Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

27 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Beaver, Boozer, or Stark.

Well when looking back at Lee’s comments prior to her lynch I need to take her opinions as a reveal of sorts. 

POST # 3389  20 hrs ago

————————————————————-//

My thoughts so far, doubt SMC is town. 

JiF, 80 most likely town.

AVM, JC, Jvill, Stark, and Verbal probably town. 

CTM is either town or a convert. 

Drums, meh not town.

Boozer, could vote there.

Something feels off about the pirate.

Can’t read Barry. 
Also could vote for Beaver.

So there you have it.

She id’s Drums as non-town  What conclusion can we draw from her comments before being revealed as SK Apprentice 

Edited by 32EBoozer
Context post #

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I thought we agreed to stop talking about it but IMO it's 3.  Vamps, SK, Blade is Vig

Not so sure I agree anymore.   I think Barry is right.  I look at the movie and think Blade would be a Vigilante and on Town's side.  But there has not been three kills in a night yet.   So I think Blade might be the SK and the cult is providing the other kills.   

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Well when looking back at Lee’s comments prior to her lynch I need to take her opinions as a reveal of sorts. 

Drums, meh not town.

Can’t read Barry. 

So there you have it.

She id’s Drums as non-town  What conclusion can we draw from her comments before being revealed as SK Apprentice 

Leelou was cult leader.  Nyn was the SK apprentice.

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do we think a converted vamp would get a NK? Because if not it seems we have a SK (blade), 1x scum (NK) & 1 converted vamp. Only one of the 2 converted vamped have turned up so far.

Most Likely Vamp Conversions (based simply on who I think Lee would go after)

• jvill
  • stark
  • JiF
  • DPR
  • AVM
  • Verb

Most Likely Scum

• JC
  • Beaver

Most Likely SK (blade)

• JiF
  • DPR

What is everyone else thinking?

my list would look like this:

SK or scum: 

Stark: His game has been weird.  I would lean more towards SK.

Jif: This is a gut feeling.  I don't have concrete evidence and part of my problem this game is i don't feel like going back and doing rereads.  Its a shame too because I do like the game Pac has created.   Nyn pinged because she was lining up votes.  I think it was CTM and then 80 but I would have to go back and look and i don't feel like it.   but her interactions with Jif made it seem like she was trying to signal him.  I could be way off here.

80 has residual pings that I can't ignore from the beginning of the game with GATA and Lizzy.

JC: I think is my top target right now.  I just did a look up of his last three pages of posts and he is not giving any real reads, but asking others what their reads are.

vote JC

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

I thought we agreed to stop talking about it but IMO it's 3.  Vamps, SK, Blade is Vig

But as Vig, Blade would align as town, so we wouldn't want to hunt him (we just want him to stop killing other townies).

Which is why I'm saying to forget Blade - he needs to just chill - and let's hunt for the SK we know we have (and that is a separate wincon than town). 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blade as SK doesn’t make sense for the theme. SK apprentice? Blade doesn’t have an apprentice.

There was no Gladiator or Town Slut in the movie either, but here we are. You know better than to hold the game too closely to the source material - Frost and Dragonetti didn't work together either. 

Better if we stay focused on player behavior and not flavor, yeah?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DPR said:

We Also need to hear more from our low posters - we can start running them up while we iso. 

Vote Beaver

He said he was going to be around a lot today and then vanished. He’s also been conspicuously scarce since the conversions. 

I will not apologize for yesterday.  It was a very nice day out.  I went fishing.  I checked occasionally on my phone while on the river.  But nice job yesterday guys.   Especially Drums.

I left earlier to go run while there was a break in the weather and stretch.  I didn't make it back in time FWIW.  Now I'm going to shower and walk the dog before the next rain comes.   Is that ok?

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

my list would look like this:

SK or scum: 

Stark: His game has been weird.  I would lean more towards SK.

Jif: This is a gut feeling.  I don't have concrete evidence and part of my problem this game is i don't feel like going back and doing rereads.  Its a shame too because I do like the game Pac has created.   Nyn pinged because she was lining up votes.  I think it was CTM and then 80 but I would have to go back and look and i don't feel like it.   but her interactions with Jif made it seem like she was trying to signal him.  I could be way off here.

80 has residual pings that I can't ignore from the beginning of the game with GATA and Lizzy.

JC: I think is my top target right now.  I just did a look up of his last three pages of posts and he is not giving any real reads, but asking others what their reads are.

vote JC

I gotta say that JC's play has been so useless that I have a hard time seeing him as anything other than salty town. 

It sucks, because he's a very astute player and he could be helping. But he evidently doesn't want to. 

I don't see a recruit or Sk making themselves that obvious.

Just now, Beaver said:

I will not apologize for yesterday.  It was a very nice day out.  I went fishing.  I checked occasionally on my phone while on the river.  But nice job yesterday guys.   Especially Drums.

I left earlier to go run while there was a break in the weather and stretch.  I didn't make it back in time FWIW.  Now I'm going to shower and walk the dog before the next rain comes.   Is that ok?

No need to get emotional lol - I just noted that you had been scarce since the conversions, which you have. 

Now you are jumping in and that's what is gong to win the game for town. It's all good. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Beaver said:

vote JC

I just got done ISO Beaver and nothing stands out.  I mean nothing, maybe a soft defense of Drums but his entire game so far has been the piggyback.  I could vote here.  Need to look at Stark and Boozer.  

It seems that the townies that have been killed have been a mix of human and vampire characters. Lizzie aka Quinn was a vampire in the movie. GATA aka Lighthammer was a vampire. Nolder aka Dieter Reinhardt was a vampire. AJ aka Wilson Hale (before conversion) was a human.

i don’t think we can say Blade is a vig and not the SK because Blade is the hero of the movie and hunts vampires, when the town pool has a bunch of vampires in it and we haven’t seen anybody but the Dragonetti cult and Blade kill anybody.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

POST # 3389  20 hrs ago

————————————————————-//

Drums, meh not town.

Can’t read Barry. 

So there you have it.

bro what is this, you know you can click the quote button and respond to a post, right? That way we can click back to it. 

This is a good post to highlight though. She probably wasn't going to list her last recruit as scum. So by POE we can say the last cult recruit is in the bolded.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

bro what is this, you know you can click the quote button and respond to a post, right? That way we can click back to it. 

This is a good post to highlight though. She probably wasn't going to list her last recruit as scum. So by POE we can say the last cult recruit is in the bolded.

Was about to make the exact same post

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

It seems that the townies that have been killed have been a mix of human and vampire characters. Lizzie aka Quinn was a vampire in the movie. GATA aka Lighthammer was a vampire. Nolder aka Dieter Reinhardt was a vampire. AJ aka Wilson Hale (before conversion) was a human.

i don’t think we can say Blade is a vig and not the SK because Blade is the hero of the movie and hunts vampires, when the town pool has a bunch of vampires in it and we haven’t seen anybody but the Dragonetti cult and Blade kill anybody.

Guys... seriously... please stop looking at the flavor as a determining factor and just judge people by whether or not they are playing a town game. Flavor spec will only lead to confusion and disappointment.

At some point we're going to have to look at focusing on flavor as anti-town play. 

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You’re right. My bad. I’ll do it that way for reference

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

Guys... seriously... please stop looking at the flavor as a determining factor and just judge people by whether or not they are playing a town game. Flavor spec will only lead to confusion and disappointment.

At some point we're going to have to look at focusing on flavor as anti-town play. 

GFY. Give me flavor or give me death!!!

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

POST # 3389  20 hrs ago

————————————————————-//

Drums, meh not town.

Can’t read Barry. 

So there you have it.

Bolded again (as Barry did) to highlight our pool.

Out of JiF and 80, one is likely scum. I know where I'm at on this one, but I defer to the crowd's greater wisdom. 

I'm gonna iso AVM now

21 hours ago, Leelou said:

Drums, meh not town.

Can’t read Barry. 

Good for discussion. Interesting insight into the Cult Leaders game play

56 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So there you have it.

Just ISO EBoozer.  Similar to Beaver, too clean.  Did vote A.J at one point on D2 but changed it.  Looking at the vote counts has managed to miss each lynch trains.  Maybe too new to the game.  Also, I doubt Leelou recruits him. 

45 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Just ISO EBoozer.  Similar to Beaver, too clean.  Did vote A.J at one point on D2 but changed it.  Looking at the vote counts has managed to miss each lynch trains.  Maybe too new to the game.  Also, I doubt Leelou recruits him. 

Yea - I think it's highly unlikely Lee recruits a noob. I also think it's highly unlikely Pac (or any mod) gives a noob SK (reckless/game breaking potential) but I guess that would be gaming the mod (still not sure I am using this phrase correctly) so I'll leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DPR said:

I think you're misunderstanding (or I didn't explain well enough) my point, which was that we can't rely on the flavor/theme to determine Blade's alignment, only what has or hasn't happened in the actual game.

49 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Hopefully you're better at fishing than hunting (scum)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stark said:

Vote BEAVER

good night

Just got done with ISO of Stark.  Funny phone posts, did have more game play than the others but similar post counts.  Had Lee and Nyn as town.  Pushed both Hess and A.J. as scum.  More likely SK than convert IMO.  

Vote Stark

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2020 at 9:28 AM, AVM said:

This one Saturday night. Can’t really read in to who was in the thread - assuming its legit and not an accident - as the request would have likely been in a QT.

Only thing worth noting would be that if a vote control it came right after two votes on Verb - could have been an attempt to capitalize on lynching verb for the lulz? Doesnt make me feel one way or another about leelou, 80 or nyn even if so.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:44 AM, AVM said:

The only question around it right now is why it looks copy/pasted in - Jif pointed it out, I cant see the formatting.

bleh...with the other stuff going on this seems weak.

There’s a reason I post what page I’m on when I do long multi-post/multi-page catch ups...unless theres a change in phase from night to day I like to catch up naturally. 

Now if your point is she posted “in real-time” and missed Verb then went backwards in quotes I think I could see that...but it didn’t seem that way to me? And even then, I’ve gone back over pages a couple times this morning to try and make sure I’m following...liked older posts and such as I re-read a second time. But it seemed like to me Nyn was catching up and it showed with her timestapped quotes?

On 4/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, AVM said:

Yeah, I'm not voting drums today

On 4/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, AVM said:

The last two hours? Work - which I have to go back to in a sec lmao

image.jpeg.859fa109141c6d5a8a1330f5d2139537.jpeg

Sigh, well membership was pretty full up but I guess the League of Chaos could always use another cold, emotionless member hell bent on driving others insane with elaborate plots that never pan out.

Though we're starting to sound more like villains from Scooby Doo than actual Agents of Chaos.

I'm more angry that I don't have a good comeback than I am that you posted these scarring memories, but thanks for reminding me I perfectly fine without sports. Don't need 'em. Not one bit.

h8usomuch

On 4/16/2020 at 2:01 PM, AVM said:

What are your thoughts?

Here are mine:

Pac is clearly doing scenes for every attempt to remove a player/change a players faction -- so if someone was shot at last night and protected, we'd know. Seems likely that yes...80 was right it's cult vs. town...vs. Blade? Possible Blade is an SK type, I think it was JiF that mentioned this above? I remember in the intro notes or the sign-up thread Pac mentioned not to reveal characters and even if you did it would be detrimental to those who had watched the movie...

I was imagining GATA's "prize" was a BPV - or equivalent - if Blade is the equivalent of an SK here (coloring hints that, too)...that sort of fits.

That would also explain why Nol was a good target...for an SK.

I wonder if the vamps have multiple powers and they have to trade them off for conversion attempts? Just wondering if it's the ying to the yang of Gata and maybe others being able to "earn" something. Regardless, I do think we should poke at the folks laying low.

vote Lizzie

I'd be fine with jville/drums/folks in that range too...and after all the wailing from CTM/DPR yesterday about information won't mean anything now that it does...I would want to see a big pick up or throw them to the fire.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:11 PM, AVM said:

He’s got more posts than me and has been quite active, surprised no one said this before now - I used the post count list for when I made that so I’m honestly not sure why he was there, maybe he was a row up at the time? Not sure.

Regardless SMC would be more appropriate, and I’d revise my list to him rather than drums. The second group of “Id be fine with” is meant to be inactives, to clarify.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:26 PM, AVM said:

Disclaimer that I spotlighted Pac's posts, so I may have missed some updates from Decker in between. Also note Hess put Gata at L-3 shortly after I voted her (which Pac did a VC of)...Gata did an unofficial once, so I grabbed that instead. Also a disclaimer that I'm copy/pasting in from some VC's so there's some of that weird formatting stuff again

Stall vs Final for GATA:

Stalled - Gata (9) - Lizzie, AJ, Jvill, Drums, Stark, Beaver, Leelou, AVM, Hess
Final - Gata (12) - Lizzie, jvill, Stark, Leelou, AVM, Nolder, JIF, 80, CTM, AJ, SMC, JC

Notes:

• Hess and AJ both jumped off and back on - Hess twice
    • sub-note that I had thought JiF had been on GATA before me but didn't catch that here...possible he was on prior to the first one I grabbed
  • Beaver and Drums dropped off, didn't come back on
  • During the VC's grabbed Lizzie, jville, Stark, Leelou, AVM, Nol and JiF parked on GATA and didn't move for essentially 48 hours
    • May be missing data points but 80 and CTM added and parked there no later than 10PM-ish the night before she was lynched
  • SMC and JC the only two "new" people at the very end

Stall vs current for Lizzie:

Stalled - Lizzie (7) - Nyn, AVM, Verbal, JC, 80, Beaver, JIF
Current - 
Lizzie (7) - Nyn, AVM, Verbal, JC, 80, Beaver, Hess

Notes:

• 6 players have parked here and not moved - Nyn, AVM, Verb, JC, 80 and Beaver
  • JiF and Hess have changed over the past 24 hours or so

Combined notes/thoughts:

• AVM (me) the only to park and stay on both, though I'd give 80 a sort of given he parked on Gata so late
  • AVM (me), 80 and JC the only 3 on the final GATA, stalled Lizzie and current Lizzie
  • Boozer, Barry, DPR the only names not present on any of the 3 trains - someone correct me if wrong
  • Worth noting there have been conversions between stalled Lizzie and current Lizzie...so the data up to and including the Lizzie stall should be good with some concerns after that...but it's only a flip between JiF and Hess

On 4/17/2020 at 2:39 PM, AVM said:

It is..both times were really quick. Not sure why you're defensive, it comes across as a good look IMO

On 4/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, HessStation said:

Not defensive, i honestly didn’t even remember and was wondering if I had my vote moved too

On 4/17/2020 at 2:41 PM, AVM said:

Ahhh, okay, that explains it...

Also brings up an important point we haven't addressed all day...was anyones vote ever controlled?

22 hours ago, AVM said:

*Just want to be transparent that I did check the vote count before catching up with so much having happened...I'm pretty sure voting is paused again but didn't get a good sense so trying to catch up genuinely*

This is so disingenuous I almost start going down the "even 80 wouldn't be this obvious as scum" route...

Now at the top of the list, but won't vote til I catch up since he already had votes..

DPR got to this in a quote in a bit, but kind of struck me as a back-up...Pac has had back-up cop and doc in games before to prevent the game breaking on D1

Disagree on 80, agree on two trains and using the game mechanic Pac has offered us

I think I agree with this yeah...but having a disconnected SK + apprentice in a game of this size seems like barely a step up from the disadvantage an SK usually starts with. Would think they'd know who each other was (or maybe just Nyn would?)...might be something worth digging in on.

Why on JiF, agree on 80, but this is kind of gross..

Cult seemingly can't recruit anymore based on Pac's scenes, right? So eliminating Blade would be preferred, especially since he's lost his backup..

Through page 91

22 hours ago, AVM said:

Same thing every game...

(but I already know Hess was killed now, so pointless to go on about)

This is good all around

I don't think I saw a response, so the rationale...

Typically when something like a day shot attempt happens, mods like to pause play since that players death can actually change the votes required to attain a lynch. If you didn't and someone got run up to what appeared to be L-1 but turned out to be a lynch...most mods don't want a big swing like that to happen as an accident. I know that's how I did it too, but every mod is different.

Kind of thought this was a soft cop claim when Leelou voted DPR

The pirate has contributed well today, seems to be engaging and scum hunting so far...coming around on SMC, yes the drums post pings

I would imagine they would get invited to the cult QT, similar to a symp being found (or recalled, as would have happened a couple games ago)

The timing here actually comes off really good...though I can't see if there was plenty of time in between for 80 to read and react...but doesn't seem like it?

Town having a roleblocker for only even days and cult having a role blocker for only odd days? I kind of see the ying and yang but it does seem weird.

Page 93

21 hours ago, AVM said:

Do you have a PR to post like Pac in a game he's disinterested in?

Because you're posting like Pac in a game he's disinterested in.

hm..

I agree Leelou has been too subdued and makes for a good CL or recruit target to date..especially after dropping a vote, leaving and coming back to say eh just a suspicion (basically)

Yes and seemingly in line with Nyn...

Does make me think there's something to the notion of roles across town/team(s) that balance each other...

Gross, gross, good.

But still feeling better based on the timing of the reveal and Barry re-sparking the thinking I had that there are similar roles across teams. Would explain why Pac, who is seemingly going to great measures to makes sure a game this complex cannot easily be broken, allowed some role reveals but only 2 a day...risk/reward behind the run-up and claim.

I like this, but it's half done...need to look at both this train and the D1 train with the new info

Starting to disagree with this, but I'll hear you out..

This in regards to the "3 more scum in the Lizzie lynch" group...I think there's absolutely at least 2, possibly 3 yes. Again, why it would be nice to go back and look at both trains

Well we know a bit more to help fine-tune the math...

Yes, cult started with at least two (based on Hess' flip) so we're at 2-4 there. SK started with two, based on Nyn's flip...so we're likely looking at starting with either 17 town, 2 cult, 2 SK or 16 town, 2 cult, 2 SK...important for looking back at votes prior to the conversions (specifically GATA)

Once converted/max out for cult would then either be 14 town, 5 cult, 2 SK or 15 town, 4 cult, 2 SK

We also haven't gone back to the vote controller thing..

At least you all are making the best of it - soon to be happy anniversary, sorry the day hasn't turned out like planned

I don't think may, I don't see how it doesn't confirm - especially with the kills we've seen thus far and the scenes we've been provided

Only way you're cult is two ways:

You've been converted and you/Hess were bussing

Somehow you're a roleblocker for an SK team? Doesn't make sense though...so it seems like town or convert...

I 100% believe the reveal though, and of the possible candidates for recruits I don't think someone who is easily lynched is the best...so I'm flipping back to town on 80.

Page 96