Draft Rumors

SR24

The Panthers have been “consistently” receiving calls from clubs interested in wide receiver Curtis Samuel, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (on Twitter) hears. So far, they haven’t been keen on the idea of trading Samuel, but Rapoport says it’s worth monitoring in case they get an offer that’s too good to pass up. 

pretty sure Samuel is from Brooklyn 

9 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The Jaguars did not receive any offers for Yannick Ngakoue, GM Dave Caldwell says (via ESPN.com’s Mike DiRocco). With that, they’re planning to have him on the roster in 2020, though the defensive end won’t be happy about that. 

So what’s Yannick going to do, pull a Leveon and sit the year out? Jets should try to see if they can work something out at least with them 

Schefter on with Hahn and Bart, and Schefter 1. Is cooking and chopping vegetables or some sh*t and sounds miserable and 2. Said veteran players (Yannick, Judon, etc.) aren’t drawing any interest in trades because teams can’t do physicals and also because there’s uncertainty whether or not there will even be a season, and nobody wants to hand out cash to guys if they can’t play the year anyway. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

So what’s Yannick going to do, pull a Leveon and sit the year out? Jets should try to see if they can work something out at least with them 

He's gonna sit out a season that might not even happen, or might be delayed.

It's not going to play out well for Ngakoue.  The Jaguars have every right to tell him to kick rocks.  

Hopefully we do the same in a certain potential contract dispute.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Hey Rob. I think you have 11 picks to take my $. Once it gets to 45, you’re done

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think he goes early today.....we'll see. At this point I'd rather lose the bet and have Mims fall to us at 48....it's worth $100 to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

According to Pauline 

The Colts own a pair of selections at the top of the second round, 34 and 44. They will work the phones to try to move down from 34. If they can’t move the pick, the selection is likely to be USC wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr., who would fill a void at the position.

Pittman was in the conversation Thursday night for both the Minnesota Vikings and San Francisco 49ers. The Vikings ended up selecting Justin Jefferson, who they never expected to be available. The Niners settled on Brandon Aiyuk, as the team felt he was a better fit for their system.

• Post of the Week 1