Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

Had I been paying better attention I'd have suggested we use our allotment of reveals everyday . Pac doesnt like run up amd reveal so I dont believe this would be game breaking but it atleast allows for vetting 

Just now, CTM said:

Had I been paying better attention I'd have suggested we use our allotment of reveals everyday . Pac doesnt like run up amd reveal so I dont believe this would be game breaking but it atleast allows for vetting 

Why don't you actually try to give some reads dude

14 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I thought about the timing thing too, but he posted his reveal so soon after the Hess kill it would have been tough for him to pull something like that off

How soon after did he post? I didn't see it in real time.

I'm just saying that he was getting closer to lynch and knew he'd have to reveal if he wanted to live, and a post like that form the mod is like a gift - it wouldn't take 10 seconds to write what he did. 

I would have thought you'd be more interested in why he chose you to RB?

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Was Cult Leader/quiet player hunting.  

Not a real answer - the mod all but confirmed that the conversions were finished. Plus, your "role" isn't a hunting role per say - it doesn't kill and you don't get info back. To finish it off, Jvill has provided more game related content than either CTM or Lee.

I think it was just an opportunistic Hail Mary reveal. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, this isn't the game for this.  This is a game to rack up dead bodies.  The game is happening with the Night/Day actions.  The noose is a very small part of it.  

The noose, of course, is the town's only collective resource, making it the most important part of the game. For town anyway. 

OMG

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

The even and odd piece.  It resonates with me. And if he's one of the other, he should have a counterpart no?  I'm not saying they should reveal but just sayin

If you "knew" something, it would be a reason to not keep him alive I would think?

14 minutes ago, AVM said:

Same thing every game...

(but I already know Hess was killed now, so pointless to go on about)

This is good all around

I don't think I saw a response, so the rationale...

Typically when something like a day shot attempt happens, mods like to pause play since that players death can actually change the votes required to attain a lynch. If you didn't and someone got run up to what appeared to be L-1 but turned out to be a lynch...most mods don't want a big swing like that to happen as an accident. I know that's how I did it too, but every mod is different.

Kind of thought this was a soft cop claim when Leelou voted DPR

The pirate has contributed well today, seems to be engaging and scum hunting so far...coming around on SMC, yes the drums post pings

I would imagine they would get invited to the cult QT, similar to a symp being found (or recalled, as would have happened a couple games ago)

The timing here actually comes off really good...though I can't see if there was plenty of time in between for 80 to read and react...but doesn't seem like it?

Town having a roleblocker for only even days and cult having a role blocker for only odd days? I kind of see the ying and yang but it does seem weird.

Page 93

ninja'd on pointing out the timing on 80's reveal but good to see someone else on the same page

11 minutes ago, Leelou said:

My thoughts so far, doubt SMC is town. 

JiF, 80 most likely town.

AVM, JC, Jvill, Stark, and Verbal probably town. 

CTM is either town or a convert. 

Drums, meh not town.

Boozer, could vote there.

Something feels off about the pirate.

Can’t read Barry. 

Also could vote for Beaver.

This might come in handy later.

1 minute ago, DPR said:

How soon after did he post? I didn't see it in real time.

It was 1 minute later. I was watching in real time.

---------------------------------

Does anyone else find it suspicious that Hess accused JiF of being Blade and was killed by Blade shortly after? Hess pointed at Nyn (apprentice SK)/JiF interactions as the reason. I looked into this and nyn did have JiF as town, and gave him some defending. 

On 4/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, Stark said:

we on the same page again?

no way, the moon is in the, Third Quarter Phase so clearly @Jetsfan80 is going to claim something like.....

Neighborizer https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neighborizer

or

Tree Stump https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tree_Stump

On 4/15/2020 at 12:59 PM, Stark said:

Scum

Gata, CTM, Hess 

Town 

AVM, Nyn, Lee

On 4/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, Stark said:

abbreviated will answer q's  i just lost all the quotes and explainations and I know some of you will want them.

scum

CTM, HESS, AJ.............. 80. LK. Beaver

Feel good about: Nyn, AVM JC

Okay with JiF, Lee, Jvill, Barry.

Players not named are kind of null for me. 

Okay so Stark has Lee as town the entire game.

So my top two are Stark and Lee right now

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Does anyone else find it suspicious that Hess accused JiF of being Blade and was killed by Blade shortly after? Hess pointed at Nyn (apprentice SK)/JiF interactions as the reason. I looked into this and nyn did have JiF as town, and gave him some defending. 

Do you think it is just one SK left, or multiple? 

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Why don't you actually try to give some reads dude

Oh all right..

Smc is doing his paint by numbers mafia thing. Reads town 

I like 80s bitching at donkey mod so he should live just to be able to continue doing that .. however I am a suspicious of his light assertion that he was given town slut on purpose.. he used if as a means fo support his claim, but we havent seen a lot of roles that fit jn charicature .. maybe lizzie as suicide bomber .. plus it's a fake role that wont be countered in a game where there is a ton of roles scum has to be careful with reveals  (another reason we should force them!!)

Jiff seems gay and townish

Dpr I think his brain has been soaking in rum for 40 years and is now essentially inert, like the blubber on crushers thighs 

Leelou feels off

Would like to run through another cycle quickly and go from there tbh 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

No CTM voted hess because hess pinged chastising people for the lizzie vote.. which I said last night 

Which means me paying 10% attention is smarter than dpr giving 110%

Do you have a PR to post like Pac in a game he's disinterested in?

Because you're posting like Pac in a game he's disinterested in.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

i do kind of agree with leelou @SMC

vote leelou

hm..

I agree Leelou has been too subdued and makes for a good CL or recruit target to date..especially after dropping a vote, leaving and coming back to say eh just a suspicion (basically)

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Cult Apprentice means he was next in line to be CL, right?

Yes and seemingly in line with Nyn...

Does make me think there's something to the notion of roles across town/team(s) that balance each other...

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why does CTM have to be the competing train?  Why not Drums?

I can go Leelou too, possibly.  

Gross, gross, good.

But still feeling better based on the timing of the reveal and Barry re-sparking the thinking I had that there are similar roles across teams. Would explain why Pac, who is seemingly going to great measures to makes sure a game this complex cannot easily be broken, allowed some role reveals but only 2 a day...risk/reward behind the run-up and claim.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Interesting to look at Lizzie Lynch Vote

Lizzie (10) - Nyn, AVM, Verbal, JC, 80, Beaver, Hess, JIF, CTM, SMC

Stark (1) - AJ

Beaver (1) Lizzie

DPR (1) - Leelou

JIF (1) - 32EBoozer

Drums (1) - Stark

80 (3) - Barry, DPR, Drums 

There's 3 more scum in that group

I like this, but it's half done...need to look at both this train and the D1 train with the new info

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Because I think your reveal is bullsh*t

Starting to disagree with this, but I'll hear you out..

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Math.

This in regards to the "3 more scum in the Lizzie lynch" group...I think there's absolutely at least 2, possibly 3 yes. Again, why it would be nice to go back and look at both trains

57 minutes ago, SMC said:

Standard mafia set up for 20 plyrs (there were 21 in this game). Has 5 scum, 15 town.  You can also see 5 scum, 1 SK, 14 town.

This is a recruitment game so you can't have the scum start at 5 because that would cause a misbalanced game if there is a recruitment.

As such, you have to reduce the scum team by number of recruitment possibilities.  For instance, if there is 1 recruitment possibility then there has to be 4 scum team to start.  Pac showed up 2 recruitments so we can believe original scum team were 3 (i.e., 3+2).

Note, if there is a further recruitment, then the scum team likely started with 2, with 3 recruitment possibilities (2+3).

Well we know a bit more to help fine-tune the math...

Yes, cult started with at least two (based on Hess' flip) so we're at 2-4 there. SK started with two, based on Nyn's flip...so we're likely looking at starting with either 17 town, 2 cult, 2 SK or 16 town, 2 cult, 2 SK...important for looking back at votes prior to the conversions (specifically GATA)

Once converted/max out for cult would then either be 14 town, 5 cult, 2 SK or 15 town, 4 cult, 2 SK

We also haven't gone back to the vote controller thing..

40 minutes ago, SMC said:

Side note, as is our usual anniversary tradition (we'll be married 18 years next week), I take my wife to a Broadway musical.  We had tickets for Moulin Rouge for today, but Broadway is shut down.  So we're watching Phantom of the Opera London Production on Youtube (its' great) right now while I'm playing JN Mafia. LOL.

If not for Covid19, today would be so much different

At least you all are making the best of it - soon to be happy anniversary, sorry the day hasn't turned out like planned

31 minutes ago, SMC said:

It should be noted that Nyn was the SK Apprentice, which may mean there is a SK out there.

This pause doesn't look like a recruitment.  More like a kill attempt.  Potentially, that attempt now may have been from the SK.

I don't think may, I don't see how it doesn't confirm - especially with the kills we've seen thus far and the scenes we've been provided

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh f**k you dude.  I didn't even see Hess's death while I was posting my reveal.  And that's a terrible argument trying to use that as my impetus to reveal.  I was somewhere between L-1 and L-3 you numbskull.

Only way you're cult is two ways:

You've been converted and you/Hess were bussing

Somehow you're a roleblocker for an SK team? Doesn't make sense though...so it seems like town or convert...

I 100% believe the reveal though, and of the possible candidates for recruits I don't think someone who is easily lynched is the best...so I'm flipping back to town on 80.

Page 96

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Good enough - you're the second person to note this. 1 minute would be a quick scramble for sure. 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I'm going to role reveal. I am an ambitious investigator and had a 1x investigative power. I really wanted to use it later but I thought I might get lynched before I got to use it so I investigated Lee a few hours ago. Her train wasn't a train at the time but now I feel like I wasted my power.

Lee has been confirmed as not town. All the info I got. 

Actually I don't feel like I wasted it

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I'm going to role reveal. I am an ambitious investigator and had a 1x investigative power. I really wanted to use it later but I thought I might get lynched before I got to use it so I investigated Lee a few hours ago. Her train wasn't a train at the time but now I feel like I wasted my power.

Perfect, 3 times in a row on teh right train

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

vote Lee

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Well, that's interesting.