Do you expect us to double dip at WR this draft?

Yes.  If I'm the Jets I'm double dipping at both OL and WR with the first 4 picks.  My ideal draft looks something like this:

1st BAP OT - Thomas, Becton, Wirfs, Wills

2nd BAP WR - Higgins (hopefully), Pittman, Aiyuk, Hamler, Reagor, etc.

3rd RD no particular order  BAP WR/OL - Claypool/Jefferson/Duvernary/etc. Peart/Wanogho/Charles/Hennessy. etc

4th RD BAP RB - McFarland/Dillon/Gibson/Perrine, etc. 

Offense solved, you're welcome 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Must.  My dream draft is:

1. Wirfs/Thomas

2. Shenault/Aiyuk

3. Pittman

pittman may not even be there at 48

i think the better question is, when do the jets take a 2nd wr?  assuming they go wr in either round 1 or 2, do they take another in round 3 or wait until day 3?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i think the better question is, when do the jets take a 2nd wr?  assuming they go wr in either round 1 or 2, do they take another in round 3 or wait until day 3?

The way I've been looking at it is they have to get (1) an OT, (2)(3) 2 WR's, and then (4) either another OL (Cushenberry?) or a CB in the first 4 picks.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Pittman will go in the front half of round 2. I doubt we have a chance with him on our 2nd pick. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes.  If I'm the Jets I'm double dipping at both OL and WR with the first 4 picks.  My ideal draft looks something like this:

1st BAP OT - Thomas, Becton, Wirfs, Wills

2nd BAP WR - Higgins (hopefully), Pittman, Aiyuk, Hamler, Reagor, etc.

3rd RD no particular order  BAP WR/OL - Claypool/Jefferson/Duvernary/etc. Peart/Wanogho/Charles/Hennessy. etc

4th RD BAP RB - McFarland/Dillon/Gibson/Perrine, etc. 

Offense solved, you're welcome 

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Honestly the jets need to triple dip at wr in this draft

especialy if we go OT at 11

Agreed, add Juan Jennings as my late round sleeper WR pick in there too.

@New York Jets @Joe Douglas - I'm available. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

Agreed, add Juan Jennings at my late round sleeper WR pick in there too.

@New York Jets - I'm available. 

There is no way we can go into next season with Breshad Perriman and Vyncint Smith

And I liked the Perriman signing and think Smith has some potential 

• Upvote 1

Yes but later than we all want. Someone in the first three rounds and then a John Hightower, Quez Watkins, Darnell Mooney, Isaiah Coulter on day 3.

I think they should take two in the first three rounds but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they do.

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The way I've been looking at it is they have to get (1) an OT, (2)(3) 2 WR's, and then (4) either another OL (Cushenberry?) or a CB in the first 4 picks.

taking lamb or ruggs and then another wr in round 3 completely changes the weapons.  the question is, how different are douglas' OT rankings than what we see on the internet?  one thing mccagnan never did was evaluate players based on position and position scarcity.  taking thomas at 11 makes it so much easier to build an offense than scrounging to maybe get a decent but not quite ready OT prospect in rounds 2 and 3.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’ve been on Pittman since last October, but I do think his stock is artificially high right now.  He’s a nice receiver, but this talk of him going high second is just a lot of Pre-draft hype.   We saw this last year when so many receivers were thought to be taken so high.   This years group is better no doubt, but I still think a guy like Pittman will certainly be there at 48 if not later.  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’ve been on Pittman since last October, but I do think his stock is artificially high right now.  He’s a nice receiver, but this talk of him going high second is just a lot of Pre-draft hype.   We saw this last year when so many receivers were thought to be taken so high.   This years group is better no doubt, but I still think a guy like Pittman will certainly be there at 48 if not later.  

maybe, maybe not, but i also don't know if he's the type of wr they're targeting.  but everything changes based on what they do in round 1, obviously.  if they take lamb or ruggs, then we're looking at wrs in round 3.  if they go OT at 11, then the run on wrs during the top half of round 2 is critical.  the interesting scenario is a trade back in round 1, then taking either thomas if he's there, or someone like josh jones, which would allow for trade ups in round 2.  truth, the cleanest route is to take a tackle at 11 and then move around on day 2 to get the guys you want.

I see these mock drafts where the Jets only take one WR, maybe in the second round, then take a RB, TE, QB, OG later and I'm like, "where's another receiver?!?" 

They'd be wise to double up on WRs and OTs. I'll be very disappointed if they don't take two WRs. 

10 minutes ago, slats said:

I see these mock drafts where the Jets only take one WR, maybe in the second round, then take a RB, TE, QB, OG later and I'm like, "where's another receiver?!?" 

They'd be wise to double up on WRs and OTs. I'll be very disappointed if they don't take two WRs. 

2 WR's

An LT and a G or C.

We will probably draft a CB, but at best a pass rusher with upside. 

Can't get it all done in one year. 

I would be shocked if we don't select at least two WRs.  Question really is how early will we pick them.  I really hope we add two WRs before end of day 2.  Unlikely that both would contribute significantly as rookies, but we need to come away with at least one guy who contributes this year.  Time to spend some resource on receivers, and since we didn't in FA, two WRs in the draft is a must.

56 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

The greatest value in this draft is at receiver, which is also one of our two greatest needs.  Will Douglas capitalize on this?

I think the smart play is going after a big outside threat like Mims, Pittman, or Claypool in round 2. Then targeting a speedster/slot guy that can return kicks like Lynn Bowden Jr or KJ Hamler in rounds 3 or 4.

Another guy I really like is Tyler Johnson of Minnesota. Dominated all year in the Big 10 but doesn't get the credit he would've if he played somewhere like Ohio St.

Let's hope Douglas doesn't outsmart himself and takes advantage of the quality that will be available.

We most certainly should. 

If there was ever a year where we should trade down, draft an Olinemen with our top pick, double dip at WR as well as make the overall draft an offensive focused one...it has to be this draft. 

35 minutes ago, derp said:

Yes but later than we all want. Someone in the first three rounds and then a John Hightower, Quez Watkins, Darnell Mooney, Isaiah Coulter on day 3.

I think they should take two in the first three rounds but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they do.

This. We can land a stud in round 2, then be patient. It’s such a deep class we can get another OL, get a starting CB. maybe gamble on a situational pass rusher and get the second/third WR later. 

Someone will be there in round 5, like AGG, Bryan Edwards, Gabe Davis, Tyler Johnson...