Mccaffrey signs huge extension

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, but the advantage of RB that operates more like a WR is that they aren't dependent on the OL to have success.  That was the main reason why I was able to get behind the Bell signing after it happened.  

What's crazy, McCaffrey has the 2nd most receptions by any player in his first 3 years in the league.   Not just for running backs, but for any player in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have never lied.  You just have a (major) comprehension problem.  

Find the quote and quote me.  

For the record, I wouldn't be against giving Adams a contract like McCaffrey, but I think he is asking for a sh*tload more.  I also would not be against trading him if the take was good enough (1st and 3rd for the absolute minimum).

So you're telling me that you never told me how he never played CB when I was raving about his man to man coverage ratings?

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So you're telling me that you never told me how he never played CB when I was raving about his man to man coverage ratings?

Please show me that quote.

I believe that I said that I didn't think they used him in man coverage much.  That they picked their spots.  I do not believe the word cornerback (or abbreviation CB) was ever mentioned by me. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Please show me that quote.

I believe that I said that I didn't think they used him in man coverage much.  That they picked their spots.  I do not believe the word cornerback (or abbreviation CB) was ever mentioned by me. 

As I stated earlier those who lie can not remember their own lies...

"TheJets used Adams at CB?  When? Where? How?  Results?  "

'I do not believe this for a second.  CB?  Maybe lined up over the TE.  What constitutes "a lot of Center Field?"  Cause if he played CB 1/3 of the time and significant snaps at CF, when was he lined up in the box?  Cause it seemed like that was pretty much where he always was"

two separate posts two different quotes of yours. 

not only was his first INT @ Nickel back (posted video for you) but as a rookie played 33% of his snaps @ CB...

hard to believe you knew none of that

8 hours ago, jgb said:

This is why the handwringing about "overpaying" is generally overblown. Salaries inflate very quickly and the salary cap goes up every year.

A much more pressing issue facing the Jets is getting talent on the field to begin with.

I'd also add that it's talent AND fit.  I think Lev Bell is still extremely talented.  That didn't fall off a cliff with one year away from football (it's not like he was injured for a year, he was essentially resting).  The problem with Bell here seems to be fit for what Gase wants to do and the ability of the OLine to execute blocks.

Just like the Draft, I won't criticize taking the 15th most talented player in the Draft at #11 if he's an excellent prospect AND a perfect fit for the team.  That's a slight overpayment in my book.  It's also where Macc failed last year.  I think he had Quinnen Williams as the #2 player in the Draft behind Bosa.  He felt he had to take him at #3 instead of taking perhaps the 5th best player in Josh Allen from Kentucky, even though Allen would have been a much better fit at this time for this team.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As I stated earlier those who lie can not remember their own lies...

"TheJets used Adams at CB?  When? Where? How?  Results?  "

'I do not believe this for a second.  CB?  Maybe lined up over the TE.  What constitutes "a lot of Center Field?"  Cause if he played CB 1/3 of the time and significant snaps at CF, when was he lined up in the box?  Cause it seemed like that was pretty much where he always was"

two separate posts two different quotes of yours. 

not only was his first INT @ Nickel back (posted video for you) but as a rookie played 33% of his snaps @ CB...

hard to believe you knew none of that

That was an honest question. I never saw your answer.  I don't remember him playing CB, other than lining up over the slot on occasion.  What were his snaps as a rookie CB?  I am not sure, but I think his coverage record was fairly poor as a rookie, but very good last year.  

Also for a cut and paste king, I am not sure that is a proper transcript of what I said. Why not just quote the post?

On 4/14/2020 at 8:41 AM, JetsFanatic said:

Of course a top QB is essential, but I still don't understand the fascination of trading our most talented player.  If Adams wants an unrealistic contract, I get it, but no one knows what he wants. I know I haven't read any solid demands anywhere.   Good franchises do not trade their top talent.

The Khalil Mack trade was brilliant for the Raiders. They’re on the verge of hitting on 5 first rounders and have their whole team rebuilt instead of having Mack eating up ~15% of their salary cap.

Herschel Walker? 

Belichick dealing Milloy, Seymour, Collins, Chandler Jones in their prime?

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Stop talking about his position impact when he's a generational player who's completely reinventing his position.

There has NEVER been a Safety within the history of this game (FS or SS) that has recorded as many QB hits, sacks and tackles for loss (LOS) on a yearly average; when compared to Jamal Adams. 

So please for the love of God please stop talking about "position value" when he plays each and every position outside of the D-Line from coverage, man to man, zone, within the Box, rushes QB's from the middle (think extra point play where he blew it up vs Dallas) rushers QB's from the outside, plays the run, guards TE's, can play CB on the outside as well as Nickel/Dime etc, etc.

He's not a "SS" he roams the entire Defense quite like no other player (regardless of position) has ever done it. He plays the entire field; not just "SS" lol

Jamal Adams does 10x more than "just" an outside pass rusher. Even at 15 sacks per year that's still less than 1.0 per game. I'd rather have a Jamal Adams who can line up everywhere outside of Defensive Line than "just an outside pass rusher". JA is WAY BETTER than those guys. 

Dial it back a little haha where in my post did I say I wanted to pay him like a strong safety?? I've said over and over again that I want to make him the highest paid safety in the league (higher than the free safeties). My only issue is when he comes here looking for elite Edge Rusher money ($20m per year)

As for your bolded comment, these are great numbers but some context might go a long way. I'd love to know how much our defense was on the field due to our inept offense. Does Jamal have great stats in these areas because he's seen drastically more snaps? Is he generating more tackles behind the LoS because teams are trying to run out the clock?

The sack number last year was impressive regardless of how people feel about the quality of competition. There are questions I have there too. How does adding an edge rusher impact the sack statistics Jamal had? Would Gregg Williams still use him to blitz as frequently?

Again I want to pay Jamal the most amount of money any safety has ever been paid, but these are valid questions. Jamal just doesn't do enough on the field to warrant $20m per year IMO. If he was getting 12-15 sacks a year or 4-6 INTs per year it would be a completely different story.

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The Khalil Mack trade was brilliant for the Raiders. They’re on the verge of hitting on 5 first rounders and have their whole team rebuilt instead of having Mack eating up ~15% of their salary cap.

Herschel Walker? 

Belichick dealing Milloy, Seymour, Collins, Chandler Jones in their prime?

If a team wants to trade a haul of picks  like those two players were traded for, I’m all for it. However, I’m not trading just for the 17th pick from the Cowboys.

On 4/14/2020 at 4:08 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

We haven’t made the playoffs in a decade. With or without Adams. He doesn’t make any difference.

On 4/14/2020 at 4:09 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

We need offense, EDGE and CB, actually.

Actually Adams does make a difference. How? We dont need a Strong Safety. The reason why we havent made the playoffs in a decades is because we need an offense, and EDGE and CB's. 

No one is saying that we have safety problems. Our positional problems are everywhere BUT at safety. 

You're going out of your way to state nonsensical stuff. 

On 4/15/2020 at 6:31 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

And trading Jamal helps accomplish that at positions that actually matter.

There's zero downside to trading Jamal Adams.  Oh no, we lost the SS for a 13-30 team!  We'll go 11-32 without him now!

I wasn't clear about your take on Jamal until now :)

Seriously though, if it's going to happen, when will it?

I guess before or during the draft?

Obviously, JD could still move him for players/future picks but I think if Jamal is on the team after the draft, the odds of trading him plummet. At least this year... then do we extend him or play chicken with him and hope he reports?

What do you think? Don't want to turn this in another should we/shouldn't we debate--just curious what you think the timing/scenarios look like. Thanks.

On 4/15/2020 at 6:49 PM, chirorob said:

What's crazy, McCaffrey has the 2nd most receptions by any player in his first 3 years in the league.   Not just for running backs, but for any player in the NFL.

Tied for #3: OBJ, a player many here are calling worthless

• Upvote 1