Nolder (5) - Nyn, 32EBoozer, SMC, Barry, Hess

Leelou (1) - AJ

Drums (2) - JC, 80

JC (1) - Drums

80 (2) - Verbal, Gata

With 21 reapers alive, it takes 12 to lynch

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

CLICK ME

"Goddammit Blade, why do you have to listen to that crap while training"?!

Blades sword whipped through the air with precision and purpose. 

"Whistler, no offense but not everyone is a Credence Clearwater fan".

"Ohhh I get it...  I'm old... and white"!

A sly grin crept across the Daywalkers face.

"I have to concentrate.  The person I have my eyes on is a skilled fighter.  They won't go down easily".

"Ohh you want that one, huh"?

"Yeah...  that one".

"When"?

".... soon".

#WHISTLER2020

Old white dude... amirite?

5 hours ago, A.J. said:

Gonna read Nolder/GATA in Verb’s game later on and see how I feel about them but for now I’m gonna hold off for now.

This didn’t help much. If anything I feel less good about either now

Biggest difference on its face is their activity but that only takes me so far. In a vacuum neither sound very different from then to now imo. It’s weird since they made it to end game when both were scum but this game they’re both the lead wagons D1 lol. Has me tilted a bit but Mafia can be funny like that 

If you guys are going to make it between me and Gata anyway then I'm just going to say what I want to say. There was obviously this perception that "it's just a joke bro, like speed lynch verbal" but that's not what she was saying at first. Let's start with where she started to have a problem with me. I made a case on Drums but then I voted her and she's like wtf. I explained that I think they are both lynch worthy but Gata had more votes at the time so it made sense just to join her wagon. She was kind of implying I had no basis or case for voting her so I shared the notes I had (which I've now neglected, if I'm alive on D2 I'll start them up again from there) and that kicked off the whole argument.

Here is where I shared the notes and looking back that was on the bottom of page 25 so AT MOST we were arguing for like 3 pages. Hardly an argument worthy of note on JN when the Ape has literally taken over a thread for entire game days. But I digress. So I showed her how I had been casing her for most of the game up until that point I just hadn't said anything and then she took issue with my notes. 

I really want to emphasize this very first part because this is the thing we were arguing about. My first note on her said "- Gata coming at me early and without reason. She cloaked in a joke but she might have been testing the waters." she responded and again I quote but you can go look it up if you think I'm manipulating what she said, "Not without reason, your reasoning has been terrible for town lately".

Please read that and then please read it again in context. This is the crux of the entire argument. She kept trying to say after this that it was just a joke but right here, the first time, she says she HAD a reason for voting me at the start of the game and that reason was HOW I ACTED IN OTHER GAMES. Not a meta, specifically that "my reasoning has been terrible" which I shortened to her calling me bad just to simplify things. How is this ok? If she had voted me because I made a case and she's like well your reasoning has been terrible I could almost understand but this was at the start of the game. Lest we be confused or think this is a one off thing she goes on to tell me exactly what problems she had with me in other games.

Now she does go on to call it a joke and I'll quote that here "There's reasons why you've been terrible and why I would make a joke post about you being terrible.". This is why I keep telling her what she is saying is contradictory. A joke in the context of this game is something obviously absurd or not true. Vote Verbal because he is a filthy rodent. Is he actually a filthy rodent? Uh no he's a human being that is obviously absurd and obviously a joke. It is so illogical that you KNOW it is a joke because no one is ACTUALLY going to make a case that Verbal should be lynched as mafia because he is not human. What Gata did to me was not that. She voted me at the very start of the game for very specific non game related reasons that are very clearly and very obviously not a joke. She did not like things I did in other games... and honestly I could frame it as her getting back at me but I don't even actually believe that's the case here. I think she thinks it's legitimately ok to vote people in the game she is in for stuff that happened in other games. Not as a revenge thing but as an actual gameplay justification. And that's where I was getting frustrated because that doesn't make any sense. Not because she hurt my feelings like some of you seem to think.

It is not logical to say "you flubbed endgame last game THEREFORE you are scum this game". That does not follow does it? If Gata is Town right now and she makes the argument that I did bad in other games therefore I should not be trusted to live in this game that is NOT AN ARGUMENT THAT IM SCUM. And if she, as town, is going to lynch me NOT for being scum then that is a violation of the spirit of the game and playing against her win condition. Now, if she's scum then all is fair in love and war as frustrating and stupid as it is but it is at that point that it is up to YOU GUYS to ******* realize that what she is saying is either outside the spirit of the game and a ****ed up thing to do...or it's scummy that she's trying to pass off her out of game reasoning for voting me as a joke vote. And no one seems to be coming to bat for me here only her and I don't get that.

I'm not typing this to argue with Gata further, that's been done and it went as far as it could go. She can respond to this if she wants but I'm not getting into the weeds with her again over this issue. I am making this post for the rest of you, especially those of you who seemed to think that her vote on me was a joke. It wasn't and I believe I've showed that here but if you're not convinced please just go back and read what she said again. What's happened here is that someone dug themselves a nice deep hole all by herself and then because I was stupid enough to share my notes and argumentative enough to call her on her bullsh*t she dragged me into that hole with her. I don't belong as a second wagon it's complete bullsh*t. Look at her gameplay prior to this and look at mine. Who is playing the scummy game here? That's all I got to say. This is my last post for the game day and my last appeal. Go back and read it, all I'm asking. Thanks.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

But I digress

I say if CTM, DPR, Lizzie and Verb don't bring anything to the table, we lynch them in the order of ballsack size. Big to small, so the others grow in confidence.

Great idea but what do we do in the case of Verb? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

Gonna read Nolder/GATA in Verb’s game later on and see how I feel about them but for now I’m gonna hold off.

Most interested in hearing more from JiF, Stark, CTM, Jvill, Beaver to name a few.

You've heard from me plenty.  It's your job to pay attention and retain the crucial information I provide. 

12 hours ago, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Gata (7) - Lizzie, jvill, Stark, Leelou, AVM, Nolder, JIF

Nolder (5) - Nyn, 32EBoozer, SMC, Barry, Hess

Leelou (1) - AJ

Drums (2) - JC, 80

JC (1) - Drums

80 (2) - Verbal, Gata

This is still the latest updated VC?

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

Gonna read Nolder/GATA in Verb’s game later on and see how I feel about them but for now I’m gonna hold off.

Most interested in hearing more from JiF, Stark, CTM, Jvill, Beaver to name a few.

hmm...I backed off the Nolder vs. Gata thing.  It feels like a bunch of sh*te.     

I am new and haven't played with DPR before, but he hasn't provided any reads on anyone.   Stark has only provided one look and that was on Barry and myself.  Starks reasoning is sound, but he usually provides better insight.   

I'll go with DPR for now.

Vote DPR

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Hey verb

Thoughts so far?

That your hat is perfect for you, heh.  I have 3 pages to catch up on, I'll come back to this.

14 hours ago, Nolder said:

That's funny. I literally hate Darthe and have said so many times openly, and yet even after swearing I'd never play with the mother****er again...I still did. Several times. And I never once did anything like that to him. In fact I'll admit I avoided even voting him to avoid being accused of being biased and not playing fairly. Which probably skewed games unfairly the other way sometimes but, you know, that's what you get I guess when someone who despises someone else tries to play a game with them.

If that's how she feels that's fine but if that's the case I think she needs to let it be known because it's not fair to me or other players if she's just going to try to auto lynch me every game. I'll just sit out when she plays and play when she doesn't. 

GATA is not serious, she's joking.  You're the only one taking any of this seriously.  Relax.

14 hours ago, HessStation said:

This took a long time to check.

Well, it took a long time for me to come back to the thread, so yeah.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Pac said:

MOD NOTE:

I have had to add clarity for a couple people when it comes to certain aspects of the game and timing of things.  This is due to the fact I was writing PM's until 2:40AM and forgot a sentence or 2 in a couple people's PM's. 

I have to be intentionally vague but suffice to say if you got something from me that said "just to be clear" or something similar you are not the only one.

No subtle changes that have been made have an impact on anything other than adding enjoyment for all.

GFY

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok...one last time...just once more.

I understand just fine.

What you don't seem to understand is you are saying two things which cannot both be true. 

You cannot both be joking and be voting me because I'm bad.

And you can't try to act like that is all part of the joke because you're clearly harboring reasons from past games as justification for this which is something you are NOT supposed to do. That is akin to outing your scum mates or PMing someone a screen shot of your role PM or something. Each game is it's own unique thing (meta aside). If you're going to vote me because I'm "bad" or whatever then you are violating the spirit of the game not to mention not giving me a chance to get better if that were true.

It sucks that you're being this way but fine whatever I can see that certain things from the past few games left a real negative impact on you and nothing I say can change that. I'll just finish this game as best I can and then you wont have to compromise anymore games because of me in the future.

That is all I have to say. If you don't get that I can't explain it clearer. 

What do you call it when CTM votes Ape for "the good of the town", then?  If I remember correctly, you've been on those trains before.  You can't have it both ways, Nolder.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Yes here we are.

Pre tell what gems you came across in your very thorough catch up.

I see a lot of people posting and not saying anything.  DPR and JC come to mind.  Jokes, comments, no digging.  I'm in that group as well (for now).  Like I said, I want to see if this is a conversion game before I try to dig in  - making reads and having them all go to sh*t with a conversion is not something I'm interested in doing right now.

Conversion games are super fun for mods, the people who do the converting, and sometimes the folks that are actually converted, but it's hard for literally everybody else.

14 hours ago, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Barry (1) - DPR

Gata (8) - Lizzie, jvill, Stark, Leelou, AVM, Nolder, JIF, Hess

Nolder (4) - Nyn, 32EBoozer, SMC, Barry

Leelou (1) - AJ

Drums (2) - JC, 80

JC (1) - Drums

80 (2) - Verbal, Gata

Hmmm... I might have an idea here.

3 hours ago, DPR said:

@Nolder  In 10 words or less, please describe why *anyone* would ever care enough to write *that* much on D1? 

How could that possibly help the town? 

10 words or less mind you

I missed you.

6 hours ago, A.J. said:

This didn’t help much. If anything I feel less good about either now

Biggest difference on its face is their activity but that only takes me so far. In a vacuum neither sound very different from then to now imo. It’s weird since they made it to end game when both were scum but this game they’re both the lead wagons D1 lol. Has me tilted a bit but Mafia can be funny like that 

Weird post by AJ here.  You could have just summed all of that up by suggesting it was probably just town-on-town violence, as usually is the case when 2 people tunnel on each other.  Instead you throw shade on both and try to contrast the situation with a previous game?

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

I like this vote too 

I haven’t seen JiF do his Batman casing instead he’s coasting away 

unvote vote jif 

I was about to ask you to move your vote, so thanks.  I'm curious if my vote will follow......

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Weird post by AJ here.  You could have just summed all of that up by suggesting it was probably just town-on-town violence, as usually is the case when 2 people tunnel on each other.  Instead you throw shade on both and try to contrast the situation with a previous game?

I disagree.  Saying town on town violence is the easy way out, he looks like he's actually trying to problem solve here.

Why are you still alive??

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Unvote vote Jif 

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

I like this vote too 

I haven’t seen JiF do his Batman casing instead he’s coasting away 

unvote vote jif 

To me, in general, voting JiF on D1 is pretty worthless.  If he's scum, he'll get figured out fairly easy over time.  If he's town, he's either an asset or someone we can make fun of when wrong.  

Where is @Drums?

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I disagree.  Saying town on town violence is the easy way out, he looks like he's actually trying to problem solve here.

Why are you still alive??

2 people looking worse in an exchange almost never results in both being scum.  Pick one as looking worse than the other or move on, because its probably town on town.  And I don't buy the D1 "gambit" stuff.  That pretty much never happens either.

I'm still alive because people have gotten tired of lynching me D1.  About time.  Games are more fun with me in them.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To me, in general, voting JiF on D1 is pretty worthless.  If he's scum, he'll get figured out fairly easy over time.  If he's town, he's either an asset or someone we can make fun of when wrong.  

Where is @Drums?

Sorry got a bit busy but I’m going to start catching up. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gotta catch up on the last couple pages but I think your post is the weird one. He could have summed it up as town on town violence, but if that’s not his read on it why would he do that? It’s possible he’s lying about his read to throw shade on them, but the way you worded it it’s like your advocating for him to lie about it to avoid throwing shade.

45 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Hi there. Any actual game thoughts yet? 

A few. I already posted that the Nolder/Gata thing felt contrived to me. The WOT's from JC & Nolder seem weird. I think Verb is summing it up best with:

26 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Like I said, I want to see if this is a conversion game before I try to dig in  - making reads and having them all go to sh*t with a conversion is not something I'm interested in doing right now.

Conversion games are super fun for mods, the people who do the converting, and sometimes the folks that are actually converted, but it's hard for literally everybody else.

I figure this is the back of everyone's mind, yeah? Which is why the out-of-the-norm activity I talked about above stands out. Makes me think that there could be PR's that determine recruits, but that's pure spec at this point and no reason to clutter the thread with it at this point.