Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

20 hours ago, JiF said:

Huh?  It doesnt destroy your property value

Late to this conversation but, I think it does but it also depends on where you live.

This sort of thing seems to go in waves where pools add to value and then sometimes it decreases value.

It's because pools are desirable...and then as people get older/kids move out the upkeep isn't desirable but then people move or die or whatever and pools come back in fashion.

Again this is also a regional thing too though I think. CA and FL you want a pool but WA? Probably not.

20 hours ago, JiF said:

and if I follow through with my plans to enclose part of that partio, it increases it because I can count that space as sq. footage.  Now, you're right that pools are generally a cost you dont recoup during resale but with a corner lot like I have, 3 blocks from the ocean, a newly remodeled house with a master suite addition and now a beautiful oasis in the backyard/envy of the neighborhood, my house will go in minutes after it hits the market and I guarantee you in my situation with location I have, I'll be able to list over the price I paid + all the improvements I've done.  But I aint planning on moving anytime, so I'm not worried either way.

GFY

Dude your back yard looks great don't let haters hate.

• Upvote 1

Ok I finished my reread and here's what I got.

First of all SMC and Verbal have not posted at all yet. I know Verbal is not a weekend poster normally so this isn't weird but I can't remember if SMC is the same. I'd give both a pass on that for now and see what happens in the next couple days. Low posters (IMO) range from Stark, Jvill, Hess, AVM, Drums, and DPR. Even though quantity does not equal quality I'd still like to see a little more from these people and have no qualms with pressure votes to push them into it. I also want to note that top posters as of right now are, in order: AJ, Nyn, Me, Barry, Me, and (Pac). Let's not lynch the top people just for being loudmouths ok? That is always dumb and boring if you have a case bring it but let's not go after people just for posting a lot this game if we can help it. Also, to us top posters, let's try to cut down the chit chat just a little. I know I'm just as guilty of that as anyone but it goes for me too. Let's just not overdo it is all I'm saying.

Moving on there is the Mystery of the Missing Vote. Verbal first voted himself on Page 5 and it has now switched to Gata as of Page 10. Very strange and likely a vote steal/control of some sort. Hopefully Verbal will at least post today and try to clear up some of this. Also Verbal voting himself IMHO indicates he's probably Town. AJ said he thinks vote stealing is a town thing but I disagree. At best it's neutral to both sides but I think of it more as a scum role. We'll see.

I'm not going to tip my hand yet but I took notes and have several interesting reads. One thing I'd like to note specifically is that I have no notes at all on: CTM, DPR, JC, Jif, and Stark. Either you guys are being very boring or just not commenting on the game much or maybe both. Either way I'd like to see a little more from all of you if you don't mind. POIs include: AVM, Drums, and Boozer. I also have a couple early scum and town reads but that stuff tends to change rapidly by D2 which is why I rarely name names. Just letting you guys know you have my attention and I am watching. Not even necessarily a FOS, just seeing where you go with your game. 

For now I'm going to Unvote. Think we really need to hear from Verbal and SMC first and then go from there.

Was working on a longer post - lost power, going to have to save battery power for a day full of calls but will check in here as possible. I’ll post it once we get power but its mostly responses to bourbon, mocking Verb (and 80) but I do agree with Nol’s sentiment to move off jokey votes

Also for what its worth - I voted myself for the lulz. As for the silencer conversation- if we get late in to the day and nothing from Verb maybe? But he doesn’t play on weekends - even made note of that when he modded a couple games back.

unvote AVM 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DPR said:

How do you sleep?

Having a collection like that suggest a level of self control I’ve yet to discover in the realm of my own existence. I would add the inquiries: How do you stay married? How do you stay employed? and the most intriguing query: How the hell do you stay conscious ?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Some fine choices there especially the Buffalo Trace.  May I suggest a couple?

Clyde May's Straight Bourbon 92 PF 750mlimage.jpeg.ba50c5644c50c70c16f9840a98c66bdd.jpeg

I love both of those, the Clyde Mays might be the most underrated bottle of bourbon out there.  For that price point, it's delicious.  Cool story too, Clyde was a bootlegger, run in with the law and when he died, his son made his business legitimate.   I was on an Angles Envy kick for a mintue...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, A.J. said:

It’ll come to light later and I think generally powers like that lean pro-Town so I’m not super concerned. More curious about GATA’s wording/thought and why muted was what came to mind there.

Agreed....

Should we kill the bot? 

6 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

According to the wiki there’s a silencer role, which we could be dealing with here:

Silencer
Alias: none
Alignment:
Role type:
  • Communicative 
Choice: none

Silencer is a role that chooses a player at night. That player is then unable to speak for the following day. Whether they can still vote is unstandardized.

Silencers are usually scum. There's nothing prohibiting Silencer from being town, but they're arguably negative unility if so.

FWIW - I havent seen it here in a long time but this is a role that we've had in numerous games over the years. 

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok I'm back from napping. So I got to thinking we were getting way off course earlier talking about my hatred of dogs in stores and that's exactly what these filthy vamps want. There is a thing we used to do on DM (I know shut up) where the game would suddenly switch from "joke stage" to "serious mode" and I think we should do that right now both to focus and to show the newer players that D1 is not always just a throwaway and then a lot of good reads and arguments can be had on D1. 10 pages seems plenty to joke around on let's get serious and pick some actual lynch candidates for some actual in game reasons. I'm going to reread and take notes then I'll come back with my thoughts.

So sexy

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

Has anyone tried those White Claw drinks that blew up last year? Any good? I've never had seltzer before I don't even know what it is.

And yes I know what IPA is, this just reminded me of the white claws for some reason.

They're disgusting and if you're a man drinking them, you should be required to stick your dick between your legs and parade around like Buffalo Bill and sing I'm a little tea cup. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Hess (2) - Hess, Beaver

80 (1) - 80

AVM (1) - AVM

Nolder (2) - Drums, Boozer

Verbal (5) - Leelou, 80, Nyn, Verbal, Gata

Barry (1) - DPR

Beaver (1) - Stark

JC (1) - Barry

Gata (2) - Lizzie, AJ

AJ (1) - Nolder

With 21 reapers alive, it takes 12 to lynch

The ****?

I did not vote myself.....

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Having a collection like that suggest a level of self control I’ve yet to discover in the realm of my own existence. I would add the inquiries: How do you stay married? How do you stay employed? and the most intriguing query: How the hell do you stay conscious ?

These are the important questions. 
I tend to keep one bottle at a time ?

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Ok I missed the first 10 pages because this started on Easter weekend....was it all BS or do I need to actually read it?

Asking for a friend.....

It’s worth a read - there are a few notable posts that could be early moves. 

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok I'm back from napping. So I got to thinking we were getting way off course earlier talking about my hatred of dogs in stores and that's exactly what these filthy vamps want. There is a thing we used to do on DM (I know shut up) where the game would suddenly switch from "joke stage" to "serious mode" and I think we should do that right now both to focus and to show the newer players that D1 is not always just a throwaway and then a lot of good reads and arguments can be had on D1. 10 pages seems plenty to joke around on let's get serious and pick some actual lynch candidates for some actual in game reasons. I'm going to reread and take notes then I'll come back with my thoughts.

So you say you want to get serious and that it got off topic, then proceeded to post off topic alcohol posts. Hmm. You, Gata, JC scum mates? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

FWIW - I havent seen it here in a long time but this is a role that we've had in numerous games over the years. 

I stopped using it because it's boring af for the player that's silenced. I'd rather do a N0 where someone gets killed before even having a chance to play than silence someone for a game day and then continue it every day until the silencer is killed. No idea if Pac would use it though.

29 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Ok I missed the first 10 pages because this started on Easter weekend....was it all BS or do I need to actually read it?

Asking for a friend.....

It looks like a lot of BS at first glance but if you're Town I highly recommend reading it. A lot of juicy nuance imo.

54 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ha! I think the fact that its about the only thing I spend money on helps...and its been growing for a while now. I have a lot of friends big in to bourbon, too, as well as some neighbors...so it usually gets consumed in groups. Its bought to be drank and shared...well, until quarantine at least lmao

As for employed...I sometimes joke with friends that having plenty of alcohol is a requirement to manage people lol

Lastly, you’ve seen my posts on here for over a decade now...what has given you any inclination of me ever being conscious? 

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

Are  you related to Elijah Craig? 

elijAhcraigVM

29 minutes ago, Verbal said:

The ****?

I did not vote myself.....

Can actually do the poster spotlight on phone, one sec..

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1