Draft Rumors

SR24

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Atlanta jumped up for Julio Jones and gave up a 1st. 2nd, 4th and a 1st and 2nd the following year. They went from 27 to 6. They made a bold move to help their franchise QB. I could see the Eagles doing the same.  Obviously it wouldn't be as expensive but I could see it being a 1st, 2nd and 4th this year to move up 10 spots. 

Was that a good receiver class? I don't remember.

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Buzz has swirled about both Miami and Los Angeles passing on quarterbacks at Nos. 5 and 6 overall, Albert Breer of SI.com notes, adding that tackle may be each team’s fallback choice. Both franchises possess a need at tackle, and each would be in line to land one of the draft’s coveted prospects at this position.

Worst case scenario for Jets if no QB’s are taken within the top 10

Hopefully they're just trying to dissuade teams from trading up to the 3rd or 4th pick.  

Detroit has been dangling the 3rd pick for a while now.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hopefully they're just trying to dissuade teams from trading up to the 3rd or 4th pick.  

San Diego and miami trying to convince the other that they’re not locked into taking qbs so there’s no need to trade up.  Also, Jax could get into the qb fray as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've been saying this for a week. The dolphins are going Andrew Thomas.  Chargers are going Isaiah Simmons after the Giants pass on him and draft Wills.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

San Diego and miami trying to convince the other that they’re not locked into taking qbs so there’s no need to trade up.  Also, Jax could get into the qb fray as well.

Whoever drafts Herbert is gonna have the next crappy 1st round qb bust

That dude has Bryce Petty written all over him

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I've been saying this for a week. The dolphins are going Andrew Thomas.  Chargers are going Isaiah Simmons after the Giants pass on him and draft Wills.

I think dolphins cave in and draft Tua

They need a face of the franchise, heck they even tried to tank just to maybe get him

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, Wonderboy said:

Wirfs is projected to be a guard. We have Lewis and Van Roten there.  Top talent but what do we do with RT or LT? 

Wirfs pass protection technique isn’t refined enough to be a Left Tackle

He could be someday but no way do you want him at Sam’s blindside as a rookie. I do think he can contribute immediately at Guard or RT

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep they can’t resist the QB siren song. Yo @T0mShane what about Rosen?

Love Tom but Rosen was the most easy bust call since Geno. And he’d be a Jet if Gettleman took Darnold. And we’d be debating whether he was really good because he had a poor supporting cast. Horrifying.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yep they can’t resist the QB siren song. Yo @T0mShane what about Rosen?

Love Tom but Rosen was the most easy bust call since Geno. And he’d be a Jet if Gettleman took Darnold. And we’d be debating whether he was really good because he had a poor supporting cast. Horrifying.

Yeah, sometimes QBs miss. What can you do? He’ll get another shot down the line.

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Could the Redskins shock the draft and take Tua? Haskins is not the answer.  By the time they pick again all the qb's will be gone. Or they could tank and try for the beach boy QB. 

I don’t know although if Skins can figure out Haskins isn’t the guy after year one, why are we in a civil war over Darnold?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, sometimes QBs miss. What can you do? He’ll get another shot down the line.

Yep QBs miss that is true. In fact I assume miss until they hit. Hence my hesitancy with Darnold. Rosen is goosed though. He’s Geno plus 50 IQ points. Backup career possible but he will walk because ego. Then claim victim status on instagram.

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He has way too many question marks and thats without the hip injury

Yeah but the dolphins have a shot at a franchise qb.  Herbert ain’t sh t.  Fitz is fitz and Rosen doesn’t look good

Gotta take a chance

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah but the dolphins have a shot at a franchise qb.  Herbert ain’t sh t.  Fitz is fitz and Rosen doesn’t look good

Gotta take a chance

I think any team that needs a QB would be crazy to pass on Tua, ESPECIALLY if he falls to them without a trade up.

If Tua slides by Miami & San Diego I can definitely see Chuckie Gruden trading up for him. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Gotta take a chance

You don't risk it with injuries,  especially on a year when they couldn't bring him in and do their own thorough physical.. plus he failed a bunch of the physicals at the combine and teams found other injuries that weren't disclosed. He's damaged goods

On 4/19/2020 at 3:37 PM, Marshmello said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/denver-broncos-insider-predicts-draft-trade-for-alabama-wr-jerry-jeudy

Legendary Broncos Insider Predicts Draft Trade for Top WR Jerry Jeudy

Chad Jensen

2 hours ago

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FeE

The NFL rumor mill is cranking out all sorts of buzz on the Denver Broncos' first-round aspirations. Some have GM John Elway moving up from pick 15 to draft one of the top-4 offensive tackles, while others have the Broncos moving up to pick 10 to grab Alabama speedster Henry Ruggs III. 

A new rumor has hit the grapevine and considering the source, it'd be wise to take heed. Legendary Denver reporter Woody Paige added some new smoke to the Dove Valley conflagration on Twitter Sunday morning. 

fLPqWNpY_normal.jpg

@woodypaige What's your final thought on Broncos at 15 or do they move up/down ?

It could go either way. Don’t believe Broncos stay at 15. My sources tell me they go up to 8 or 10 and get Jeudy.

Paige's sources are legit. He's broken more stories on the Broncos than I could ever recount here, including the secretive deal Elway had in place with Mike Shanahan in December of 2017 to return to coach the Broncos for a second stint, which was shot down by team President and CEO Joe Ellis.

As it relates to the draft, last year, Paige was a bullhorn on the Broncos' interest in Drew Lock, and even pegged Noah Fant and Dalton Risner as likely Denver selections. All three wound up in Orange and Blue before day two was over. 

What happens next for the Broncos in the draft? Don't miss out on any news and analysis! Take a second and sign up for our free newsletter and get breaking Broncos news delivered to your inbox daily!

Paige says the Broncos are going to move up to 8 or 10. And in so doing, get into position to take the first WR off the board. According to his sources, that WR is the other Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy. 

For what it's worth, Jeudy was viewed as the near-undisputed WR1 in this class when the pre-draft process started at the end of the 2019 college football season. There were some draftniks who ranked Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb ahead of him, but the majority liked Jeudy as the cream of the crop. 

Then Ruggs went and ran a 4.27 40-yard dash at the Combine and all hell broke loose. Boards were reset and the 'Bama speedster was imminently tied to the Broncos, because, well, the Broncos want to add speed to the WR position. 

Meanwhile, Elway has been happy to send up various smoke signals to camouflage his true intentions in next week's draft. Holding three third-round picks this year, Elway certainly has the capital to maneuver up the board for the guy he wants. 

At this stage, it's hard to know which trail to follow but again, when Paige weighs in this close to the draft, fans should take heed. His sources reach the very top of the Broncos' hierarchy.

This would be great for us