a kill attempt.  Potentially, that attempt now may have been from the SK.

We already had a day kill from the SK though, you think they would get multiple day kills?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I understand the reasoning for all the questions on these players but (and I know i've been defending him all game) I believe 80's reveal.  Doesnt mean he wasnt converted but there is something specific about his reveal that has me believing him for now.   Besides, I dont see what running him up anymore does, he revealed.  If anything, we at least have info on him. 

Personally, I'm not feeling the "trust me until later" thing you're laying down. 

All you had to do was not post if you wanted to keep your cards to yourself, so it looks like the pure purpose of this post is to keep 80 alive? 

Seriously, please explain this.

Just now, Drums said:

I want detail 80. Real thoughts. If I could do that in my post, you can do something more than you are.

Again, this isn't the game for this.  This is a game to rack up dead bodies.  The game is happening with the Night/Day actions.  The noose is a very small part of it.  

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Mental note: I forgot that jamming the game with various components means I have to basically babysit the game. DONT DO THAT AGAIN.

No one could have possibly predicted that a cult game with roles all over the place could do something like this to the game.  Nobody.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, this isn't the game for this.  This is a game to rack up dead bodies.  The game is happening with the Night/Day actions.  The noose is a very small part of it.  

That's over man. Real mafia now. Give reads.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DPR said:

Personally, I'm not feeling the "trust me until later" thing you're laying down. 

All you had to do was not post if you wanted to keep your cards to yourself, so it looks like the pure purpose of this post is to keep 80 alive? 

Seriously, please explain this.

The even and odd piece.  It resonates with me. And if he's one of the other, he should have a counterpart no?  I'm not saying they should reveal but just sayin

• Upvote 1

Btw there's a reason Pac limited the reveals to 2 per day.  A mass reveal would destroy his game.  Its all about roles.

We only have one role reveal left today.  So that means we just need to pick someone and lynch him/her.  Competing trains barely makes any sense.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

I understand the reasoning for all the questions on these players but (and I know i've been defending him all game) I believe 80's reveal.  Doesnt mean he wasnt converted but there is something specific about his reveal that has me believing him for now.   Besides, I dont see what running him up anymore does, he revealed.  If anything, we at least have info on him. 

To Barry's point, you've appear to defend 80 every chance you get.  Care to share the specific?

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

What’s @Verb ‘s thoughts?

3 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

The dude is MIA.  His typical weekend.  I tried to talk you guys into him on Day 1.  

Same thing every game...

(but I already know Hess was killed now, so pointless to go on about)

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

^^^

I was re-reading my ping on Lee unprompted defense of nyn to see if I could find anything knowing she's apprentice sk. It seems she was changing her mind on Lee and got nervous about her. So at face value I read this as Lee is probably NOT the sk and the unprompted defense probably was just what Lee/nyn defended it to be. There is of course the possibility that nyn wants to distance herself from lee as SK after that early unprompted defense.

Usually when I try to overthink things it's the wrong way to go, so I'll rule out Lee as SK for now.

I am weary of anyone she felt good about - bolding them above (not myself). But to DPR's earlier point, she can just scum hunt because it helps her win condition and gives her town credit.

^ 80 needs to go - YUP

^ boozer FoS'd JiF - nyn didn't like it. Defense of JiF noted.

^ more on why she's good with JiF

^ I originally read this post as a joke. Knowing nyn was apprentice sk and the possibility that SK doesn't know about their apprentice - I read this as a possible signal to CTM. Of course that would mean nyn knows who the SK is but not the other way around, which seems weird.  I'll defer to veteran players on realistic game setups as I'm completely lost on that aspect of the game.

This is good all around

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not trying to "game the mod" but can someone explain in general terms why voting would be paused in a game? We've seen this twice so far in this game and I've never seen in happen in a game prior to this. This being my 4th game for anyone who hasn't played w/me yet.

I don't think I saw a response, so the rationale...

Typically when something like a day shot attempt happens, mods like to pause play since that players death can actually change the votes required to attain a lynch. If you didn't and someone got run up to what appeared to be L-1 but turned out to be a lynch...most mods don't want a big swing like that to happen as an accident. I know that's how I did it too, but every mod is different.

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

Didn’t mean to ghost, got caught up in Animal Crossing and watching tv. I just realized its way later than I thought. 

DPR’s read on SMC still isn’t sitting right with me. I could vote for drums as well. He’s been on my list for days. 

I don’t feel great about Hess or SMC with that hammer. 

Kind of thought this was a soft cop claim when Leelou voted DPR

The pirate has contributed well today, seems to be engaging and scum hunting so far...coming around on SMC, yes the drums post pings

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

does a recruited vampire know who recruited them? I was assuming they did.

I would imagine they would get invited to the cult QT, similar to a symp being found (or recalled, as would have happened a couple games ago)

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Hess aka Deacon Frost (Cult Apprentice and odd night RBer) is DEAD!

DeaconFrost-Blade

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Y’all an go f**k yourselves. I’m the Town Slut. Rolled that way ironically by Pac, of course.

On even nights I can Roleblock someone. I chose Jvill last night. No information on whether it worked or not.

I was not converted. If I was I’d out my team because cult games blow and should never exist again.

Stark or Jvill for me. Still believe the quiet ones are the Cult Leader candidates. You loudmouths are just bickering over the wrong things but are mostly town.

The timing here actually comes off really good...though I can't see if there was plenty of time in between for 80 to read and react...but doesn't seem like it?

Town having a roleblocker for only even days and cult having a role blocker for only odd days? I kind of see the ying and yang but it does seem weird.

Page 93

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

@Stark Thoughts on Lee?

@jvill 51 

I’ve mentioned this already but the inactivity argument with her doesn’t really move the needle for me, she was inactive last game and she was town. I’m more interested in a case in her based on things she’s actually done rather than things she hasn’t. Her voting DPR because she disagrees with his read on SMC for example.

Just now, jvill 51 said:

I’ve mentioned this already but the inactivity argument with her doesn’t really move the needle for me, she was inactive last game and she was town. I’m more interested in a case in her based on things she’s actually done rather than things she hasn’t. Her voting DPR because she disagrees with his read on SMC for example.

Did you read my post? It's more than inactivity..

My thoughts so far, doubt SMC is town. 

JiF, 80 most likely town.

AVM, JC, Jvill, Stark, and Verbal probably town. 

CTM is either town or a convert. 

Drums, meh not town.

Boozer, could vote there.

Something feels off about the pirate.

Can’t read Barry. 

Also could vote for Beaver.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Hess aka Deacon Frost (Cult Apprentice and odd night RBer) is DEAD!

DeaconFrost-Blade

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Y’all an go f**k yourselves. I’m the Town Slut. Rolled that way ironically by Pac, of course.

On even nights I can Roleblock someone. I chose Jvill last night. No information on whether it worked or not.

I was not converted. If I was I’d out my team because cult games blow and should never exist again.

Stark or Jvill for me. Still believe the quiet ones are the Cult Leader candidates. You loudmouths are just bickering over the wrong things but are mostly town.

I was watching the timing on this in real time and JF80's post was 1 minute after Pac's scene.

The fact that he says he can role block on even nights when the Hess role was odd nights makes it very believable to me. That would be really quick thinking on his feet to come up with it 1 minute away. I don't know if that's what JiF has been hinting at but I was thinking about this on my way home from the local brewery before I saw JiF's post.

If it's a fake reveal it's very well done and quick thinking by JF80.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I get this line of thinking but she played the same way last game as town.

This is more interesting to me, referring to SMC? I'll look for that.

Also, thoughts on 80's reveal?

Oh true. That scum meta you were asking about a few pages ago? This is what I was talking about. Thoughts ever evolve?