Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Gotta catch up on the last couple pages but I think your post is the weird one. He could have summed it up as town on town violence, but if that’s not his read on it why would he do that? It’s possible he’s lying about his read to throw shade on them, but the way you worded it it’s like your advocating for him to lie about it to avoid throwing shade.

My argument is he's smart enough to know that when 2 players both "look worse" in an exchange, it pretty much never makes sense for both to be scum and most likely its town on town.  He was being purposely deceitful there, was my take.

And the throw in that both were scum in another game and coasted and now are the leading trains D1....what does that matter? 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, GATA said:

I like this vote too 

I haven’t seen JiF do his Batman casing instead he’s coasting away 

unvote vote jif 

lmfao - this has become the easiest and weakest horsesh*t vote in all of mafia, the JiF isnt doing enough (based on whatever random criteria I'm using)  while he does the same thing he does every game vote.  It takes real effort to drop this vote/rationale combo. 

I'd also like to point out the OMGUS nature of this post. 

Can we kill it please already? My god.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Official Vote Count:

Gata (7) - Lizzie, jvill, Stark, Leelou, AVM, Nolder, JIF

Nolder (4) - Nyn, 32EBoozer, SMC, Barry

Drums (2) - JC, 80

JC (1) - Drums

80 (1) - Verbal

JIF (2) - Hess, Gata

DPR (1) - Beaver

With 21 reapers alive, it takes 12 to lynch

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Weird post by AJ here.  You could have just summed all of that up by suggesting it was probably just town-on-town violence, as usually is the case when 2 people tunnel on each other.  Instead you throw shade on both and try to contrast the situation with a previous game?

I read it the exact same way.  I feel like he really didnt even read that particular game.  lol  I was scum with them, carried them to victory.  duh

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My argument is he's smart enough to know that when 2 players both "look worse" in an exchange, it pretty much never makes sense for both to be scum and most likely its town on town.  He was being purposely deceitful there, was my take.

And the throw in that both were scum in another game and coasted and now are the leading trains D1....what does that matter? 

Ok, the way you worded it made it sound like you wanted him to be deceitful to avoid throwing shade on them.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao - this has become the easiest and weakest horsesh*t vote in all of mafia, the JiF isnt doing enough (based on whatever random criteria I'm using)  while he does the same thing he does every game vote.  It takes real effort to drop this vote/rationale combo. 

What is the OMGUS? 

You aren't casing this is not OMGUS this is fact

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I read it the exact same way.  I feel like he really didnt even read that particular game.  lol  I was scum with them, carried them to victory.  duh

You carried no one to victory 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

BUT ARE YOU YOUR FAVORITE ROLE

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I disagree.  Saying town on town violence is the easy way out, he looks like he's actually trying to problem solve here.

Why are you still alive??

ewww weird defense.

I like 80 today.  While I didnt love the fluidity of his voting on the early Gata train was concerning but we were seeing the game similarly.  I believe his switch was jokey and I like his play today. 

Yours is gross.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

hmm...I backed off the Nolder vs. Gata thing.  It feels like a bunch of sh*te.     

I am new and haven't played with DPR before, but he hasn't provided any reads on anyone.   Stark has only provided one look and that was on Barry and myself.  Starks reasoning is sound, but he usually provides better insight.   

I'll go with DPR for now.

Vote DPR

Beaver lookin solid so far

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2 people looking worse in an exchange almost never results in both being scum.  Pick one as looking worse than the other or move on, because its probably town on town.  And I don't buy the D1 "gambit" stuff.  That pretty much never happens either.

I'm still alive because people have gotten tired of lynching me D1.  About time.  Games are more fun with me in them.  

I'm ashamed of myself for agreeing with you, but I do.

No way anyone reads the gata/nolder sh*tshow and think it's an act. One could be scum but I don't see a universe where they both are.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, DPR said:

A few. I already posted that the Nolder/Gata thing felt contrived to me. The WOT's from JC & Nolder seem weird. I think Verb is summing it up best with:

I figure this is the back of everyone's mind, yeah? Which is why the out-of-the-norm activity I talked about above stands out. Makes me think that there could be PR's that determine recruits, but that's pure spec at this point and no reason to clutter the thread with it at this point.

So you think it's ok for you and verb to sit back and not dig in cause you think this might be a conversion game?

Yeah I don't think so.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Why do people keep talking about this being a cult game? I haven't seen anything that hinted such a thing and atp if feels like fear mongering to keep bringing it up as if no read can be trusted which will actively get in the way of building a town core.

So again, why is this part of your narrative on d1?

1.  I asked Pac a direct question on this multiple times in the signup thread and he never answered.  So, no, he never confirmed it.

2.  However, Pac LOVES conversion games, and the theme supports it.

3.  If you read some of his "flavor" scenes, he hints at it.  I'll find them, one sec.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

ewww weird defense.

I like 80 today.  While I didnt love the fluidity of his voting on the early Gata train was concerning but we were seeing the game similarly.  I believe his switch was jokey and I like his play today. 

Yours is gross.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

*cringe*

I... agree.

My take: @Nolder if you’re town, you’re taking GATA’s initial vote and reasoning WAY too literally. I understand the logical fallacy you’re trying to point out, but it could still be a joke vote with some semi-serious reasoning behind it, and at this point continuing to harp on it is more distracting than anything.

Moving on, @Drums I think Barry raised this earlier but I’m curious as well, what was the reason you connected JC with GATA and Nolder?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Why do people keep talking about this being a cult game? I haven't seen anything that hinted such a thing and atp if feels like fear mongering to keep bringing it up as if no read can be trusted which will actively get in the way of building a town core.

So again, why is this part of your narrative on d1?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  I asked Pac a direct question on this multiple times in the signup thread and he never answered.  So, no, he never confirmed it.

3.  If you read some of his "flavor" scenes, he hints at it.  I'll find them, one sec.

OK it was only one.  But this is a clear signal that this is a conversion game:

13 hours ago, Pac said:

CLICK ME

"Goddammit Blade, why do you have to listen to that crap while training"?!

Blades sword whipped through the air with precision and purpose. 

"Whistler, no offense but not everyone is a Credence Clearwater fan".

"Ohhh I get it...  I'm old... and white"!

A sly grin crept across the Daywalkers face.

"I have to concentrate.  The person I have my eyes on is a skilled fighter.  They won't go down easily".

"Ohh you want that one, huh"?

"Yeah...  that one".

"When"?

".... soon".

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah I dont read flavor.

And as far as I go, no one is getting a free pass at slanking by floating the cult fear. We still need to scum hunt if we want to win this game, cult or no cult. Period.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Yeah I dont read flavor.

And as far as I go, no one is getting a free pass at slanking by floating the cult fear. We still need to scum hunt if we want to win this game, cult or no cult. Period.

That's fair.  Just trying to mentally prepare for an awful game.  Cult games suck, 100 % of the time.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

My take: @Nolder if you’re town, you’re taking GATA’s initial vote and reasoning WAY too literally. I understand the logical fallacy you’re trying to point out, but it could still be a joke vote with some semi-serious reasoning behind it, and at this point continuing to harp on it is more distracting than anything.

Moving on, @Drums I think Barry raised this earlier but I’m curious as well, what was the reason you connected JC with GATA and Nolder?

Already said why

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

They can’t appreciate your slow hand as much as I do. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So up until that post no one spoke of conversion? Cause I've seen it pop up several times and I dont think it was following that necessarily.

My point is this is the perfect tool in scum's hands to both not put in work and to discourage us from scumhunting by planting that seed.

We play like we always do and if we get a real indication about there being a cult we'll deal.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't get what is the "clear signal" in that. Honestly I am with Nyn, tired of hearing people complain about a conversion game and want to see the inactives get involved. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Last time I posted I had my top three as JC, Nolder and Gata. Right now I am leaning towards that ridiculous Ape-like domination Gata Nolder being town on town. I could be wrong but that will present itself later if need be. But DPR made a good point-- I was feeling a little burnt out after reading that. 

JC is my vote right now and I still agree with that as of right now. The two games he was town, I respected his play quite a lot. This game? He voted me because of something Nolder said and then voted Nolder because of something I said. That could be him baiting but other than that he posted about Screech. 

Crusher is aloof and hasn't voted, basically just like he did last game when he was scum. You can't post random stuff but not actually play the game-- that is scummy to me. (Edit: Sorry Crusher baby, thought you were playing but you aren't.)

And I think the lack of effort because "it's a conversion game, I know it" or "I am waiting to see if it is a conversion game" is understandable but let's go people! Get in the game! If it ends up being a conversion game, fine do whatever you want, but you're wasting valuable time here. Pac is neither confirming nor denying anything and I'm sure there will be some other random sh*t here too. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

So up until that post no one spoke of conversion? Cause I've seen it pop up several times and I dont think it was following that necessarily.

My point is this is the perfect tool in scum's hands to both not put in work and to discourage us from scumhunting by planting that seed.

We play like we always do and if we get a real indication about there being a cult we'll deal.

80 literally voted himself and made the comment about the conversion game in his first post which is probably page 1. He also tried fanning the flames of a Nolder vs me stupid debate. I don't trust his ass right now. 

Not feeling great about the absence of Stark. He has been quietly killing it the past few games as town. Beaver mentioned storms so I am not sure if that affected his situation or not. If not, his quietness is on my radar as well. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Last time I posted I had my top three as JC, Nolder and Gata. Right now I am leaning towards that ridiculous Ape-like domination Gata Nolder being town on town. I could be wrong but that will present itself later if need be. But DPR made a good point-- I was feeling a little burnt out after reading that. 

JC is my vote right now and I still agree with that as of right now. The two games he was town, I respected his play quite a lot. This game? He voted me because of something Nolder said and then voted Nolder because of something I said. That could be him baiting but other than that he posted about Screech. 

Crusher is aloof and hasn't voted, basically just like he did last game when he was scum. You can't post random stuff but not actually play the game-- that is scummy to me.

And I think the lack of effort because "it's a conversion game, I know it" or "I am waiting to see if it is a conversion game" is understandable but let's go people! Get in the game! If it ends up being a conversion game, fine do whatever you want, but you're wasting valuable time here. Pac is neither confirming nor denying anything and I'm sure there will be some other random sh*t here too. 

I like this post but just want to point out that Crusher is not playing.

I don't know why 80 is bitching so much when he could have just not signed up knowing Pac loves conversion games. I'm kinda hoping it is a conversion game just because I've never done one. We should kill him for bitching too much.