GreenBean’s Mock Draft 2.0

JetNation

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

GreenBean--MockDraft-2.0

GreenBean is back with his Mock Draft version 2.0. Joe Douglas will soon be on the clock as he works on improving the NY Jets roster.

The post GreenBean’s Mock Draft 2.0 appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

TrtvoCHXpxA

Click here to read the full story...

Hey... there it is.  hahaha

Wouldya just look at that mug?   I'm telling ya I'm getting uglier by the damned day right about now. :( 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Love love love Jerry Jeudy he's been my guy 100%. 

Haven't finished watching yet about to finish just wanted to say you're awesome and got a real fan in DWC (me) can't wait until I finish watching rounds 2-6. 

Have not selected a WR since Moss and before him 1996 Keyshawn. Crazy man. 

Jeudy (or CeeDee) it better be!

• Upvote 1

Best mock yet. 

You attacked 3 of our 4 weaknesses. (WR. O-Line and CB). 

And for once. An offensive minded draft. Breath of fresh air with already a great defense in place.

Walking away with both Jeudy and Pittman Jr. for Sam? Crazy talk.

And I'm an FSU fan but I'm absolutely nuts over Lamical Perine watched so many of his game down here in FL with a Gators buddy of mine killed us 2018 ran all over FSUs defense and 3,159 All Purpose yards from scrimmage within the SEC?!? as a 3 year starter? He's sick. 2019 bowl game MVP too. 

QB: Sam Darnold. 

RB: Le'Veon Bell. 

WR1: Jerry Jeudy. 

Slot: Jamison Crowder. 

TE1: Chris Herndon. 

WR2: Michael Pittman Jr. 

Behind a much improved Joe Douglas offensive line? That. Is. SICK!

RB2; Lamical Perine

TE2: Ryan Griffin. 

WR4: Breshad Perriman.

Awesome backups off the bench too. Offensive weapons.

Sick. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Wouldya just look at that mug?   I'm telling ya I'm getting uglier by the damned day right about now. :( 

Love the Bryce Hall pick!  This is amazing brother.  Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Best mock yet. 

And for once. An offensive minded draft. Breath of fresh air with already a great defense in place.

And I'm an FSU fan but I'm absolutely nuts over Lamical Perine watched so many of his game down here in FL with a Gators buddy of mine killed us 2018 ran all over FSUs defense and 3,159 All Purpose yards from scrimmage within the SEC?!? as a 3 year starter? He's sick. 2019 bowl game MVP too. 

RB2; Lamical Perine

Sick. 

Perriman WR4??????????

Thanks GB.  I, like many others, hoping to see that 10 yr. LT sitting there at #11. That said, I can see top 4 OL gone by then and should flip to Top WR available. I wish there was a Dez, Michael Thomas, Keyshawn type receiver for us. Big, physical #1 receiver. Maybe Pittman Jr. can be that guy? At 11 you definitely go speed/technician. That WR 1 is Jeudy. Great help to Sammy by opening up the field. While not RA fast, he will be more reliable by being on the spot when the ball arrives. Sam loves releasing early if he can trust his WR. 

I’m also certain Greg Williams will love your 3rd rd. pick. Gase needs to give Williams some tools to work with also. Would have loved to see an Edge with one of the top 4 picks but depth on OL important and maybe we hit on a 10 yr. starting OL with one of them. 

Thanks for sharing. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Best mock yet. 

RB2; Lamical Perine

Sick. 

Whose going to block for them ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I love Pittman. I'm doubtful he'll be there in the 3rd though. And yea, you are getting uglier by the day. So's everybody else over the age of fourty

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gooch said:

Perriman WR4??????????

Damn right.

If we land both Jeudy and Pittman Jr...

Those are two ready made (to start) day 1 starters for Sam Darnold. 

Slot (3): Jamison Crowder. 

WR4: Breshad Perriman. 

Stacked WR unit (above). 

Jeudy/Pittman Jr would become our WR version of Ferguson/Mangold of 2006 (day 1 starters). 

I don't mind this draft.  If what we are being told is true kindly is not at all a jets type of olineman as far as zone blocking.

It illustrates what I have faced in most mock drafts I have been doing.  If you do not go OT at 11, good luck getting a guy you really like in the 2nd round.

I like both CB picks, I like both WR picks, i like the running back.  Not happy having to settle for prince. 

Looks like jamal adams and Jordan jenskins are our pass rushing terrors again next year though.   ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Best mock yet. 

RB2; Lamical Perine

Sick. 

The massive problem with what you just posted.  You have not mentioned one olineman and are a victim of the shiny toy syndrome.  This glut of great talent don;t mean shi* if the oline is lousy once again.

Prince is a question mark, kindly does not fit the system, i like the taylor pick but he is a few years away.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I can't wait to see a mock draft after a blockbuster Jets trade in the near future right before the draft.

Im almost done with the full first round mock and I have about 7 trades going. haha.  I'm trying to get these in close to the draft but before a big trade up and ruins everything Ive done haha 

I found a good simulator last night called PFN simulator and it allows trades at any time. As long as the value aligns with the chart. It's pretty awesome. My final Jets mock will be right before the draft and will have 2 trades in the first at minimum. lol 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't mind this draft.  If what we are being told is true kindly is not at all a jets type of olineman as far as zone blocking.

It illustrates what I have faced in most mock drafts I have been doing.  If you do not go OT at 11, good luck getting a guy you really like in the 2nd round.

I like both CB picks, I like both WR picks, i like the running back.  Not happy having to settle for prince. 

Looks like jamal adams and Jordan jenskins are our pass rushing terrors again next year though.   ?

Exactly right.  I've done a few with WR being the first pick and it's ugly every time. There was one where Ezra Cleveland made it to 48 but man, that's a long shot. Granted these mocks aren't the real world but it does raise an important consideration. Whenever I take a T at 11 I have a nice array of WR's in the 2nd. When I take a WR at 11, it's slim pickings for the OT at 48. 

I sure as hell hope the Jets are on to this one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Damn right.

If we land both Jeudy and Pittman Jr...

Those are two ready made (to start) day 1 starters for Sam Darnold. 

Slot (3): Jamison Crowder. 

WR4: Breshad Perriman. 

Stacked WR unit (above). 

Jeudy/Pittman Jr would become our WR version of Ferguson/Mangold of 2006 (day 1 starters). 

Well,from your lips to Gods ears I hope so then!!!!!

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

haha. I thought you might. UVA FOR EVER!! 

So I’m not sure if they’re still doing this but there is a tradition at UVA called the fourth year fifth. Which basically means your senior year of undergrad you’re supposed to finish a fifth of bourbon, or another booze, by the end of the last home game. I did my second year, started drinking at 9 AM after having pancakes and then a big jim platter.  Big Jim’s was the most popular barbecue place and they had a great burgerplatter . They have EMTs just waiting at the stadium, Because they know there are going to be a lot of people with alcohol poisoning and serious conditions. If you have an experienced it you must go to the last home UVA game and check it out for yourself.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I forgot to say this, but thank you @GREENBEAN for the great job you do on the JetNation videos. I always look forward to them, even more so nowadays while looking for a healthy distraction...well, maybe not exactly healthy but a distraction nonetheless. ?

Thanks man. I appreciate it.  The truth is I actually look forward to making them. The research and all of that acts as a decent distraction as well.  I'm glad you like them. I'm starting to Get a little more comfortable... at least I think am. :) 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lil O said:

So I’m not sure if they’re still doing this but there is a tradition at UVA called the fourth year fifth. Which basically means your senior year of undergrad you’re supposed to finish a fifth of bourbon, or another booze, by the end of the last home game. I did my second year, started drinking at 9 AM after having pancakes and then a big jim platter.  Big Jim’s was the most popular barbecue place and they had a great burgerplatter . They have EMTs just waiting at the stadium, Because they know there are going to be a lot of people with alcohol poisoning and serious conditions. If you have an experienced it you must go to the last home UVA game and check it out for yourself.

Wow. I never heard of that.  I would have been there for sure to see that. Big Jims is another BBQ place now. I forget the name but I've been there a few times. They are known for the BBQ sundae which is spectacular. 

Good stuff man! 

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Gotta go with a LT with #11 even if we reach for Josh Jones.  Jeudy and Prince vs. Jones and Pittman.  Love alot of your picks though. Hall CB, Pittman WR and Perrine RB Lights out. And Taylor sounds like a steal!

Yeah I agree. Tackle HAS to be the pick imo.  There is just no ifs ands or buts about it to me.  As much as I like some of these WR's up there, the Tackles fall off a cliff and fast. I did another mock last night just to play around and the same thing happened. Of course the simulators are not real life but it highlights a very real possibility. The plug and play Tackles are not as plentiful as the WR's.  It really is that simple. 

The other thing I am really beginning to believe is that McGovern is here to play G. This is one of the most robust C Classes in a very long Time. We nab a starting LT and C in the draft and move McGovern over to G. Then we can have an honest to goodness Competition for the other G spot between Lewis and Van Roten. Fant and Edoga can slug it out on the right side and we are off to the races man. And that's without the potential 4th-6th rd G's we can easily grab too.  If JD plays this right the entire Offense can be revamped in one offseason. 

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah I agree. Tackle HAS to be the pick imo.  There is just no ifs ands or buts about it to me.  As much as I like some of these WR's up there, the Tackles fall off a cliff and fast. I did another mock last night just to play around and the same thing happened. Of course the simulators are not real life but it highlights a very real possibility. The plug and play Tackles are not as plentiful as the WR's.  It really is that simple. 

The other thing I am really beginning to believe is that McGovern is here to play G. This is one of the most robust C Classes in a very long Time. We nab a starting LT and C in the draft and move McGovern over to G. Then we can have an honest to goodness Competition for the other G spot between Lewis and Van Roten. Fant and Edoga can slug it out on the right side and we are off to the races man. And that's without the potential 4th-6th rd G's we can easily grab too.  If JD plays this right the entire Offense can be revamped in one offseason. 

Definitely since JD would have to go WR in round 2.     LT - Thomas/Becton/Jones,   G Lewis/Vaan Roten  at center it will have to be a 3rd rounder (Hennessey/Badass/Hanson) McGovern G, Fant RT. That would be light years better than the flimsy OL we had last year.  And as you mentioned, JD can acquire even more depth to add with the FA's hes signed.  Looking good!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Love love love Jerry Jeudy he's been my guy 100%. 
Haven't finished watching yet about to finish just wanted to say you're awesome and got a real fan in DWC (me) can't wait until I finish watching rounds 2-6. 
Have not selected a WR since Moss and before him 1996 Keyshawn. Crazy man. 
Jeudy (or CeeDee) it better be!
They will both look terrible if Sam can't get time to throw the ball to them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Definitely since JD would have to go WR in round 2.     LT - Thomas/Becton/Jones,   G Lewis/Vaan Roten  at center it will have to be a 3rd rounder (Hennessey/Badass/Hanson) McGovern G, Fant RT. That would be light years better than the flimsy OL we had last year.  And as you mentioned, JD can acquire even more depth to add with the FA's hes signed.  Looking good!

It's exciting when you think of it. Just that line you wrote there has a lot of potential to be top 1/2 of the league right out of the Gate. The cool thing is that JD has been signing guys cut from the same cloth. Smart, low sack numbers and almost zero penalties. It's a unit of like individuals. The guys we are talking about from the draft are similar in that they are very smart players. Thomas alone is of above average intelligence and plays that way. 

Another thing to consider is that the run on Guards most likely won't even happen until the late second and third rds. That puts us in very good position to grab someone like Jonah Jackson, Ben Bredeson, Josh Simpson. Shane Lemieux, Damien Lewis or even Muti who would be a first rd pick if not for the injury stuff. It's crazy. Some of those guys could legitimately be 1st rd picks in other years where the OL and WR crop is not so incredibly deep. 

If we come out of this draft with Thomas/Becton, Hennessy/Cushenberry and Jonah Jackson/Shane Lemieux I would cry. Seriously I might actually cry.  lol  Not even to mention Pittman and Claypool or something like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's exciting when you think of it. Just that line you wrote there has a lot of potential to be top 1/2 of the league right out of the Gate. The cool thing is that JD has been signing guys cut from the same cloth. Smart, low sack numbers and almost zero penalties. It's a unit of like individuals. The guys we are talking about from the draft are similar in that they are very smart players. Thomas alone is of above average intelligence and plays that way. 

Another thing to consider is that the run on Guards most likely won't even happen until the late second and third rds. That puts us in very good position to grab someone like Jonah Jackson, Ben Bredeson, Josh Simpson. Shane Lemieux, Damien Lewis or even Muti who would be a first rd pick if not for the injury stuff. It's crazy. Some of those guys could legitimately be 1st rd picks in other years where the OL and WR crop is not so incredibly deep. 

If we come out of this draft with Thomas/Becton, Hennessy/Cushenberry and Jonah Jackson/Shane Lemieux I would cry. Seriously I might actually cry.  lol  Not even to mention Pittman and Claypool or something like that. 

Dont know about Lemieux but hear raves about him here. And they say Muti is a BEAST.  I could see JD taking 3 OL in this draft.... LT, C G. Thank God we have a GM who knows the importance of the OL unlike Macc who just knew good coffee.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Dont know about Lemieux but hear raves about him here. And they say Muti is a BEAST.  I could see JD taking 3 OL in this draft.... LT, C G. Thank God we have a GM who knows the importance of the OL unlike Macc who just knew good coffee.    

Absolutely. So far JD has been as advertised with making the OL the priority In FA even if he didn't grab one of the bigger ticket guys.  Signing 3 additional OL and resigning another is a major step in the right direction. Letting guys like Qvaule, Shell and Compton go is another very good sign. Macc probably keeps all three of them and overpays Shell like he's a premier RT. My only fear is If JD feels like he did a good enough job in FA to leave the OL alone until the later rds. That would be a mistake imo. 

At minimum grabbing that LT in rd 1 is paramount to me. Let's hope our Gm truly does get it. All signs signify he does so far, but we're the Jets. Our track record is to completely F*ck this up and go K'Lavon Chaisson in rd 1. ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Absolutely. So far JD has been as advertised with making the OL the priority In FA even if he didn't grab one of the bigger ticket guys.  Signing 3 additional OL and resigning another is a major step in the right direction. Letting guys like Qvaule, Shell and Compton go is another very good sign. Macc probably keeps all three of them and overpays Shell like he's a premier RT. My only fear is If JD feels like he did a good enough job in FA to leave the OL alone until the later rds. That would be a mistake imo. 

At minimum grabbing that LT in rd 1 is paramount to me. Let's hope our Gm truly does get it. All signs signify he does so far, but we're the Jets. Our track record is to completely F*ck this up and go K'Lavon Chaisson in rd 1. ? 

Don't see that happening.  JD upon hiring stated he'd focus on OL.  McGovern- top add on. Everyone else was pretty much average.  HE knows the draft has gems and the line needs an infusion of youth.  This is the perfect draft for a new GM whose OL is in desperate need of being revamped.  There's elite, very good and workhorse OL in this draft.  #11 LT   #48 WR    #68 edge/CB   #79 WR  # 120 G/C  #158 G/C  #191 RB  #211 BPA

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Don't see that happening.  JD upon hiring stated he'd focus on OL.  McGovern- top add on. Everyone else was pretty much average.  HE knows the draft has gems and the line needs an infusion of youth.  This is the perfect draft for a new GM whose OL is in desperate need of being revamped.  There's elite, very good and workhorse OL in this draft.  #11 LT   #48 WR    #68 edge/CB   #79 WR  # 120 G/C  #158 G/C  #191 RB  #211 BPA

I don't see it happening either but there's that nagging little voice in the back of my head... "don't you dare get your hopes up you F'in idiot. This is the Jets where talking about here!"  lol

You're exactly right though.  This is literally the perfect draft for a guy with JD's  background and pedigree to completely rebuild the entire offense from the inside out. I even like the mid-late rd RB's a whole bunch. If JD could just pull off what all of us at JN are talking about and hoping for we would finally have the chance to have a legitimate NFL level offense.

I would take your draft exactly as you wrote it although I would flip the Edge/CB to #120 and stay offense until the 4th if I had my druthers. But I Get it. There will be more starting potential guards in the 4th than Edge guys and CB's. Hell Anfernee Jennings, Okwara and Jabari Nuniga may still be there at #68.  Good stuff. Our GM better get it right and if he does he will have at least one defender for years to come. 

• Upvote 1