Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you can right click on the "share this post" icon in the top right and open the post in a new thread. Then you can quote/multiquote there.

Yeah but when you do that it just brings you to that post in the larger full game thread. Then you still have to sift through the rest of the thread to grab the other quotes.

29 minutes ago, Stark said:

Im not scum. AND remember how I said you should take your reads and flip them 180 degrees, and then you would be decent at mafia. That statement still holds true. 

its not just today, its almost always the weekends. at least someone read this stuff. 

I am the town Bookie. I can earn 1 of 2 advantages in the game if I play my role correctly. 

2 reveal

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Stark said:

Im not scum. AND remember how I said you should take your reads and flip them 180 degrees, and then you would be decent at mafia. That statement still holds true. 

its not just today, its almost always the weekends. at least someone read this stuff. 

I am the town Bookie. I can earn 1 of 2 advantages in the game if I play my role correctly. 

Stark, why reveal now if you can earn advantages if you play roll correctly. 

Please explain.

Just now, Pac said:

NO REVEALS LEFT TODAY

Nazi

4 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Yeah but when you do that it just brings you to that post in the larger full game thread. Then you still have to sift through the rest of the thread to grab the other quotes.

if you open it in another tab you still have your focused player tab you can't quote from, and your specific post tab you can quote from. If you want to quote many posts from the same user just hit the plus sign on the new tab to multi-quote, then close the tab and go back to your player focused list. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

you haven't provided much info at all. You also haven't been on any trains are playing what appears extremely cautious

hess voted himself 5th post of game 

oh I mentioned this early too

you vote hess for this about 6 pages after his self vote on page 1... reasoning and timing feel off

hess comments on your vote

you then unvote a few posts of yours later

end of Gata and this was your response to JiF's "damn!" post

no real reads just going with the flow

yes me too and I have at least provided reads and have nailed 2 and been wrong on 2

your reads were wrong here, and I am town. so you're reading townies as scum. you commented on how me voting AJ but not really providing a reason, I think I lost the lengthy explanation post when phone browser messed up but that was another scum I called.

if people want to weed out lower post activity I understand. I revealed a couple of posts ago. @Barry McCockinner asked me where I would start today (last night). I said beaver. Im at L-2 pretty quick so it is what it is.

Beaver, JC   .... I also am not liking the way @JiF started today with "who's left, I got this... but then came back with I only have town reads".

I don't have time to case jif right now and probably not today. 

anyway that's why I wanted to start with beaver. and where I am at as of now.

Good post - I especially like it because Hess is a total psychopath and would definitely call out his cult mate like that.

JC/Beaver sound good to me. Need to take a closer look at both.

42 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Ok, so just read back through Lee's game.

Here's the last reads list. Everything after is screenshots, was just easier to do it that way rather than sift through 100+ pages and multi-quoting.

1437631218_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_30_38PM.png.393642af28373740a192ded7fdc6e6fb.png

If the choice was Lizzie or Stark she'd choose Lizzie.

1745969777_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_32_15PM.png.161af10e8dc1a8687a342b635ba7823a.png

Me, AVM, JiF, and Stark stay consistent from her earlier reads to her last reads list. Interestingly JC would later move from an early "could vote" to a later "probably town".

2039929002_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_33_02PM.png.acc8037bf2e0201b715bf8e48d42c85f.png

Interaction with Stark here. Thinks they're on the same page. Buddying maybe?

1138406040_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_33_34PM.png.01f77c3aab7921267ad747654174ef72.png

JC was in her early top 3 scum.

1048304202_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_34_34PM.png.56b260b35eaef0eeead622cba621f2fc.png

Verb was reading her as scum early, says he reads her as well as anybody by D2 or D3. Wish he was around yesterday to see if that read had changed.

1892787496_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_39_01PM.thumb.png.b7ef0da7b3c106893de6013177f4bd3c.png

JC was a top 3 scum read early and a "could vote", now he's a hard one to read. I checked the timing of this post and it came a few minutes after Pac paused the voting. Successful conversion would follow.

1494808012_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_39_42PM.thumb.png.f07cd6f6daa47c285dfde630bfbcf5a0.png

Defends me here.

1657815638_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_58_41PM.thumb.png.9decfbdccc3310ef52dedf13cb8dccf5.png

Endorses JiF's plan to lynch Lizzie or Drums. Throws in some stuff to feed the ego. Then votes Drums. I read this more as ego-feeding JiF and adding momentum to a plan that would see two townies get lynched than actual coordination between Lee and JiF. Drums' top 2 scum reads were Lee and JC. There's also the weird voting DPR because he read SMC as town thing.

431658191_ScreenShot2020-04-19at1_59_14PM.thumb.png.f7528d7084a5da087bcaf9b201f6389a.png

Some more shade on SMC, but again uses that to throw shade on DPR.

Good analysis but wrong.  Leelou did not convert me.  She's has more refinement than that.  If anything I would suggest she did it on purpose to protect her converts.  More likely AVM or Verbal.  

On 4/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Y’all an go f**k yourselves. I’m the Town Slut. Rolled that way ironically by Pac, of course.

On even nights I can Roleblock someone. I chose Jvill last night. No information on whether it worked or not.

I was not converted. If I was I’d out my team because cult games blow and should never exist again.

Stark or Jvill for me. Still believe the quiet ones are the Cult Leader candidates. You loudmouths are just bickering over the wrong things but are mostly town.

Time to go back and review this post. Was never really taken up by players...

Other than Jif saying something to the effect “Oh Yeah!” I’ll go back and find

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Stark, why reveal now if you can earn advantages if you play roll correctly. 

Please explain.

I’m at L-2. I’m definitely town and we can only have 2 reveals per day. I though I was the first but it looks like PAC is counting beavers. I’m just trying to be as helpful to town as I can in this circumstance. Not trying to appear to be hiding anything or misleading. 

i can’t earn my advantage if I’m dead. jville had just asked about my role and I confirmed it. I am limited with it so I haven’t used it yet. I have to guess the next lynched player correctly. If so I can choose between 2 advantages. 

im about to be back outside with the boys.  I’ll try to get back in a few hours. 

38 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Vote JC

I want to read back on his game now to see if that sways me but the way Lee's read on him flipped with minimal explanation right as a conversion was going down is suspicious enough right now.

Leelou is more experienced than most players on this board.  Again, she would not do that.  If anything she would do this as mis-information.

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lol - the vote thief revealed

did you ever use it for anything other than f'ing w/verbal? lmfao

Ffs...

at least that mystery is solved

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Your math has changed?

It seemed like it, but maybe I was confused yesterday...I thought we had two converted cult left too, must have confused a scene

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do we think a converted vamp would get a NK? Because if not it seems we have a SK (blade), 1x scum (NK) & 1 converted vamp. Only one of the 2 converted vamped have turned up so far.

Most Likely Vamp Conversions (based simply on who I think Lee would go after)

• jvill
  • stark
  • JiF
  • DPR
  • AVM
  • Verb

Most Likely Scum

• JC
  • Beaver

Most Likely SK (blade)

• JiF
  • DPR

What is everyone else thinking?

Not as easy as "who would Leelou (or Hess) want to convert"

Were there 3 failed attempts? 4? Either way, it's not as simple as that and they clearly just wanted to convert anyone at some point

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Pretty sure it's got more to do with; 2 Stouts, 2 Glasses of white, 2 moscow mules and 10 bourbons but sure. 

Beer to bourbon, you're feeling flurbin

5 hours ago, SMC said:

Yes, from a pure mechanics standpoint.  PacMod's subsequent scenes showed 2 conversions and the last one said it might be the last.

The bottom line is that a game with 21 players, there has to be 5 scum for balance as you know.  In a cult game, you can't have recruiting that exceeds that amount in addition to having kills (which we've seen).  One caveat is that if there is another recruitment, that would mean scum started at 2 (Leelou & Hess) then recruited 3.  Either way, it can be no more than 2.

As to SK, Nyn was a SK apprentice, so there has to be a main SK.

Good post. There is absolutely an SK, it makes no sense for there not to be when there is an apprentice in Nyn confirmed and there have been extra deaths

32 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Good information from post earlier. I don’t know why Stark being flag poled while not really here? Lees posts should be our sole focus now. I have JC and 2 others on my list. Since the other two aren’t strongly been given attention I’ll join you on JC

VOTE Jetscode1

Funny how we vote him and BOOM! like that he's here.  

40 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There's a better way now - the second icon to the left of the quote button is a magnifying glass. It allows you to see all posts by that user in the current thread.

You're a genius! Never knew that. 

33 minutes ago, DPR said:

Anyone - is it typical these days for mods to make up their own roles and throw rewards in? 

Slut and Bookie are not typical roles, and that’s fine, just a bit weird. It’s also odd that some people have to earn their “powers” but some don’t. 

it’s confusing

I don't think I have played with either.   

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bookie

Could be either alignment.  May change how I calculated the remaining numbers.

80 said slut but only found the one reference.

https://epicmafia.com/role/1811

Also found the mafia hooker which is similar in name but a mafia role.  

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hooker

If anything, puts 80 back in discussion.  

Unvote.

5 hours ago, DPR said:

So far we have 2 “Ambitious” Players ( Gata & Drums ). Drums never said if he had to earn his investigation tho - only that it was 1x 

Nolder did weird sh*t too, but wasn’t listed that way

JF80 and JC made pretty obvious “earn” posts and we did have a lot of failed recruit attempts. 

80 sticks out as different, since he's claimed a role - not an ambitious role - and is stating he can slut it up again tonight

that said, 80 also does things that stick out and look like signaling or trying to earn something every game so it doesn't mean that much...JC obviously yes.

Starting to feel like there are no "regular" townies based on everyone flipping at LEAST ambitious so far, more on that in a sec..

5 hours ago, DPR said:

There is too much setup spec up in the air - we need to just iso to found out who is not playing a town game. 

Fair enough, and we have the numbers in our favor and a lot of post conversion data to look at

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

My two cents is Blade is the Vig.

Probably have one scum (cult) and one SK remaining.  

I've gone back and forth on this a few times, but think I agree with this now

3 hours ago, Beaver said:

go for it.  I'm town and not a power role player so there is no loss if I die.

So, this isn't exactly claiming VT but kind of comes off that way? At the very least I'd expect some sort of ambitious thing here and as noted yesterday I forgot beaver was playing for a bit

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blade as SK doesn’t make sense for the theme. SK apprentice? Blade doesn’t have an apprentice.

^^excellent point, fully in the vig camp now

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Whichever.... she wasn’t Town! She was seeking to lynch Town and protect Scum. 

So it was early and more likely Nyn was trying to gain cred by appearing to be doing legitimate hunting. And she wouldn't win with Leelou, she'd win with SK.

All this to say...this doesn't read like someone getting coaching and does seem genuine. Makes me feel good about Boozer, especially when paired with him not on either townie lynch train D1 or D2

• Upvote 1

Good catch Deck..  VOTING PAUSED RIGHT HERE.

Official Vote Count:

Beaver (1) - Stark

Stark (4) - 80, JIF, SMC, Beaver

JIF (1) - Barry

JC (2) - Jvill, 32EBoozer

With 12 reapers alive, it takes 7 to lynch

• Sympathy 1

After careful consideration the decision was made...

Even the greatest warriors have vulnerabilities and Blade was no different.  After suffering an earlier attack he was weakened.

something else blade GIF by BBQ Films

Blade fought valiantly but in the end succumbed to the attacker.

His successful kills were a bit of an aberration in this town.  He played with courage, fortitude, and a warriors spirit..

Sadly in the end it was not enough...

SMC, aka Blade (Town Vig with 3 shots and a Vest) is DEAD!

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

JiF is in my town pile.  I've had 80 both ways (that slut).  AVM and Verb both have history with Leelou and could see her converting either.

Again, the history bit is tough here...people keep overlooking failed conversions...

2 hours ago, DPR said:

AVM highlights above - overall, his tone remains the same throughout. He makes good analysis in some, and keeps a very reasonable perspective.He even makes a few observations that are clearly bad for the cult team - not seeing him as a convert.

Based on this, AVM is in my town pile.

There are some very revealing details about others tho - I'd be very interested to get peoples thoughts on a cold read of the above posts to see if we see the same things. 

Based solely on train placement, SMC looks bad (but so did CTM) and Barry/Boozer look pretty good.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Vote: Stark

I like going back to basics here and there are at 2 scum plus SK hiding and it's likely in the weeds of the roster.  JC has mastered that as scum as an example. It's so easy to overlook the low-info players.

Of the low volume posters, Stark was the pick? I've already seen Starks reveal but why wouldn't it be beaver or jvill?

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Seems like a pretty hard role to make up. Again, could be converted...but it's better than the nothing we got from beaver

47 minutes ago, DPR said:

Anyone - is it typical these days for mods to make up their own roles and throw rewards in? 

Slut and Bookie are not typical roles, and that’s fine, just a bit weird. It’s also odd that some people have to earn their “powers” but some don’t. 

it’s confusing

I can't speak to "these days" but it's very Pac