Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Back to this earning thing real quick; not sure how many people can earn sh*t but my assumption is that you could earn like garlic or a cross or some sh*t because Pacfag and that's why we've missed attempts and sh*t.

So far we have 2 “Ambitious” Players ( Gata & Drums ). Drums never said if he had to earn his investigation tho - only that it was 1x 

Nolder did weird sh*t too, but wasn’t listed that way

JF80 and JC made pretty obvious “earn” posts and we did have a lot of failed recruit attempts. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

So we're assuming the kills are coming from Blade and the SK's or have the Vamps been killing too or are they just recruiting? 

Vamps/Cult without a way to kill isn’t possible - that would make them a Cult Mason group lol

Just now, JiF said:

Were there 3 successful conversion or only 2?  

Only 2 and on the last conversion Pac implied it was the last.  Yet there was a subsequent scene that hinted at a conversion attempt.

As such, we're dealing with either a 3+2 or a 2+3 scenario.  HOWEVER, with both the Cult leader (Leelou) and Cult leader backup (Hess) dead it is hard to see how there is another recruit possibility, unless the recruit power was passed onto the remaining scum.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Only 2 and on the last conversion Pac implied it was the last.  Yet there was a subsequent scene that hinted at a conversion attempt.

As such, we're dealing with either a 3+2 or a 2+3 scenario.  HOWEVER, with both the Cult leader (Leelou) and Cult leader backup (Hess) dead it is hard to see how there is another recruit possibility, unless the recruit power was passed onto the remaining scum.

Do you remember what scene that was?

We Also need to hear more from our low posters - we can start running them up while we iso. 

Vote Beaver

He said he was going to be around a lot today and then vanished. He’s also been conspicuously scarce since the conversions. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SMC said:

I believe the spec informs the town strategy for whom we go after.

True, but until the mod clarifies the Blade controversy, we’re just going to muddy the water and confuse the issue. 

6 minutes ago, SMC said:

I believe there are 3 sources of death: Vampires (cult/scum), SK (Nyn + SK) and Vig (Blade).  

Based on the source material, Blade being a SK doesn't make sense. He is hunting vampires.

Yep.  Just read back, Frost killed Nyn.  So this is accurate and I agree, Blade is sucky town.  lol

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

So far we have 2 “Ambitious” Players ( Gata & Drums ). Drums never said if he had to earn his investigation tho - only that it was 1x 

Nolder did weird sh*t too, but wasn’t listed that way

JF80 and JC made pretty obvious “earn” posts and we did have a lot of failed recruit attempts. 

Yeah, just wondering if it can help us clear peeps without using reveals.  Not that they couldnt be converted, just talking out loud.

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

Vamps/Cult without a way to kill isn’t possible - that would make them a Cult Mason group lol

True.  I've been Cult without kills and I forgot Frost killed Nyn.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Didnt they attempt a recruit after we killed Leelou? 

My guess is there is 2 cult, 1 Sk left but...

Just now, DPR said:

There is too much setup spec up in the air - we need to just iso to found out who is not playing a town game. 

I was just going to say this...doesnt really matter, lets hunt.

We know we are looking for 1 SK and 1 Recruit - anything else is spec.

The SK may or may not be Blade, but it doesn’t matter - they will still be an SK with a separate wincon, so we are looking for someone who was threatened by the people that have been killed. 

The recruit will most likely have slipped at some point and showed different opinions, logic, or votes since the recruiting . 

Those are our targets for now

just to keep track of what has happened, here are all the actions so far

D1: Gata Lynched (ambitious town)
N1: Failed conversion
D2: Failed conversion (protected), Blade Killed Nolder (weak gladiator), failed conversion 2, failed conversion 3, successful conversion (Thursday at 4:53pm ), failed conversion 4, failed conversion 5, successful conversion #2 (Thursday at 10:10PM ), Lizzie (suicide bomber) lynched
N2: Nyn (SK apprentice) killed by Frost, AJ (converted vamp) killed by ???
D3: Hess (cult apprentice) killed by ?Blade? (waiting on confirmation), Lee (cult leader) lynched
N3: CTM (town vote theif) killed by Blade, Drums killed by ?cult?
D4: 

There have been no conversion attempts (failed or successful) since D2.

Hess was "Deacon Frost". Is that the same as Frost who killed Nyn?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DPR said:

We know we are looking for 1 SK and 1 Recruit - anything else is spec.

The SK may or may not be Blade, but it doesn’t matter - they will still be an SK with a separate wincon, so we are looking for someone who was threatened by the people that have been killed. 

The recruit will most likely have slipped at some point and showed different opinions, logic, or votes since the recruiting . 

Those are our targets for now

I think it does matter.

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

D2: Failed conversion (protected), Blade Killed Nolder (weak gladiator), failed conversion 2, failed conversion 3, successful conversion (Thursday at 4:53pm ), failed conversion 4, failed conversion 5, successful conversion #2 (Thursday at 10:10PM ), Lizzie (suicide bomber) lynched
D3: Hess (cult apprentice) killed by ?Blade? (waiting on confirmation), Lee (cult leader) lynched
D4: 

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

D4: 

Good breakdown.  Blade killed Hess. It's clearly in the scene.

I think Blade is the SK.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729648&pagenumber=2

He's not a surly good guy so much as a bad guy let loose on other bad guys. 

Blade isn't really a hero. He's a monster killing other monsters, it just happens that vampires are monsters who feed on humans, so we perceive him as a good guy.

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think it does matter.

“Doesn’t matter” means that no matter what, the SK’s motivation is the same - to eliminate those that threaten that player the most. 

If the SK is or isn’t Blade doesn’t matter - that motivation remains the same because they are still the SK, and we know for certain we have an SK.

if Blade is a separate player, his motivation will depend on his alignment. 

Does that make sense? They are not mutually exclusive. 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Blade killed frost was that a real question?

Yep

That means it’s very likely that Blade is the SK, which puts his motivation squarely as I described - he wants to eliminate the largest threats to himself. So we look at Nolder, Hess and CTM and find the common denominator. 

@Pac will you please update the OP with that info and Lee’s death so that players not reading will know what we are talking about? 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Did Blade kill Hess? The scene indicates he did but the list you're maintaining does't specify blade did it like it does on the other blade kills.

of course.

Who plays mafia by roster list.  Oy.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK so can we get on the same page with some things?

Blade is SK, right? That has been my understanding the entire game. 

Blade's actions are a bit erratic in when they have happened. Any explanations for this?

Blade actions:

• D1: None
  • N1: None
  • D2: Killed Nolder
  • N2: None
  • D3: KIlled Hess
  • N3: Killed CTM

N2: AJ (recruited vamp) & Nyn (backup sk) were killed but no mention of blade. Scum could have killed either but the other kill must have come from a vig?

Maybe Blade gets a kill every day after D1 and every other night after N1? And the vig gets the other NK?

Also - we still have an outstanding recruited vamp. So what we have left to kill is the following:

• 1x - scum
  • 1x - recruited vamp
  • 1x - SK

amirite?

I'll have to go back and look.  I could have sworn someone besides AJ had them in their list as top scum.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

IMO Blade is the SK based on the post I quoted from another MB about the movie earlier.

Hess accused JiF of being Blade and then ended up killed by Blade shortly after.

I think it is in the best interest of town to resolve this possibly obvious tell ASAP. It could be a setup - but we need to resolve it to be sure.

vote JiF

omg lol