Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

How did you do that formatting?

So like let's say instead of quoting you and having a blank format I am lazy and just copy something off of a quote above once I paste it to a blank format on JN it will pick up the format of whatever you just copied it from unless you clear out the format.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you're asking to be lynched AND directing a potential lie detector to burn an action on you as well now?

so I'm directing a train on myself to weed out scum (regardless I'm going to flip town)

but if a lie detector wants to clear me first so be it. 

I'm good either way.

fwiw - the copy and paste thing was just a call out, not a reason for being scum.  I like my vote on Gata because she clearly floated some illogical nonsense out there that seemed like it was an intentional distraction, her refusal to answer my question and now, town directing a potential power that we dont even know if it's in the game (remember when she didnt want to play mod) to clear her on D1 while she's also been asking to be lynched.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

fwiw - the copy and paste thing was just a call out, not a reason for being scum.  I like my vote on Gata because she clearly floated some illogical nonsense out there that seemed like it was an intentional distraction, her refusal to answer my question and now, town directing a potential power that we dont even know if it's in the game (remember when she didnt want to play mod) to clear her on D1 while she's also been asking to be lynched.

Best scum hunter of all time 

Just now, GATA said:

So scum wouldn't jump on the train of a low hanging fruit lol.

They might.  It doesn't increase the likelihood.  The chances of scum being on your train is 25 %, just like any other time.  

Ape always thinks its more like 90 % whenever people vote him, because he's a paranoid narcissist.  

10 hours ago, DPR said:

How do you sleep?

What is sleep?

10 hours ago, Stark said:

Nice. We have a similar selection. That Wild Turkey Forgiven I had a long time ago and I think I remember being pleasantly surprised. Can’t find it around me anymore

Nice! Found the Forgiven in a random store in DC covered in dust behind a box of Evan Williams that looked like it had been sitting there a few years...really hard to find nowadays so I was pretty excited

8 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Some fine choices there especially the Buffalo Trace.  May I suggest a couple?

Clyde May's Straight Bourbon 92 PF 750mlimage.jpeg.ba50c5644c50c70c16f9840a98c66bdd.jpeg

I haven't had Clyde Mays yet - have looked at it a few times. I'll move it up to the list for after all this insanity. The AE Cask Strength is being saved for a special occasion...though hopefully not too long of a wait lol

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I bet Pac made Verbal a eunuch. No voice and no genitals.

Pac is a little more creative than to send a PM "hey be yourself," but I like where your head is at

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah I unvoted myself. Pac sucks.

Coward

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok I'm back from napping. So I got to thinking we were getting way off course earlier talking about my hatred of dogs in stores and that's exactly what these filthy vamps want. There is a thing we used to do on DM (I know shut up) where the game would suddenly switch from "joke stage" to "serious mode" and I think we should do that right now both to focus and to show the newer players that D1 is not always just a throwaway and then a lot of good reads and arguments can be had on D1. 10 pages seems plenty to joke around on let's get serious and pick some actual lynch candidates for some actual in game reasons. I'm going to reread and take notes then I'll come back with my thoughts.

As if JN ever switches from joke stage lol gtfo Nol

(no but seriously fair enough and it is - though I'm now editing this post from this morning and we've gotten rolling)

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Wow! Quite a collection very nice. 

You must really like that Elijah Craig stuff. I'm counting at least 5 different bottles lol.

The 18 is one of my 2-3 best bottles...the two on the second shelf are different barrel proof bottles from last year and at the bottom there's their new rye whiskey and a barrel pick from a couple years ago. One of my favorite lines, especially on the top end - yes.

Wanted to follow-up on that stuff lol - back to the game now (power is on, obviously)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

You're not going to catch scum by telling people to vote you. If you're town you're forcing a mislynch and anyone who voted you has the excuse that you were acting erratically and had to be removed.

That is putting aside all the other stuff people are discussing even.

Lol everyone was ready to jump on my train and I said do it there should be scum on my train 

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

so I'm directing a train on myself to weed out scum (regardless I'm going to flip town)

but if a lie detector wants to clear me first so be it. 

I'm good either way.

What? I forget how completely illogical CTM made you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Lol everyone was ready to jump on my train and I said do it there should be scum on my train 

Explain how its any more likely than any other normal lynch train?

Making D1 all about you is just a distraction that helps scum hide.  Trust me, I've helped scum hide a lot.  lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I mean...ok...I think it's a bad strategy that never works but you do you. Just know if you're town you're not doing us any favors.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They might.  It doesn't increase the likelihood.  The chances of scum being on your train is 25 %, just like any other time.  

Ape always thinks its more like 90 % whenever people vote him, because he's a paranoid narcissist.  

Obviously, not every single person is scum but you can use it to weed out ppl

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Obviously, not every single person is scum but you can use it to weed out ppl

No, you can't.  If someone votes you with poor logic behind it we can look at that on a case-by-case basis.  But that can happen when someone votes ANY player with poor logic.

In short:  You're not special, robot.  Sorry you had to find out this way.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AVM said:

The only question around it right now is why it looks copy/pasted in - Jif pointed it out, I cant see the formatting.

bleh...with the other stuff going on this seems weak.

There’s a reason I post what page I’m on when I do long multi-post/multi-page catch ups...unless theres a change in phase from night to day I like to catch up naturally. 

Now if your point is she posted “in real-time” and missed Verb then went backwards in quotes I think I could see that...but it didn’t seem that way to me? And even then, I’ve gone back over pages a couple times this morning to try and make sure I’m following...liked older posts and such as I re-read a second time. But it seemed like to me Nyn was catching up and it showed with her timestapped quotes?

I literally caught up this way in any recent game I've been in and now it's suddenly an issue?

15 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I'm mainly waiting for SMC to weigh in at this point but it would be nice to hear what Verbal thinks about other players too since his vote is being controlled.

He said where he'd like to place his vote.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, you can't.  If someone votes you with poor logic behind it we can look at that on a case-by-case basis.  But that can happen when someone votes ANY player with poor logic.

In short:  You're not special, robot.  Sorry you had to find out this way.

I never said I was special however we did get some movement on D1 & whether illogical or not there's ppl playing to figure sh*t out.

15 minutes ago, GATA said:

unvote

vote lee

This is a "copy and paste" quote  from Barry's post it still has the format

UNVOTE (This was only used for an ex)

Not even one of the reasons I was expecting, but it's hard to gauge off of the formatting thing..

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yes, I am scum lynch me (also if there's a lie detector out there use it )

ffs unvote vote GATA

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Defense noted.

The GATA train doesn't feel right to me. I'm good with my vote for now. 

And your inability to address people questioning the logic with...logic, is noted ;)

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah - I was waiting to see if someone else would latch on to it but that's not what to look at here. I remember Dan used to keep lists and in one unfortunate game, back when I kept lists in Word, I pasted something in with messed up formatting and got myself killed as a town power role. Vic also copy/pasted in from his scum QT one time and basically ended the game getting himself and his team lynched...lol

Basically it can mean a lot of things, but the game play - not so much the silencer but the "if I was scum with a silencing move I wouldn't mention it" and "please lie detect me k thnx" are just...bleh.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

unvote

I'll wait to see a vote count.  It's been a minute since I town casing Gata.  I forgot how completely illogical she is and how scummy it comes across.

Willing to go back, just dont need to rush it.  

This is...normal? lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I literally caught up this way in any recent game I've been in and now it's suddenly an issue?

This is actually not a joke (just funny)...but any time I'm several pages behind and catching up part of me always hopes when I get to the end I find out I've been the victim of an 80-led speed lynching. Or better yet, that Verb was the victim of an 80-led speed lynching.

But reality is often...disappointing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3