Draft Rumors

SR24

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

if we go henderson over o line or wr i will finally lose it

We won’t.  Henderson is probably going in the top 10 anyway.  I think news writers  do this to get a rise out of our fans which it obviously works

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:
What I hear on Dolphins QB situation, FWIW: They think Burrow is Joe Montana. Have offered a ton. Bengals virtually certain to keep pick They like Tua a lot but medical is a concern. They aren't big on Herbert They are super intrigued by Love's upside.5 is high but have 18 & 26

This was the WORST thing that could ever happen to the Fins this year with 3 firsts & they can't get the best QB because not only do the Bengals need a QB, they need to reinvigorate the fan base & here comes Burrow, A HOME TOWN OHIO boy to save the day, lmao! 

Just imagine if this was us in this position. It totally sucks! You can't get your QB that you want, if you take a QB or defense, you help the Jets by pushing a need closer to us in a LT or WR. This is really enjoyable. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Andre Dillard is so good that the Eagles are going to dump him and have zero left tackles on the roster next year. Seems legit

Tells me they are afraid to keep him & put Wentz in danger.

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I can't wrap my head around the Dolphins moving up to 3 to take a tackle.

If you trade up, you have to take the QB you want first, IMO 

They don't want Tua or Herbert at 5, the Chargers don't want them at 6. I've been saying that for a week and you all keep telling me I'm crazy. 4-5 tackles are going in the top 10. If Cleveland can't trade out it'll be 5.

24 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

if we go henderson over o line or wr i will finally lose it

Henderson is a good player and would be a huge boost to the CB’s. CB is still a need. Desir, Poole, and maybe Bless Austin? That needs something more. 

With that said, I don’t believe CB is a top need. It’s OT or WR all the way for me. I’d be shocked if the top two picks aren’t those positions. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Think about it.....All signs point to them missing out on Burrow and probably getting the choice of any of the next QBs.  BUT, they also need OLine help in a draft that is top-heavy in OTs.  Could get the first or second OT in the Draft at #5.

IF they take a talented and intriguing QB like Tua whose only concerns on injuries and they forgo getting an OT at the top of the Draft then you're putting "an egg back there" on offense and might not be protecting him as well as you could.

If I'm Miami I take Tua at #5 and then use 18 and 26 to try to move into the Top 10 ahead of the Jets and Browns for OT2 or OT3.

The Dolphins obviously want to come out of Round 1 with a QB and OT.  They have 3 picks....but they seem to be having a problem navigating the Board to get into the spots they want.

If I'm Miami I don't draft a QB until day 3. I take a tackle at 5, WR at 18 and a RB at 26. Then I sign Winston the next day. With their defense and their 2 shutdown CB's that immediately vault into the playoff discussion. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think I’d hate it. You’d add Dillard, Rasul Douglas, and Justin Jefferson for the 11th pick? Not bad

Agreed

I was all about trading down last year if Bosa was gone and taking either Dillard or Jonah Williams.

I’d sure as hell prefer Dillard over any of the 2nd round or later OT’s. Hell, I’d prefer him over guys like Josh Jones and Austin Jackson.

If we could pick up Dillard, another young CB like Douglas to compete with Bless Austin for the #2 job, and still walk away with Jefferson/Mims at #21...that actually wouldn’t be bad at all.

Still, I think Manish is talking out of his assh0le and the Jets will ultimately end up sticking at #11.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, derp said:

Dillard in a trade down would not be surprising. Better than Douglas. Could see the Browns doing that one too.

2019 1st round pick. Same grade by NFL.com as Becton this year. He was behind Jason Peters last year at LT. He played well in the 3 games he started when Peters was injured. He played well enough to give it thought about going back to Peters when he was healthy. I just think the Eagles are desperate for a #1 WR and know they can bring back Peters if they move Dillard. From what I read it seems Dillard would fit in this style of offense. 

• Upvote 1

The Lions (No. 3) and 49ers (Nos. 13 and 31) appear to be the most aggressive teams when it comes to trading down, Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports hears (via Twitter). He also hears that the Lions aren’t getting much in the way of enticing offers, whereas the Niners could have possibilities for both picks.

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

The Dolphins are hoping to acquire the Lions’ No. 3 choice and package it with their own No. 5 for the Bengals’ first overall pick, Mike Florio of PFT hears. The Lions have told the Dolphins that they won’t give up the No. 3 pick without the No. 5 pick in the package, but Miami GM Chris Grier seems to think they can be swayed. 

That would be an utterly crazy wild trade, fins would have to give a future 1st at least.

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The Lions (No. 3) and 49ers (Nos. 13 and 31) appear to be the most aggressive teams when it comes to trading down, Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports hears (via Twitter). He also hears that the Lions aren’t getting much in the way of enticing offers, whereas the Niners could have possibilities for both picks.

If the jets miss out on an OT at 11, i could easily see us going after pick 31 to get one of the 2nd tier tackles like jones or cleveland.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

#3 is No Man's Land.  Just ask the Jets last year.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This was the WORST thing that could ever happen to the Fins this year with 3 firsts & they can't get the best QB because not only do the Bengals need a QB, they need to reinvigorate the fan base & here comes Burrow, A HOME TOWN OHIO boy to save the day, lmao! 

Just imagine if this was us in this position. It totally sucks! You can't get your QB that you want, if you take a QB or defense, you help the Jets by pushing a need closer to us in a LT or WR. This is really enjoyable. 

I'm for anything that phucks the Phins!

• Upvote 1