Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

16 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Good analysis but wrong.  Leelou did not convert me.  She's has more refinement than that.  If anything I would suggest she did it on purpose to protect her converts.  More likely AVM or Verbal.  

16 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Leelou is more experienced than most players on this board.  Again, she would not do that.  If anything she would do this as mis-information.

JC's defense is terrible.  Leelou wouldnt do this.  lol, why not?  And again, she might not have had her first selections.  It actually makes a ton of sense to recruiter someone she says she cant read too...

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nothing to be made of the Blade Vig vs. SK thingy.  A few peeps thought like me, he was Vig and few thought he was SK.  Probably just coincidence he died same day of the conversation....

If nothing else, it shuts that rabbit hole of speculation so we can focus on other stuff.

if a vamp got him, I’d say it was because he was one of the failed conversions, but if it was the SK, it would be someone SMC was focused on as scum, so he’s my next iso

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

If nothing else, it shuts that rabbit hole of speculation so we can focus on other stuff.

if a vamp got him, I’d say it was because he was one of the failed conversions, but if it was the SK, it would be someone SMC was focused on as scum, so he’s my next iso

He was voting Stark, Start was L-2 but that would be clever fake reveal....

16 hours ago, DPR said:

So your saying that failed conversion attempts could have been because certain players were restricted - Nyn for example might have been an attempt, but it failed because of her role as SK apprentice? Which, in turn, would set her up as a good kill prospect, same as Blade. Is this what you're thinking?

I hadn't considered the "good kill prospect" piece but if we assume two of their targets were Nyn and SMC - who go shot at twice - that does indicate a pattern. 

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was thinking the "protected" conversion fail was exactly this.

I'm honestly not sure if we're agreeing or disagreeing anymore lol

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FFS. Yes I totally made it up. Made up my ability too.

And yes, we have had that role, just not in any games in the last several years. I think Crusher was something similar in a game, but in that instance it was more of an investigative role. He caught Vic I think. Throwback for sure. So yeah, long time ago.

14 hours ago, DPR said:

1 more thing about 80 - it occurred to me that he was given a safe-claim role. Is that a thing here these days? 

In theory, I guess...but I can't get over the timing. I said when 80 revealed it seemed absolutely legit - the question was whether or not he got converted.

12 hours ago, JiF said:

JiF trains?   Nobody has listened to my advice once.  We've yet to have the competing trains I've been asking for now for 3 days..,,

^^has been asking for competiting trains since at least after we lynched Lizzie if not before

And JiF clamoured for a GATA lynch for a literal day while it was stalled out...so I'd have to agree on the no one listening bit lol

11 hours ago, DPR said:

We ought to wait until tomorrow and get a reveal from JC 

Are you proposing that we only lynch someone that has claimed? So from the 80/Stark/Beaver pile?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

80 - roleblocker - this is not sitting well with me as we continue on late game

Stark - bookkeeper - I'd like more info about this role.  

Town reads; JiF, Barry DPR, AVM

Other pile of who the **** knows?; Jville, Beaver, Verb, JC 

The point on 80 is a good one...also a good wifom to leave him alive when there were a lot of folks either flat out not believing him (SMC at one point, though I think he backed off) and others that questioned if it was a real role, if he was converted, etc.

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

Still reading...

I think he started town.  I believe that piece but I'm almost here, just doing some more looking.

I'm convinced he got a town role exactly as he said. I'm not convinced he still is.

13 hours ago, JiF said:

what are the advantages? 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

80 - roleblocker - this is not sitting well with me as we continue on late game

Stark - bookkeeper - I'd like more info about this role.  

Town reads; JiF, Barry DPR, AVM

Other pile of who the **** knows?; Jville, Beaver, Verb, JC 

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did you answer this; what are the advantages? 

sheesh man chill... just getting caught up. Wife is at hospital, having babies checked (nothing wrong just ultrasound) and I have both kids this AM while working on a project for work.

The Town Bookie advantages I can earn if I predict the next lynch correctly is one of the 2: A Vest, or 1 player investigation. It IS a 1 time use/attempt

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, Stark said:

abbreviated will answer q's  i just lost all the quotes and explainations and I know some of you will want them.

scum

CTM, HESS, AJ.............. 80. LK. Beaver

Feel good about: Nyn, AVM JC

Okay with JiF, Lee, Jvill, Barry.

Players not named are kind of null for me. 

reads from earlier in game.... 

as of this morning im still leaning scum on Beaver and 80

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

sheesh man chill... just getting caught up. Wife is at hospital, having babies checked (nothing wrong just ultrasound) and I have both kids this AM while working on a project for work.

The Town Bookie advantages I can earn if I predict the next lynch correctly is one of the 2: A Vest, or 1 player investigation. It IS a 1 time use/attempt

Seems vettable...but we'd have to be in agreement at night on who to lynch the next day then it would seemingly be the following day before we get the intel or obviously could lynch someone if he hit scum. If we were to not hit cult or SK with this lynch or the set one tomorrow we'd basically be at LYLO..

11 now...mislynch + SK kill + cult kill = 8

mislynch + SK kill + cult kill = 5...

Of course, SK and cult could also take each other out at some point...or there could be failed kill attempts...so odds that we're in that spot seem kind of low. Don't think this is a play on Starks part either, just thinking about our options.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stark said:

Good luck dude! 

If you predict correctly today you can recieve?  Have you guessed yet?  When do you guess?

Ok looking back at who is left.....am I correct that is would be a 1 x cult convert left and the SK?   or could there be 2 x cult converts left giving a total of 5 cult members?  I'm not up to speed on what's a balanced game.

16 minutes ago, AVM said:

I hadn't considered the "good kill prospect" piece but if we assume two of their targets were Nyn and SMC - who go shot at twice - that does indicate a pattern. 

I'm honestly not sure if we're agreeing or disagreeing anymore lol

In theory, I guess...but I can't get over the timing. I said when 80 revealed it seemed absolutely legit - the question was whether or not he got converted.

^^has been asking for competiting trains since at least after we lynched Lizzie if not before

And JiF clamoured for a GATA lynch for a literal day while it was stalled out...so I'd have to agree on the no one listening bit lol

Are you proposing that we only lynch someone that has claimed? So from the 80/Stark/Beaver pile?

The point on 80 is a good one...also a good wifom to leave him alive when there were a lot of folks either flat out not believing him (SMC at one point, though I think he backed off) and others that questioned if it was a real role, if he was converted, etc.

I'm convinced he got a town role exactly as he said. I'm not convinced he still is.

It just doesnt add up as town role.  In a game with this many roles and apparently actions that can be earned; why would there be a town roleblocker?  Again, it seems like a role meant to be recruited.  It makes sense as cult/roleblock and recruit at the same time, etc.  Granted maybe that never happened but it's really not a town friendly role in this setup. 

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

JC or 80 for me today...probably leaning toward 80 because leaving him at will with roleblocker tonight is just dangerous. 

and now that information is out... if 80 is roleblocker and is a convert I would probably get blocked tonight if i used it.

3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Ok looking back at who is left.....am I correct that is would be a 1 x cult convert left and the SK?   or could there be 2 x cult converts left giving a total of 5 cult members?  I'm not up to speed on what's a balanced game.

It really doent matter, we need to hit bad guys but my guess; 2 cult, 1 Sk left.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Stark said:

Awesome.  Congrats on the pregnancy, but I don't envy you working and having the kids    

2 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Awesome.  Congrats on the pregnancy, but I don't envy you working and having the kids    

thanks... she's 32 weeks with twins... also part of the reason a few games ago i was so "out" on a couple days of games

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

thanks... she's 32 weeks with twins... also part of the reason a few games ago i was so "out" on a couple days of games

Father of twin boys! Get them under control early or you'll regret it. #Boundaries! LOL

Their 19 now and at PSU. Great young men, unlike their father. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Y’all an go f**k yourselves. I’m the Town Slut. Rolled that way ironically by Pac, of course.

On even nights I can Roleblock someone. I chose Jvill last night. No information on whether it worked or not.

I was not converted. If I was I’d out my team because cult games blow and should never exist again.

Stark or Jvill for me. Still believe the quiet ones are the Cult Leader candidates. You loudmouths are just bickering over the wrong things but are mostly town.

So as town, in a conversion game with multiple kills...you randomly used your role?

And the "I would out my team " is just monster WIFOM and you we asking us who to use it on to try and gain more town favor?

ewwwww

yeah, I'm ready to lynch 80

unvote

Vote 80

8 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I've been working under the assumption there were 5 cultists total after converts, yes. SMC had made a couple posts about 2 + 3 vs 3 + 2...but I think we all landed on the implication in the final conversion was that was it, so 3 + 2. Would mean one original + one convert

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

It just doesnt add up as town role.  In a game with this many roles and apparently actions that can be earned; why would there be a town roleblocker?  Again, it seems like a role meant to be recruited.  It makes sense as cult/roleblock and recruit at the same time, etc.  Granted maybe that never happened but it's really not a town friendly role in this setup. 

I had a thought several days ago that there could be something like balanced roles - with seeing an apprentice on both and a flip of a cult RB for half the nights and a claim of town RB for half the nights...

I even toyed with thinking maybe the SK also has RB ability, but only half the nights would be a weird added bonus to being SK, right? Especially when there have been so many day kills - though some mods have NA protects/blocks last through day phase.

We've also had 1-2 nights with no deaths or even as much as a hint that someone was shot at, right? I know N1 was that way

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

and now that information is out... if 80 is roleblocker and is a convert I would probably get blocked tonight if i used it.

Typically converts lose their town roles upon conversion...we can look at what AJ's flip said to see if there's a hint.

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Father of twin boys! Get them under control early or you'll regret it. #Boundaries! LOL

Their 19 now and at PSU. Great young men, unlike their father. 

Yeah so we are going to have 4 boys within 4 years. I have a 4 and 2 year old now. twin boys coming anytime in next 4 weeks, lol.. going to be crazy here for a while. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3