Updated: Athletic Mock Draft; All 255 picks

42 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know who he is.  The point is, can he play outside?  What are the odds that this kid can get off the line of scrimmage against NFL defenders?  I like the prospect, but if he is going in round 2, I am off him because I don't think he fits what we have.  I think he and Shenault are both kind of luxury guys that need you to manufacture touches. 

Everybody likes to wave Tyreek Hill around for every little fast guy, but this guy seems way more fragile and most of these guys are more Taylor Gabriel than Tyreek Hill.  Not that Gabriel is a bad player, but that isn't what you are looking for in the 2nd.  I don't see picking him in the 2nd, especially when he didn't run.

posted his video. Didnt you see him run. He's plenty fast.

I think some folks need to realize that the NFL draft is a long term proposition. 

The only projected Jets starters under contract for 2021 at WR, CB, and EDGE is Bless Austin and Jamison Crowder (the Jets can save 11MM by cutting him in 2021). 

On the offensive line the only players with guaranteed $ after 2020 is Chuma Edoga and Connor McGovern.

Let me be clear....

OL

WR

CB

EDGE

RB

I don’t care which of the five positions they go with so long they end up being good players. 

Would I prioritize offense to help to help Sam? Yes, but if Jeff Okuduh or Chase Young miraculously drops to 11 I would absolutely take them. 

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Not a huge fan of Shenault.  Would rather go with Hamler. More explosive and JD is looking for explosion.

Lots of drops from Hamler. I’d like either better in conjunction with another WR. I do like Shenault a lot but that’s a big dice roll as the only WR.

This is a draft that fills needs but I don’t think fans will like. I appreciate that. I do think Wills’ penalties are enough of a question that I’m not sure I get that fit. But the rest makes sense.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, msena88 said:

What don't you like about Wills?

I don't dislike him but I feel Thomas is the safer prospect who already has proven he can play left tackle. If we wound up with Willis because Thomas was gone I'd be fine with it but we still would have to teach him to be a LT.

58 minutes ago, msena88 said:

I'm not sure I agree that he had a hard time separating in college, purely basing separation off of speed (Higgins did run a 4.43 at Clemson pro day) is also not right. There is only one Tyreek, trying to find other exceptions like him I think is a very dangerous game. He's also coached by arguably the best offensive mind in football right now and plays alongside a generational QB. 

One of his knocks is separation

8 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

I think some folks need to realize that the NFL draft is a long term proposition. 

The only projected Jets starters under contract for 2021 at WR, CB, and EDGE is Bless Austin and Jamison Crowder (the Jets can save 11MM by cutting him in 2021). 

On the offensive line the only players with guaranteed $ after 2020 is Chuma Edoga and Connor McGovern.

Let me be clear....

OL

WR

CB

EDGE

RB

I don’t care which of the five positions they go with so long they end up being good players. 

Would I prioritize offense to help to help Sam? Yes, but if Jeff Okuduh or Chase Young miraculously drops to 11 I would absolutely take them. 

I am in the camp of drafting Bell's 2021 replacement either in the 3rd or 4th. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, derp said:

Lots of drops from Hamler. I’d like either better in conjunction with another WR. I do like Shenault a lot but that’s a big dice roll as the only WR.

This is a draft that fills needs but I don’t think fans will like. I appreciate that. I do think Wills’ penalties are enough of a question that I’m not sure I get that fit. But the rest makes sense.

Yea there is that.  You could then go with a safer pick in Claypool. 

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I kinda hate this draft.  We don't have the roster depth to draft a project QB who at best will be a back up and another TE.  We are so deficient at OL and CB that I'd rather take a flyer on guys at those postions, even late in the draft.

As a poster said before me - I'd lose my sh*t if we picked Shenault while Tee Higgins was still on the board.

I've wished the Jets would take a stab at James Morgan all of last year.  Hes 6' 4" with a canon for an arm.  Im making predictions by we have to take a shot somewhere.  Reading the Pats and Cowboys have shown interest 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I've wished the Jets would take a stab at James Morgan all of last year.  Hes 6' 4" with a canon for an arm.  Im making predictions by we have to take a shot somewhere.  Reading the Pats and Cowboys have shown interest 

Only way we take a stab at Morgan is if we get extra picks.  How are we going to take a stab at a backup QB with as many needs as we have?  I mean, the Pats like him so it's worth pissing them off... but 8 picks isn't much to take a chance on.  Unless he falls past the middle rounds.

4 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Only way we take a stab at Morgan is if we get extra picks.  How are we going to take a stab at a backup QB with as many needs as we have?  I mean, the Pats like him so it's worth pissing them off... but 8 picks isn't much to take a chance on.  Unless he falls past the middle rounds.

Because we need one and its going to take a pick to get one.  

Not filling every need.  So if they think like I do they could take him, if not that fine too.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Because we need one and its going to take a pick to get one.  

Not filling every need.  So if they think like I do they could take him, if not that fine too.

Hey.  I am fine with it if we take him 6th round like the Athletic predicts.

• Upvote 1

Solid mock. I don't like the Shenault pick. Would rather have Pittman or Claypool or Peoples-Jones or a number of other receivers over Shenault. Looks like in this mock Higgins was still available, he would be the pick if I was the GM. Doubt he falls out of the first round tho. 

If the draft fell this way, you know, with no trades at all.  I would have assembled the following, superior draft:

11(1). Andrew Thomas, LT

48(2). Tee Higgins, WR1

68(3). Matt Hennessey, C

79(3). Julian Okwara, Edge

120(4). Tyler Johnson, WR2/3 

158(5). Anthony McFarland, RB

191(6) JuWann Johnson, WR6 for ST

211(6). Lamar Jackson, CB/LB for ST

• Upvote 3

I could easily see Gase falling in love with Shenault his run after the catch ability is special.. he would thrive in that mid to short passing and heavy screen game his offense is built around . Don’t think he even makes it’s too 48. I think we have better chance at aiyuk or Pittman.  I don’t like his mock because I prefer to double dip at OL and WR withIn our 1st 5 picks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Ideally zero picks should be used on DL, TE, S, RB, ILB, FB, K

Go heavy on OL, WR CB and Edge

I think all positions come into play after your outside the top 100.. if a  highly ranked player falls to you . Are you gonna pass to reach for a need? 

It would be a typical jets draft.

1. wills has never played LT and here we are with a need at LT (could work out but why not just take Thomas)

2. Shenault is injured and a borderline gadget player. I know the skills are there but he is not polished. We need a starter day one.

3rd round: 2 defensive prospects who are over potential starters at WR/RB as soon as this year. NO

Not a bad effort overall. Not a fan of picking a TE, even that late. I would have gone with another WR such as Hodgins or the RB McFarland there.

The Morgan pick is interesting. With Fales as our top backup, I am expecting the Jets to add a QB in the 5th or 6th this year. Morgan has been linked to the Jets, and is an intriguing prospect. My out-there projection is Cole McDonald from Hawaii, who has arm talent and mobility but needs a lot of development.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I think all positions come into play after your outside the top 100.. if a  highly ranked player falls to you . Are you gonna pass to reach for a need? 

Depends on how much of a fall we’re talking about.  RB with a round 2 grade falls to the fifth?  Sure, go for it.

Round 2 guy falls to round 3?  Nah.

Too many years of drafting low impact positions.

Stock up and keep the best guys.