Mccaffrey signs huge extension

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When the RB operates more like a WR like McCaffrey does its a lot closer to being worthwhile.  

If we could have the Le'Veon that was catching 80+ passes like he was in Pittsburgh, he'd about be worth the money we're paying him.  

I think Gase and possibly Le'Veon are to blame for that.  Didn't seem like Bell was ever a feature in the passing game, he basically jogged short outs most of the time - he didn't seem to be in too big of a hurry to get open. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I think Gase and possibly Le'Veon are to blame for that.  Didn't seem like Bell was ever a feature in the passing game, he basically jogged short outs most of the time - he didn't seem to be in too big of a hurry to get open. 

Bell had 66 catches for 461 yards last year.  Not what he did in Pittsburgh but not bad either

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm curious if Jamal starts to push harder for an extension now. Will Douglas trade him pre-emptively knowing a hold out is coming?

Therein lies the rub. As more of these players from his draft class sign extensions this offseason, it’s hard to see him staying quiet. You’d think it’s only a matter of time until he gets loud about it. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, deucebag said:

IMO, this is why I think Bell is toast. He looked so f’ing slow when out catching passes, and you can’t blame the OL for that. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, this is why I think Bell is toast. He looked so f’ing slow when out catching passes, and you can’t blame the OL for that. 

Yeah, but was it more of an effort thing?  Bell isn’t a stupid man, he knows when the coach doesn’t plan on using him, and isn’t gonna waste his energy on a coach that doesn’t want him.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah, but was it more of an effort thing?  Bell isn’t a stupid man, he knows when the coach doesn’t plan on using him, and isn’t gonna waste his energy on a coach that doesn’t want him.

I think if Bell was dogging it, especially on passing downs, we would have seen more Ty Montgomery. 

• Upvote 1

So much for my argument that you don’t extend non-QBs prior to year 4.  

I don’t think the Cousins contract works here.  If Jamal wants money now, he needs to agree to team options in the future at about today’s rates.  SS and RB do not have long careers in the NFL.  

Focusing on the draft and using any leftover cap space this year to extend Jamal and Sam is not a terrible strategy. 

Within only three seasons he's already recorded...

2,920 rushing yards.

303 reception (2,523 receiving yards)

A combined 5,443 offensive yards from scrimmage and 39 TD's. 

He's an excellent player (i love him) and a well deserving All-Pro (well on his way to a HOF career). 

However if i were to mock Jet fans and use the "Jets Fan Treatment" on Christian McCaffrey I could easily point to his...

"Career losing record of only 23-25 (.479%) and to make it worse he's coming off of a 5-11 losing season (.312) and how that he just crippled his teams salary cap with a $64 million contract for a glorified pass catching RB who's not even a Franchise QB. Way too much $$$ to hand out to non Franchise QB's. How can they ever afford to pay an elite Quarterback now? And they also pissed away $20,000,000 on a #2 WR in Robby Anderson ala now going to be stuck in cap hell because of a RUNNING BACK (who can catch a football").

However I'm just being sarcastic and mocking a few Jet fans with my post above (please don't take my above seriously (lol). 

Because the reality of it all, is that teams are now able to pay multiple superstars due to an NFL salary cap of $198,000,000 (MILLION!). 

PS: They've also given a contract to Teddy worth another $63,000,000...

while showing just how clueless Jet fans sound like to me while stating that we "can not afford to pay both Jamal Adams AND Sam Darnold" hahaha

Thank you Carolina, for proving my point. 

On 4/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, jetstream23 said:

Suddenly.....Bell looks cheap.

No Way Omg GIF by Laff

This is why the handwringing about "overpaying" is generally overblown. Salaries inflate very quickly and the salary cap goes up every year.

A much more pressing issue facing the Jets is getting talent on the field to begin with.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

This is why the handwringing about "overpaying" is generally overblown. Salaries inflate very quickly and the salary cap goes up every year.

A much more pressing issue facing the Jets is getting talent on the field to begin with.

Exactly. 

Where are the Jets fans acting and pretending as if Carolina is now "crippled" due to the Signing of their All-Pro player? 

They also signed Teddy $62M. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Within only three seasons he's already recorded...

2,920 rushing yards.

303 reception (2,523 receiving yards)

A combined 5,443 offensive yards from scrimmage and 39 TD's. 

He's an excellent player (i love him) and a well deserving All-Pro (well on his way to a HOF career). 

However if i were to mock Jet fans and use the "Jets Fan Treatment" on Christian McCaffrey I could easily point to his...

"Career losing record of only 23-25 (.479%) and to make it worse he's coming off of a 5-11 losing season (.312) and how that he just crippled his teams salary cap with a $64 million contract for a glorified pass catching RB who's not even a Franchise QB. Way too much $$$ to hand out to non Franchise QB's. How can they ever afford to pay an elite Quarterback now? And they also pissed away $20,000,000 on a #2 WR in Robby Anderson ala now going to be stuck in cap hell because of a RUNNING BACK (who can catch a football").

However I'm just being sarcastic and mocking a few Jet fans with my post above (please don't take my above seriously (lol). 

Because the reality of it all, is that teams are now able to pay multiple superstars due to an NFL salary cap of $198,000,000 (MILLION!). 

PS: They've also given a contract to Teddy worth another $63,000,000...

while showing just how clueless Jet fans sound like to me while stating that we "can not afford to pay both Jamal Adams AND Sam Darnold" hahaha

Panthers will go 7-9

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Panthers will go 7-9

Much better than 5-11 last year. 

@#27TheDominator 

Care to comment on Carolina giving their ALL-PRO Superstar an awesome contract despite a career losing record of 23-25? (12-20 over the past two years) 

Or does that not fit your little agenda?

PS They paid Teddy Bridgewater a monster contract too (lol)...

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Much better than 5-11 last year. 

@#27TheDominator 

Care to comment on Carolina giving their ALL-PRO Superstar an awesome contract despite a career losing record of 23-25? (12-20 over the past two years) 

Or does that not fit your little agenda?

PS They paid Teddy Bridgewater a monster contract too (lol)...

I will comment. 

Let's do what the Panthers do!  Recipe for sustained success!

• Haha 3

On 4/13/2020 at 4:52 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

When the RB operates more like a WR like McCaffrey does its a lot closer to being worthwhile.  

If we could have the Le'Veon that was catching 80+ passes like he was in Pittsburgh, he'd about be worth the money we're paying him.  

Get a better OL and you will!

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Get a better OL and you will!

Sure, but the advantage of RB that operates more like a WR is that they aren't dependent on the OL to have success.  That was the main reason why I was able to get behind the Bell signing after it happened.  

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I will comment. 

Let's do what the Panthers do!  Recipe for sustained success!

But you stated that teams shouldn't give All-Pros (non QB's) with career losing records a big contract. 

Are you now admitting that Carolina should not have paid Christian McCaffrey despite over the past 3 years their All-Pro recording 2,920 rushing yards (4.7 yards per pop), 303 receptions, 2,523 receiving yards and a combined 5,443 yards scrimmage along with 39 TD's??????

#27TheDominator: "CAROLINA SHOULD'T HAVE $$$$ PAID $$$$ MONEY TO CHRISTIAN MCCAFREY BECAUSE HE'S AN ALL-PRO WITH A CAREER LOSING RECORD AFTER ONLY 3 YEARS".

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But you stated that teams shouldn't give All-Pros (non QB's) with career losing records a big contract. 

Are you now admitting that Carolina should not have paid Christian McCaffrey despite over the past 3 years their All-Pro recording 2,920 rushing yards (4.7 yards per pop), 303 receptions, 2,523 receiving yards and a combined 5,443 yards scrimmage along with 39 TD's??????

#27TheDominator: "CAROLINA SHOULD'T HAVE $$$$ PAID $$$$ MONEY TO CHRISTIAN MCCAFREY BECAUSE HE'S AN ALL-PRO WITH A CAREER LOSING RECORD AFTER ONLY 3 YEARS".

I never said any of these things and I never will.  You can make all the stupid ******* posts, with moronic font changes, green jets & ham color changes and bolds you want, but don't misquote me and turn me into your straw man like an a$$hole. 

Since you are so big on history and posts since 2007, please go back and provide proof that I ever said this or anything like it.  Otherwise, shut your ******* trap.

Also, if you are going to attribute a quote to me, please make sure that you spell the player's name correctly, put the period inside the quotation marks and refrain from any of the other abuses of our language that you regularly perpetrate around here.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I never said any of these things and I never will.  You can make all the stupid ******* posts, with moronic font changes, green jets & ham color changes and bolds you want, but don't misquote me and turn me into your straw man like an a$$hole. 

Since you are so big on history and posts since 2007, please go back and provide proof that I ever said this or anything like it.  Otherwise, shut your ******* trap.

Also, if you are going to attribute a quote to me, please make sure that you spell the player's name correctly, put the period inside the quotation marks and refrain from any of the other abuses of our language that you regularly perpetrate around here.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:15 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Ooooohhhhh a new font!  Go through thise names.  How many of those guys wom less than 15 games their first 3 seasons?

lol you were clearly talking about his career losing record after 46 games as a way of downplaying his impact as a player. So i replied with this (just for you, buttercup)

Some of the All-Time NFL Greats had career losing records after only "46 games". 

Lawrence Taylor after 46 games: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

Joe Montana after 46 games: 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Bill Belichick after 46 games coached: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

LeBron James after 46 games: 17-29 (12 games below .500). 

Bruce Smith after 46 games: 13-33 (20 games below .500). 

Deion Sanders after 46 games: 18-28 (10 games below .500). 

Ray Lewis after 46 games: 15-31 (16 games below .500). 

Reggie White after 46 games 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Troy Aikman after 46 games 21-25 (4 games below .500). 

Brian Dawkins after 46 games 16-30 (14 games below .500). 

John Lynch after 46 games: 16-30 (14 games above .500)

Calvin Johnson after 46 games: 8-38 (30 games below .500). 

You'r nothing more than the typical know it all critic (I've seen your kind before) who would've became the very first miserable little fan attempting to run the likes of (soon to be All-Time greats) Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Bill Belichick, King James, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch and Calvin Johnson out of NYG, San Fran, Cleveland, Cavs, Buffalo, ATL, Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Detroit faster than an NY minute;

"46 GAMES"

What, now you don't remember talking about his record as a way of not paying him?!?!?! lol @ you

• Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, but the advantage of RB that operates more like a WR is that they aren't dependent on the OL to have success.  That was the main reason why I was able to get behind the Bell signing after it happened.  

Fair point....

I hear what you are saying but a poor OL means that defenses stack the Box and covers Bell on Wheel routes differently and thereby limiting his effectiveness.  T

IMO it simply not accurate to believe that there is a player who can be "fully" effective regardless of the talent level around them.  Everyone and their grandmother knew not to permit Bell to go off and teams schemed accordingly.  Who else what another true everydown offensive impact payer for the Jets?

Answer no one.......

Of course varying players to varying degrees will be impacted differently by poor OL play. 

However Bell was a very good receiver last year for the Jets, despite the OL deficiencies, look at the numbers and the defense schemes surrounding Bell.

IMO give Bell a better OL and you will see his historic numbers materialize again, so long as Gase is willing to call plays that will bring out Bell's true abilities. 

39 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly. He still recorded 61 receptions as a 1st year Jet and would've had over 80 if not for Mono, Trevor and Luke (cold). 

Thank you.............................

People want to trash Bell but the OL was an abomination last year. When Sam went down that was the worst offensive team I had ever seen from the Jets since 1969!

And I'm not joking they were putrid and showed just how horrific the OL truly was!!

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Boy oh boy!  You sure told me!

That's the problem with liars. People who lie, do not remember their own lies. 

You clearly made fun of his career losing record. Carolina's RB just said hello to you too. 

You also claimed that Jamal Adams has never played CB and how you highly doubt it and only went man to man against "TE's (I'll quote you on it too)".

Lied again. 

How did you NOT know his first ever INT was @ CB? I can post another 20 videos of him making plays and breakups at both nickel/dime and outside CB in order to prove how little you know. 

On 4/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't think it's so much the ability to pay Jamal as much as it is the positional value. If I can turn Jamal into a LT, RB, and Edge (even if it's a lottery ticket) + have the money saved on the contract to add another player elsewhere = that's the argument most of us have.

My only issue with money on Jamal is when he eventually asks for top defender money ($20m per year). That's when I pull the plug and go for the multiple players over Jamal.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

And trading Jamal helps accomplish that at positions that actually matter.

There's zero downside to trading Jamal Adams.  Oh no, we lost the SS for a 13-30 team!  We'll go 11-32 without him now!

34 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you.............................

People want to trash Bell but the OL was an abomination last year. When Sam went down that was the worst offensive team I had ever seen from the Jets since 1969!

And I'm not joking they were putrid and showed just how horrific the OL truly was!!

And to think he had no offensive line but could still play like this...

(while recording 1,200 All-Purpose yards from the line of scrimmage behind the worst offensive line within the league; he's awesome. 

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think it's so much the ability to pay Jamal as much as it is the positional value. If I can turn Jamal into a LT, RB, and Edge (even if it's a lottery ticket) + have the money saved on the contract to add another player elsewhere = that's the argument most of us have.

My only issue with money on Jamal is when he eventually asks for top defender money ($20m per year). That's when I pull the plug and go for the multiple players over Jamal.

Stop talking about his position impact when he's a generational player who's completely reinventing his position.

There has NEVER been a Safety within the history of this game (FS or SS) that has recorded as many QB hits, sacks and tackles for loss (LOS) on a yearly average; when compared to Jamal Adams. 

So please for the love of God please stop talking about "position value" when he plays each and every position outside of the D-Line from coverage, man to man, zone, within the Box, rushes QB's from the middle (think extra point play where he blew it up vs Dallas) rushers QB's from the outside, plays the run, guards TE's, can play CB on the outside as well as Nickel/Dime etc, etc.

He's not a "SS" he roams the entire Defense quite like no other player (regardless of position) has ever done it. He plays the entire field; not just "SS" lol

Jamal Adams does 10x more than "just" an outside pass rusher. Even at 15 sacks per year that's still less than 1.0 per game. I'd rather have a Jamal Adams who can line up everywhere outside of Defensive Line than "just an outside pass rusher". JA is WAY BETTER than those guys. 

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's the problem with liars. People who lie, do not remember their own lies. 

You clearly made fun of his career losing record. Carolina's RB just said hello to you too. 

You also claimed that Jamal Adams has never played CB and how you highly doubt it and only went man to man against "TE's (I'll quote you on it too)".

Lied again. 

How did you NOT know his first ever INT was @ CB? I can post another 20 videos of him making plays and breakups at both nickel/dime and outside CB in order to prove how little you know. 

I have never lied.  You just have a (major) comprehension problem.  

Find the quote and quote me.  

For the record, I wouldn't be against giving Adams a contract like McCaffrey, but I think he is asking for a sh*tload more.  I also would not be against trading him if the take was good enough (1st and 3rd for the absolute minimum).