Draft Rumors

SR24

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

giants and dolphins aren't taking a RT top 5.  if the bucs trade up for a tackle it will probably be a LT.  i do think wills is the most likely to drop.

A RT just got $20 mil per in free agency. I don’t think LT and RT designations matter anymore

• Upvote 4

Just now, T0mShane said:

A RT just got $20 mil per in free agency. I don’t think LT and RT designations matter anymore

when you're drafting in the top 10, i do think it impacts the decision.  again, i think the jets are getting wills, becton or lamb.  probably not ruggs.  if teams like atlanta and denver trade up for a cb and wr, then it definitely helps the jets.  

the biggest thing that will determine whether becton makes it to 11 is whether cleveland stays at 10 or trades for trent.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

From CLE.  So they  have to believe whoever they draft can start at LT.  They can't put the rookie at RT for a year.  Which may help us depending on who falls and what CLE thinks of their ability to play the left side.

After seeing how Douglas operated during the FA period, I thought we would've traded down by now.

It just seemed like he felt we weren't a "go for it now" type of team, and I thought he would've been looking to acquire as many picks as possible to strengthen the roster, rather than take one better prospect at #11.

Now that we're a day away, the odds of that happening are becoming more remote, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles taking a WR at #11 tomorrow night.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

giants and dolphins aren't taking a RT top 5.  if the bucs trade up for a tackle it will probably be a LT.  i do think wills is the most likely to drop.

Wills protected Tua's blindside. He can absolutely move to the left side. 

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

It'll be awfully hard for him to feign excitement if the Jets inexplicably go defense tomorrow night. Might be worth tuning in just for that. 

26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Broncos have Lock, they're not taking a QB. I could easily see the Dolphins trading back up from 18 to take their QB. I think they want Love not Tua or Herbert

Oops.  That meant to say 15 to the Patriots after a trade with the Broncos.  Belichick does something uncharacteristic and trades up for a QB.  Wants to prove its him and not Brady that is the reason for the Patriots success.  Then retires after two unsuccessful seasons with Love.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Strongside blockers have been getting drafted high for quite some time now. I'm not sure what universe we're living in where it isn't considered at least a quasi-premium valued position anymore. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, slats said:

It'll be awfully hard for him to feign excitement if the Jets inexplicably go defense tomorrow night. Might be worth tuning in just for that. 

to my knowledge he never played LT and that will matter to the gms drafting tomorrow.  IMO he is the most likely to slip to 11, in part b/c cleveland won't take him b/c they don't need a plug and play RT.

1 minute ago, slats said:

i wonder how sam's parents will react when they take kinlaw.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Then we’re sitting there in August and Becton has some transparently steroid-related soft-tissue injury and Jamal Adams is being a nuclear-grade c*nt about his contract and we’re all like, hey, maybe we have a shot at Justin Fields.

Fast forward to December, Trevor Lawrence has made Joe Burrow's season look mediocre after cutting his hair so he looks like a normal human, and the Jets are in the drivers seat for the #1 pick with two games ago. But they win out and end up with the #6 pick.

Rumors are the best position player in the draft is a defensive tackle who's a combination of a bowling ball of butcher knives and like trying to block a bar of soap.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

everyone the jets want are not going to be drafted in the top 10 picks.  there are coveted cbs, DTs who other teams will target.  not every team has ignored OL for more than a decade like the jets.

Exactly. We just need to stay put and let the draft come to us.

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

After seeing how Douglas operated during the FA period, I thought we would've traded down by now.

It just seemed like he felt we weren't a "go for it now" type of team, and I thought he would've been looking to acquire as many picks as possible to strengthen the roster, rather than take one better prospect at #11.

Now that we're a day away, the odds of that happening are becoming more remote, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles taking a WR at #11 tomorrow night.

I don't think you get the value in a trade down that you want until you're on the clock.  Who knows what player will be there?!??  If it's Tua that dropped we might be able to hold that pick hostage for a boatload of picks.  If Okudah or Simmons drop, then likewise.

I still think there's a better than 50% chance the Jets trade down.  But I don't think it happens until we're on the clock.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Then we’re sitting there in August and Becton has some transparently steroid-related soft-tissue injury and Jamal Adams is being a nuclear-grade c*nt about his contract and we’re all like, hey, maybe we have a shot at Justin Fields.

What's the downside to this scenario?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I 100% agree with this.  The way modern offenses are run from the shotgun, the left side is hardly a "blindsided" for a right handed QB.  Add into it that defenses will move their pass rushers all up and down the line, the gap of importance between LT vs RT is probably very narrow.

So apparently the Dolphins are trying to trade up from 18 to 3. Seems like the want both the 3rd and 5th picks.

Idk if Detroit would do it, that's quite a drop from 3 to 18. It would take the Dolphins 18th & 26th pick, as well as 1 of their 2nd round picks (maybe both) and who knows what else.