Do you expect us to double dip at WR this draft?

The greatest value in this draft is at receiver, which is also one of our two greatest needs.  Will Douglas capitalize on this?
I think the smart play is going after a big outside threat like Mims, Pittman, or Claypool in round 2. Then targeting a speedster/slot guy that can return kicks like Lynn Bowden Jr or KJ Hamler in rounds 3 or 4.
Another guy I really like is Tyler Johnson of Minnesota. Dominated all year in the Big 10 but doesn't get the credit he would've if he played somewhere like Ohio St.
Let's hope Douglas doesn't outsmart himself and takes advantage of the quality that will be available.

Yes. There are so many. There are a couple Brandon Marshall’s in this draft you see come off the board in later rounds. Kid from Oregon for example.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 4/14/2020 at 3:33 PM, Pointdexter said:

The greatest value in this draft is at receiver, which is also one of our two greatest needs.  Will Douglas capitalize on this?

I think the smart play is going after a big outside threat like Mims, Pittman, or Claypool in round 2. Then targeting a speedster/slot guy that can return kicks like Lynn Bowden Jr or KJ Hamler in rounds 3 or 4.

Another guy I really like is Tyler Johnson of Minnesota. Dominated all year in the Big 10 but doesn't get the credit he would've if he played somewhere like Ohio St.

Let's hope Douglas doesn't outsmart himself and takes advantage of the quality that will be available.

I say we trade down and double dip at both OT and WR positions. 

1656298864_Screenshot2020-04-16at19_38_37.thumb.png.74c1aa7dd0c3a9fcb19e2cadc9e461ad.png

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, legends of the fall said:

That's fair. It's that im pretty confident in the amount of talent in the draft this season. How about this? 

567452591_Screenshot2020-04-16at20_04_58.thumb.png.a62e9d4fc36d511d94b55ff2c3b437a5.png

I wouldn't want to take our 2nd WR that late, but otherwise love it.

Wills falling to 22 would be crazy.  But even if you want to put Jones, Cleveland or Jackson in that spot I'm more than happy.  

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wouldn't want to take our 2nd WR that late, but otherwise love it.

Wills falling to 22 would be crazy.  But even if you want to put Jones, Cleveland or Jackson in that spot I'm more than happy.  

True. I didnt want to wait that long either. The way the draft fell literally everyone that I would have considered between 64 and 120 were gone. I couldnt complain given that I was able to get Wills so late. 

The good news about that is I feel that Biadasz, Lemieux and Helaire are all starting caliber players with Peart competing for that RT spot within a year. 

If the draft fell like this, that would be insane.

5 of 6 drafted players would get immediate playing time with the Jets. With Pittman Jr. taking over the starting role opposite Perriman, that'll give guys like Cephus and Proche time to develop as well. I REALLY like Proche though. I think him and Pittman would be a devastating duo if Proche develops. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Probably, but 2nd one will be 6th round.. they may even wait on UDFAs as WRs will be stocked there

remember, we theoretically have a smart GM&staff now who can pick smart late round and UDFAs

He's a former OL. If that's his expertise, perhaps it's best that he takes the WR earlier and then finds those OL gems late. Right? 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

He's a former OL. If that's his expertise, perhaps it's best that he takes the WR earlier and then finds those OL gems late. Right? 

No, he has skill at all positions or he wouldnt be a GM,,was Ozzie Newsome only a good TE GM? did u really ask that?

12 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

No, he has skill at all positions or he wouldnt be a GM,,was Ozzie Newsome only a good TE GM? did u really ask that?

Lol, waiting until UDFAs for a WR would be Idzik-like. 

As a former OL, yes, he should have a little extra insight there. Not suggesting he shouldn't draft an OT outside of the first two rounds, either, just that I'd expect him to have a little extra juice at the position given his pedigree. 

4 hours ago, Jets723 said:

No way we trade out of the first round.  If we do trade down I doubt we go further than 16 

Yep.  And I can't see a quality OT like Cleveland falling out of the 1st round either.  Dropping out of the 1st absolutely risks us missing out on Jones, Cleveland and Austin Jackson.

Am I the only one that wants to triple dip into this WR class? We have 8 draft picks and I would use at least 2 on the OL, 3 Wr's, and 1 RB. This is a terrible draft for edge rushers so I'd completely bypass them and would probably look for a couple of CB's.

We should draft to the strength of the draft instead of looking for an outlier.

• Upvote 3

Yes.

I wish they would've double-dipped throughout 2014's draft @ WR.

All of us NY Jet fans here on JN/TGG/JI  knew and understood just how special those kids were heading in and just how legendary 2014's WR draft class could and would become.

We even knew it. 

It's just that unfortunately both of our GM and defensive minded Head Coach didn't. 

• We as a fan base sat there pissed off and frustrated while watching NYJ make us wait until the 4th round to finally go WR.

There were no more All Pro WRs left anymore by the time the 4th cane around. 

Heck 24 of 27 2014s future All Pros (regardless of position) all went 1st 3 rounds 

When in comparison to only 3 All-pros throughout the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds; 3 (top heavy draft). 

✓ Which is the reason why once they finally did go and draft WR come mid rounds (talent already all gone) they became absolutely desperate (while trying to save face) and because of this we watched them walk away with a gamble on two 4th rounders in Jalen Saunders and then Shaq Evans.

So walked away (after our top 3 picks wit...

Calvin Pryor (the pick right before him Baltimore landed 4x All-Pro C.J Mosley. Big difference). 1st round bust.  Safety. 

Jace Amaro (Non athletic TE within and despite a WR rich draft class). 2nd round bust. TE. 

Dexter McDougle (bust). 

Instead of....

Brandin Cooks (402 career receptions, 5,730 receiving yards, 36 TDs) and only two picks later lol goes to Saints. Available in the 1st. 

Davante Adams (3x Pro Bowler). Available in the 2nd. 

Jarvis Landry (5x Pro Bowler). Available in the second.

Allen Robinson (1x Pro Bowler coming off of a 2019 98 catches, 1,147 receiving yards and 7 TDs. Former NFL receiving touchdowns co-leader. Available 2nd round. 

JD will not allow that to repeat x2. 

Jerry Jeudy if on the board @ 11 will become drafted a New York Jet. 

JD is a former O-Lineman himself. He has plenty of 2nd, 3rd x2, & 4th rounder's to draft WR and then continue his off-season rebuild of Free Agency. 

6 hours ago, RobR said:

Am I the only one that wants to triple dip into this WR class? We have 8 draft picks and I would use at least 2 on the OL, 3 Wr's, and 1 RB. This is a terrible draft for edge rushers so I'd completely bypass them and would probably look for a couple of CB's.

We should draft to the strength of the draft instead of looking for an outlier.

I agree with this, i would actually, if the right guy is there take a TE instead of a 3rd wr but i would have no issue with 3 wrs.

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:25 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes.

I wish they would've double-dipped throughout 2014's draft @ WR.

All of us NY Jet fans here on JN/TGG/JI  knew and understood just how special those kids were heading in and just how legendary 2014's WR draft class could and would become.

We even knew it. 

It's just that unfortunately both of our GM and defensive minded Head Coach didn't. 

• We as a fan base sat there pissed off and frustrated while watching NYJ make us wait until the 4th round to finally go WR.

There were no more All Pro WRs left anymore by the time the 4th cane around. 

Heck 24 of 27 2014s future All Pros (regardless of position) all went 1st 3 rounds 

When in comparison to only 3 All-pros throughout the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds; 3 (top heavy draft). 

✓ Which is the reason why once they finally did go and draft WR come mid rounds (talent already all gone) they became absolutely desperate (while trying to save face) and because of this we watched them walk away with a gamble on two 4th rounders in Jalen Saunders and then Shaq Evans.

So walked away (after our top 3 picks wit...

Calvin Pryor (the pick right before him Baltimore landed 4x All-Pro C.J Mosley. Big difference). 1st round bust.  Safety. 

Jace Amaro (Non athletic TE within and despite a WR rich draft class). 2nd round bust. TE. 

Dexter McDougle (bust). 

Instead of....

Brandin Cooks (402 career receptions, 5,730 receiving yards, 36 TDs) and only two picks later lol goes to Saints. Available in the 1st. 

Davante Adams (3x Pro Bowler). Available in the 2nd. 

Jarvis Landry (5x Pro Bowler). Available in the second.

Allen Robinson (1x Pro Bowler coming off of a 2019 98 catches, 1,147 receiving yards and 7 TDs. Former NFL receiving touchdowns co-leader. Available 2nd round. 

JD will not allow that to repeat x2. 

Jerry Jeudy if on the board @ 11 will become drafted a New York Jet. 

JD is a former O-Lineman himself. He has plenty of 2nd, 3rd x2, & 4th rounder's to draft WR and then continue his off-season rebuild of Free Agency. 

Pryor over Cooks was the obvious whiff

• 4 months later...
Just now, RobR said:

@T0mShane @Jetsfan80 Wonder why you guys changed your mind over the last week.

After ending up with a franchise LT and future WR1 out of the first 2 rounds, Douglas had already won the draft.

Did I support taking 2 WRs?  Yes, I've been consistent about it.  I've also been consistent that I'm not gonna whine like a b*tch that we didn't like many here are doing right now, all because of camp injuries.  

Sack up, JetNation.  This season was gonna suck regardless.

• Haha 1