Woody’s trade for Tim Tebow the gift that keeps on giving

Philc1

The truth shall set you free. Thank you Tim Tebow. Someone had to say it. And it's true too. He was shipped away from Denver and landed within an NY clown circus locker room.

Rex Ryan is a QB killer and the QB killer who ruined both of Tebow and Sanchez. I watched it with my own eyes. Tebow @ Florida and Sanchez @ USC were different quarterbacks on Saturdays. They were different people by the time Rex Ryan was done with them. No longer the same QB's and no longer the same happy go lucky kids Red beat them down as young QB's and forever ruined them mentally @ the QB position. 

I remember as I was reading about red lights and green lights with baseball coaches to teach Sanchez how to slide and green lights when to throw football and red lights when to not throw football in practice? wtf He had our kid QB practicing on how to play red light/green light. did Brett Favre ever have to practice red light and green light reps? He was a control freak let the kid play care free and make plays like @ USC I hated Rex only for the ways he treated our offenses. 

Ryan with the help of his Front Office stripped Mark Sanchez all of his Jet playoff weapons and never upgraded his defenses after 2010's run and it was all down hill from there. 

How the fk do you go from younger Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards who used to fly like Jets and celebrate like JETS to old past their prime washed up Plaxico/40 year old Mason vets? How does this happen?

image.JPG

They then proceeded to ruin Tebow after ruining Mark. 

A.) They tried to utilize Tebow like he's A-Train Mike Alstott? Tebow needed Shotgun not FB in I-Form.

B.) They treated him as just a gimmick. Nothing more than a freaking Miami Wildcat RB? It was disgusting to watch as also an FSU fan I just always remembered how Tebow was used different @ Florida (i live in Saint Pete TB area). 

C.) Tebow was Josh Allen before Josh Allen without the super man arm but won on a National Level SEC against crazy great defenses and he was a Quarterback who could run (think Allen) and asking him to up @ freaking Wildcat, I-Form FB and then TE and catch footballs? Good luck Tom Brady @ TE/WR too? wtf...

Jets didn't use Tebow like that (below). They did not even know how to use him at all. Worse offense than the Gators. 

The Jets ruined that kid  man and even as an FSU fan I loved his heart. Would have never been Joe Montana but he wasn't a loser as Ryan mocked him out to be (tarnished ever since @ QB).

Our Jets have ruined so many young talented college QB's before. Heck it's been since 1996 Keyshawn and then 2001 Santa Moss last time 1st round WR lol poor Tim and Mark. 

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

At least as a jets and Mets fan... he’s still in my life, this time, plot twist, he’s falling down chasing fly balls in left field.

and I’m a fan of Tebow, I follow his social media because of his positivity and spirituality, just not a pro athlete.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The truth shall set you free. Thank you Tim Tebow. Someone had to say it. And it's true too. He was shipped away from Denver and landed within an NY clown circus locker room.

Rex Ryan is a QB killer and the QB killer who ruined both of Tebow and Sanchez. I watched it with my own eyes. Tebow @ Florida and Sanchez @ USC were different quarterbacks on Saturdays. They were different people by the time Rex Ryan was done with them. No longer the same QB's and no longer the same happy go lucky kids Red beat them down as young QB's and forever ruined them mentally @ the QB position. 

I remember as I was reading about red lights and green lights with baseball coaches to teach Sanchez how to slide and green lights when to throw football and red lights when to not throw football in practice? wtf He had our kid QB practicing on how to play red light/green light. did Brett Favre ever have to practice red light and green light reps? He was a control freak let the kid play care free and make plays like @ USC I hated Rex only for the ways he treated our offenses. 

Ryan with the help of his Front Office stripped Mark Sanchez all of his Jet playoff weapons and never upgraded his defenses after 2010's run and it was all down hill from there. 

How the fk do you go from younger Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards who used to fly like Jets and celebrate like JETS to old past their prime washed up Plaxico/40 year old Mason vets? How does this happen?

image.JPG

A.) They tried to utilize Tebow like he's A-Train Mike Alstott? Tebow needed Shotgun not FB in I-Form.

B.) They treated him as just a gimmick. Nothing more than a freaking Miami Wildcat RB? It was disgusting to watch as also an FSU fan I just always remembered how Tebow was used different @ Florida (i live in Saint Pete TB area). 

C.) Tebow was Josh Allen before Josh Allen without the super man arm but won on a National Level SEC against crazy great defenses and he was a Quarterback who could run (think Allen) and asking him to up @ freaking Wildcat, I-Form FB and then TE and catch footballs? Good luck Tom Brady @ TE/WR too? wtf...

Jets didn't use Tebow like that (below). They did not even know how to use him at all. Worse offense than the Gators. 

The Jets ruined that kid  man and even as an FSU fan I loved his heart. Would have never been Joe Montana but he wasn't a loser as Ryan mocked him out to be (tarnished ever since @ QB).

Our Jets have ruined so many young talented college QB's before. Heck it's been since 1996 Keyshawn and then 2001 Santa Moss last time 1st round WR lol poor Tim and Mark. 

thank you for that. I also liked Tebow and feel he never got a fair shake with the Jets. I know we are a minority on this board who feel this way.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.JPG

You’re comparing Allen and Tebow?  Allen is 10x the thrower Tim Tebow ever was and I’m not even a big Allen fan

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair Clemons spent 11 years in the NFL as a back up. Not sure that makes him better but it suggest he’s at least not much worse.,

And Geno is for whatever reason carving out a long career as a NFL backup

It’s strange that our trash bust qbs for whatever reason other teams love to keep around

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

And Geno is for whatever reason carving out a long career as a NFL backup

It’s strange that our trash bust qbs for whatever reason other teams love to keep around

Maybe because we suck at drafting QBs and tend to mistakenly draft back up QBs as starters? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Maybe because we suck at drafting QBs and tend to mistakenly draft back up QBs as starters? 

Kellen Clemens and Geno are both horrible players.  And yet between the two of them they have 20 years experience holding clipboards

There is no way there aren’t better quarterbacks on the street unemployed who aren’t more qualified to be a backup

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Kellen Clemens and Geno are both horrible players.  And yet between the two of them they have 20 years experience holding clipboards

There is no way there aren’t better quarterbacks on the street unemployed who aren’t more qualified to be a backup

That might be true but it’s probably a slim enough margin were it’s not worth the effort. I guess it’s like “ the Devil you know” kinda thing. You get the occasional back up who plays amazing for a bit but eventually crashes to earth and reminds everyone why they are a back up. Most of the time except in rare cases by the time your back is playing your season is pretty much over. 

The whole tebow issue failed spectacularly for two reasons.

#1 The dummies running the show 100% promised him  he was going to be the backup QB.

#2 It was later stated that Sparano never actually  put together a viable wildcat package even though that was a major reason tebow was brought in.

The idea of bringing in a Tebow like player (Taysom Hill these days) was not unsound.  The execution was awful.

9 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Idk why but I always pulled for Clemens. I think it was because noodle arm had out stayed his welcome. Kellen atleast had a strong arm and toughness. I liked that on a QB.

I'd take a broken down dink and dunk game manager and multiple injuries Chad Pennington any day of the week and twice on Sundays as I absolutely hated watching Kellen attempt to play our QB position. 

He was awful and have no idea whatsoever what anyone could've ever saw in him outside of a completion percentage of 51.8%, 5 TD's/11 INT's with a diaster QB Rating of only 59.7 (he stunk).

One of the worst QB's I've ever been forced to watch (understatement). 

He had an awesome O-Line too. 

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'd take a broken down dink and dunk game manager and multiple injuries Chad Pennington any day of the week and twice on Sundays as I absolutely hated watching Kellen attempt to play our QB position. 

He was awful and have no idea whatsoever what anyone could've ever saw in him outside of a completion percentage of 51.8%, 5 TD's/11 INT's with a diaster QB Rating of only 59.7 (he stunk).

One of the worst QB's I've ever been forced to watch (understatement). 

He had an awesome O-Line too. 

He played in the NFL longer than you ever would.

And he has more money than you do.

Clemens > You

• Haha 1