Draft Rumors

SR24

3 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

The Jets, who own the Giants’ selection in the third round, also have a lot of interest in Hennessy. I am told if they select Hennessey, it would be to play center.  Newly signed free agent Connor McGovern would then slide over to guard, the position many thought he played his best football at while in Denver.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-draft-news-rumors-tony-pauline/2/

I think this would be awesome

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He scares the crap out of me as a prospect. He moves really well but can get overwhelmed at the POA, and for someone playing at a school like Temple you don't want too see that. He's also got some T-Rex arms which should be another cause for concern. 

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

He scares the crap out of me as a prospect. He moves really well but can get overwhelmed at the POA, and for someone playing at a school like Temple you don't want too see that. He's also got some T-Rex arms which should be another cause for concern. 

Rob, what do you think about Lloyd Cushenberry and Biadasz. Huge difference in talent between the two?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rob, what do you think about Lloyd Cushenberry and Biadasz. Huge difference in talent between the two?

Cushenberry by a country mile and I'm not the biggest fan of Cushenberry. TBH I'm not a huge fan of anyone in this center class except for Ruiz who I think is an absolute stud.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rolloffjet said:

Would be funny if giants took Derrick Brown while paying Leo that much money. They would be taking a page out of mac’s handwritten draft guide. Mac’s draft bible Coming soon to a store near you.
look out coming soon GIF by Spotify

Unreal.

Jets - Have Leo, Draft Quinnen.

Giants - Have Leo, Draft Brown.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That's the move that would push Winters out IMO.  Big $$ savings and the Jets would have Hennessy, McGovern, Alex Lewis, Van Roten, Josh Andrews and Jonatthan Harrison all on the interior.  You keep those 6 and let Winters go.

Heck, even the drafting of Jonah Jackson to play OG probably pushes Winters out.  We have at least 3 guys who can all play Center right now....McGovern, Harrison and Van Roten.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's the move that would push Winters out IMO.  Big $$ savings and the Jets would have Hennessy, McGovern, Alex Lewis, Van Roten, Josh Andrews and Jonatthan Harrison all on the interior.  You keep those 6 and let Winters go.

Heck, even the drafting of Jonah Jackson to play OG probably pushes Winters out.  We have at least 3 guys who can all play Center right now....McGovern, Harrison and Van Roten.

Can't wait. 

Never been a fan of Winters

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

don't believe the Jets have as high a grade on Wills as everyone else.  But I've been wrong before. 

I'll tell ya your early assessment of Wills still taints some of my reviews of him  lol 

I like him a lot as a player but don't want to have to do the switch thing from RT to LT if we can avoid it. Everyone just makes assumptions that it will be smooth sailing. That;s not always the case. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, RobR said:

Cushenberry by a country mile and I'm not the biggest fan of Cushenberry. TBH I'm not a huge fan of anyone in this center class except for Ruiz who I think is an absolute stud.

If we go OT in the 1st and Ruiz somehow is still on the board at #48, I would be very torn.  We need WR but getting the LT/C positions nailed would be a very warm and familiar feeling.  I doubt he makes it there, but it might be hard to pass him up unless an equally exciting WR dropped as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

On 4/13/2020 at 11:56 AM, jetstream23 said:

Tampa and Denver are absolutely looking OLine.  Denver is probably similar to the Jets in that both OT and WR are needs.  Tampa is all-in on protecting the ancient Tom Brady and already has weapons.  If anything other than OLine the Bucs are looking defense.

Not sure about Denver as I have seen a number of mocks with them taking either Ruggs if he falls that far. 

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If we go OT in the 1st and Ruiz somehow is still on the board at #48, I would be very torn.  We need WR but getting the LT/C positions nailed would be a very warm and familiar feeling.  I doubt he makes it there, but it might be hard to pass him up unless an equally exciting WR dropped as well.

If JD is high on Ruiz we should take him.  We will be able to get one or two good receivers in round 3.   I'm thinking guys like Tyler Johnson, Bryan Edwards, AGG (hopefully!), Van Jefferson, Quez Watkins, Collin Johnson, Micheal Pittman, Peoples-Jones, Devin Duvernay should be available.  

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, celtasnake said:

In this chart you can see the actual names of the players.

Jets start at line 698.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NTVfzz6UV5Bd_GmRARk5dvw7YrpLBfd-awb0CoUSIac/edit#gid=0

image.png.89fa19db4eaa1fc66fce4e393441d470.png

Interesting list of WRs and Edge.  I would hope they are interested in other candidates and are going off of their tape for evals, but it's clear that if they are going WR at 11 that it would not be for Ruggs or CeeDee... unless its not clear because of smokescreens and stuff. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

image.png.89fa19db4eaa1fc66fce4e393441d470.png

Interesting list of WRs and Edge.  I would hope they are interested in other candidates and are going off of their tape for evals, but it's clear that if they are going WR at 11 that it would not be for Ruggs or CeeDee... unless its not clear because of smokescreens and stuff. 

They had a virtual meeting with Lamb too. Idk. Why he isn't on the list 

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Just stop. Give the kid a chance. He has the ability to be one of the most dominant DT in the game. 

All seriousness, what did you see LAST season (not college) that makes you feel this way?   Did he have even ONE game where he dominated?  I certainly don't recall one.  I saw a few series here and there where he got the better of offensive lineman but they were few and far between.   I hope you are right and takes a BIG step up.  Otherwise it will be a wasted pick.  

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

All seriousness, what did you see LAST season (not college) that makes you feel this way?   Did he have even ONE game where he dominated?  I certainly don't recall one.  I saw a few series here and there where he got the better of offensive lineman but they were few and far between.   I hope you are right and takes a BIG step up.  Otherwise it will be a wasted pick.  

I am sure somebody has done a study of Quinnen's 2019 game tape by now.  Anything on YouTube?  Voch Lombardi did a great breakdown of him before last years draft.

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

I am sure somebody has done a study of Quinnen's 2019 game tape by now.  Anything on YouTube?  Voch Lombardi did a great breakdown of him before last years draft.

I will check to see but based on what I saw (and I could have missed something) in the games he played he was rather underwhelming.  Now part of that was him having a number of injuries and getting acclimated to the speed of the game and the size and ability of NFL lineman.   So I have just given a couple of reasons (or excuses) for his less than impressive rookie season.   Lets see if he what he does with a season under his belt.  

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

It already is a wasted pick. He was the absolute last thing that team needed.Just totally gross mismanagement of resources.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

It already is a wasted pick. He was the absolute last thing that team needed.Just totally gross mismanagement of resources.

I hear you but I'm willing to give him this season to see if his draft position was even remotely justified.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I hear you but I'm willing to give him this season to see if his draft position was even remotely justified.  

Me too. It’s not the kid, although it would be nice for him to show he has a pulse. It’s the fact they passed on a good player at a position of huge need . 

• Upvote 1