Draft Rumors

SR24

14 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

There's also the possibility that JD has a post draft deal set up with Logan Ryan to start at CB.

That would allow that #79 pick for another OL-WR-RB.

There are so many corners on the roster - Ryan really would just allow that position to be kicked down the curb a year. On the flip side this is a nice corner class.

Tackle, receiver, and edge are just way bigger needs right now. Running back as you said as well makes a lot of sense day two or early day three too.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Rumors about Jerry Jeudy's knee 

This stuff about Juedy’s knee is all false propaganda.  I can tell you from people who have been around that program, that he is fine.  Nothing since his meniscus procedure a couple years ago.  It sucks that people would spread false info to hurt a kids draft stock.  Disgusting actually.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would not draft a player whose strength is lateral quickness and may have a knee issue, but that’s just me

A 6’1, 192 pound, all legs receiver with 22nd percentile athleticism and a single digit Wonderlic. Had free releases out of the slot on a stacked offense with likely three other first round receivers and a top five quarterback - leading to very few times he had to make contested catches. Coming from a program where guys historically have had issues staying healthy once they get to the NFL - and he’s had a meniscus surgery.

Absolutely runs beautiful routes and plays way faster than he timed. But there are so many more flags than people mention. I feel like people feel smarter when they point out his route running - which is admittedly important. It’s a different twist on ”I’m too clever to fall for the player who rose because he tested well at the combine” when that player’s been ranked high all along because it’s possible to be a good athlete and good at football. Actually helps sometimes.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

My yearly (monthly) complaint that it’s a sad state of affairs that the ten beat writers presumably covering the Jets every day as their chosen career are playing XBox right now instead of posting well-sourced stories about what the Jets are doing today and tomorrow. You hire a bunch of cheapie kids who don’t know how to network and you end up here, at the mercy of two NFL-affiliated national reporters, who have to spoon-feed the local “journalists” even the most meager slices of information because they’re incapable of producing original content. They’re not reporters, they’re retweeters

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

There is no way the dolphins trade up from 5 to take a tackle, when they will get either their first or second choice.

Seriously.  Are they so hung up on jsut one of these guys, and so sure the Giants will take exactly that one, that they would move up?  I don't see it.  In any case, I hope we have at least approached JAX and maybe CAR about a move up if things start tipping towards the early run.  I really prefer an OT to a WR in round 1.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Seriously.  Are they so hung up on jsut one of these guys, and so sure the Giants will take exactly that one, that they would move up?  I don't see it.  In any case, I hope we have at least approached JAX and maybe CAR about a move up if things start tipping towards the early run.  I really prefer an OT to a WR in round 1.

The dolphins, chargers and jags are all in a game of chess for the qbs, so i get it.  

I do think the jets will be choosing between Becton, wills and lamb, it’s one of those 3.  I believe Wirfs and Thomas are gone and if Denver or the raiders trade up for a wr, it will probably be ruggs.  

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
This is coming in a story I just filed, but there is growing belief in the NFL (teetering on possible) that all four OTs are gone before No. 11. Heard late last night from a source the #Jets have started their own homework on moving up. Team that might try to jump NY: TB

That would suck if they have to trade up

• Upvote 1