Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

Has anyone else ever heard of this town slut BS? That link you posted is the only place I could find it too. Is 80 F'ing w/us?

FFS. Yes I totally made it up. Made up my ability too.

And yes, we have had that role, just not in any games in the last several years. I think Crusher was something similar in a game, but in that instance it was more of an investigative role. He caught Vic I think. Throwback for sure. So yeah, long time ago.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Explain why we both can’t be town?

Because the original post was from Lee, the CL, separating you two into a separate category by yourselves and declaring both of you as town. 

The read was given after the conversions.

One of you is the scum

On 4/18/2020 at 3:46 PM, Leelou said:

For what it’s worth, I believe your reveal. 

Lee believed 80's reveal

On 4/18/2020 at 3:40 PM, Leelou said:

My thoughts so far, doubt SMC is town. 

JiF, 80 most likely town.

AVM, JC, Jvill, Stark, and Verbal probably town. 

CTM is either town or a convert. 

Drums, meh not town.

Boozer, could vote there.

Something feels off about the pirate.

Can’t read Barry. 

Also could vote for Beaver.

JiF and 80 got a separate category as "most likely town" as opposed to the guys below, AVM, JC, Jvill, Stark & Verb who are "probably town"

Only Lee knows the difference between "most likely" and "probably", but I feel like it was kind of a subconscious decision on her part to seperate all of them like that. She could have thrown them all into "probably" category, but she separated those two, which tells me that those two were on her mind. 

Currrent Reads:

I'm fine what I've seen today from Boozer, Barry, AVM, Jvill & Beaver

Stark's posts haven't bothered me. he and Verb should be able to weigh in further tomorrow.

JiF popped in this morning but then disappeared - a hangover could be the culprit there. 

JC has bugged me all game, but he always does. i never get a good read on him and I'm looking for others to call him out. He's made some good posts by now fwiw. 

JF80 keeps setting off all of my alarms. He's a better player than this - my best guess is he's the SK with conditions like some of the other players. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FFS. Yes I totally made it up. Made up my ability too.

And yes, we have had that role, just not in any games in the last several years. I think Crusher was something similar in a game, but in that instance it was more of an investigative role. He caught Vic I think. Throwback for sure. So yeah, long time ago.

How is this not a lynchable offense?

If I did that Jif and 80 call that “disgusting “

Anyone?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Safe claims may be a thing..  they may not..  but 1 thing is sure..  gfy.

I'm sensing passive aggressive vibes here. I think you need to talk to Tubbs about what's really bothering you. 

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

All I’ll ask is to quote me in full.   Yes I voted GATA originally but I jumped off that train as I said it sounded like town vs town sh*te.  JiF kept pushing  Gata Train which is why I replied to him with that gif.  Your presentation is a little deceptive there.

I’m not sure where I was deceptive if I missed a post sorry

18 minutes ago, DPR said:

Currrent Reads:

Stark's posts haven't bothered me. he and Verb should be able to weigh in further tomorrow.

JiF popped in this morning but then disappeared - a hangover could be the culprit there. 

JC has bugged me all game, but he always does. i never get a good read on him and I'm looking for others to call him out. He's made some good posts by now fwiw. 

JF80 keeps setting off all of my alarms. He's a better player than this - my best guess is he's the SK with conditions like some of the other players. 

Weirdest post of the game. Since when has 80 been “good”? Lol. He had what 2 moments in mafia history? 
Sorry 2 seconds

tenor.gif.4e5fdc7aff1ece1bb2389d57e60e9c4c.gif

I will be able to be around more tomorrow as DPR commented above. 

20 minutes ago, DPR said:

Currrent Reads:

I wanted to lynch his face the whole game up to the role reveal. If enough people think he's full of it I'll gladly hop on that wagon.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

How is this not a lynchable offense?

If I did that Jif and 80 call that “disgusting “

Anyone?

Well we used to have a “lynch all liars” agreement, but that has apparently gone to the wayside since the near death of teh mafia at JetNation

Just got off the course such a nice day.  Shot an 81.  Had a chance to break 80 for the first time ever when I birdied 17.  All I need was a par on 18.  Tough par 5, water on the right, smash my drive down the middle of the fairway, all I need was like a 160 lay up for 100 out which is my sweet spot.  I shanked it into the water, literally shanked it...out of nowhere, shanked it.  lol  Had a chance at bogey but missed the putt.  Brutal way to finish.  That is now the second time Ive had a chance to break 80 and literally did the exact same thing...doubled 18 by hitting my lay up in water.  Golf is cruel mistress.  I just cant get enough and it never ends the way I plan.

So what did I miss? 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Beaver said:

Not so sure I agree anymore.   I think Barry is right.  I look at the movie and think Blade would be a Vigilante and on Town's side.  But there has not been three kills in a night yet.   So I think Blade might be the SK and the cult is providing the other kills.   

Looks like I left off here...

There are 3 kills, Vamps/Assassins/Blade.  Cult/Scum or SK's/Vig.

Seems pretty clear. 

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blade as SK doesn’t make sense for the theme. SK apprentice? Blade doesn’t have an apprentice.

This

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get to slut it up on N4. Who to pick....

You're the tracker or watcher?  I forget.

7 hours ago, Beaver said:

my list would look like this:

SK or scum: 

Stark: His game has been weird.  I would lean more towards SK.

Jif: This is a gut feeling.  I don't have concrete evidence and part of my problem this game is i don't feel like going back and doing rereads.  Its a shame too because I do like the game Pac has created.   Nyn pinged because she was lining up votes.  I think it was CTM and then 80 but I would have to go back and look and i don't feel like it.   but her interactions with Jif made it seem like she was trying to signal him.  I could be way off here.

80 has residual pings that I can't ignore from the beginning of the game with GATA and Lizzy.

JC: I think is my top target right now.  I just did a look up of his last three pages of posts and he is not giving any real reads, but asking others what their reads are.

vote JC

Way off.

It's weird to me you didnt mention 80's reveal in this synopsis. 

7 hours ago, DPR said:

But as Vig, Blade would align as town, so we wouldn't want to hunt him (we just want him to stop killing other townies).

Which is why I'm saying to forget Blade - he needs to just chill - and let's hunt for the SK we know we have (and that is a separate wincon than town). 

There was no Gladiator or Town Slut in the movie either, but here we are. You know better than to hold the game too closely to the source material - Frost and Dragonetti didn't work together either. 

Better if we stay focused on player behavior and not flavor, yeah?

I havent been Blade hunting...

6 hours ago, DPR said:

Bolded again (as Barry did) to highlight our pool.

Out of JiF and 80, one is likely scum. I know where I'm at on this one, but I defer to the crowd's greater wisdom. 

I'm gonna iso AVM now

Wait, what? Me and 80 are scum because Lee called us town?  Seems like a pretty big leap. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So, 80's reveal doesn't make sense to me in an SK context, or a recruit context. 
Having said that, he's played (I use the term loosely) really terribly and every time he posts I see scum. 
So there's that.

All or nearly all of my predictions about this game have been correct, pirate. It’s like I stole JC’s magic 8 ball.

Because the original post was from Lee, the CL, separating you two into a separate category by yourselves and declaring both of you as town. 
The read was given after the conversions.
One of you is the scum

So we’re basing alignments entirely on what Leelou said? Sounds to me like she just wanted t send people down rabbit holes.

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea - I think it's highly unlikely Lee recruits a noob. I also think it's highly unlikely Pac (or any mod) gives a noob SK (reckless/game breaking potential) but I guess that would be gaming the mod (still not sure I am using this phrase correctly) so I'll leave it at that.

Yes, that is way gaming the mod but also a poor way to judge Lee's recruits because there were so many failed conversions.  She might not have had a choice really.

I was disinterested in a cult game. Only after the conversions stopped have I begun to get increasingly interested in solving. But not willing to wade through that trash heap of D1/D2.

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Where my thinking is at:

Jif & 80 “most likely Town” per Lee. Hmmmmm?!

Can either of these two explain why one of Lee’s final thoughts tie you two together like this?

She identifies me, drums and DPR as most likely scum. I give her projections great weight!

What's your angle here?  The cult leader named her team as town?  Didnt she give like 5 other players town reads too?  Are you saying that because she specifically called us together that we're teammates?  

5 hours ago, Stark said:

Im not scum. AND remember how I said you should take your reads and flip them 180 degrees, and then you would be decent at mafia. That statement still holds true. 

its not just today, its almost always the weekends. at least someone read this stuff. 

I am the town Bookie. I can earn 1 of 2 advantages in the game if I play my role correctly. 

I'm going to need a little more detail than this....obvi if you give more dont bother and I'll read but I'm just playing catch up.

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Good analysis but wrong.  Leelou did not convert me.  She's has more refinement than that.  If anything I would suggest she did it on purpose to protect her converts.  More likely AVM or Verbal.  

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Leelou is more experienced than most players on this board.  Again, she would not do that.  If anything she would do this as mis-information.

Possible. The shift was kind of subtle at first though, she went from scum reading you, to no reading you when the conversion went down, and only later to dumping you in a town pile with half the remaining game. I think if she was to leave a red herring it would have been 80 and JiF in her last reads post when she was heading towards a lynch. DPR is seeing that differently, but that’s the one that’s too obvious to me.