Draft Rumors

SR24

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I've been on the anyone not named Becton train since he shot up the board. That pick smells so Jetsy.

Anyone have a positive spin for us taking what I see as a project who has only shot up for being a combine workout warrior?

Yeah the main spin would be that he didn't "shoot up" because of his combine workout.  Lots of mocks had him in the mid 1st Rd area(or higher) before the combine 

• Upvote 2

A player like Ruggs would make sense for a Broncos team that rosters the 6-foot-4 Courtland Sutton. The Broncos have been linked to a trade-up, but for Jeudy and not Ruggs. As for the Eagles, they have been connected to receivers throughout the pre-draft process. But at this point, it is looking like Philly will have to move up from No. 21 to land Ruggs.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I've been on the anyone not named Becton train since he shot up the board. That pick smells so Jetsy.

Anyone have a positive spin for us taking what I see as a project who has only shot up for being a combine workout warrior?

Daniel Jeremiah had him as his number 1 tackle BEFORE the combine. There's a huge thread in the draft forum on him if you are so inclined.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

1.  You guys have to stop making believe he had "ZERO time"on every play. #exaggeration. Darnold made some good plays when he had time, and he made some bad ones too. It wasn't all the OL. It was Darnold also.

2.  Saying Sam is a "VERY good QB" is based on nothing factual. It's purely you letting you fandom cloud your judgement.  He's played two seasons, and hasn't been better than a bottom 10 QB either year. No way that is a "VERY good QB". Sorry.

3.  Saying he "could be Very Great given the TIME to throw" What the heck, we're Jets fans. If we can't hope and dream for pie in the sky, what else have we got going for us? At this point, I'd be happy if he ends up being somewhere between 12-18 in the league. That would be a big step forward.

Give him all the time in the world and if the WRs aren't getting separation, aren't getting open it makes little difference when he was given time.  

And having time while running around to avoid the sack and pressure isnt on him either.

2 of your 3 points seem like one and the same, dont you think.  

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

Daniel Jeremiah had him as his number 1 tackle BEFORE the combine. There's a huge thread in the draft forum on him if you are so inclined.

I'm ready to roll with Bechton and Edoga as our tackles for the next 10 years, how about you? :)

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

He is like the one guy on offense I do not want the Jets to pick. I think he has the highest bust potential of the OTs

40 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah the main spin would be that he didn't "shoot up" because of his combine workout.  Lots of mocks had him in the mid 1st Rd area(or higher) before the combine 

38 minutes ago, RobR said:

Cool, I'll have to give it a read and hopefully get on board. I may have taken what I can thought was combine hype to seriously. 

I take it you gents like him as a prospect.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He is like the one guy on offense I do not want the Jets to pick. I think he has the highest bust potential of the OTs

This is the type of thing I keep hearing that makes me wary .... 

Raw and bust potential..... And Jets.

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

FWIW (and I rarely, if ever post rumors), my good friend is working the draft broadcast for Yahoo and he said he over heard someone commenting that the Jets were targeting Wills and Jeudy. 

I don't think Wills will be there when at 11.

I prefer Lamb, but I'm fine with Jeudy though 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm ready to roll with Bechton and Edoga as our tackles for the next 10 years, how about you? :)

It's definitely a possibility since it sure seems like the Jets staff is still high on Edoga. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’d rather take Josh Jones at 11 then trade up and give up any picks. Screw that noise. 

You can trade down to high teens and still get Josh Jonesb while picking up a couple of extra mid round picks.  The Jets have so many holes and a severe lack of quality depth they should trade down no matter what. Macc always used the excuse that the player was too good to pass up and a lot of people killed him for it.  Now those same people don't want Douglas to trade back.  At some point this team needs a massive infusion of young talent.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I take it you gents like him as a prospect.

People keep talking like he has the lowest floor of any of these prospects and I don't agree with that assessment at all. His floor is a pro bowl RT and his ceiling is the best LT in the game in a couple of years. 

People keep talking about how he is going too eat himself out of the league and that is the furthest from the truth. When he weighed in at 364 lbs. he had 17% body fat, which is incredible. He's just one of those freaks that needs some time, and the team that drafts him will be rewarded. People like Becton don't grow on trees.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, RobR said:

People keep talking like he has the lowest floor of any of these prospects and I don't agree with that assessment at all. His floor is a pro bowl RT and his ceiling is the best LT in the game in a couple of years. 

People keep talking about how he is going too eat himself out of the league and that is the furthest from the truth. When he weighed in at 364 lbs. he had 17% body fat, which is incredible. He's just one of those freaks that needs some time, and the team that drafts him will be rewarded. People like Becton don't grow on trees.

I'd be fine with Becton. If he's as good as you think, then the Jets won't have a shot at him at 11 anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JBL7 said:

I'd be fine with Becton. If he's as good as you think, then the Jets won't have a shot at him at 11 anyway.

I don't think we will but we'll find out soon enough. Crazier things have happened come draft day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobR said:

If that ends up being his realistic window then I will be happy we grabbed him.

• Upvote 2