Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

After careful consideration the decision was made...

Even the greatest warriors have vulnerabilities and Blade was no different.  After suffering an earlier attack he was weakened.

something else blade GIF by BBQ Films

Blade fought valiantly but in the end succumbed to the attacker.

His successful kills were a bit of an aberration in this town.  He played with courage, fortitude, and a warriors spirit..

Sadly in the end it was not enough...

SMC, aka Blade (Town Vig with 3 shots and a Vest) is DEAD!

I was getting ready to make an SMC case secondary to beaver, so...that was wrong lol

vote beaver

Good luck, town!

Thank you all for the distraction.  I thoroughly enjoyed killing Nolder, Hess and CTM (and hammering Lizzie).

I didn't want to mention it, but yesterday and today I've played with a heavy heart.

After a two week battle against COVID19, my father lost his fight yesterday at 3 pm.  I, and my family, spent most of the afternoon trying to get a funeral home to take his body from the nursing home, but everyone we called in NYC turned us down. Fortunately, my sister found a funeral home in West Nyack to take his body and we'll have services later in the week.

I told this to PacMod yesterday but didn't want to mention it in the game thread because I didn't want to affect the game.  I appreciate PacMod's support and discretion.

Lastly, as I mentioned in the Mafia Mod thread, I'm interesting in modding a game again after a 7 year hiatus.

Now onto MY THREAD!

• Sympathy 3

7 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I don't think I have played with either.   

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bookie

Could be either alignment.  May change how I calculated the remaining numbers.

80 said slut but only found the one reference.

https://epicmafia.com/role/1811

Also found the mafia hooker which is similar in name but a mafia role.  

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hooker

If anything, puts 80 back in discussion.  

Unvote.

This is a good post - I wasn't familiar with those.

There's a whole lot of negative utility stacked against the town.

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

Again, the history bit is tough here...people keep overlooking failed conversions...

We don't really know what the failed conversions mean other then they failed. Aside from the first failed conversion that specified "protected" the rest simply say failed (or something to that effect). Are you suggesting that Lee would give up on a player after one failed attempt? Why would she?

Just now, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Thank you all for the distraction.  I thoroughly enjoyed killing Nolder, Hess and CTM (and hammering Lizzie).

I didn't want to mention it, but yesterday and today I've played with a heavy heart.

After a two week battle against COVID19, my father lost his fight yesterday at 3 pm.  I, and my family, spent most of the afternoon trying to get a funeral home to take his body from the nursing home, but everyone we called in NYC turned us down. Fortunately, my sister found a funeral home in West Nyack to take his body and we'll have services later in the week.

I told this to PacMod yesterday but didn't want to mention it in the game thread because I didn't want to affect the game.  I appreciate PacMod's support and discretion.

Lastly, as I mentioned in the Mafia Mod thread, I'm interesting in modding a game again after a 7 year hiatus.

Now onto MY THREAD!

I'm so sorry man. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours, can't imagine.

Glad this game can be a distraction. Was really good to play with ya again - can't wait for a SModC game again

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Now onto MY THREAD!

My condolences SMC. I don’t know anyone whom this has affected in this way.

I’m sorry for you and your families loss

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Now onto MY THREAD!

Sorry for your loss SMC.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Now onto MY THREAD!

Sorry for your loss :( 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We don't really know what the failed conversions mean other then they failed. Aside from the first failed conversion that specified "protected" the rest simply say failed (or something to that effect). Are you suggesting that Lee would give up on a player after one failed attempt? Why would she?

So...this is a really good point actually..let me type out my thoughts, maybe I'm thinking too narrowly. I'm thinking of this how I've done a cult game in the past. In that one, certain roles/characters could not be converted - such as the scum team...since conversion of scum would reek havoc in a way that's hard to balance.

My thinking is that's the same case here - seeing as how Nyn was scum and, to the points on who would be convert targets, I think she would have been.

That said, it's just as likely it's a percentage based thing...or there's another mechanic behind it. My rationale was they'd not risk failing attempts but I never stopped to think about the number of attempts they got. I also had been thinking the vamps had the vote control power - and others - but had to give them up for convert attempts. Fit with what else we know. But I hadn't challenged that thinking since CTMs flip...so it's a fair point.

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

So...this is a really good point actually..let me type out my thoughts, maybe I'm thinking too narrowly. I'm thinking of this how I've done a cult game in the past. In that one, certain roles/characters could not be converted - such as the scum team...since conversion of scum would reek havoc in a way that's hard to balance.

My thinking is that's the same case here - seeing as how Nyn was scum and, to the points on who would be convert targets, I think she would have been.

That said, it's just as likely it's a percentage based thing...or there's another mechanic behind it. My rationale was they'd not risk failing attempts but I never stopped to think about the number of attempts they got. I also had been thinking the vamps had the vote control power - and others - but had to give them up for convert attempts. Fit with what else we know. But I hadn't challenged that thinking since CTMs flip...so it's a fair point.

So your saying that failed conversion attempts could have been because certain players were restricted - Nyn for example might have been an attempt, but it failed because of her role as SK apprentice? Which, in turn, would set her up as a good kill prospect, same as Blade. Is this what you're thinking?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Beaver vs. Stark is are solid competing trains.

JiFs trains have been assssssssss so far, but I don't mind this one. 

4 hours ago, Beaver said:

go for it.  I'm town and not a power role player so there is no loss if I die.

Why the F did you feel the need to say this with 2 little votes on you? 

Guys - if you're town - since we only get 2 reveals per day - don't do this ish until you're at L-2. It should be considered anti-town at this point.

Also

vote beaver

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

So your saying that failed conversion attempts could have been because certain players were restricted - Nyn for example might have been an attempt, but it failed because of her role as SK apprentice? Which, in turn, would set her up as a good kill prospect, same as Blade. Is this what you're thinking?

I was thinking the "protected" conversion fail was exactly this.

42 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I don't think I have played with either.   

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bookie

Could be either alignment.  May change how I calculated the remaining numbers.

80 said slut but only found the one reference.

https://epicmafia.com/role/1811

Also found the mafia hooker which is similar in name but a mafia role.  

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hooker

If anything, puts 80 back in discussion.  

Unvote.

Has anyone else ever heard of this town slut BS? That link you posted is the only place I could find it too. Is 80 F'ing w/us?

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JiFs trains have been assssssssss so far, but I don't mind this one. 

Why the F did you feel the need to say this with 2 little votes on you? 

Guys - if you're town - since we only get 2 reveals per day - don't do this ish until you're at L-2. It should be considered anti-town at this point.

Also

vote beaver

To be fair.  I didn't think I was really revealing anything with my role.

46 minutes ago, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Now onto MY THREAD!

❤️

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Now onto MY THREAD!

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family SMC.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stark said:

you haven't provided much info at all. You also haven't been on any trains are playing what appears extremely cautious

hess voted himself 5th post of game 

oh I mentioned this early too

you vote hess for this about 6 pages after his self vote on page 1... reasoning and timing feel off

hess comments on your vote

you then unvote a few posts of yours later

end of Gata and this was your response to JiF's "damn!" post

no real reads just going with the flow

yes me too and I have at least provided reads and have nailed 2 and been wrong on 2

your reads were wrong here, and I am town. so you're reading townies as scum. you commented on how me voting AJ but not really providing a reason, I think I lost the lengthy explanation post when phone browser messed up but that was another scum I called.

if people want to weed out lower post activity I understand. I revealed a couple of posts ago. @Barry McCockinner asked me where I would start today (last night). I said beaver. Im at L-2 pretty quick so it is what it is.

Beaver, JC   .... I also am not liking the way @JiF started today with "who's left, I got this... but then came back with I only have town reads".

I don't have time to case jif right now and probably not today. 

anyway that's why I wanted to start with beaver. and where I am at as of now.

All I’ll ask is to quote me in full.   Yes I voted GATA originally but I jumped off that train as I said it sounded like town vs town sh*te.  JiF kept pushing  Gata Train which is why I replied to him with that gif.  Your presentation is a little deceptive there.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Now onto MY THREAD!

Your Boardwalk Empire game still gets me stiff. Your Thing game made me want to cry. Ok fine, I cried. Mixed bag .

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Has anyone else ever heard of this town slut BS? That link you posted is the only place I could find it too. Is 80 F'ing w/us?

I figured out a way to get the timestamps on posts - if you use the magnifying glass to isolate a poster it shows the timestamps. So you have to do both 80 and Pac to verify this timing but I screen shotted and edited the images together. To me - this seems like a difficult thing to pull off making up  immediately. I'll just say GG to 80 if he did it.

timestamps80RoleReveal.thumb.png.ba89a49c7bdf7eb88ce9bce23871663f.png

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can't recall seeing it before.  We've had some unique roles before, someone was once made a tumbleweed.  Yeah, lol.  Went over real well.  

Could also see 80 twisting it.  He's actually Mafia hooker/prostitute but he comes up with a creative town spin off.  That was the only place google found town slut at least related to mafia games.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Good luck, town!

Now onto MY THREAD!

Sorry for your loss brother. My mother in Law also in a nursing home was diagnosed 6 days ago. Just waiting to hear wand monitoring each day. its an awful thing, our thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I can't recall seeing it before.  We've had some unique roles before, someone was once made a tumbleweed.  Yeah, lol.  Went over real well.  

Could also see 80 twisting it.  He's actually Mafia hooker/prostitute but he comes up with a creative town spin off.  That was the only place google found town slut at least related to mafia games.

hmmm - I didn't consider him twisting a scum role like that but makes sense. It did feel like a nice balance between town/scum.

You seemed to think that Starks reveal meant we should revisit 80's - which is why I went back to it. What about Starks reveal made you think this?

22 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I see what you did there 

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

hmmm - I didn't consider him twisting a scum role like that but makes sense. It did feel like a nice balance between town/scum.

You seemed to think that Starks reveal meant we should revisit 80's - which is why I went back to it. What about Starks reveal made you think this?

What bugs me about this scenario is that he would have had to begun the game with that role to be able to "twist" it later.

IIRC we only ever saw Frost and Dragonetti speaking to each other, which is where the idea of 2 OG Vamps came from. 

So, 80's reveal doesn't make sense to me in an SK context, or a recruit context. 

Having said that, he's played (I use the term loosely) really terribly and every time he posts I see scum. 

So there's that.

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When I saw Starks role I googled it and saw it could be any alignment from the wiki.  Then I googled town slut and saw the mafia hooker role as well.  Made me think either role could be any alignment.  i.e. I shouldn't automatically assume 80 is Town.