My Grades and research on the top 5 OTs

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

Great stuff. Really interesting how Andrew Thomas is now all of a sudden viewed as a mid round pick whereas right after the season, he was the consensus top tackle in the draft. Would love Wills or Thomas at 11. They seem to be the safest and show the most consistency when watching their tape.

Completely agree, I'm totally really confused how he dropped so far! I like him a lot!

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

Great stuff. Really interesting how Andrew Thomas is now all of a sudden viewed as a mid round pick whereas right after the season, he was the consensus top tackle in the draft. Would love Wills or Thomas at 11. They seem to be the safest and show the most consistency when watching their tape.

This is really how I feel as well and hope JD agrees and one of them are there at 11. Although TBH, I think the Jets may need to trade up with the Jags to hop over Cleveland if they want either one of these guys. That may end up happening. 

Also, Wills can definitely play LT. Maybe not immediately, but he certainly has what it takes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is really how I feel as well and hope JD agrees and one of them are there at 11. Although TBH, I think the Jets may need to trade up with the Jags to hop over Cleveland if they want either one of these guys. That may end up happening. 

Also, Wills can definitely play LT. Maybe not immediately, but he certainly has what it takes. 

ZERO trade ups... Trade downs... sure if the price is right.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I agree, potential trade up to 7 or 9 are definitely in play depending on how those 1st couple LT's begin to come off the board

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I think the trade up is an interesting possibility. The high 3rd pick can get us to Carolina. If JD is locked in on only two of the big four, why not go get your guy.  Should be interesting to see how he values the OT vs WR.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, vtbx said:

I think the trade up is an interesting possibility. The high 3rd pick can get us to Carolina. If JD is locked in on only two of the big four, why not go get your guy.  Should be interesting to see how he values the OT vs WR.

I want us to move up to #9. Give up #11 and our 3rd Rounder to secure the LT we covet. I love me some CeeDee Lamb but LT is so valuable to the long term success of this team.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, vtbx said:

This is my thinking exactly. And it may seem obvious but as far as OTs I think JD is looking at this in one of 3 ways. Either he really, really likes one or two of the top 4 OTs and is willing to move up to get him, he likes one or two of the top 4 OTs but not to the degree that he is willing to move up and will just stay pat and see if his guy falls, OR he likes one or more of the top 4 guys but likes some of the other OTs just as much and would love the opportunity to move down. 

However, the wild card is how the Jets feel about a WR at 11. Personally I think thats all smoke, I think they are locked in on OT and want other teams to move up for Jeudy or Lamb thinking that the Jets may take one of them (allowing for an OT to slide). 

• Upvote 2

The CONS on Becton are completely ridiculous when compared to the other guys. LMFAO! 

You can pretty much take the cons of the other guys and tag them onto Becton. While Wirfs, Wills, and Thomas are getting grilled for their Pass and Run blocking nuances, there is no mention of that for Becton.

Becton is a raw prospect who has very little proper technique. Under cons you can pretty much write "needs to learn the position".

His hand placement is WAY off, he lunges, his footwork is off and sloppy. He has such immense potential, when I watch him I wonder how in the world is he able to get away with such poor hand and footwork but he's able to do it. He covers an immense amount of ground because of his size, he's massive and strong. Right now Becton dominates purely based off talent and lack of competition. In the NFL he won't be able to do that. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, vtbx said:

The only problem with trading up is that we lose valuable pics. We need all of our pics. There are far too many holes on our team to trade up IMO.  If one of the four aren’t there at 11 I see he trades back or take a wide receiver at 11. I don’t want that to happen, I prefer that we take an OT at 11 but if one of the big four are there things can change.

• Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Right now Becton dominates purely based off talent and lack of competition.

I'm curious why you say the lack of competition? He played in the ACC not the Mountain West or the MAC. 

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

I wouldnt trade up for one of these guys.  None are good enough to invest that much into getting them

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I wouldnt trade up for one of these guys.  None are good enough to invest that much into getting them

Yeah.  I can't see trading up for a tackle unless you're absolutely sure it's a generational talent.  Like next year, Penei Sewell... THAT'S the guy you trade up for!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

NFL analyst doesn't come out until they declare, until then it's the NFL media. Look at the projected 2021 draft. It's the same thing. Austin Jackson is another player who was suppose to be a top 10 pick and he's barely in 1st round discussuon. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know (other than the cons listed) why Thomas went from the consensus 1st OT to the end of the "big four." 

I don't watch much college football, so I'm unfamiliar with most players other than the stars. Did everyone else in the top tier pick their game up that substantially this year or is this a case of teams getting enamored with raw athleticism and combine numbers rather than the tape?

Legitimately just curious

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Great thread. 

Just in case we go WR @ 11...

Your thoughts on Isiah Wilson out of Georgia 2nd round OT?

@bla bla bla

He's not likely to get out of the first. There could be as many as 7 first round OT taken. If we pass at 11, we may be looking at someone like Peart or even missing out on OT altogether.

4 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Does anyone know (other than the cons listed) why Thomas went from the consensus 1st OT to the end of the "big four." 

I don't watch much college football, so I'm unfamiliar with most players other than the stars. Did everyone else in the top tier pick their game up that substantially this year or is this a case of teams getting enamored with raw athleticism and combine numbers rather than the tape?

Legitimately just curious

He only dropped among the talking heads to generate clicks. Have you ever noticed how so many of them have a new mock every week, or even every few days? It's just to generate clicks and interest and cover their asses so they can reflect back on the one that was right.

I doubt many scouting departments at the NFL level shuffles these players around as much as the crap that we are reading.