OT: Best Safety out of these 3

Best S out of these 3 options  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins or Troy Polamalu?

• Ed Reed
    • Brian Dawkins
    • Troy Polamalu

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pls don’t make this a Jamal Adams thread. I realize that opening sentence will make the lot of you make this a Jamal Adams thread but pls don’t lol. thx.

8526020F-9BC6-4A5D-9288-E9F73C4A1105.jpeg

So how does Jamal rate these guys...oh wait...sorry

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would have thrown Sean Taylor into this poll too.  

Ed Reed is the answer.  Greatest ballhawk the game has ever seen, and his skillset will always be important no matter what they do with the rules.

Sean Taylor was the LT of safeties.  No one played the position better. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Liked Polamalu the best 

but Reed was the best 

I feel the same.  But they were very different types of players.  Polamalu was much more disruptive on the LoS (and behind it) whereas Reed was more of a force in the secondary.  If you needed to stop a goal-line situation, you wanted Troy.  If you needed to stop a 3rd-and-long, you wanted Reed.  But for pure fun-factor of watching, Troy was amazing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Shocked Dawkins isn’t getting votes. Guy was so versatile and a huge difference maker 

I think he's stuck in the middle.  Not quite the dynamic and forceful tackling machine that Polamalu was and not close enough to Reed as a game changer and ballhawk.  I think people are going to the extremes (kinda like Politics) rather than selecting a really great and versatile Safety like BDawk.  I know his numbers say a little different.  Also, playoffs and Super Bowls matter.  Troy and Ed have some rings.

I was going to say Reed without question. But golly Dawkins was a baller. 36 Force Fumble. What the hell did his mom feed him?

After looking at those numbers adjusted for games played, I’d say the stats suggest Ed Reed was the best. Plus the eye test says Ed Reed was the best.

Troy and Dawkins are close though. I’d go Dawkins second. Similar impact on a per game basis and he had a longer career.